• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
92f9aec5fa900adcd95873432d09b432.jpg

um.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do i buy 4 now or wait and hope its not 1000 dollars ?

This is a $50 pre-order card, even if it doesn't turn out to be that good. But this card is just generically good and I can't see it not being expensive.

The only thing that limits the card is whether red itself is good.

Not that it wasn't going to be anticlimactic after that, but they said earlier we'd see Dovan's card this weekend and that didn't happen....

Everything about this card is nuts. It has FIVE ABILITIES. It draws cards with its plus at four mana! It kills creatures! It ramps!

Not that it wasn't going to be anticlimactic after that, but they said earlier we'd see Dovan's card this weekend and that didn't happen....

Yeah I was waiting on that. Also, hyping up the crowd for Tezzeret and then showing them a card where he's shoved into the corner was pretty funny.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They -really- wanted to make sure there was finally a good Chandra card.

I love the Jace parallels but JTMS its not. Still might finally be the Chandra card that pushes a deck.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do we know whether or not the Chandra in the Planeswalker deck is supposed to be new or not? Is it not just going to be this Chandra?

There's no goddamn way its this one lol

This is Exhibit A when people ask about "Chase Mythics."

I think this is better than Kalitas in Jund, too.

f0rk

They give her 4 abilities and they still can't think of anything more interesting than +draw -protect --probably win the game?

Guys, remember that the past few Chandras have seen a lot of tournament play, so this is hardly the first good Chandra.

Do we know whether or not the Chandra in the Planeswalker deck is supposed to be new or not? Is it not just going to be this Chandra?

Completely different. Notably, the Planeswalker Deck Planeswalkers are supposed to be high in mana cost and aren't pushed.

Jeebus

Her first +1 ability STILL does something even if it's a dead draw and you can't cast it...

Chandra Pyromaster is dead and buried:

132.jpg

Angry Grimace

Jeebus

Her first +1 ability STILL does something even if it's a dead draw and you can't cast it...

132.jpg

I suspect the reason for that is that you cast her turn 4 you needed to have something to do with it. But GB is right, 2 damage to your opponent is completely relevant and functions as a 5th ability.

Jeebus

Hell, it can just straight up kill a lot of planeswalkers. Ob Nix after he comes down to kill a creature, Nahiri after she exiles something, Arlinn after she flips back after burning something. Not to mention that even if it doesn't kill them, Chandra's + basically wins every planeswalker fight in Standard for free.

The rate and flexibility you get for four mana here is unbelievable.

Firemind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215982535]Hell, it can just straight up kill a lot of planeswalkers. Ob Nix after he comes down to kill a creature, Nahiri after she exiles something, Arlinn after she flips back after burning something. Not to mention that even if it doesn't kill them, Chandra's + basically wins every planeswalker fight in Standard for free.

The rate and flexibility you get for four mana here is unbelievable.[/QUOTE]
cant beat gideon tho

Angry Grimace

I'm confused. What happens to the card that has been exiled if you don't cast it? Can you cast it forever?

When a card says "you may cast it," it means you have to choose to cast it as part of the resolution of the ability. You have to pay and cast it as Chandra's ability resolves (and because it says "cast" you cannot play a land). If you don't, your opponent takes 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom