• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

Cth

Only had 30 minutes to explore during lunch, but here's my starting planet, day and night cycle..

Acid rain everywhere and bountiful flora..

DAY
13937994_10153840015346452_5153254069996629171_o.jpg

(Weird Boomerang faced creature in foreground)

NIGHT
13995384_10153840012076452_332651222032281449_o.jpg

(The night is dark and full of terrors..)

I call my ship the Interstellar School Bus. 7x5 cargo, 1,2 mil.

dMtLJPE.png

Goddamn chromatic aberration makes me sick though.

Another one, this is called "Yo dawg, I heard you like moons..."
They're probably planets.

AyYxN3E.png

OmegaDL50

My first planet was a rather warm planet with a yellow haze on the surface and light brown colored surface.

I named it Chartreuse GAF. You will note I will name my planets associated by their color or a specific theme.

pcl4Kbd.png

Exploring Chartreuse, I ran into this creepy cave with a rather deep hole I decided to not check out. I will return to it later.

oeQDDdY.png

Gaenor

Banned
Beautiful shots !! This game is something else, can't wait to lose myself in NMS universe.

Just waiting for the Neo to come out...

OmegaDL50

Leaving Chartreuse after fixing my ship. I encounter a new planet.

Due to it's bright red color I named it Vermillion GAF

ikdQJZs.png

I didn't stick around long on Vermillion. I just scanned a few planets and creatures. Left the planet due to some Beacon.

I land on the surface of a 2nd planet which has a Blood Red coloring. I called it Crimson GAF, yes. I think you're starting to see the trend here?

6L2Wcxh.png

Shortly after landing on Crimson and taking this picture the game locked up and froze my console.

Hopefully they fix that.

NotSelf

I only discovered two planets so far the first one I started on which was more of desert type and this one with some nice lush vegetation.

CpcSfS6WYAA8CR5.jpg

CpcSxcsXgAAFqkA.jpg

Cudder

One of my favorite things about this game is how different the planets look during the day and during the night. I love the color palette of this game so much.

Stuck at work for another 4 hours, and I won't get home until 6:30. My LE is out for delivery, but this wait is killing me. My boss is like, "You should just request tomorrow off." lol. I'm waiting for my 4K tv to arrive, then I'll take the day off to set that up. Probably arrive sometime next week. I'm suddenly understanding the appeal of a PS4K, especially if games get patched with 4K versions...

Taking the day off to set up a TV?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
using ascii shrug in thread titles is getting out of hand, seems the least appropriate in this case tbh

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The draw distance is unfortunate. Guessing the grass pops in when you go further?

Do you guys think the Neo version will be significantly improved?

Personally, I think the draw distance is fine. It's certainly not a deal breaker. It could totally be better, but it is what it is. I'm sure it's something Hello Games would love to address given the time/ability. It's possible that it's an unfortunate byproduct of the procedural generation algorithms.

I can't say if the Neo version will improve anything, but again, I'd imagine if Hello Games could continue to improve NMS performance, they will do so.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Taking the day off to set up a TV?

No, I'm taking the day off to get some rest, but I'm choosing the day my TV arrives so my wife won't have to lug a 50" television up to the 4th floor by herself. lol. I can kill two birds with one stone!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What's the best/fastest way to share screenshots from PS4? Currently I'm copying them to a usb stick then using my laptop to upload. Cumbersome, obviously - I don't want to share to FB/Twitter.

The Argus

Hot damn just got home and the LE has the most beautiful packaging I've ever seen for a game. The box that stores the case/book/comic is incredibly well made.

Edit: Shit, sorry, wrong NMS topic. I'll post pics of the LE if wanted after I figure out how to upload via mobile (and stop playing)

Just posted a few twisty planet shots in the OT and got pointed to this awesome thread. Here's a couple of interesting thing's I've stumbled on. I may also have something very interesting shortly, I have no idea what it really is but maybe someone here will.

VJw46tN.jpg

NVtwKLn.jpg

Mael

My first planet was a rather warm planet with a yellow haze on the surface and light brown colored surface.

I named it Chartreuse GAF. You will note I will name my planets associated by their color or a specific theme.

You make some gorgeous photos,
If I could I would offer you a shot of Chartreuse.
If you don't have a bottle next to you, the next shot of alcohol I take will be for you.

Fedele

After three stellar systems I've finally found a nice, welcoming place - no toxic/radioactive/hot conditions. It ranges from -10 to -50C during storms but you can easily find shelter. This tiny moon is also covered with precious elements, so meet Luna Serena.

Guess I'll be staying for a while (finally)!

Stiler

What's the best/fastest way to share screenshots from PS4? Currently I'm copying them to a usb stick then using my laptop to upload. Cumbersome, obviously - I don't want to share to FB/Twitter.

Least cumbersome way is upload to FB (you can set it to where only you can view the pics, no one else, so it doesn't get shown to anyone) and then you can just take the screen there and put it on imgur or wherever and img tag it.

Top Bottom