• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

Game feels technically top notch and old at the same time.

I really would've liked for all in-game cutscenes, no cutscenes on take downs, better animations on faces and bodies. Yeah, this is a sequel to Human Revolution alright.

Enclose

What is your texture setting and graphics card?

Texture setting is either High or Very High, it doesnt really matter

My Setup:

I5 3570
GTX 980 TI
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

Tried some things like Turning Cloth Physics off but nothing really helped.
But the FPS are stable, so im really confused why the hell this game stutters.

Nzyme32

·feist·;214761966 said:
Hopefully the DX12 version is well implemented.

This video would've have been better served captured at a higher bitrate or uploaded at a higher resolution to compensate somewhat for the he compression, but it has FPS comparisons of each setting with what seems to be an i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – PC Low vs. Medium vs. High vs. Ultra PC Graphics Comparison @1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02uxM3vyClY

Not sure if it was posted, but along with Bit-Tech's benchmarks, TechPowerUp had these findings:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/

ultra_900xdqsv.png
high_900jwrw7.png

ultra_10801iona.png
high_1080ajqt2.png

ultra_1440e1raj.png
high_14403ppiw.png

ultra_2160barq6.png
high_2160zbq71.png

settingsu6rxx.gif
tpu-demdw2pui.png

I do not understand how I am able to have better performance than these benchmarks at higher resolution, both with the games own benchmark and during normal gameplay...

What CPU are you using by any chance? I have a GTX 1060 too and if I can run this at max with a few settings turned down at a stable 60FPS, I might consider getting this game on a sale.

As I mentioned above I have no idea how I have such great performance. So I have:

MSI Armor GTX 1060 6gb oc (further oc +100 core, +400 men)
i5-6600k 3.5ghz stock
16gb ddr4 (3000mhz)

I've use both a 1080p TV and 16:10 1680x1050 monitor, and both surpass the above benchmarks significantly. On the 16:10 I'm getting 61-110fps thus far. On the TV it's 49-100fps thus far. This is on the ultra preset now, no MSAA, CA or CHS. Importantly, at 1080p I'm rarely getting below 60fps. There seem to be specific scenes / areas where I can make drops happen and stay there, but other wise no problem

Javin98

Banned
As I mentioned above I have no idea how I have such great performance. So I have:

MSI Armor GTX 1060 6gb oc (further oc +100 core, +400 men)
i5-6600k 3.5ghz stock
16gb ddr4 (3000mhz)

I've use both a 1080p TV and 16:10 1680x1050 monitor, and both surpass the above benchmarks significantly. On the 16:10 I'm getting 61-110fps thus far. On the TV it's 49-100fps thus far. This is on the ultra preset now, no MSAA, CA or CHS.
Great! I have an i5 6500 at 3.2 GHz, so performance should be extremely similar to your rig. My 8GB DDR4 RAM is clocked at 2133 MHz, but it shouldn't make a difference at all. Perhaps the performance on your rig is significantly better than those benchmarks because the settings shown by the other poster isn't Ultra? CHS, Volumetric Lighting and SSR are only "On", which is a step below Ultra. According to this thread, CHS is very demanding and I'm sure volumetric lighting is too, so it's probably the reason why your rig runs it at an almost rock solid 60FPS.

Also, do those benchmarks specify if they use MSAA at all?

ShaunBRS

I found better SLI compatibility bits: 0x2C0120F5

With these I am getting about a 50% performance increase over the regular ones (about 15-20% better than single GPU). Obviously I have not extensively tested these bits but if anyone wants to give them a go let us know how you get on.

I'll keep looking for some better ones too.

4jjiyoon

B. TAA is ghosting hard in some scenes, easily visible in motion and on a simple 60Hz display. An example is the dialog with the cultist guy at the ground floor of Jensen's Prague apartment.

ah so it's the taa causing that. it was the first time i noticed that weird ghosting effect.

Profanity

No 1440p/Ultras/60fps with a 1080? What the fuck?

All you have to do is turn CHS off to get a solid 60+ in-game, but not in the benchmark.

Personally I've turned Volumetric from Ultra to On as well to keep it at a 70 minimum. Hardly any difference between the two settings.

bbd23

Goddamnit these stubborn things on screen that won't go away. First it was "Hold Y to unmark all" and now I got a giant fucking banner tutorial stuck on the screen telling me to disable an aug. So annoying, there are way too many pop ups and shit during the early hours of this game.

hey I had this too.. just talk to the guy again. made it disappear for me.

Nzyme32

Great! I have an i5 6500 at 3.2 GHz, so performance should be extremely similar to your rig. My 8GB DDR4 RAM is clocked at 2133 MHz, but it shouldn't make a difference at all. Perhaps the performance on your rig is significantly better than those benchmarks because the settings shown by the other poster isn't Ultra? CHS, Volumetric Lighting and SSR are only "On", which is a step below Ultra. According to this thread, CHS is very demanding and I'm sure volumetric lighting is too, so it's probably the reason why your rig runs it at an almost rock solid 60FPS.

There is a guy who posted earlier using a 980ti at 1440p and getting 55-80fps or something similar with the same settings pretty much. Definitely a fair few of us with good performance that doesn't seem to match benchmarks.

Trojan

After running the in-game benchmark, which seems more demanding than the first level, it looks like I'm going to be running this at 4K on Ultra at around 30-40fps. It doesn't make much of a difference if I dial down the detail settings so might as well keep Ultra.

Avg: 35 fps
Min: 30 fps
Max: 42 fps

i7 6700k @ 4ghz
Titan X Pascal
24GB RAM

Javin98

Banned
There is a guy who posted earlier using a 980ti at 1440p and getting 55-80fps or something similar with the same settings pretty much. Definitely a fair few of us with good performance that doesn't seem to match benchmarks.
Yeah, I was referring to that guy. He set CHS, volumetric lighting and SSR to "On", which is a notch below Ultra. Those three settings are pretty demanding, especially the first two. I can definitely see a 15-20FPS gain from lowering them. Also, I really wonder if those benchmarks use MSAA. Would explain the significantly lower performance.

4jjiyoon

i7 2600k + 16gb ram + gtx 970 @ 1080p. it seems to stay about 60fps most of the time with these settings. drops a bit when smoke and fog come on screen. apparent at the beginning in dubai with the sandstorm.

IVySPYP.jpg
dRy4DjW.jpg

Regginator

Any way to skip the intros? I already know it's powered by AMD, developed by Eidos, published by Square Enix, and ported by Nixxes.

Azzanadra

Can I get a TL;DRon what the big performance eaters are? MSAA is one mentioned, what are some eaters that don't have too much impact on looks? Using a 970 btw

Dartastic

So those of you with a 1070, what are you guys running to try and make this look as good as possible at 1080p with above 60 FPS? I just tried starting it up and putting it to ultra and the framerate didn't like that very much...

Edit: HOLY SHIT MSAA WOW YOURE TANKING THIS SHIT BAD ARENT YOU

Edit 2: put MSAA to 2x, turned off the contact shadows, now mostly at high 50's/60. I7 4790k, 16 gigs of ram, 1070.

x3sphere

After running the in-game benchmark, which seems more demanding than the first level, it looks like I'm going to be running this at 4K on Ultra at around 30-40fps. It doesn't make much of a difference if I dial down the detail settings so might as well keep Ultra.

Avg: 35 fps
Min: 30 fps
Max: 42 fps

i7 6700k @ 4ghz
Titan X Pascal
24GB RAM

Similar specs here but with i7 5930k

I'm running Very High preset with CHS off, Ultra textures, High shadows, sharpening off, chromatic aberration off

Runs good at 4K with these settings, FPS varies a lot depending on the area but most of the time around 45-50

I tried all ultra but it felt a little too sluggish to me, very happy with the settings I've settled on.

Javin98

Banned
So I think my suspicions could be correct. If TechPowerUp are indeed using the default "Ultra" settings in their benchmarks, 4x MSAA is enabled. At the end of Candyland's video, you can see the individual settings for each preset.

https://youtu.be/02uxM3vyClY

This is assuming Candyland don't change the settings manually, though. Anyway, if the default settings based on the presets are used, it could explain why the GTX 1060 on TechPowerUp's benchmarks does significantly worse than Nzyme claimed.

tesqui

It's been playing fine at 8gb of ram. I wonder why they recommended 16gb. I still should probably upgrade soon though.

Evo X

Anyone having performance problems, turn off MSAA and CHS. You will barely notice the difference in game, but double your fps.

I found better SLI compatibility bits: 0x2C0120F5

With these I am getting about a 50% performance increase over the regular ones (about 15-20% better than single GPU). Obviously I have not extensively tested these bits but if anyone wants to give them a go let us know how you get on.

I'll keep looking for some better ones too.

Yeah, this is huge. Big performance increase here, though I can't say how much because I can't make it through the benchmark without the game crashing. Definitely not stable for me, but it shows that there's a lot of room for improvement as far as SLI is concerned.

Looks like someone on Reddit worked out how to skip the intro videos. It's not as clean as deleting files and skipping them completely, but it cuts down the intro time significantly.

Here's the instructions: Hack to get rid of the annoying intro videos in DXMD (PC)

Now someone needs to figure out how to get rid of the "Unmark all" prompt that gets stuck on screen. I think it showed up on mine right around the time I disabled the marking augmentation, maybe that's got something to do with it?

Well, I did get the game to actually run now, but man, my 770 just cannot keep up. No way to get anywhere close to 60fps unless I turn literally everything to low, which makes the game look worse than Human Revolution.

This and the mouse acceleration shit makes the game play like ass. It's pretty disappointing. Looks like this game was made strictly with the 1000 series in mind and they told everyone else to take a hike. I shouldn't have bought this, but I got it via cdkeys so I can't refund :(

Managed to get 30-40 fps on high preset + tesselation on my old PC, and it barely drops to 29.

I'll try to cap it at 30fps later after work, I guess.

FaintDeftone

So I went to launch the game and it fails to launch each attempt. I tried to verify file integrity and now it's downloading a bunch of shit again. I preloaded days ago and downloaded the day one patch. Ugh.

Oddly enough, I rebooted my PC and now I'm getting 60fps across the board (except for the pre-explosion Prague scene, dipped there). So I'm guessing my 970 had downclocked after a driver crash at some point.

Broank

Runs pretty great for me so far.

i7 6700
EVGA 1070 ftw (slightly overclocked more from 1797 to 1925mhz)
16gb ddr4 3000mhz

2560x1440
no msaa
triple buffer

Runs locked solid on 60fps in gameplay so far (strangely was dipping into the high 50s a bit on the scripted train station sequence). Only gone through the opening mission and explored Prague a bit . Tried 4k on the first mission and it actually hovered around 30-35 but felt pretty choppy, although it looked sharp af on my TV.

Edit: Benchmark
52.4 av
39.9 min
60.5 max

EDIT: for those who have the same problem, i managed to make the message disappear by completing an objective in a quest. No clue about the "T to unmark" one. It's just there.

Yeah that's how I got it to go away. Surprisingly a restart didn't do anything.

Dolobill

Damn it. I always hope I'll be immune to this. Game just crashed in the hub city during a scripted scene. I'm on ultra minus MSAA and CHS. GTX 1070 i5, 6600K.

CHC

OH MY GOD.

IT'S GONE.

The thing telling me to "Hold Y to unmark."

Finally gone. I don't know for sure what did it - just kept playing the game - but I believe it might have been reacquiring the target marking aug after the scene in the book store.

Bizzquik

So there's no dummy-proof GeForce Experience "Game Optimization" for this game yet, eh...?

Unfortunate. I always just let it come up with optimization settings, then turn them down to '8' and call it a day for 60fps.

Lister

Banned
i5 4690k @ 4.2 Ghz
GTX 1070 @ 2.2 Ghz
2560x1440p panel

Running at mostly 60 FPS with tripple buffered Vsync on and @1440p. Some drops to as low as 55 in a few spots here and there in the first tutorial levels in the abandoned hotel.

Runningg with everything on the highest settings except Contact hardening shadows (off) and MSAA (off).

So so far, so good! Will update when I hit Prague.

Fledz

Running fine for me.

i7 930 (lol I know right)
6GB RAM

High minus Motion Blur. Rock solid in the prologue and start of Prague.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Well this is odd. Have been playing this for a few days getting around 50fps one my GTX980 and 4790K on high settings, more or less. Booted it today and no matter what settings I change it's stuck at 20fps.

Hmmm.

n0razi

i5 4690k @ 4.2 Ghz
GTX 1070 @ 2.2 Ghz
2560x1440p panel

Running at mostly 60 FPS with tripple buffered Vsync on and @1440p. Some drops to as low as 55 in a few spots here and there in the first tutorial levels in the abandoned hotel.

Runningg with everything on the highest settings except Contact hardening shadows (off) and MSAA (off).

So so far, so good! Will update when I hit Prague.

Im on a 970 right now and looking to upgrade to a 1070 but I want consistent 90-120fps. I might have to shell out for the 1080.

Stiler

2600k @ 4.4ghz
Zotac amp extreme 1070

Running with these settings:
WKTXHnQ.png

Vsync set to triple buffering and MSAA off.

I get around a good 60fps but I have seen it go down to lower 50's with a lot of people on screen particles/effects going on.

If I turn on MSAA and turn off TAA I see drops to even the 40's. So I can't really figure out what kind of AA to do, TXAA makes things blurrier, MSAA looks nicer but is a lot more taxing.

prag16

Banned
2550k, 970, 16GB DDR3

"High" preset, minus chromatic aberration. Almost a rock solid 60 with very few minor drops through the Dubai mission. Prague might tax things a little more, but I'm perfectly happy so far. No frame pacing or stuttering issues.

FtsH

Yeah, this is huge. Big performance increase here, though I can't say how much because I can't make it through the benchmark without the game crashing. Definitely not stable for me, but it shows that there's a lot of room for improvement as far as SLI is concerned.

Actually worked for me!

This is default SLI bits in 372.54
xKYb.jpg

This is with 0x2C0120F5 (Overwatch)
yKYb.jpg

Both 4K Ultra w/o MSAA.

I_D

980ti
i7 3770
16gb RAM

It's not quite as locked as I initially thought, but it never dips below 50fps at 1080p ultra settings with MSAA off.

And just for kicks, I tried 1080p with MSAAx8, then 4k with MSSAx0.
I think 4k looks better. It might just be me, but it seems like MSAA turns off some graphics features.

1080p with MSAAx8:
1yvu2r.png

3840x2160 with MSAA off:
2n6uc4.png

EDIT: I get about 1fps with 4k and MSAAx8. The game runs so slowly I couldn't even get out of the menu to see what a screenshot would look like.

Top Bottom