• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

Sophia

You two are lucky I'm in a good mood. Please make sure to check the time before you hit submit reply next time tho. :D

Final Vote count for Day 5:

sawneeks (0)
el topo 1329 (1530)
karkador 1330 (1471)
nin1000 1436 (1439)
karkador 1557 (1593)

oceanicair (2)
stanleypalmtree 1384
nin1000 1385 (1417)
cornburrito 1403

cornburrito (1)
oceanicair 1415

kyanrute (0)
sawneeks 1418 (1496)

karkador (0)
nin1000 1439 (1543)
sawneeks 1551 (1575)

el topo (5)
kyanrute 1452
sawneeks 1500 (1551)
christina mackenzie 1531
nin1000 1543 (1547)
sawneeks 1575
nin1000 1587
salvapot 1594

nin1000 (3)
el topo 1530
salvapot 1554 (1594)
starsketch 1585
karkador 1593

starsketch (0)
karkador 1542 (1557)
starsketch 1545 (1585)
nin1000 1547 (1587)

Sophia

The onscreen intermission entertainment, The Price of Bear, ended as the bidding phase began again. People began slowly returning to their seats. With Melonrabbit mysteriously not returning to her seat after the intermission had ended...

"Actual retail price is... $7833!" shouted Drew, as the contestant won his vacation and celebrated up on stage.

However, as the contestants looked around, they realized... Melonrabbit's own seat wasn't just empty.

El Topo's seat had also been mysteriously emptied as well.

And there were bear claw marks on both their seats...

Perhaps, The Price of Bear was more than just mere entertainment...?

Either way, El Topo was now gone. Never to return to the Bob Barker Studio...

El Topo, the ordinary townie, has been mysteriously removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

El Topo come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

El Topo had no items in his possession.

Night 5 will end in:

gre_1473109200.png

"Lets get another prize George!" shouted Drew. He had a smile on his face, but the truth was he was worried about how increasingly smaller the audience was becoming...

"You've got it Drew." said George Grey, oblivious to Drew's concerns at the moment.

"Next up, it's a pair of surfboards!

Cruise around on the ocean waves with these pair of surfboards from Liquid Shredder!"

Sophia

As a reminder to players, we are moving to 24 hour nights and 48 hour day phases now. Please submit your bids as soon as possible.

Sophia

"Actual retail price... $398!" shouted Drew, as the crowd triumphantly roared.

The winner came up to the front row and claimed their surfboards, as the contestants looked around. Back in the back row seat, they thought they heard someone say "Did someone order more episodes of The Price is Bear?" to which everyone immediately thought "NOPE"

After all, who wants to eaten by a bear again? If those claw marks are any indication...

However, as the prize game began, they noticed that one of their own was now missing again.

StarSketch was no longer in her seat.

And in her seat, there was a broken smartphone. It had been snapped into two pieces. It was now completely unusable and beyond repair. Someone would have had to have applied a decent amount of strength to that cellphone to get it into that state.

"That's weird.", whispered one of the contestant's, "She was here a minute ago..."

Up on stage, a game of Rat Race had begun, with everyone else none the wiser to the disappearance.

StarSketch, the town Weak Cop, has been mysteriously removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

StarSketch come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

StarSketch had the following items in her possession

Congratulations, you have won a smartphone with a year of service included! This item confers upon you the power of a Weak Alignment Cop.

Once per night phase, you may investigate the alignment of another player by submitting the command Police: <player> to the moderator in PM. But beware, if you investigate the alignment of a player opposite of your own, then the police will become suspect of you and remove you from the game.

Day 6 begins

Majority is 5.

Day ends in:

blu_1473282000.png

RIP Sketch. The best Cop we ever had. ;___;7

Well this just got fun.

I don't think it's indicative of anything substantial honestly, As I said before, she was marked for death after she claimed. It's certainly possible that he scum though, I just wouldn't choose that as a reason.

I do wonder though,

I don't think it's indicative of anything substantial honestly, As I said before, she was marked for death after she claimed. It's certainly possible that he scum though, I just wouldn't choose that as a reason.

I do wonder though, whether the cop check resolves first or not. Fun to think about but meaningless

editing to add

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm definitely concerned about the voters of Magnum (specifically topo), mainly because they if they thought that he was the only person keeping me alive as a role cop, then why lynch him? You would be essentially be removing the role cop from the game because neutrals are scary.
buuuut

This is from Day 4 and yet you stayed out of the Topo/Nin vote completely yesterday.

You even ended with your vote on Cornbro who you thought was acting weird but you never even pushed for his lynch either.

Why.

Sawneeks

Banned
My top scum right now are Kark, OA, and Nin. Kyan you've mentioned but we don't have the same mason chat experience that you do.

It isn't even really the Mason chat, I just keep seeing a bunch of little threads connecting all 3 of them together.

Like when Kark made his Kalor list the other Day he pointed out OA's post ( that I partially quoted above ) yet didn't really do much about it? OA even had 2 votes on him, yet he decides to want Star dead because of Salva.

This one is more Mason chat, but Kyan has expressed confusion or some 'unsure' feelings on both Kark and OA but has never really questioned them or followed up on them.

Kark not commenting on my Kyan vote despite one of his main points being 'you never even voted for your mason partner' and then just ignores giving a read on him at all.

little things like that

Why Nin, though?

Karkador

Banned
It isn't even really the Mason chat, I just keep seeing a bunch of little threads connecting all 3 of them together.

Like when Kark made his Kalor list the other Day he pointed out OA's post ( that I partially quoted above ) yet didn't really do much about it? OA even had 2 votes on him, yet he decides to want Star dead because of Salva.

This one is more Mason chat, but Kyan has expressed confusion or some 'unsure' feelings on both Kark and OA but has never really questioned them or followed up on them.

Kark not commenting on my Kyan vote despite one of his main points being 'you never even voted for your mason partner' and then just ignores giving a read on him at all.

little things like that

Why Nin, though?

So let me get this straight: you're thinking of voting me out and losing this game because you're making inferences with evidence that doesn't exist. It's not about looking at things people did do, it's letting your imagination run wild about things that did not happen.

If this is what you're going to run with for the next 48 hours, save us all the trouble and just turbo me now, and let's finish this train wreck.

This is from Day 4 and yet you stayed out of the Topo/Nin vote completely yesterday.

You even ended with your vote on Cornbro who you thought was acting weird but you never even pushed for his lynch either.

Why.
That was D4, I voted for Corn on D5 on new info.

I found Corn's insistence on such an irrelevant statement far more worrying. Besides I never even pushed for a Topo lynch either as I didn't even vote for him. In pretty much all of the games I play I hardly ever change my vote, because I find it totally devalues the vote. Corn was worthy of mine yesterday and in all likelyhood will be worthy of it today.

Also I certainly was not gonna throw a vote for nin at the end in case people thought I was trying to tie and wasn't gonna throw an irrelevant vote at the end of the day just to say I voted for him.

And again, after Kark and Splinter's fight the day before Splinter died, I'd really rather not believe the Kark is a scum teammate.

Sawneeks

Banned
So let me get this straight: you're thinking of voting me out and losing this game because you're making inferences with evidence that doesn't exist. It's not about looking at things people did do, it's letting your imagination run wild about things that did not happen.

Evidence that doesn't exist? Kark, please.

oceanicair (2)
stanleypalmtree 1384
nin1000 1385 (1417)
cornburrito 1403

RIP Kalor

Here's everybody who voted for Kalor, and the post they made while doing so:

Votes Kalor on a hunch over some number/balance speculation

The classic Sawneeks misdirection of Left Hand voting for someone the Right Hand isn't even talking about

THEN WHY DID YOU VOTE

To be fair, nin retracted this vote after Kalor responded to him, but this still got the steam train rolling

Alright, go ahead and look at his analysis.

What does it ultimately boil down to?

That's the "analysis" Salva keeps pointing back to. Give me a break.

Other interesting things from that same post:

In other words, no reason

You asked why you should vote Kalor, and ran with SalvaPot's awful response.

Ok.

It's a disgrace.

The only person you don't try and throw under a bus is OA who 'voted for numbers/balance' speculation and he got off pretty light here. Nin did as well, but you still manage some #shade with him getting the train rolling.

Not to mention your circular logic for 'lets vote Star' because Salva is Scummy and they agree together instead of targeting the source first, aka Salva.

AND you never did give me anything for Kyan, you just outright ignored it and moved on. Or you gave a snide remark and then moved on if you want specifics. :x

If this is what you're going to run with for the next 48 hours, save us all the trouble and just turbo me now, and let's finish this train wreck.

That's my shtick, thankyouverymuch

Sawneeks

Banned
If I did my math correctly, we have 9 people left in the game with presumably 3 Scum still in play.

Splinter + 3

Meaning we are split at 6 - 3 currently

We lynch Town today it becomes 5 - 3

After a NK, 4 - 3

Meaning tomorrow is LyLo

We only catch Scum if we talk. I want Top 3 Scum from everyone, ideas, reads, anything. We can't keep pushing everything until right before the Day end if we expect to win.

"no Kark you're wrong" is not a defense, and neither is playing the victim.

You have made no adequate explanation for why you're doing scummy things. Everything you've tried to support your defense with is some Schrodinger's Cat evidence that we can't determine if true or not, because it's in a secret chat, or in your mind.

Despite what you say about Kyan, there's no tangible evidence in this game thread that you suspect your own unreliable partner. No votes against Kyan. No expression that maybe we should suspect Kyan, and scrutinize his posts.

It's the same thing you did with Splinter. You've deliberately argued your way AROUND ever really throwing Splinter under a bus. Even mentioning him was really just an attempt to swerve the conversation onto other people.

When it comes to trying to direct the witch hunt at Blarg, Dusk, and Magnum, you have no problem releasing the hounds on that. But suspect your own unreliable Mason partner? Maybe he has a gun to your head, because you wont do it.

You are a mafia player.

hmmmmm.

No tangible evidence I suspect Kyan, I vote for him yesterday and you say nothing and then continue to refuse saying anything at all.

Almost like arguing your way around a bus, huh.

Out of the living players:
Kark
Sawneeks
Salva
are all people I'm not going after and unless 2 scum die I'm not even going to consider a godfather.

Stanley
I'm mostly sure is town

Leaving:
Corn
CM (7 posts in the last day phase and they were as vanilla as they come so they can move up the list)
Kyan
Nin

So I'm open either of those 4.

Karkador

Banned
Evidence that doesn't exist? Kark, please.

lol, then you proceed to name something where I didn't do "as much" in shaming one player over another.

Didn't do being the keyword. Exactly how are you trying to make a point about something that didn't happen? That's not evidence. That doesn't make any logical sense.

Yesterday you were dismissing that entire list; today you're griefing me that I didn't do enough scolding of one player, therefore that negative space must mean I'm vouching for OA.

Nevermind your selective memory failing to remember that I drew a fat, Jeopardy-themed circle around the fact that OA claimed a Cop role and yet wasn't NKed (and still has yet to be NKed!).

Give me a break. You're cleared with Sketch's flip, yet you're still arguing with a Town player.

Not to mention your circular logic for 'lets vote Star' because Salva is Scummy and they agree together instead of targeting the source first, aka Salva.

I don't even know what this means

AND you never did give me anything for Kyan, you just outright ignored it and moved on. Or you gave a snide remark and then moved on if you want specifics. :x

This game has been allergic to consensus, and it requires arguing multiple points at the same time. I don't have time for that, I'm sorry.

What could I even say about Kyan when you were unwilling to even entertain the notion of suspecting him for a few days? He's ALWAYS been a suspect, but I'm pretty tired of researching the backlog of posts for things to go nowhere, and for the same handful of others (including you and Kyan) to vote out some random innocent bystander at the end of the day.

Seriously, if you want to turbo me out, I will help you with a vote. We're not turning this ship around in 2 days if this is what you're starting with.

nin1000

Banned
Sad to see SS dead but at least we know for sure that Salva and Sawneeks are Town.
Even with kark trying his best to argue with her its not going to change the fact that she is indeed town.

Kark Trying to vote me out yesterday and now trying to show shade at me. Not cool but understandable.

For your information i wont be lynched today since i am town.

Sawneeks

Banned
lol, then you proceed to name something where I didn't do "as much" in shaming one player over another.

Didn't do being the keyword. Exactly how are you trying to make a point about something that didn't happen? That's not evidence. That doesn't make any logical sense.

Yesterday you were dismissing that entire list; today you're griefing me that I didn't do enough scolding of one player, therefore that negative space must mean I'm vouching for OA.

Nevermind your selective memory failing to remember that I drew a fat, Jeopardy-themed circle around the fact that OA claimed a Cop role and yet wasn't NKed (and still has yet to be NKed!).

Give me a break. You're cleared with Sketch's flip, yet you're still arguing with a Town player.

I don't even know what this means

This game has been allergic to consensus, and it requires arguing multiple points at the same time. I don't have time for that, I'm sorry.

What could I even say about Kyan when you were unwilling to even entertain the notion of suspecting him for a few days? He's ALWAYS been a suspect, but I'm pretty tired of researching the backlog of posts for things to go nowhere, and for the same handful of others (including you and Kyan) to vote out some random innocent bystander at the end of the day.

Seriously, if you want to turbo me out, I will help you with a vote. We're not turning this ship around in 2 days if this is what you're starting with.

Kark you're making a stink because I point out something you 'didn't do' when one of you points you threw against me was something I didn't do, which was to vote for Kyan. You're being a little hypocritical here. :x

With the Star lynch, you made it a point when I questioned you that Star agreeing with Salva with an 'ok' is a Scum Tell. You even made a stink that Salva's whole reads post was bad because of how he read Splinter, yet this means to lynch Star > Salva?? Maybe we are just two Townies screaming at each other but that logic doesn't make sense to me.

Kark if you're only willing to vote for someone in your list why not Salva? That quote you posted of his ( the full one, not the cut down one ) is the scummiest thing I have ever seen.

He reads Splinter as Neutral whose goal is to 'destroy everything and that's why he is being anti-town'.

Basically calling him Mafia without saying he is Mafia.

So why are you on Star's case and not that?

Because Sketch is vouching for him

I was never against the notion of suspecting Kyan nor was I against having a discussion with you yesterday yet you keep shutting it down by putting words in my mouth. I'm still open to having these discussions with you Kark but it's a two-way street and if you're not willing to talk then I can't help you.

Sawneeks

Banned
Kark, if Nin is Scum then who are his teammates?

Sad to see SS dead but at least we know for sure that Salva and Sawneeks are Town.
Even with kark trying his best to argue with her its not going to change the fact that she is indeed town.

Kark Trying to vote me out yesterday and now trying to show shade at me. Not cool but understandable.

For your information i wont be lynched today since i am town.

Never change, Nin.

Can I have your Top 3 Scum, please.

Karkador

Banned
Kark you're making a stink because I point out something you 'didn't do' when one of you points you threw against me was something I didn't do, which was to vote for Kyan. You're being a little hypocritical here. :x

That isn't the same thing at all. You DID do something - you defended Kyan as Town, despite every piece of information about the game telling us that wouldn't make sense for you to do.

Did Sketch give us the wrong result? Why are you trying to make me argue with you?

With the Star lynch, you made it a point when I questioned you that Star agreeing with Salva with an 'ok' is a Scum Tell. You even made a stink that Salva's whole reads post was bad because of how he read Splinter, yet this means to lynch Star > Salva?? Maybe we are just two Townies screaming at each other but that logic doesn't make sense to me.

It somebody vouches for you, it makes more sense to lynch the person vouching. It's more information from one lynch.

I was never against the notion of suspecting Kyan nor was I against having a discussion with you yesterday yet you keep shutting it down by putting words in my mouth. I'm still open to having these discussions with you Kark but it's a two-way street and if you're not willing to talk then I can't help you.

Go ahead and make the case, then. I've never shut it down the way you have by insisting he's Town and you trust him. The burden is on you.

Sawneeks

Banned
Stan:

Day 1: No vote

Day 2: Dusk Soldier
A gut read and a few reads on some other people and general goings-on in the thread.

Day 3: Sawneeks
Another gut vote.
Also had a vote on Nin and a subsequent Unvote. Prod vote.

Day 4: Sawneeks Part 1 and 2
Another 'tenous' gut read vote despite not really being sure earlier.

Day 5: OceanicAir
First vote with some solid reasoning put behind it and some slight backtracking on the Sawneeks vote.

CM:

Day 1: No vote
I believe later they explained why no vote and lamented the fact that 'if I knew so many people wouldn't put down a vote I would have had one'

Day 2: Dusk Soldier
Believes Dusk is recycling info and is lying about voting and the Xbox. Did you ever explain what you meant exactly by 'recycling info'?

Day 3: SalvaPot Part 1 and 2
Feels Salva is a better pick than the safe Neutral lynch option. Also some very safe reads and opinions on events that read more like a summary of events than anything.

Day 4: Kalor
A Kalor vote with no explanation attached to it other than a lack of confidence.

Day 5: El Topo
Yet another vote with no explanation attached.

Nin:

Day 1: Dragonz
Last minute vote with zero explanation attached. Literally right before the Day ended.

Day 2: No Vote

Day 3: No Vote
Did have a vote on Dragonz/Salva but backed out later. Weird reasoning for both the Vote and Unvote

Day 4: OceanicAir
A vote not for a Scum read but for an information lynch?
Also had a vote on Kalor for not responding to a question which Kalor answered here. Nin then subsequently unvotes for his question being answered.

Day 5: El Topo
No reason given other than to save himself.
Nin DID jump around a lot the last Day phase though. Start here on Oceanic for no reason given. Then mysteriously Unvotes here. Then votes Sawneeks due to this post here only to switch to Karkador very shortly afterwards here. Suddenly jumps over to Topo claiming he wants to end it. Backs down when Kark tells him it's a bad train and then flips back onto StarSketch because he wants that resolved. Finally ends on the El Topo vote above as his final vote.

Thoughts:
Stan has a ton of gut reads and hasn't really given much else as reasons behind his votes other than OA. He at least votes who he feels is Scum.
CM is feeling like they are playing safe and picking the easy options early on while those last 2 votes are incredibly odd and don't look good just sitting there.
Nin never tried to vote out who he thought was Scum until a backtracking comment about Dragonz who he later reversed his position on. OA was an info lynch candidate, he dropped his votes on people for little to no reasons, and Topo was only to save himself.

So out of the people who have been lynched:
D1
blargonaut (6)

sawneeks cop check as town
dusk soldier town
wherearemahdragonz cop check as town
kawl_usc town
starsketch town
kalor town

D2
dusk soldier (7)

starsketch town
karkador unknown
kyanrute unknown
stanleypalmtree unknown
ynnek7 town
christina mackenzie unknown
cornburrito unknown

D3
magnumboy20xx (6) neutral

kyanrute unknown
el topo town
ynnek7 town
magnumboy20xx neutral lol
starsketch 1079 town

D4
kalor (6)

oceanicair
salvapot cop check as town
kyanrute unknown
starsketch town

D5
el topo (5)

kyanrute unknown
nin1000 unknown
salvapot cop check as town

D1 is fun due to the fact that the voters are either cop checked or confirmed town.

The D2 lynch intrigues me mostly due to the fact that most of the people responsible are still alive and unknown

D3 has the lynch of the neutral which has kyan as the only unknown voting him

D4
Mix of unknowns, cop checked town and a confirmed town.

D5
Most recent lynch so unsurprisingly most people are unknown. Has 3 of the 4 of my most suspicious people though.

One thing that really stands out to me despite CM being incredibly uninvolved with the game they have been either not voted or been on the lynch train most votes. Then again Sawneeks has also been on 4 of the 5 lynch trains but you also have to take into account that she does have a cop clearance.
-------------------------------
On an unrelated tangent, looking through his posts, another reason Corn bothers me besides his lousy argument is that his overall level of discourse has fallen ever since Splinter's death. Barely engages me and hardly is even interested in going after anybody else. There's this too when he also voted me the day before.
I don't really have much else to go on besides his question to SSketch. And I find his reasoning for it very unconvincing.

Also, Sawneeks is my change in not voting for Topo/nin why you went from this
I hear Scum is even wetting their pants at the mere thought of Masons.

and do you have anything else against OA? Because so far I remain unconvinced but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
along with a great deal of other defending to this?
Kark - OA - Kyan

The Unholy Trilogy of Scum?

QUOTE]

Sawneeks

Banned
No, although it did negatively effect how I viewed your alignment. This isn't the first time you kept your vote on someone who wasn't even in the running for being lynched and it feels very odd. I know you explained why but keeping a vote on someone instead of trying to actively help in the final vote of the Day is strange to me. It's like you don't care who gets lynched in the end. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
Some thoughts.

-While Salva has been cleared by Sketch I still don't feel great about him. This reads list in particular leaves me with terrible scum vibes. The weirdest read on Splinter, safe reads on all Townies, and 2 of his Scum reads ( which are weird in general ) flipped Town. However I agree with OA that we should find the other 2 Scum members first before even considering a Godfather.

-I still want everyone's Top 3 Scum. At this point in the game nearly everyone has some sort of connection to another person and I want to see who everyone thinks are the Final 3.

-I think my playstyle and Kark's playstyle just clash too much. OA brought up a good point that Kark and Splinter's argument before Splinter got killed doesn't make sense if they are on the same team. Unless it was a part of the plan, in which case well played.

-Where is everyone? It's so quiet. ;__;

Karkador

Banned
-I think my playstyle and Kark's playstyle just clash too much. OA brought up a good point that Kark and Splinter's argument before Splinter got killed doesn't make sense if they are on the same team. Unless it was a part of the plan, in which case well played.

My argument with Splinter was a regrettable argument to have, and I misbehaved with my outburst, too. That wasn't part of the game. I would prefer if that whole thing was just deleted. I have not wanted to bring it up, because I felt it was unfair to have it color me good ("Mafia wouldn't argue like that") or bad ("That was totally staged, they're mafia").

So don't read any of that as game-relevant, and sorry to everyone for having to see that (this is kind of late for this, I know).

So scum chose to kill StarSketch after all. I guess that settles the alignment of Sawneeks and SalvaPot.

Yeah so I'm a passive player if that's what you call it, it's just not my style to get up in other player's faces and confront them. I suppose that's why it feels like I've been absent, that and not being around during the deadline but I do read the thread. I did post my reasonings for my votes earlier in the day, I'll go and find them for you.

My vote record isn't looking good but neither did Kalor's (voted for Blarg and SalvaPot twice in a row before Splinter's flip) or StarSketch's.

I think it's worth going over the previous day to see how the godfather idea came to be.

Sawneeks

Banned
So scum chose to kill StarSketch after all. I guess that settles the alignment of Sawneeks and SalvaPot.

Yeah so I'm a passive player if that's what you call it, it's just not my style to get up in other player's faces and confront them. I suppose that's why it feels like I've been absent, that and not being around during the deadline but I do read the thread. I did post my reasonings for my votes earlier in the day, I'll go and find them for you.

My vote record isn't looking good but neither did Kalor's (voted for Blarg and SalvaPot twice in a row before Splinter's flip) or StarSketch's.

I think it's worth going over the previous day to see how the godfather idea came to be.

I would definitely appreciate if you could find your vote explanations. I just went through the vote tool to find the posts themselves, didn't really dig around for much else.

Who do you want to lynch today?

Pretty sure the Godfather started here:

Are there usually both a role cop and an alignment cop in a game? I thought it was either one or the other.

Responses are in order btw

It's not unthinkable

I don't see why both wouldn't be able to be used.

they both do very specific things, and they don't exactly leak into one another's territory too badly.

edit: regarding the two types of cops being in the game, couldn't it be possible that there could be a Godfather?

I think Role Cops are typically put in to balance out a Godfather since they are immune to alignment cops. Although it seems like the Role Cop reads Items ( since I showed up as Mason as opposed to Ordinary) so it sort of doubles as an Item Cop which is a role that would fit this games theme.

It was only really brought up when Star came forward and cleared Salva and myself.

My argument with Splinter was a regrettable argument to have, and I misbehaved with my outburst, too. That wasn't part of the game. I would prefer if that whole thing was just deleted. I have not wanted to bring it up, because I felt it was unfair to have it color me good ("Mafia wouldn't argue like that") or bad ("That was totally staged, they're mafia").

So don't read any of that as game-relevant, and sorry to everyone for having to see that (this is kind of late for this, I know).

I can respect that.

Sawneeks

Banned
I guess the only real issue with a Godfather is that our Alignment Cop was a Weak Cop and died after investigating someone of a different alignment than their own. So it's not like the whole Scum Team could be nailed by just one Cop. Not to mention that powers are semi-random so a Scum Godfather might have not even been necessary if Scum won the Cell phone in the first place.

Sawneeks

Banned

What made you switch your stance on Kalor? In the quotes you provide it says you think he is Town, although Splinter ignoring him is rather odd but it wasn't enough to make him Scum in your eyes. When you voted for Kalor you mentioned not feeling confident about 'all this', do you not think OA could be Scum?

"I believe that scum has been trying to get Sawneeks lynched since the reveal, that has now been made less certain with the cop reveal."

Can you also explain more on that last part.

Sawneeks

Banned
Wouldn't you?

Because as far as I could tell, there was no evidence saying topo was confirmed town, won't you say?

When you posted the vote count was 4 - 3 with Topo in the lead. When Kark posted with his Nin vote it was the same timestamp when you posted your Topo vote. You did end up preventing a tie, but there wasn't a tie when you made that post at first.

I'm trying to figure out why you switched from someone you thought was Scummy to someone you thought wasn't when there was NOT a tie there in the first place.

SalvaPot

When you posted the vote count was 4 - 3 with Topo in the lead. When Kark posted with his Nin vote it was the same timestamp when you posted your Topo vote. You did end up preventing a tie, but there wasn't a tie when you made that post at first.

I'm trying to figure out why you switched from someone you thought was Scummy to someone you thought wasn't when there was NOT a tie there in the first place.

...but I already said why.

Karkador

Banned
Wouldn't you?

Because as far as I could tell, there was no evidence saying topo was confirmed town, won't you say?

That's not how this game works.

People present evidence that people are anything BUT confirmed Town. Which, by the way, there was nothing of the sort for Topo, much like there was barely anything of the sort for Kalor.

You want to take a guess at a player, fine, but the same people seem to keep making the same guess, 5 days in a row. Despite that, you decided to go with Topo, who is not one of those people.

SalvaPot

That's not how this game works.

People present evidence that people are anything BUT confirmed Town. Which, by the way, there was nothing of the sort for Topo, much like there was barely anything of the sort for Kalor.

You want to take a guess at a player, fine, but the same people seem to keep making the same guess, 5 days in a row. Despite that, you decided to go with Topo, who is not one of those people.

Come on now, are you really going to play the "You keep on guessing" card? Scum hunting IS mostly guessing, and pretty everyone lynched so far got lynched due to a flimsy excuse, because in this game so far that is all we have had in this game. If Splinter hadn't been shot by the Vigilante a few days ago you could bet everyone would still be sucking his feet and his ideas because he is really good at justifying his lynches, even on the silliest of motivations.

I still think nin is scum and I will try and vote him out this time, but at the moment and the time of yesterday a tie was incredibly likely and I was not willing to run the risk. You did. You played with town's votes and made it so it was easy for a scum player to come in and put his vote on nin to keep the tie going. By removing my vote I effectively removed that possibility.

Now I ask you, what would have you done if I had kept my vote on nin, leading to a tie, 3 minutes before day end?

Karkador

Banned
Come on now, are you really going to play the "You keep on guessing" card? Scum hunting IS mostly guessing, and pretty everyone lynched so far got lynched due to a flimsy excuse, because in this game so far that is all we have had in this game. If Splinter hadn't been shot by the Vigilante a few days ago you could bet everyone would still be sucking his feet and his ideas because he is really good at justifying his lynches, even on the silliest of motivations.

I agree with you, but Topo was a bad play, as bad as Kalor, if you look at any of the patterns in the game. It was clear that they were random bandwagons. It's water under the bridge now, I guess, but we need to pull our heads out of our asses.

I still think nin is scum and I will try and vote him out this time, but at the moment and the time of yesterday a tie was incredibly likely and I was not willing to run the risk. You did. You played with town's votes and made it so it was easy for a scum player to come in and put his vote on nin to keep the tie going. By removing my vote I effectively removed that possibility.

I agree that he's scummy, too. I will support that vote.

Now I ask you, what would have you done if I had kept my vote on nin, leading to a tie, 3 minutes before day end?

I'm not necessarily opposed to a No Lynch. It's an unpopular opinion, but I'd rather we not lynch anybody than lynch a senseless pick.

Top Bottom