• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

MG's comp needs to wait till 10 to fight, they're going to get outhealed by Auriel until then and don't have the burst they need yet.

bigkrev

That game was nuts, but it shows how good CoCo is that it took 3 Emrakuls and 3 Ishkanah to loose

MG's comp needs to wait till 10 to fight, they're going to get outhealed by Auriel until then and don't have the burst they need yet.

Word

ironmang

9-5-1 in the scg open. Was going to play bg delirium but didnt feel like paying 100 to complete the liliana playset so just borrowed bant company. Played it pretty poorly but the deck is so good it doesnt matter lol. Got top 64 and $100.

What is this?
CriXKvnXEAAKQC-.jpg

I meant direct damage black spell but I looked it up and there's a couple.

An odd bit of history for the player-drain version of these effects is that they used to deal damage originally, but with the damage prevention effects common in early Magic, it was changed to life loss to make it stronger. But then with planeswalkers, dealing damage became stronger (since you can redirect it to planeswalkers), so they switched back to that.

The versions that hit creatures always deal damage, though. I'm actually surprised there never seems to have been a power/toughness reducing version. (Besides Profane Command)

Direct comparisons for this card:
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

EDIT: And the finals are CoCo vs. CoCo.

An-Det

That seems pretty lame, not just giving auto-platinum to anyone who makes the top 4. That's a shitty kicker to whoever loses the finals.

This tournament was made for BBD. He's not the format master the other players are, but very few players have the cross-format success that he does. He's got GP top 8s in Limited, Standard, Modern and Legacy, and all relatively recently.

duxstar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215893639]world goddamn champs is a GW mirror and dux still finds a way to complain[/QUOTE]

lol this isn't G/W the way it was meant to be played damnit! Also hard to root for a known cheater

Ozigizo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215893996]Oh yeah? I don't know anything about the dude.[/QUOTE]

Seems he got kicked for trying to include a card behind another card in a sleeve, which was a perfect counter for his match-up.

I still can't believe cheaters aren't just banned for life.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Carvalho was the guy that had the secret Hornet Queen under his playmat.

kirblar

Tom Martell and Ben Stark were going at it with Carvalho on twitter last night. He's been caught cheating multiple times apparently.
I think I know what Martell's story is (if it's the one from Amsterdam) and it's crazy (in terms of the gumption you need to have to do it.)

xptoxyz

How the hell would you pull that off in a match? What slight of hand would allow you to pull out and conceal the top card?

Because ofc it wasn't inside another sleeve, that would really have to be hard to pull off I would guess, if not impossible in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. If you google it, seems like it was under a piece of paper or something.

He said he had forgotten it/made mistake, card had been exiled before, ofc that is impossible to prove. Everyone can make those sort of mistakes. I bet high level players such as him do make them much less often, but it's still possible to happen. He was DQ'ed from the event, received no ban.

Seems he got kicked for trying to include a card behind another card in a sleeve, which was a perfect counter for his match-up.

I still can't believe cheaters aren't just banned for life.

While I do believe that would be the appropriate time for a ban where there is no doubt of the presence of cheating, in the days when I played (and I couldn't play really often) I came across completely incompetent judge. And even if not and incompetent judge, mistakes will be made, so unless there is hard proof I'm not sure on lifetime bans.

Without equating the importance of both matters or making light of the more serious one, you can compare it to wrongfully convicted people in society, some might get released, long sentences and death penalties won't.

You might or might not know that in the rulebook things such as "lying" are under "cheating." I know bans under that article have been dished out in "he said, she said" situations, how does a neutral judge even do that? I'm sure there's something in the rulebook more apropriate, do something along the lines of DQ'ing both. Banning on "intuition" which is basically a coin flip that could hurt the honest player. Not saying this is a common issue, but it can happen.

The game is mostly self policed judges are there to resolve situations where players aren't able to police themselves or to resolve outcomes of admissions of errors, etc. by a player or sometimes both of them. Going around swinging banhammers without good proof seems like a bad idea.

bigkrev

God Standard is so complicated. I'm so thankful I never touch the format

Also, MY GOD THE DOUBLE COMMAND BLOWOUT

Hero

So Carvalho has a known history of cheating.

It absolutely baffles me how Wizards doesn't ban people for life for cheating.

xptoxyz

God Standard is so complicated. I'm so thankful I never touch the format

Also, MY GOD THE DOUBLE COMMAND BLOWOUT

What do you play? Standard was so dominant when I played, I guess Legacy was taking off to pretty big levels and then Modern was released, can't remember if it made much of a dent.

On it being complicated I guess that depends on the cycle?

bigkrev

What is the time on this game? If this was a timed round would this game alone have taken the entire match time

What do you play? Standard was so dominant when I played, I guess Legacy was taking off to pretty big levels and then Modern was released, can't remember if it made much of a dent.

On it being complicated I guess that depends on the cycle?

I play Modern and Draft. This specific standard is insanely complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom