• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xptoxyz

What is the time on this game? If this was a timed round would this game alone have taken the entire match time

I play Modern and Draft. This specific standard is insanely complicated

Okay, yeah I believe that, having been following a lot to tbh. Seems there's a lot of interactions happening for decks that really aren't control. Being mirrors, just seems to have come a game of a slow slugfest fight between creatures without either player getting hit in the face.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215897587]This game is great.

Then again, I have a habit of drawing my way of tournaments so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

Those graveyard sizes! haha

bigkrev

Man, choosing to activate Dustwatch Recruiter instead of cracking a clue when he had Dromoka's Command on top of the Library is going to eat at BBD the rest of his life if he looses this match

Crocodile

"I have errands to run but I'm going to finish watching the finals before I go out"

*Game 3 takes an hour*

FML

Game was crazy swingy though.

Santiako

I didn't see this one posted:

BGQXnm6.jpg

Could be strong in limited.

They need to update their Dromoka's Command infographic from "can trade two-for-one under the right circumstances" to "can trade ???-for-one if the board state is an unholy mess".

bigkrev

Twitch chat said they were cheating with hand signals.

What the fuck are they thinking giving in to that shit?

Typical Wizards. Make GIANT strides- seriously, the coverage has been on point, the spoilers great- but always find a way to eat shit on the dismount. They were SO CLOSE to perfect weekend!

Though not as much of an oxymoron, I personally like the fact that Emrakul the Promised End seems to have a metric ton of trouble actually ending games in the current meta.

Twitch chat said they were cheating with hand signals.

What the fuck are they thinking giving in to that shit?

I mean, they were concerned about the players hearing the commentators to begin with. Its hard to make games with hidden information work on a large stage, you just have to look at starcraft games getting effected by audience reactions to know that.

Matriox

Wow. Fun games to watch.. Wasn't it less than a year ago bbd was let go of scg because he wasn't putting up results?

Edit: posted before seeing others posts, seems that was the case. Good for him!

Oh, it looks like there's going to be extra stuff that's not listed on the schedule today, before the awards ceremony. EDIT: Or after, rather.

BBD deserves this a thousand times over.

Getting off the SCG train was probably a really good thing for him; i.e., spending less time with B+ talent and more time with A+ talent.

An-Det

BBD deserves this a thousand times over.

Getting off the SCG train was probably a really good thing for him; i.e., spending less time with B+ talent and more time with A+ talent.

Yup, between getting in with the actual pros and using the boot from SCG as an inspiration to try even harder, it's definitely been a positive for him overall.

Crocodile

Congrats to BBD!

He's worked on a card game already, no?

He's currently working on Eternal (a digital TCG) by Direwolf Digital

I dunnoo why he would/or have to announce he is retiring from playing pro Magic (which seems to be the top speculation). He could just stop showing up. It's not like everybody doesn't know he's busy and just had a kid.

El Topo

He's currently working on Eternal (a digital TCG) by Direwolf Digital

That game that is absolutely totally nothing like Hearthstone, right?

He's Platinum though. Him doing coverage FT would mean they're giving him a lot of money.

On the other hand, given how unsure/unreliable they seem to be regarding their pro scene, he could simply try to be ahead of the curve. We all remember how they previously announced the changes regarding the reward system, only to backtrack (for now) after the outrage. That was probably a wakeup call for some.

El Topo

LSV announces he's joining the coverage time as a full-time member (for a year). That's a fantastic get for WotC and those of us that watch the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom