• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
it's a 5/4 for six mana

couldn't even make it 5/5

even grave titan's tokens trade lol

Grave Titan is overpowered.

These boring-ass mythics means more value for Chandra to soak up. RIP all my money.

Except that these are all playable cards with a very reasonable power level; they're big bodies with good ETBs so they don't just die to removal. Do you guys *really* want more cards like Avacyn?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
someone in this very thread said it's one of the worst titans lol

The Titan cycle is blatantly overpowered. I don't understand why people get whine incessantly when cards are playable but not format warping but then also whine incessantly when they print format warping cards like Avacyn or Collected Company. At best, its moving the goalposts; at worst its just being impossible to please.

I mean, they still make gonzo unplayables at mythic, e.g. Mind's Dilation or Behold the Beyond. As much as people like to pretend they like these cards, every time I've ever seen someone open one they get annoyed that they didn't get a rare that will ever leave their trade binder.

red13th

With Ajani we have 4 out of 5 Lorwyn walkers.
Why did they have to fuck up Garruk, he was the best, THE BEST of them. :(
Maybe Amonkhet ends with Garruk Apex Predator showing up, +1 killing Bolas and ta-da the world is saved.

A5YEeJx.png

I've only been to two stores with really good prize structures. On was in San Fran that used to do $11 drafts that paid out 4 packs for 3-0. But that store was relatively new and that deal only lasted a couple years. Now it's $12 drafts with pack per win which I think is pretty standard around the bay area.

The real doozy was down in central california. FNM Modern was win a box for like $10 entry, and all their prereleases were one massive 80+ man tournament to win a box of the new set. I really liked those prereleases.

Angry Grimace

Jace and Liliana are both directly relevant to Garruk, so I expect him to show up whenever we get to another Jace/Liliana focused block. He operates a lot like Ob Nixilis in that he's a villain who is kind of outside of the big story arcs in each block.

Joe Molotov

Except that these are all playable cards with a very reasonable power level; they're big bodies with good ETBs so they don't just die to removal. Do you guys *really* want more cards like Avacyn?

Boring Mythics are fine, an entire cycle of boring Mythics is kind of a buzzkill.

Angry Grimace

They have drafting leagues on MTGO now. The concept is a little weird to me.

Angry Grimace

I got passed both a Tree of Perdition and a Triskaidekaphobia

They're both in the deck

The Titan cycle is blatantly overpowered. I don't understand why people get whine incessantly when cards are playable but not format warping but then also whine incessantly when they print format warping cards like Avacyn or Collected Company. At best, its moving the goalposts; at worst its just being impossible to please.

I mean, they still make gonzo unplayables at mythic, e.g. Mind's Dilation or Behold the Beyond. As much as people like to pretend they like these cards, every time I've ever seen someone open one they get annoyed that they didn't get a rare that will ever leave their trade binder.

all of those cards are at least interesting for EDH except behold. The gearhulks are just mundane for mythics.

That's the thing, the quantity and rarity don't even seem to matter. A 3 dollar playset of commons will have 12 dollar shipping, and so will a single 10 dollar rare. You end up paying 12 shipping either way. The funniest ones are ones that cost say 12 shipping to go from one part of Canada to another part of Canada 3 hours away, but would cost 1.50 to send it from there all the way to florida like ten times the distance. All I'm thinking is "okay yeah sure send it to florida, just drop it off at my place and drive the remaining 20 hours for no reason, lol. It practically rules out ebay and amazon, as amazon.ca prices are a joke even before shipping.

I buy singles all the time (Vancouver) - some places are more expensive, but you need to shop around. For my usual orders, I expect to play between $3 USD and $7 USD. Some stores have higher "base" shipping (Card Kingdom) but scale more slowly with more cards. Others are pretty cheap up front (Channel Fireball) and go up a little faster with each card.

CANADIAN
http://www.facetofacegames.com/
http://www.gamekeeperonline.com/
http://store.mtgisland.com/ (more limited selection)
http://www.magicstronghold.com/

UNITED STATES
http://www.adventureson.com/ (4 cards for $2.05 USD in estimated shipping)
http://store.channelfireball.com/landing
http://www.trollandtoad.com/
http://www.cardkingdom.com/

Bought from all of these places and more over the past 3 years. TCGPlayer can be good, but you need to ensure you are buying from the same seller.

Hope this helps.

Angry Grimace

I don't understand why people are bent out of shape over Chandra's parentage. She's half white and half indian. There's plenty of half-black and half-white people who just look white and plenty of half-black and half-white people who just look white. It's not a big deal.

This is going beyond the obvious, as well, that Kaladesh wasn't even invented for like half a decade after Chandra was.

Angry Grimace

Hey, so Lili may drop in price?

Doubt it.

There's a Triple Innistrad draft in like October and then a week of 2 INN, 1 DKA.

Which is good because I lost a lot of my life playing dumb ol' Zendikar drafts for value (and not getting any - I opened like 1 fetch the entire time)

Doubt it.

There's a Triple Innistrad draft in like October and then a week of 2 INN, 1 DKA.

Which is good because I lost a lot of my life playing dumb ol' Zendikar drafts for value (and not getting any - I opened like 1 fetch the entire time)

Ouch. Well I'm not expecting a big drop, just a little one. Looking at the price history it goes up and down but she's been on a bit of a high lately.

bigkrev

Torn
Draft leagues are up (yay!), but are only SOI-EDM. Meanwhile, the format that got me back into Magic, M11, is the flashback format.

Tough decisions

Lol they got rid of show and tell, sneak attack, emrakul, natural order and dark depths in the legacy cube for stuff like wharf infiltrator and tireless tracker

Nice legacy cube guys

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216221872]Lol they got rid of show and tell, sneak attack, emrakul, natural order and dark depths in the legacy cube for stuff like wharf infiltrator and tireless tracker

Nice legacy cube guys[/QUOTE]

What the hell? What kind of nonsense is this?

Supast4r

Chandra's Mom doesn't look that powerful

btw I thought both her parents died
Pia is a SLEEPER op card of this set. She curves into Chandra, protects her well like a mom should and she has a relevant ability that is great on stalled or boards which standard is a lot of the time. I expect her to see play

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";216221872]Lol they got rid of show and tell, sneak attack, emrakul, natural order and dark depths in the legacy cube for stuff like wharf infiltrator and tireless tracker

Nice legacy cube guys[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Enjoy watching your cube participation drop like a stone.

November for Conspiracy: Take the Crown cards on MTGO

Due to the drafting mechanics not being feasible to implement on Magic Online, there will not be a Conspiracy: Take the Crown release on Magic Online.

Some traditional Magic cards new to Magic in the original Conspiracy were released in the form of Vintage Masters. Legacy and Vintage players have been asking (since those cards are legal in those formats) when they will be available on Magic Online.

Our card set team is currently focused on delivering Kaladesh. After that releases, they will be working on Commander 2016 as well as new cards selected by R&D from Conspiracy: Take the Crown. We expect these cards to be added to Magic Online in November.

Exactly how these Conspiracy: Take the Crown cards will be available to players isn’t something we’re prepared to talk about just yet. Stay tuned for an announcement later this month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom