• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

DieH@rd

Banned
4GB RX470 here - I'm getting mostly 60fps with a mixture of High and Very High. No Ultra settings, TAA (no MSAA), and all of the setting with "On" and "Ultra" choices just set to On. Looks fairly nice. Not incredible, but good.

I get weird performance dips around certain alpha effects - the Icarus dive and some of the whips of sand/debris in the first mission really did a number on my framerate for some reason.

Thanks for that RX470 impression. I will start playing tomorrow.

killroy87

so this sounds like a pretty poor running game, at least at launch?

i have it pre loaded and ready to go, but if it doesn't run well i'll wait for a patch and new driver set.

I just got home and I wondering whether if it is faster to unencrypt the pre-load or delete it and redownload it. It would take a little more than an hour to download it on 50Mb connection. Steam is not giving me an ETA which is frustrating : /

CrayToes

I just got home and I wondering whether if it is faster to unencrypt the pre-load or delete it and redownload it. It would take a little more than an hour to download it on 50Mb connection. Steam is not giving me an ETA which is frustrating : /

Took me around 45 minutes to decrypt.

Nzyme32

Fucks sake, so many bugs - another one to avoid - for some reason in some scenarios you can press V to access the quick equipment menu thing, then press escape, which brings up the game menu. Try and return to the game and the equipment screen is locked on screen, and you can't get the mouse to show up or the menu to interact. You are locked in position and can't do anything other than access the game menu....

stupid

Nope. Thought it was at first as the opening scene in the benchmark ran at 30 but then as the camera neared the stairs it went up to 60. Really strange. I've never experienced gaining as many fps as that whilst tweaking any game.
Hm weird.
-

It won't go away!!!!
gSrZuNU.png

Ogimachi

LOL not even TotalBiscuit, who pretends to be the embodiment of "PC Master Race", mentioned the mouse acceleration.
If PC gaming media and PCMR folks all failed to report it, it means:

A) They simply can't notice mouse acceleration.
B) They play with a controller when nobody's looking.

I hope it's B, because A means most of them, specially the people writing "port reviews", are frauds.

Could someone help me figure out what's going on with this artifacting here? It only happens at certain distances, haven't really noticed it on any other objects.

Game feels like it's kicking my 770's ass in general, which feels really weird to me. Something about mouse movement feels a bit jittery as well? Is that the mouse acceleration issue people have mentioned?

dr_rus

im assuming that checkerboxing is an nvidia issue and not how they are suppose to look. shadowing in general looks very wrong there to begin with tho

heres 1440p gtx1080 gameplay with perf metrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvas03CjDg8

What checkerboxing? I don't see any issues with game's rendering, just the performance.

Wut?

So should I leave DoF maxed out then?

You should see how it runs in game, not in the benchmark at least.

renzollo

Banned
How common is the environment from the
sandstorm/helicopter
section early in the game? That bit dropped my 970/4460 down to 45 but otherwise I've been running a pretty clean 60 with my current settings. I'm trying to decide whether to tweak my settings to hit 60 in that environment (because I'd always rather be running at constant 60 then getting nicer effects), but if it's a one-time drop then I won't worry about it.

epmode

Is there an option for a small crosshair with weapons holstered?

edit: Found it. It's under Gameplay Options. Reticle.

What is it actually doing? Pretty sure I've finished pre-loading the game yesterday.

u0Kmza1.png

Edit: it seems that it's the decrypting process? Weird, usually there's a small pop-up window for that.

Arkanius

These are the settings I'm running at
55-80 fps
980 Ti
3570K OC 4.2 Ghz
8GB RAM

pJhqfqw.png

uR3oCRQ.png

The game is well optimized, I'm really certain that MSAA is the real culprit of everyone's problems here.

packy34

LOL not even TotalBiscuit, who pretends to be the embodiment of "PC Master Race", mentioned the mouse acceleration.
If PC gaming media and PCMR folks all failed to report it, it means:

A) They simply can't notice mouse acceleration.
B) They play with a controller when nobody's looking.

I hope it's B, because A means most of them, specially the people writing "port reviews", are frauds.

TB absolutely doesn't use controllers for shooters. Come on now.

Ilmyr

My experiences are unstable so far.

Specs:
GTX 970 G1 Gaming, i7 4790K, 16 GB RAM, (latest nvidia driver)

Settings:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (16:10)
Preset: Very High
Motion Blur: Off
Contact Hardening Shadows: Off
Chromatic Abomination: Off
MSAA: Off

Fps are completely random and vary between 30-60. Sometimes its completely stable at 60 fps. Next time i reload the same scene it's unstable with 30-40 fps and it doesn't recover.

Sometimes the UI (e.g. in display settings) starts to flicker wildly, once i hover over those regulator controls like "field of view" or "brightness".

Got past the intro level. Have to go to work then a housewarming party. Turned contact shadows to the middle setting and msaa to 2x, rolling with mostly maxed settings otherwise at 1080p on 980ti.

Running fine so far but I'm not actually checking framerates.

Lagamorph

Man, GeForce experience turns the settings for this waaaaaay down on my 970m laptop. And the benchmark still averages at 37fps with a max of 50.
Hoping some patches/drivers can improve this, I really expected better settings to be honest.

On the other hand, GeForce experience gave me super low settings for No Man's Sky at first (And not even 1920x1080 resolution) but that's now gone way up to what it was after a patch or two.

Finally got passed the prague part, then had it just exit the whole game and steam randomly. Got it working now though. Still solid 60 in built up areas on High settings on my 970. Controller is a bit wonky at times though sometimes it just locks to KB/M

These are the settings I'm running at
55-80 fps
980 Ti
3570K OC 4.2 Ghz
8GB RAM

pJhqfqw.png

uR3oCRQ.png

The game is well optimized, I'm really certain that MSAA is the real culprit of everyone's problems here.

Ran a benchmark with similar settings to yours, but 1080p 60Hz and no contact shadows.

My rig:
i5 6500
16GB DDR-2400
Gigabyte G1 1070

My results:
Average: 66.4
Minimum: 54.7
Maximum: 84.2

Seems pretty playable to me.

EDIT: Though I have pretty new stuff, I would expect it to run a bit nicer frankly.

dr_rus

Got past the intro level. Have to go to work then a housewarming party. Turned contact shadows to the middle setting and msaa to 2x, rolling with mostly maxed settings otherwise at 1080p on 980ti.

Running fine so far but I'm not actually checking framerates.

I tried MSAA and it's just a pointless resource hog in this title as the hit is substantial even for 2x but it doesn't really AA stuff which needs AA the most. If you're running with it and TAA you should try disabling MSAA completely as you won't notice much difference in AA quality most likely.

d00d3n

A question regarding MFAA: I get the same performance/frame rate as I do without it in the benchmark and in-game, with MSAA settings being equal. Is this normal? The benefit, then, would be that I get better anti-aliasing with say MSAAx2/MFAA than with MSAAx2/"no MFAA"?

Anybody elses tutorial sentences (those in yellow) cut off? Is this a problem with german text and fine with english text?

Despite the problems, I am loving the atmosphere, although illuminati is kinda silly in 2016.

heringer

I think I'll just crank everything up and lock it to 30. The mouse acceleration is annoying anyway even in higher framerates, might as well play at 30 fps.

It's a good port, bugs and crashing aside.

I will say the game looks much better than I expected from videos. I particularly like how well the game transitions to pre rendered cutscenes, almost seamlessly. Character models and animations are the weakest parts, but not as bad as Human Revolution was at it's time.

leng jai

Not great performance honestly. Forget 1440p, 1080p/60fps is a stretch on my 1070/6600k unless I turn off contact shadows and turn down everything to very high.

epmode

Aside from mouse acceleration and sensitivity, the port is running very well at 1440p on my last gen Titan X. I did turn off contact shadows and lowered volumetric fog one step as suggested. AA is off too (aliasing doesn't bother me much at high resolutions).

Top Bottom