• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC performance thread

So I can't seem to finish downloading this game. I had it preloaded, and it was stuck at 87%. I deleted the local contents, restarted Steam and the PC, cleared the download cache, and tried again... now it's stuck at 81% (18.5GB). I've never had an issue like this on Steam before. Any suggestions?

Disk usage is still going at ~15-20MB/s, while network is at 0 bytes. :/

CPU: 6600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB DDR4
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Same, steam is fucked. But it should be downloading, I have the game start up window and it shows progress even though there is no info on the steam download page.

What were you using to benchmark? I tried almost those exact same settings but I was just eyeing my frame rate and would like to get an official benchmark.

The in-game benchmark is in the Extras menu. It seems to be a scene from the hub area so very representative of the worst-case game performance.

Nzyme32

At what resolution? I find it hard to believe that a 1060 is running at 67-73 fps there when 1080 is hardly reaching above 60, you know. You're probably running 1080p?

Anyway, I've played with the settings a bit and it does seem like Contact Hardening Shadows are the main culprit for low performance on NV cards at least. Turning them from Ultra to Off grants me some +10-20 fps in the lowest performing areas I've seen yet which is something around +25-33% of performance. The rest of the settings don't affect these areas much. The funniest thing is that I can't really see much difference between CHS being at Ultra and Off completely in such scenes.

Yeah 1080p TV. The gtx 1060 is only slightly OC, +100 core, +400 mem

Regginator

Is the 16.8.2 beta AMD driver stable? Anyone experiencing any issues? I'm about to fire up DXMD and I want the best driver for it, I'm currently on 16.7.3.

Arkanius

I dropped to 50 in the first Prague cutscene.
Is everyone getting drops here? There was lot's of geometry there.

1440p
980 Ti
Very High with Ultra Textures.
No MSAA

Mattenth

Grrr, I'm getting a crash as soon as the first mission starts. I've tried any number of combination of settings now to resolve it and still had no luck.

Log file always generates these two lines:
13:16:04:029 (00027960) > [Crash] Unhandled exception at address 0x0000000043539927 (code: 0xc0000094): "Integer divide by zero"
13:16:04:089 (00027960) > [Crash] Created minidump at "C:\Users\me\Documents\Deus Ex - Mankind Divided\Deus Ex - Mankind Divided-v1.0 build 524.6 2016-08-23-13-16-04.mdmp".

Searched around and haven't found any solutions yet :( Wondering if anyone else here has tackled it.

Jonbo298

It looks horrendus imo. I can handle some sharpening but not as much as this game applies.

Doom had it too but you could adjust it.

To each their own. I'm not well versed about how sharpening is used in Doom and this and I'm relying just purely on what I saw with my own eyes. A slider would have been nice based on what you've said. This is why I added the remark that it felt like a good in-between solution when MSAA is too much for a video card to handle smoothly.

Jude

Banned
The grain is strong on this one... any idea how to remove it?

L8vljIT.jpg

CHC

The current Steam reviews are an absolute shitshow, they need to do something about this. Every negative review is just a complaint about the game not running well on someone's rig, not a single word about the game itself.

Of course they are, most people are idiots. I know it sounds very anti-consumer but I really think they should just institute a 24 - 72 hour embargo on Steam user reviews. Let people cool their jets, refund it if they want, and take a little breather.

The day 1 user reviews almost never helpful and 9 times out of 10 are knee jerk reactions to a games performance or technical issues. I mean obviously people have the right to know about legitimate issues but so far this game has none. It runs proportionally well to what is going on visually and is stable and relatively bug free.

This game is just crushing in 4K. I envy you guys who can use 1440p and need less than 50% of the pixels rendered that I have to push. On my 4K TV, it's 1080p or 4K and I'm not going to play in 1080p.

I changed these settings:
Contact Hardening Shadows: Ultra -> On
Volumetric Lighting: Ultra -> On
Ambient Occlusion: Very High -> On
Screenspace Reflections: Ultra -> On

In-game benchmark:
Average: 30.6 fps
Minimum: 24.2 fps
Maximum: 37.0 fps

Lowering all this stuff only had an average 2 fps performance increase for me. Fuck it, I'll just go play the game. I'll get that "cinematic" 24 fps in extremely busy scenes, fuck yes! I definitely asked for this!

Does exclusive fullscreen boost performance alot?

Versus borderless full? In this game, I'm not sure, but in most games, yes.

This game is just crushing in 4K. I envy you guys who can use 1440p and need less than 50% of the pixels rendered that I have to push. On my 4K TV, it's 1080p or 4K and I'm not going to play in 1080p.

I very much agree with this sentiment. 4 times the pixels or not, turning everything to the lowest settings and still not getting even 30 on high end video cards is a bit frustrating. I've been playing my stuff at 1080p and 1440p. It's frankly disappointing, but you forget how good the 4k looked after a while.

Majine

Banned
i7 6700k
16 GB DDR4
GTX 1080

Will tweak some settings I guess because sub-30 FPS at 4K is too low for my taste.

letaros

First impressions : Just dont be scared of what you read. Port is fine. Running smoothly on preset High (i3, 8G, 970). I ll see how it goes to Prague and i will start increasing settings.

renzollo

Banned
Re mouse sensitivity, I'm using 1000/2000 DPI (x/y) with 0% in-game sensitivity on a g500 and both the acceleration and x/y ratio feel manageable. I'd guess it's a 2:1 ratio for x vs y, but I haven't done any actual distance tests because I'm lazy.

JustinBB7

First started and even the menu was laggy. Turned of msaa completely and mostly everything else on ultra and it runs perfectly on a 970, i7 4770k and 16GB memory. Surprised how good it runs actually judging by most other people. Though this was only during the first mission, just left my house so gonna see how it goes. Hopefully stays the same.

pj

Banned
Avg 63fps at 1440p, maxed everything, no msaa

Not sure what everyone's complaining about, looks great, runs fine.

5820k, Titan XP, 16gb ram

First impressions : Just dont be scared of what you read. Port is fine. Running smoothly on preset High (i3, 8G, 970). I ll see how it goes to Prague and i will start increasing settings.

That's poor advice because it isn't fine for many people, myself included.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Well,re installing did nothing. Game still runs like ass.

Low 20s to mid 40s.

Just did driver sweep, going to roll back drivers and see if that helps. 5.5 hours into this, still an unplayable game.

AJLma

1440p on a 4K screen with AA turned up looks damn near just a good as 4K. Not sure why people don't do this more often, 4K looks more detailed obviously at a distance, but the framerate hit really isn't worth it more often than not when it's a game like this with tons of IQ enhancing effects.

Has anybody else had a glitch in the first combat encounter where entering cover and ADSing instantly cancels? Like I press F and its like the keyboard is getting double inputs and instantly undoing what I do.

Wtf?

Piggus

Avg 63fps at 1440p, maxed everything, no msaa

Not sure what everyone's complaining about, looks great, runs fine.

5820k, Titan XP, 16gb ram

Looks great and runs fine on a $1200 video card. :p I mean, I should hope so.

I'll be able to try it out later. Hoping my lowly 1080 FTW is up for the challenge.

mandiller

Steam isn't downloading the last 2GB or so of the game. It sits at no network usage. Is that normal for others? Is the game decompressing and not downloading just yet or should I be restarting Steam a few times and changing download server?

rtcn63

Is the Prague crash people are referring to before
the bombing?
I made it through that part, although walking with the NPC there was repeated "lag", to the point where I was afraid it might crash. My GPU is only a 670 though.

Nzyme32

Has anybody else had a glitch in the first combat encounter where entering cover and ADSing instantly cancels? Like I press F and its like the keyboard is getting double inputs and instantly undoing what I do.

Wtf?

I did, but then I change the cover button mapping to a mouse button, and now it is fine. Also ran into issues with my 16:10 monitor, where the UI is the wrong aspect ratio for a few things in borderless mode, but wrong for everything in exclusive full screen. Ended up shifting to the lounge to stick with 16:9 rather than figure it out.

Also, fun bug, changing some settings that require a restart will break birds in the opening level. They flap around in a stationary position...

dr_rus

Could you post some nice screenshots?

This one from bit tech is quite good:
dxmd-11b.jpg

This shot is from a built-in benchmark btw which looks considerably better than whatever I saw in the game itself yet.

I can't see the difference?

I couldn't as well so I made the shots. With CHS being Ultra you're getting very wide shadow penumbra - which is probably the reason for a performance loss here as this is calculated on the fly via filtering / gaussian blurring of shadow map values depending on how far they are from the light source. I don't know about you but I can't say that Ultra looks better than Off there. Off gives you a more detailed shadows with twice the performance so... I'll think about turning them off - at least until Nixxes will make them work without loosing 50% of performance on a GTX1080.

Trace

Banned
Game looks fantastic, huge step up over Human Revolution. Getting 60+ on a 980ti/4670k with everything at ultra, MSAA off and contact shadows off.

Forgot the joy of just going around and hacking into everything and finding the fun stuff around Prague, so good.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Whelp. Rolled back the drivers and now the game crashes every time I try and load it up.

This is insanity.

amardilo

To get it around (mostly) 60fps at 1440p on the benchmark for me I had to set the following:
Fullscreen - On
Exclusive Fullscreen - On
MSAA - Off
VSync - Off
Texture Quality - High
Texture Filtering - 16x
Shadow Quality - High
Ambient Occlusion - Off
Contact Hardening Shadows - Off
Parallax Occlusion Mapping - Off
Level of Detail - High
Volumetic Lighting - Off
Screenspace Reflections - Off
Temporal Anti-Aliasing - On
Motion Blur - On
Sharpen - On
Bloom - On
Cloth Physics - Off
Chromatic Aberration - On
Tessellation - On

My specs are:
Intel Core i7 6700K (OCed to 4.6GHz)
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1070
Windows 10
SSD

ekim

Steam isn't downloading the last 2GB or so of the game. It sits at no network usage. Is that normal for others? Is the game decompressing and not downloading just yet or should I be restarting Steam a few times and changing download server?

Yes. It's unpacking the game and then it downloads a patch. You should see HDD activity in steam.

Top Bottom