It's October, which means two things. Walking Dead and New York Comic Con is here!
- Artist Alley is in 1E
The North Pavilion was torn down to make way for the new Javits expansion. So they moved Artist Alley to 1E, which is roughly half the size, but they only lost 50-75 tables. It's gonna be cramped. Get used to it, because the new expansion isn't set to open until 2021.
- Pre-Show Lotteries:
They've lumped all their pre-show lotteries into one system this year. In addition to certain exclusives and autograph signings, you can now try to reserve a spot for Main Stage panels and screenings. Lottery entry ends Monday, 9/25, at 5pm EST. If you don't win a seat for a panel, you can still try and line up for it in the morning in 1C.
- Show Specials | Shop the Floor:
Two new sections on the NYCC site. It's basically a preview of some of the items and sales on the floor.
- NYCC created their own OP.
Maps: Javits Overview | Show Floor | Artist Alley | Area Map
Exhibitors: Exhibitor List (including Artist Alley) | Exclusives
Panels: View All | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
The Main Hall is still being cleared out after every panel, but you can reserve a seat by either entering the lottery or by lining up for badge tapping. Details here.
Hudson Mercantile | Map
* Some of the panels here are separately ticketed events.
The Hammerstein Ballroom | Map
Madison Square Garden | Map
Here's a list of all the panels, courtesy of The Beat.
Variety has posted a list of all the television panels and screenings.
- The Death of Stalin panel: Thursday, 10/5, 7:45pm, 1A06
I didn't know it's based of a graphic novel, but Armando Iannucci is going to be there!
- Pacific Rim: Uprising panel: Friday, 10/6, 12pm, MSG
The first panel for Uprising with the cast. Finn will be there, bruv.
- Star Trek: Discovery panel: Saturday. 10/7, 3:45pm, MSG
Depending on how the first two episodes are, this could get ugly.
- NYCC Charity Auction: Saturday, 10/7, 6:30pm, 1A18
- Also, blah blah blah, Walking Dead: Saturday, 10/7, 7:45pm, MSG
- Private Meet and Greet with Mark Hamill: Sunday, 10/8, 4:30pm
There's a lottery for a private meet and greet with Luke Skywalker!
Off-site Event Highlights:
- Adult Swim events
There's an event in LIC the Tuesday before the con.
- Westworld Experience
- Warner Bros. Get Animated Invasion
- Mr. Robot E-coin Launch Party: Thursday, 10/5, Doors 7pm, Terminal 5
- NYCC Heroes After Dark: Friday, 10/6, 8:30pm, Highline Ballroom
Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonicboombox after parties: There's one each night from Thursday to Saturday.
Early bird tickets (and schedules) can be found here.
- Kotaku + io9 Cosplay Ball: Thursday, 10/5, 9pm, Yotel
- Brooklyn Brewery Defender Takes Midtown pub crawl: Friday, 10/6, Starts at 5pm at House of Brews on 51st
- Comic Con Vixens burlesque show: Friday, 10/6, 11:45pm, City Winery
- NYCC Carnie After Party: Saturday, 10/7, 8pm, Connolly's Pub & Restaurant
- Toonami vs Adult Swim After Party: Saturday, 10/7, 8pm, 5th&Mad
Artist Alley: Artist Alley List | Artist Gallery
Having difficulty thinking of subject for a commission or sketch from an artist? Maybe do a search on Comic Art Fans to get an idea. It helped me while I was signing up for pre-show commissions.
Autographs and Photo Ops: View All | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday | Photo Ops
We've all been crunched for time and had to get something quick at the Javits. Preferably, you'd find some alternatives...
Food Trucks: They'll be around and the quality is better than what's inside, BUT they do have to negotiate their pricing with the Javits so it might be pricier than you're accustomed to.
Old Country Coffee: Good sandwiches and a nice alternative to the Starbucks in the Javits.
Gotham West Market: A lot of different venues. Good food.
Daisy May's BBQ: A bit of a trek but it's good BBQ... just don't get the brisket.
Skylight Diner: Decent diner.
Pio Pio: Good Peruvian food.
Food Depot Gourmet Deli/Food Fair Deli & Pizza: Place you can stock up on snacks/water. Maybe get a breakfast sandwich to go.
I've appropriately developed the N.E.G.A.N. system to help you get through the con.
N – Neutralize bacteria. Bathe. Use deodorant.
E – Evaluate the schedule. Plan what you want to do.
G – Gear up! Bring a battery charger. Wear comfy shoes. Bring a backpack to carry all the crap you buy.
A – Access @NYCCLines. Check out line statuses.
N – Nosh. Bring some snacks.
I think some of us are going to the Brooklyn Defender Pint Night event at Barcade Chelsea on 9/28? ¯\_(ツ_/¯