• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

hilarious that Flame Lash, a card that is not supposed to see standard play, might see standard play because Red's burn is fucking terrible

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so where are we rating chandra now, absolute stinking garbage or JUST total garbage?

i'll happily take any copies of that worthless card if you happen to open one!!

hilarious that Flame Lash, a card that is not supposed to see standard play, might see standard play because Red's burn is fucking terrible

If chandra dealt 4 dmg to a creature instead of 3 she would be a lot better I think. So many times I want her to deal 4 and shes a dead card because of it.

what happened to alchemist man

Ah i still love it man, but i dunno. Doesnt feel as powerful :\ If we had better burn maybe. I do wanna try a more control like package tho. Stay tuned

Ashodin

If chandra dealt 4 dmg to a creature instead of 3 she would be a lot better I think. So many times I want her to deal 4 and shes a dead card because of it.

???

oFdfOp3.png

In my deck Chandra is either Deal 2 damage to target planeswalker (or cast spell), Deal 4 to target creature, or Cast Incendiary Flow

so where are we rating chandra now, absolute stinking garbage or JUST total garbage?

i'll happily take any copies of that worthless card if you happen to open one!!
She's super strong imo just not in the standard environment Wizards crafted with Kaladesh.
If there surfaces a deck that is able to stabilise against aggro and be proactive against unfair decks and that deck is able to cast a RR spell then she will be great.

The problem is that she can't kill Lootcopter.
Exactly
I hate that card already.
Exactly
That's not enough to make it even vaguely worse than a straight 8/8.
It's enough to not put all 4 counters on it though against open BB.

Ashodin

Wouldn't you then get to distribute them to your other creatures even as the Gearhulk dies?

I think you have to make your target choices before that though.

edit, yep

You choose how the counters will be distributed as you put the ability on the stack. Notably, if you choose to put one +1/+1 counter on each of two target creatures, and one of those creatures becomes an illegal target in response, the +1/+1 counter that would’ve gone on that creature is lost. It can’t be put on the remaining legal target.

SO someone could be like "imma make a 8/8 trample" and you be all "lol nope grasp" they don't get shit

can you give a vehicle haste if its not crewed?

like if i hijack a vehicle, can i crew + attack that turn?

Any permanent can have any permanent keyword, just sometimes it might not be applicable or work as written. In this case, Hijack doesn't say it gains haste if it's a creature, so it gains haste no matter what. That has no effect as long as it's just an artifact, but it will still have the ability later on when you make it a creature.

Any permanent can have any permanent keyword, just sometimes it might not be applicable or work as written. In this case, Hijack doesn't say it gains haste if it's a creature, so it gains haste no matter what. That has no effect as long as it's just an artifact, but it will still have the ability later on when you make it a creature.

Thanks that makes sense.

Bandini

I can't comment on Standard, but I'm loving Chandra in Modern. Been messing around with her in a Jeskai build with Young Peezy, Clique, Snapcaster, Probe, Ancestral, Serum, Bolt, Remand, etc. She messes up Liliana and Nahiri really well and just puts a ton of pressure on the opponent.

I just found out my LGS started doing Sunday casual tournaments where they allow up to 12 proxies so now I'm debating proxying her up or just rolling with Nahiri control. Either way I'm stoked.

EDIT: Here my current list, if anyone cares. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chandramancer/

Santiako

I can't comment on Standard, but I'm loving Chandra in Modern. Been messing around with her in a Jeskai build with Young Peezy, Clique, Snapcaster, Probe, Ancestral, Serum, Bolt, Remand, etc. She messes up Liliana and Nahiri really well and just puts a ton of pressure on the opponent.

I just found out my LGS started doing Sunday casual tournaments where they allow up to 12 proxies so now I'm debating proxying her up or just rolling with Nahiri control. Either way I'm stoked.

Yeah, I'm trying to get 2 or 3 to slot into my modern RG Titan Breach deck, she looks fantastic in Modern.

Adaren

Posting it in the correct order makes Chandra and the rest of the Jacewatch look slightly less incompetent.

Yep. #2 and #4 are also missing. #2 is Liliana spotting Tezz in a crowd, and #4 is Pia being captured.

No Ajani mention, but I'I guessing they just want to give him a proper intro in the AR story.

Bunch of new MTGO changes, including Hearthstone ripoff treasure chests (and, hand in hand with that, an effective cut of Constructed prizes) and a dramatic reduction of redemption window. Best explanation I've seen so far is that in order to make room for MDN they want to slowly bleed out all their existing MTGO players so there isn't a big outrage when they pull the plug, lol.

sgjackson

Bunch of new MTGO changes, including Hearthstone ripoff treasure chests (and, hand in hand with that, an effective cut of Constructed prizes) and a dramatic reduction of redemption window. Best explanation I've seen so far is that in order to make room for MDN they want to slowly bleed out all their existing MTGO players so there isn't a big outrage when they pull the plug, lol.

Here's a link to the articles where it's discussed.

Edit: Lee Sharpe is saying on Twitter the goal isn't to use chests to cut prizes and if it's not working they'll adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom