• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

I will say this, if Kyan ends up flipping Scum then Kark is also Scum.

Currently I don't think either of them are but if I'm wrong ( and i mean i've been wrong about most of my reads this game,,,, ) I want to put that out there.

For now though

Vote: El Topo

Is that based on Mason chat stuff?

Sawneeks

Banned
hrrrmmmmmm I'm not feeling any of these lynches.

call me crazy but Salva keeps feeling really Scummy to me.

If I am talking strictly Oceanic vs Star, I would vote Oceanic. Other than that I think we should just vote Karkador, who made a dumb mistake and MUST PAY FOR IT.

You never explained this, Salva.

What grievous mistake did Kark make?

Is that based on Mason chat stuff?

Hmmm.

Yes and no.

Kyan wasn't very happy when I voted for him with no explanation and became increasingly defensive as we talked back and forth in the Mason Chat.

Kark's 180 on his 'Well BOTH Masons can't be Town!' after I got cleared by Star felt weird to me and his refusal to answer my question in regards to what he now thinks about Kyan only reinforces my suspicion. Same goes for Nin, I suppose. Although this feeling is stronger with Kark.

My only hesitation is that I Town read Kark despite his dodging of any question Kyan-related. Meaning if Kyan is Scum, Kark is probably Scum as well and just doesn't want to talk about his buddy. However, I could be wrong and Kark just doesn't want to have a discussion with me after all that tunneling.

Like I said, I'm not confident in voting there but it's a connection I saw and I wanted to point it out.

Karkador

Banned
What do you want me to say about Kyan? You want me to stop tunneling on you, but you also want me to keep tunneling on your partner?

nin1000

Banned
I mean, they let a role cop live.

Nin didn't do anything of use until I called him out for his voting record and lack of posts. Since then he has posted a lot more, but without going through his posts, I have no idea if he ever actually contributed.

Shots fired Topo. But i aint mad since the only thing you contributed was getting innocent people killed.

Karkador

Banned
Kyan wasn't very happy when I voted for him with no explanation and became increasingly defensive as we talked back and forth in the Mason Chat.

Right, more Schrodinger's Chat stuff that we can't even begin to verify

Kark's 180 on his 'Well BOTH Masons can't be Town!' after I got cleared by Star felt weird to me and his refusal to answer my question in regards to what he now thinks about Kyan only reinforces my suspicion. Same goes for Nin, I suppose. Although this feeling is stronger with Kark.

What 180? I came out today saying your lynch was a pretty obvious choice now. Day after day, you and Kyan have been involved in lopping onto every mislynch we've had.

Then, Sketch claimed you Town.

Look, I'm clearly aware that Sketch is making a suspicious claim, in which she clears two of the most controversial players in the game as Town. But then again, everybody we've thought to be playing a suspicious game has turned out okay. When it seems like traditionally Town power roles can go to scum, we really can't rely on anything anybody is telling us.

I'm not done with suspecting you or Kyan. But it is getting a bit old, isn't it? Nevertheless, this is what Android God, RNJesus, and #UnnecessaryGambits2016 have churned out for us in 5 days. So we have to deal with it somehow.

You and Kyan were on board with a senseless vote for Kalor. Yes, consider that a short list of suspects that you and Kyan are on. It was also a vote that popped up to save the vote going to you.

Look at that list and pick your target. I had NO PART in that nonsense.

Sawneeks

Banned
What do you want me to say about Kyan? You want me to stop tunneling on you, but you also want me to keep tunneling on your partner?

No, but going from harping 'ONE OF THEM MUST BE SCUM' for Days on end to suddenly not questioning Kyan at all is extremely odd. Your tunneling was getting old but you've been on my ass for Days and you just kind of left Kyan to the wayside.

I already told you I don't believe this scenario to be the case, I personally think you're both Town.

but seeing as I was wrong on Blarg, Melon, AND Kalor I'm not betting on my track record for now. That's why I brought it up.

Shots fired Topo. But i aint mad since the only thing you contributed was getting innocent people killed.

xgz9nkR.gif

El Topo

You? You haven't even voted for half the days and you barely posted.
"I did not vote for Brexit. I didn't vote at all. Not my fault. Haha!"

I haven't lynched any town player. I was against lynching Blarg (#526). I did not vote for Dusk, although I considered his story unreliable (#569), something which could have easily (and should have) been cleared up by the Masons. I called for lynching Magnum, a lying neutral, when others wanted to vote out WAMD/Sawneeks or claimed it would doom OA (#1079) or that he would be advantageous to us (#1003). I also didn't take part in this really stupid Kalor lynch from D4, unlike certain other players that talk a lot about how we should lynch scum and then end up lynching town.

Maybe we should for once look into how people voted and what shitty arguments they provided? We're enough days into the game where we should be able to find inconsistencies and contradictions. There is a whole lot of "I have a hunch" bullshit and not much "Here are lies/contradictions/clear scum tells, see post XYZ".

the point is that now they know, like for certain, that they should kill star. if it was kept vague then there is still the chance that scum might think that shes less of a threat, that she has used up the role and someone else is a better night kill, since killing star would only confirm her claims. its nothugely likely, but its possible, now its not, and we have very little to show for it.
First off, how would knowing the difference between whether it is x-shot (with "x" being a variable, not a replacement for 2) or indefinite have an effect on tomorrow?

And why is her death an objectively bad result again, isn't her survival the most suspicious outcome? Now she has little excuse to live right, because as far as I remember she isn't confirmed town. Give me a reason why mafia would not kill an alignment cop, the moment she claimed she was marked for death, people wondered why I as a role cop didn't die (don't even bother with "oh since you didn't die, she shouldn't either!" as we saw with Splinter he was vanilla).

I see two possibilities, 1) she dies, Sawneeks and Salva somehow aren't clear and we weep about her death. 2) she survives, points out scum, and everybody obviously believes her and we sing kumbaya.

Wow... looking at it this way, you are completely right! Her survival is the best outcome!

First off, how would knowing the difference between whether it is x-shot (with "x" being a variable, not a replacement for 2) or indefinite have an effect on tomorrow?

And why is her death an objectively bad result again, isn't her survival the most suspicious outcome? Now she has little excuse to live right, because as far as I remember she isn't confirmed town. Give me a reason why mafia would not kill an alignment cop, the moment she claimed she was marked for death, people wondered why I as a role cop didn't die (don't even bother with "oh since you didn't die, she shouldn't either!" as we saw with Splinter he was vanilla).

I see two possibilities, 1) she dies, Sawneeks and Salva somehow aren't clear and we weep about her death. 2) she survives, points out scum, and everybody obviously believes her and we sing kumbaya.

Wow... looking at it this way, you are completely right! Her survival is the best outcome!

the answer to every question you just said is in the post you quoted. this is just petulant bullshit.
believe it or not, i do see your point, you clearly cant see mine.

Lynching a "probable" cop is a possible course of action for today. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

is it?
people keep stating the possibility of it (usually to make it well clear how so against it they are) but i dont see anyone actually pushing for it.

well except for maybe nin, but honestly im starting to think he's high, and has been high for most of this day phase.

Sophia

Good morning everyone. Again, as a reminder we'll be going to 24 hour night phases and 48 hour day phases once this day ends.

sawneeks (1)
el topo 1329
karkador 1330 (1471)
nin1000 1436 (1439)

oceanicair (2)
stanleypalmtree 1384
nin1000 1385 (1417)
cornburrito 1403

cornburrito (1)
oceanicair 1415

kyanrute (0)
sawneeks 1418 (1496)

karkador (1)
nin1000 1439

el topo (2)
kyanrute 1452
sawneeks 1500

Majority is 6

Day 5 ends in

blu_1473022800.png

This is some next level bullshit.

"Oh I only asked if it was X-shot or indefinite, my question in no way could have been taken as asking how many X was."

lol ok bro.

So had StarSketch not come forward with her information, this day would have been about the Sawneeks lynch once again as evident by 2 quick early votes in succession.

El Topo
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215664327&postcount=1329

Karkador
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215664468&postcount=1330

If StarSketch is alignment cop with unlimited shots, I don't any reason why scum would allow her to live. Having claimed she's has no restrictions on her role, it's incredibly suspicious that she should survive the night unless protected. I don't see that as a possible mafia tactic.

Karkador has been after Sawneeks for some time now, much the same way Splinter has been at it with WhereAreMahDragonz/Salvapot. There was his "BBQ winner is scum" play that almost felt like an attempt at fishing. Still, I doubt he's scum, them hitting the BBQ winner could be just down to luck.

El Topo made a very safe play on Day 3, opting to lynch a neutral. Obvious hiding place if one were scum. Also there was his vote on Sawneeks on Day 4. His thoughts so far has been rather patchy.

* "Them" singular vs. plural debate, wrt OceanicAir role reveal
* OA not revealing the masons through investigation, mixup I'm guessing
* OA helping mafia to find out Ynnek7 was the Night 3 winner.
* Mafia letting a cop and her investigated targets live seems like a good idea for them?

I believe that scum has been trying to get Sawneeks lynched since the reveal, that has now been made less certain with the cop reveal.

Karkador has since soften his stance, El Topo I'm unsure. Between the two of them, I'm more inclined to vote for El Topo today.

is it?
people keep stating the possibility of it (usually to make it well clear how so against it they are) but i dont see anyone actually pushing for it.

well except for maybe nin, but honestly im starting to think he's high, and has been high for most of this day phase.

Ok, guess I've been reading their comments wrong then.

the answer to every question you just said is in the post you quoted. this is just petulant bullshit.
The hell it is. All that's there is a reason as to why she could survive. Explain it to me like I'm 5,
1) why is her survival an objectively good thing for us and not lead to me confusion?
2) how would saying she is x-shot mean that she has or hasn't used all of her shots.
]believe it or not, i do see your point[/B], you clearly cant see mine.
rejoice.png

And I see your point, it just sucks
This is some next level bullshit.

"Oh I only asked if it was X-shot or indefinite, my question in no way could have been taken as asking how many X was."

lol ok bro.

How does English work where you are from, like seriously?

How could somebody respond to "is it indefinite or x-shot" with how many shots? She would either say a) it's indefinite or b) it's x-shot. This is basic reading comprehension. Asking "is it indefinite or x-shot" doesn't equal "is it indefinite or 2-shot." Are you being willfully obtuse? These mental gymnastics are unreal.

El Topo

I don't see how questioning her ability is problematic. Think about it like this: The role cop has a two-shot limitation, but the alignment cop works until he/she finds scum? Possible, not necessarily unlikely as a mod might want to switch things up, but worth a question.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sketch came forward tomorrow and said something along the lines of "I had no more shots left, that is why I revealed, but I tried to get mafia to NK me so you get confirmation, so I pretended to have more shots" or "My target was not targetable, I guess they used the cruise". What do we do in that case? We would be in the very same position.

I'm not saying we should lynch Sketch. I'm saying that we should all be aware of our current situation, about the choices we have and their consequences. We are likely at 8-3, as 5 mafia members seems ludicrously unbalanced, so we are not at the edge of defeat, but we have to be careful, as blindly trusting Sketch is dangerous. Keep in mind that if Sketch is scum it doesn't mean those she cleared are scum as well.

The hell it is. All that's there is a reason as to why she could survive. Explain it to me like I'm 5,
1) why is her survival an objectively good thing for us and not lead to me confusion?
2) how would saying she is x-shot mean that she has or hasn't used all of her shots.

rejoice.png

And I see your point, it just sucks

How could somebody respond to "is it indefinite or x-shot" with how many shots? She would either say a) it's indefinite or b) it's x-shot. This is basic reading comprehension. Asking "is it indefinite or x-shot" doesn't equal "is it indefinite or 2-shot." Are you being willfully obtuse? These mental gymnastics are unreal.

1) because she is an alignment cop, the most useful role we have! if she lives she can investigate.
and im not talking about Star surviving forever, im talking about tonight, living to give cop results tommorow.

2) the problem isnt when she says X-shot, but when she says indefinite, like she did! now scum know that she is still a threat!

this is really as clear as i can make it, if you still dont get it then i cant help you.

Karkador

Banned
So what happens tomorrow if StarSketch is still alive, she reports another Town result, and everybody who was suspect today is still alive? We do this all over again?

It is implied that part of the answer you could expect is "how many is X".

El Topo

Going through nin's posts. Holy shit. I'm not completely through yet, but I would be shocked if he wasn't scum. What I've read so far is a whole bunch of nothing.

probably, but we will have the important extra detail of "why didnt scum kill star"

We already have two reasonable explanations for that, namely her spotty story ("I totally have more shots even though others did not") and mafia potentially having the cruise.

Going through nin's posts. Holy shit. I'm not completely through yet, but I would be shocked if he wasn't scum. What I've read so far is a whole bunch of nothing.

We already have two reasonable explanations for that, namely her spotty story ("I totally have more shots even though others did not") and mafia potentially having the cruise.

you see what i mean about nin sounding high?

having the cruise? i have no idea what this means.

Somehow I think it's not going to be that easy

oh its not going to be, im looking forward to it.
point is the same discussion wont really be the same.

El Topo

He doesn't sound high. It's chit chat, praising players, giving non-answers ("I voted for X because he seemed scummy"), promising more activity, doing scummy things and talking about how he is well aware that they seem scummy, never explaining himself.

Seriously, go through his posts. It's ridiculous. Heck, even today, arguably his most active day, he just keeps jumping around, asking others what they think, changing his opinion again and again (see e.g. on whether we should lynch Sketch or his stance on OA from yesterday).

VOTE: nin1000

1) because she is an alignment cop, the most useful role we have! if she lives she can investigate.
and im not talking about Star surviving forever, im talking about tonight, living to give cop results tommorow.

2) the problem isnt when she says X-shot, but when she says indefinite, like she did! now scum know that she is still a threat!

this is really as clear as i can make it, if you still dont get it then i cant help you.
My problem is you are living in a world where Star is confirmed town. Cop results are always in doubt as long as she's alive and you act like her survival wouldn't be shady regardless if I didn't ask the questoin.

Also I see four possible paths for the question
she says: I'm x-shot, she survives: same outcome as saying nothing, we still wonder why she's alive
she says: I'm x-shot, she dies: we have confirmed town
she says: indefinite, she survives: fewer reasons to survive as saying nothing
she says: indefinite, she dies: we have confirmed town'

So what's the big problem here?
probably, but we will have the important extra detail of "why didnt scum kill star"
And this is why having fewer reasons as to why she could be potentially alive is a good thing.
It is implied that part of the answer you could expect is "how many is X".
You really think the worst of Star and her ability to play a role don't you? Because that really is not a natural response.

nin1000

Banned

I can't wait to see you shocked face then Bruder.

My problem is you are living in a world where Star is confirmed town. Cop results are always in doubt as long as she's alive and you act like her survival wouldn't be shady regardless if I didn't ask the questoin.

Also I see four possible paths for the question
she says: I'm x-shot, she survives: same outcome as saying nothing, we still wonder why she's alive
she says: I'm x-shot, she dies: we have confirmed town
she says: indefinite, she survives: fewer reasons to survive as saying nothing
she says: indefinite, she dies: we have confirmed town'

So what's the big problem here?

And this is why having fewer reasons as to why she could be potentially alive is a good thing.

You really think the worst of Star and her ability to play a role don't you? Because that really is not a natural response.

i swear it feels like im just repeating points here. but then it is 4am so whaduikno?

"My problem is you are living in a world where Star is confirmed town."

thats not what i thought at all.
as soon as she claimed i believed she would be dead within the next 3 days (more likely 2), making the confirmation of her role inevitable, and your impotent attempt at clarifying it pretty much worthless. (her inevitable flip seems to be the part that your 4 predictions are missing).
but she might have survived for 1 more day, which is one more investigation, which is a very good thing for town. it was unlikely, but it was possible. telling scum that she is certainly still a threat makes this a near impossibility.

"You really think the worst of Star and her ability to play a role don't you? Because that really is not a natural response"

what the hell are you talking about? the only thing i have said about stars play in all this is that i think she shouldnt have answered your question.
i think she made a bad call, that doent mean i think shes a bad player.
and i really dont get why you would think that of me, it just feels insulting.

He doesn't sound high. It's chit chat, praising players, giving non-answers ("I voted for X because he seemed scummy"), promising more activity, doing scummy things and talking about how he is well aware that they seem scummy, never explaining himself.

Seriously, go through his posts. It's ridiculous. Heck, even today, arguably his most active day, he just keeps jumping around, asking others what they think, changing his opinion again and again (see e.g. on whether we should lynch Sketch or his stance on OA from yesterday).

VOTE: nin1000

yeah i certainly have no problems with a nin lynch.
the ridiculousness of it all is actually what has stopped me from going straight for him. its just so obviously not helpful that if it is a scum play, then its an incredibly bold one.

yeah, okay. bed time.

now i can trust you all with the lynch, right?

im not gonna come in tomorrow morning with my pizza boxes to find the room on fire, a dying old man, and someone swinging around a tablecloth.
right?

Karkador

Banned
VOTE:StarSketch

Let's just get this over with. Sketch has had s fairly bad voting record, and this flip puts this fiasco in our hands, not theirs. We are looking at a potential stalling tactic towards the finish line if they let Sketch live tonight.

Vote: StarSketch

I did some thinking, and this is fine I guess. If you guys want to clear things up, that's fine.

I was hoping to hit scum tomorrow but my results might get obscured so.

I did some thinking, and this is fine I guess. If you guys want to clear things up, that's fine.

I was hoping to hit scum tomorrow but my results might get obscured so.

This is a mistake.

If you flip town, that clears two people (assuming no godfather). One of which scum can kill tonight. That's then only one person cleared. Forcing scum to NK you if worth more than your flip will provide right now. Especially since you can clear more people.

nin1000

Banned
Voting for Topo right now is the same bad vote train that Kalor got. Don't do this.

You are right. I should not let my feelings get trough me.

I will use my initial vote then.

Sorry but I will need some clarification on it. The only way we can have some answers is by getting you lynched.

Kyanrute

Can anyone think of any scenario where town Star survives the night other than the following: scum won the vacation and the vacation is a control item (block / redirect / etc.)?

Karkador

Banned
This is a mistake.

If you flip town, that clears two people (assuming no godfather). One of which scum can kill tonight. That's then only one person cleared. Forcing scum to NK you if worth more than your flip will provide right now. Especially since you can clear more people.

A NK is still a clear.

A NK is still a clear.

Ok

1. Lynch SS
2. Scum nightkills a cleared result

= 2 dead town, 1 cleared town.

vs.

1. Lynch OA
2. Scum nightkills SS

= 2 dead town, 2 cleared town WORST CASE (OA somehow town)
= 1 dead scum, 1 dead town, 2 cleared town. BEST CASE.

2 cleared town result from not lynching SS.

Top Bottom