• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FUCKING YES on those goddamn lands.

Blooming Marsh is gonna see a fucking ton of play.

Santiako

CreHlAgVYAAMuXm.jpg:large

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact [Rare]
If an artifact or creature entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.

More toys for EDH

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact [Rare]
If an artifact or creature entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.

More toys for EDH

Double Ulamog/Emrakul triggers in standard? Gross.

Edit: Wait does it work with them? I hope not.

Ozigizo

Please have instant speed burn.

Pleeease give us instant speed burn.

For the love of the burn players in all of us, please, Wizards.

For those new to land cycles

Looking at that chart, I really thought there were more dual cycles we were waiting on them to finish. With the fast duals done here it's really just the tangolands (which no one gives a shit about) and the SOI reveal lands (which people give even less of a shit about.) I guess now we should turn to bugging them for setting-neutral painlands and the Horizon Canopy cycle.

Yeef

Looking at that chart, I really thought there were more dual cycles we were waiting on them to finish. With the fast duals done here it's really just the tangolands (which no one gives a shit about) and the SOI reveal lands (which people give even less of a shit about.) I guess now we should turn to bugging them for setting-neutral painlands and the Horizon Canopy cycle.
I give a shit about the Tangolands! (Mainly just because they're solid cube cards).

The SOI lands are pretty awful though.

[EDIT] I've also always wanted to see the Nimbus Maze cycle completed, even though they're usually worse than the checklands.

I give a shit about the Tangolands! (Mainly just because they're solid cube cards).

The SOI lands are pretty awful though.
Showlands are the worst

People give a shit about cinder glade. It's possible others from the cycle could see play in decks running tons of basics eventually.

Crocodile

A) So this is the "PAX Invents the Card panel" going on right now?

B) I'm glad the enemy fast lands have more plane-agnostic names (and I'm also glad they now exist <3)

Tango Lands could have been great(and would have stopped 4 color degeneracy in Standard) if they're ETBt clause was "Unless you control 2 or fewer Land types". Making a cycle that's fetchable but actively discourages 3+ color decks would be an interesting cycle(In standard at least, it would probably need refinement for modern.)

HandLands suck because they're the only cycle in recent years(Besides Fast Lands, but those are so good on the first few turns) that both get worse as the game goes on and require another card to function. Even the Buddies/Tangos, which required other cards, at least got better as the game went on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As a general principle, I tend to think Shocklands are the strongest duals you will actually get in Standard. I miss them a lot.

Matriox

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact [Rare]

More toys for EDH

Not positive if it's viable in standard but it seems gross with reflector mage, goblin dark dwellers, and ishkanah...

Gives drowner of hope an infinite token combo with Displacer too.

Speaking of Modern, think I'm gonna take this to an online tournament tomorrow morning. My first real update to the decklist in like a year:

kjhlkj81q2s.png

Assuming I wake up in time, that is. I always miss these Sunday weeklies on Cockatrice.

People give a shit about cinder glade. It's possible others from the cycle could see play in decks running tons of basics eventually.

Okay, let me rephrase: would anyone be a) actively excited to see that these were the dual lands for the upcoming standard season or b) be begging for them to exist so they could be run in Modern?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Oh man. Been waiting for this for soooooo long. Guess I will finally commit to modern Abzan instead of Jund.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Okay, let me rephrase: would anyone be a) actively excited to see that these were the dual lands for the upcoming standard season or b) be begging for them to exist so they could be run in Modern?

You forget that EDH is a thing. I could for sure use more enemy colored fetchable dual lands.

EDIT: yipes, two posts in a row. Manabases just get me worked up I guess.

Oh man. Been waiting for this for soooooo long. Guess I will finally commit to modern Abzan instead of Jund.

I thought the whole point of playing the GBx decks was that it's a comparatively low investment to swap between them depending on whether you think Lightning Bolt is more important than Lingering Souls.

No, I just play EDH decks with shitty manabases. XD

My solution was to play Kozilek.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215846236]I thought the whole point of playing the GBx decks was that it's a comparatively low investment to swap between them depending on whether you think Lightning Bolt is more important than Lingering Souls.

My solution was to play Kozilek.[/QUOTE]

More like Bolt/Terminate vs Path/Souls + every great sideboard hate card in Modern.

Any matches worth watching from worlds?

More like Bolt/Terminate vs Path/Souls + every great sideboard hate card in Modern.

Any matches worth watching from worlds?

There was LSV in Modern being knocked down to 1 life while his opponent was at 20, and then winning.

By the way, Gonti says you can spend mana as though it were mana of any type, which means you can spend it as colorless mana. (Or snow mana)
gontilordofluxury.jpg

Angry Grimace

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact [Rare]

More toys for EDH
Play Thought-Knot with it out and then flicker it with Displacer on their draw step.

bigkrev

Happy for Enemy Fastlands- I think the Painlands are 10% too powerful in a format where colorless mana matters, and I always enjoy non-damage drawbacks on dual lands designed for aggressive decks.

Die Young has done more to sell me on Energy as a mechanic than all the rares and mythics with the ability have so far.

636085173181232013.jpg

Given that it's a common, I can't imagine it'll get much crazier than this. It already seems good for Limited. Whatever's being covered up is probably either giving energy, an energy kicker effect (like "You may pay E. If you do, that creature gets +5/+5 instead"), or a doozy of flavor text.

Ozigizo

636085173181232013.jpg

Given that it's a common, I can't imagine it'll get much crazier than this. It already seems good for Limited. Whatever's being covered up is probably either giving energy, an energy kicker effect (like "You may pay E. If you do, that creature gets +5/+5 instead"), or a doozy of flavor text.

At sorcery speed, I'm betting it's a "must be blocked" effect.

Supast4r

Tango lands help Valakut in modern. If we get a boros/izzet colored tango land, there would be more valakut builds. Otherwise no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom