• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NO Man's Sky Photo Thread ¯\_()_/¯

JobenNC

Here are some shots from Cactopia!

CpY-AeVVMAYIG1H.jpg

CpY_QTtUMAIJ1K2.jpg

I love this game.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I love the screens, but people, PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES:

1. Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts permitted.

2. No triple posting, please avoid this!

3. Multiple images can be posted if using links only, instead of [IMG] tags....e photos, but please follow the thread rules.

Not the greatest shot, but it's my very first (of many) and my first planet. Welcome to Smurf Alpha in the Smurf Prime system. We have animals. And radiation.

13995553_10153799613334135_1923468651025924806_o.jpg

The screenshots look tantalizing, thanks for sharing these. The graphics are much better than I expected, always thought for some reason that it would look blurry and nondescript in stills. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Well on Friday I will see what this game looks like at 4k 60fps post patch. I more than anyone want to enjoy this game the compression and AA don't seem to help the screenshots and some of the ground textures look flat. All the same I am going to give it a shot as the procedural generation is fascinating. If my previous comments caused upset then I apologise I woke up the wrong side of the bed yesterday that's all. Does anyone know if the ps4 patch is live? Could we see a comparison of pre and post patch screenshots as hello games said they where tidying the graphics up

Simo

I'm digging these lush green planets.

Yeah. it's beautiful. I haven't even tried to climb that mountain yet either. The planet is rich in resources and I've a lot of life, all herbivores, and the planet also has a pretty big cavernous underground with all these bio-luminescence planets and rock formations. Super cool.

It doesn't have tall grass but these lily pad looking stuff instead. lol This shot was pretty much where I first spawned.
28589542400_31203f0a03_o.png

I kept seeing these shadows on the ground moving and I didn't think there was anything flying until I actually bothered to look up and see all those creatures in flight. The floating rocks are copper formations I guess.
28589541900_b72ddfbe8c_o.png

theWB27

Same planet, different moons. Sorry....same planet in the background on different moons.

2V7839U.jpg

0RvjlPR.jpg

Edit- @nyteshade...it's just as green on the planets. Awesome.

dead planet i found and its amazing in there !

nomanssky_2016080917339kre.png
nomanssky_201608091736jkj4.png

Wow. After seeing all the life-filled worlds the starkness of this planet really hits home. Beautiful in a haunting, lonely kind of way. Also seeing the stars...like, that isn't just a skybox, those are the stars of other systems you can travel to. Crazy.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Beautiful shots, Betty.

You were the real chosen one, and were robbed by that noob upstart. Should have used more paralysers on him.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Something from my starting planet

nomanssky_20160809170elux1.png

nomanssky_20160809171u7u6b.png

One of my favorite things about this game is how different the planets look during the day and during the night. I love the color palette of this game so much.

Stuck at work for another 4 hours, and I won't get home until 6:30. My LE is out for delivery, but this wait is killing me. My boss is like, "You should just request tomorrow off." lol. I'm waiting for my 4K tv to arrive, then I'll take the day off to set that up. Probably arrive sometime next week. I'm suddenly understanding the appeal of a PS4K, especially if games get patched with 4K versions...

One of my favorite things about this game is how different the planets look during the day and during the night. I love the color palette of this game so much.

Stuck at work for another 4 hours, and I won't get home until 6:30. My LE is out for delivery, but this wait is killing me. My boss is like, "You should just request tomorrow off." lol. I'm waiting for my 4K tv to arrive, then I'll take the day off to set that up. Probably arrive sometime next week. I'm suddenly understanding the appeal of a PS4K, especially if games get patched with 4K versions...

The draw distance is unfortunate. Guessing the grass pops in when you go further?

Do you guys think the Neo version will be significantly improved?

Same planet, different moons. Sorry....same planet in the background on different moons.

2V7839U.jpg

0RvjlPR.jpg

Edit- @nyteshade...it's just as green on the planets. Awesome.

Damn that is so gorgeous and cool.

I really hope this game has a future where you can start building things into it. I feel as if that's a much desired direction for the game.

I hope draw distance on PC is significantly better, and that Neo helps too. Seems like the game is held back by PS4.

Top Bottom