• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

I'd agree, but I really hope they start allowing the Gatewatch to branch out into different dual colors for different stories
They might eventually, but I'd guess that they'd do it as a big event. I could see them going clockwise around though (RG Chandra, UB Jace, etc.). I think that fits a bit more than going the other way, given the characters. The one standout is Gideon, who I think feels closer to GW than WU.

If they do something like that, I think it's a long ways off. I'd guess that more, multicolored walkers join the Gatewatch before we get multicolored versions of the central 5.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No no no guys

see, we have a mono-red Chandra in standard now but we need a different mono-red Chandra because

duxstar

Like are there enough absolute newbs that this type of panel is needed, wouldnt some of the pro players be better at going over deck building and offering you know not obvious advice ?

duxstar

Hmmm i just thought that this would be a good panel for deck building outside the norm. For example EDH mana bases, what is a card like Sol ring or Explosive vegetation worth in a 100 card deck. Or how do you figure out cube mana bases with moxes/ a black lotus

Like are there enough absolute newbs that this type of panel is needed, wouldnt some of the pro players be better at going over deck building and offering you know not obvious advice ?

Remember, this panel is at PAX, not a Magic convention. This is probably aimed at general audiences.

Mark's showing a home video made by his daughter. There are a lot of puns.

EDIT: They briefly explored having boats in Theros, but Mark said to hold off until an artifact set.

EDIT: They tested energy with instead putting charge counters on artifacts and you can take counters from any artifact you control, but that was much harder to track than the current version. Mark says energy will be easy to understand once you start playing. Erik(?) says in contrast to mana, where you want to use up as much as possible in one turn, you will use energy differently.

EDIT: There are fans of fungus tribal in R&D, but they need the right world for it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I personally find it really funny that they made Gideon Jura as a perpetually shirtless hunk canon.

EDIT: There are fans of fungus tribal in R&D, but they need the right world for it.

picture-41.png

king_film_5.png

bob-ombscreen1.png

Firemind

Planeswalkers I want dead:
Sorin Markov
Chandra Nalaar
Gideon Jura
Nissa Revane
Liliana Vess
Ugin
Sarkhan Christ
Ral Zarek
Nahiri
Kiora

Pachimari

Is it hard to get into Magic Duels if I have never played the card game before? I found some decade old Magic the Gathering cards and I'm loving the art and descriptions, and I'm loving card games like Hearthstone and Pokemon TCG Online, so I thought this might be along the same road.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Not as good as Jace's cloak collection though.

I don't know that I agree. I kind of dislike this sort of lampshading, as it allows them to sort of handwave away any criticism of their trite writing and shallow characters. I'd much rather they tried to add more to the characters than point out what is kind of dumb about them in the first place.

Is it hard to get into Magic Duels if I have never played the card game before? I found some decade old Magic the Gathering cards and I'm loving the art and descriptions, and I'm loving card games like Hearthstone and Pokemon TCG Online, so I thought this might be along the same road.

If you've been playing Hearthstone, then the app itself will be a downgrade, but it's a good way to learn Magic.

EDIT: New card, Armorcraft Judge, 3G, creature, draw a card for each creature with a +1/+1 counter.

EDIT: Fortuitous Bind - 2B, sorcery, choose one or both, return artifact or creature from graveyard to hand

Duels is designed to teach you the game. Give it a shot, it'll ease you in just fine.

I don't know that I agree. I kind of dislike this sort of lampshading, as it allows them to sort of handwave away any criticism of their trite writing and shallow characters. I'd much rather they tried to add more to the characters than point out what is kind of dumb about them in the first place.

People complain about stupid, irrelevant stuff way more than they apply actual literary analysis, tho. The creative team are used to people saying seriously, deeply wrong things like "the old planeswalkers had good characterization" so it's gonna take more than being what people bitch about on reddit to move the needle there.

Isn't fungi like super common in nature? why does it have to be a special world? lol

a) Fungus tribal in magic terms would need to be super heavy on 1/1 tokens or +1/+1 counters or both so it'd need to be a set with the space, and

b) There's fungus everywhere but only so many places where the idea of fungus expanding to be THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM really scan. You're probably either looking at some kind of jungle world or underground cave world.

Firemind

jace only requires islands

blue sarkhan is triple colours, two of which are one of my least favourite colour combos

basically jace is a team player, sarkhan has become someone who only pleasures himself

Angry Grimace

The concept of pre-cons with new cards being played is fine, they just need to cover it normally and get rid of this cringey comedy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom