• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

QAJAXol.gif
Are we really going to allow *Splinter to get away with this
QAJAXol.gif

QAJAXol.gif
Seems to me like he's making us vig-hunt, not scum-hunt
QAJAXol.gif

QAJAXol.gif
Where's the sense in that, and in anything Dusk Soldier's done
QAJAXol.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Reading through the end of yesterday and what's been posted so far, Verelios' logic is making me scratch my head a bit:

Just to be clear, from CM's leanings I'm town reading Sawneeks as they obviously knew something we don't.

What do you mean and how does it make you town-read Sawneeks? What is this something they obviously knew that we didn't? Doesn't that contradict your TGD vote?

Thanks CM for cementing my vote on TGD with that outburst. Wonder why you said Sawneeks could clear TGD though

Vote: TheGoddamn

Maybe I'm misunderstanding either of those posts. Can you tell me how your reads for TGD, CM and Sawneeks changed throughout late day 3 and now? I think I'm genuinely not getting something.

Regarding Splinter, I town-read him more than anyone else right now. Sawneeks is in a very convenient position if she's scum, being able to talk in behalf of CM and wash her hands, and Sophia/Sketch's flavor-mechanics disconnect (Piplup / double vote) is even more disheartening now if Splinter's claim is true, since his Pokemon and action actually fit.

Also lol @ bringing the triangle back on the table.

If Splinter is claiming to have only killed Gorlak last night, then we have three killing abilities (scum, Splinter, someone else, unless scum have an extra kill). That should mean a few more protective roles out there (doctor, BP). I'm not telling them to claim, but we're pretty much in the dark regarding PR's right now so I don't know if Splinter is telling the truth from a balance perspective.

I have been town-reading him though so I'll believe him for now.

At least someone used Sophetch. I thought that name would go to waste.

Summary of votes cast (side note: doesn't seem too difficult to have the voting tool display "votes cast by" along with "votes cast for". It'll save me work haha.)

Bold = was lynched that day
Italic = now dead

roytheone - Bronx, Dusk, TheG
StarSketch - Bronx, Flush (double), no vote
Dusk Soldier - Fireblend, CM, TheG
Blargonaut - Sketch, CM, Ynnek,
SalvaPot - No lynch, Verelios, TheG
Fireblend - Ynnek, Verelios, Verelios
melonrabbit - Topo, Flush, CM
Unmasked Ferret - No vote, Flush, TheG
Sawneeks - Verelios, Flush, TheG,
Lone_Prodigy - Ferret, Gorlak, Ynnek,
Ynnek7 - Bronx, LP, TheG
StanleyPalmtree - Bronx, Flush, LP
*Splinter - Bronx, Flush, TheG
nin1000 - Gorlak, roy, Ynnek
Verelios - Sawneeks, Flush, TheG

Everyone who was in every lynch is still alive. All of them. I know, I couldn't believe it. After I did D1 I thought it was a funny tidbit. After D2 it started getting weirder. After D3 it didn't look like coincidence anymore.

Here it is, presented in a more readable way:
D1 bronx-man (5)
stanleypalmtree 442
ynnek7 592
sophia 762
*splinter 797
roytheone 802

D2: Flush (8)
*splinter 1129
sawneeks 1285
melonrabbit 1326
verelios 1346
stanleypalmtree 1451
sophia 1497
sophia 1497
unmasked ferret 1547

D3: TheG (8)
sawneeks 1651
salvapot 1880
*splinter 1884
dusk soldier 1898
ynnek7 1907
roytheone 2041
verelios 2094
unmasked ferret 2102

Verelios

We're still on mechanics talk? Okay.
What do you mean and how does it make you town-read Sawneeks? What is this something they obviously knew that we didn't? Doesn't that contradict your TGD vote?
Did you not read my post directly above this one or no? I only came to that conclusion after CM flipped town, and they were so sure Sawneeks could (seemingly) vet TGD, so I was inclined to town lean them. Perhaps Sawneeks told more information in chat than we currently know, I don't know.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding either of those posts. Can you tell me how your reads for TGD, CM and Sawneeks changed throughout late day 3 and now? I think I'm genuinely not getting something.
Brah, I'm not going to berate you for not looking up a second, but come on, context. My read on TGD never changed, if you looked at my post today detailing why I voted for him you'd see it was because his ability was extremely detrimental to town, and it still is. As for CM I scum read them until their flip, mostly because of inactivity. It's weirder if you're reads didn't change after their flips.

Anyway, regarding the vig wouldn't they usually have a shot limit? It might be better to scum hunt rather than theorize on who's telling the truth.

nin1000

Banned
so, thats it ? conversations dying down ?
Thats not really good for town.
We should be discussing things.

-*Splinter being in every lynch/ Claimed Survivor / Vigilante
-Inactives how should we handle them
-Read lists ( even though they suck )
-call people out by voting on them

Verelios

I'm for lynching inactives now. At the rate we're going everyone is going to die in a few days anyway, so you're either here to help or I don't mind helping you into a noose.

#Dead at read lists, who's read list was accurate again?

The problem with voting out inactives is that it's kinda a shot in the dark. We'd be wasting just as much time getting rid of them, but the only real duscussuon to be had with it is the order in which you want to do it.

Fireblend

Banned
We're still on mechanics talk? Okay.

Did you not read my post directly above this one or no? I only came to that conclusion after CM flipped town, and they were so sure Sawneeks could (seemingly) vet TGD, so I was inclined to town lean them. Perhaps Sawneeks told more information in chat than we currently know, I don't know.

Brah, I'm not going to berate you for not looking up a second, but come on, context. My read on TGD never changed, if you looked at my post today detailing why I voted for him you'd see it was because his ability was extremely detrimental to town, and it still is. As for CM I scum read them until their flip, mostly because of inactivity. It's weirder if you're reads didn't change after their flips.

Anyway, regarding the vig wouldn't they usually have a shot limit? It might be better to scum hunt rather than theorize on who's telling the truth.
I'm mainly confused about why you're townreading Sawneeks right now as a consequence of what happened yesterday. I'm not saying your TGD vote was unjustified; every part of his role screamed of being scum :p if Sawneeks had more info than we currently know and she didn't disclose it and could have prevented TGD of being lynched, I'd say that was pretty scummy.

Regarding votes, Splinter is the only player to have participated in all 3 mislynches and his Bronx vote strikes me as a little bandwagonnish at quick glance, but it's not enough to sway me from reading him as town with today's claim. If he's lying and not being counter-claimed then I really am at a loss.

Out of the players that participated in 2 mislynches I think it's Ynnek's votes that give me bad vibes the most.

Getting a vote in today.

VOTE: Bronx-Man

He made a few drive by posts, and while I share a bit of his Lucario dislike (I feel like Nintendo pushed really hard to get people to like him and didn't let hit happen organically), it would have been nice to hear from him once class was over.

Totally willing to change my vote if he comes back or if anyone else makes a convincing argument.

Also,

VOTE: TheGoddamn

If only to prove to Blargonaut that he's barking up the wrong tree with his breadcrumb theory.

(Although, if you want to make it still work, TheGoddamn's avatar is of Pedro Pascal who plays Oberyn Martell in Game Of Thrones. In GoT, he's
Killed by The Mountain
, which would be how you can connect that to mountaintop!)

2 non-committal votes. To his credit he did state after he was called out for the second one that he thought TGD was scummy, but it doesn't make him look great that his main reason for voting him was humoring Blarg, when no one really could be faulted for lynching a confirmed roleblocker with a Trump flavor. It amuses me he couldn't find a more convincing reason to follow suit.

nin1000

Banned
The problem with voting out inactives is that it's kinda a shot in the dark. We'd be wasting just as much time getting rid of them, but the only real duscussuon to be had with it is the order in which you want to do it.

I rather shoot those that wont even contribute than those that do at least talk

roytheone

- I don't see being in every lynch as scummy per se. Out of the 3 lynches , 2 were pretty clearly happening, so I could see scum staying at the background and not getting very involved. Only exception is the Bronx lynch which was kinda close between sophiasketch and him, but I read sophiasketch as town so I could see scum not really caring about which of the two got lynched. Him claiming vig hasn't been countered yet so I am leaning towards believing him, even though that creates questions like what happened on N2. But we aren't going to solve those without more information. I haven't noticed him claiming survivor though, where was that?

-Inactives in this phase of the game suck,and we do have a number of them (and I admit I have been less active then in my previous games). But we are nearing the fase of the game where another mislynch followed by a bad night could end up losing us the game. For example, if scum has 5 members and sketch is one of them, that means that a mislynch followed by 2 Town nk will give scum half of the votes. Very unlikely, but we should be careful and no longer have the luxury to lynch someone for inactivity. Being inactive + scummy is another thing of course.

*Splinter

Err fuck this isn't going anywhere. I lied, don't want to waste any more time on that claim

If a real PR could give some real info, that would be great

Verelios

If we don't have the luxury of lynching people for being inactive, do we have the luxury of lynching people for being active? We're pretty much on the hangman's ledge at this point and if you're not pulling us up, you're dragging us down, so unless you have a reasonable direction to go in Roy I can't agree with that.

roytheone

If we don't have the luxury of lynching people for being inactive, do we have the luxury of lynching people for being active? We're pretty much on the hangman's ledge at this point and if you're not pulling us up, you're dragging us down, so unless you have a reasonable direction to go in Roy I can't agree with that.

So how do you want to do that? Make a list of Inactives and look for who is the most scummy? Or just lynch the most inactive person. I can get behind 1, not 2.

Verelios

So how do you want to do that? Make a list of Inactives and look for who is the most scummy? Or just lynch the most inactive person. I can get behind 1, not 2.
Well, two is definitely not going to work. By the time we go down that rabbit hole one mislynch is game over. One is what I'm talking about.

nin1000

Banned

Sorry if i made myself not clear enought but in the end it would come down to 1.
I mean we can see who works best under pressure. Its not a good plan but at least it is one.

*Splinter

How many "inactives" are there?

How many do you think are scum?

This isn't day 1, I'm not interested in any argument that's based on post count, we need to be pushing for scum today.

Sawneeks

Banned
so, to yall who voted TheG yeseterday?

well, why?

My vote was pre-reveal and I initially voted for TheG because of his nonsensical Sophia vote that I detailed in the post where I voted against him ( too lazy to go find it ). Then Star came in and reveal it was TheG and I waited for him to answer my questions as well as those that others had already said. He answered why he voted for Sophia, which he admitted was a mistake on his part, and then confirmed he was a Roleblocker. Not only was a Roleblocker like that incredibly detrimental to Town ( if he caught the Cop/Doctor they would basically be screwed until TheG died ) but I also believed that balance dictated the Trainers would be split into Town-Neutral-Scum and with Ty flipping as Town I assumed that TheG was most likely to be Scum because of his actions on Day 2 as well as his ability being a roleblocker ( which is anti-town ).

It was a combination between my read of him as well as the anti-town nature of his PR.

What if I ask nicely?

or do I need to get you another cereal box so you can find your answer?

And Splinter, I was really against this suggestion because I was like what are the odds of being scum 3 out 3 but then I remembered he replaced Kawl so I don't believe him to be scum but also don't want to be fooled again.

Okay, I've done this mistake before and it's one I've learned to never repeat. Don't think of the probibility of how that 'could never happen' and therefore that's why someone is Town.

I did that once with Swamped in GAFIA Mafia 1 and she nearly won for it.

I did that with Kyan last game and it screwed me over.

if that's one of the reasons you Town read someone don't do it. It usually ends poorly and you get that person into your blindspot.

If that's the case, what are your reads on the other inactives?

How do you classify your 'inactives' btw? Less than how many posts? Or is it just by a quick glance?

- Well he is apparently lying. Again. LP's list IS interesting though as I did not realize that Splinter had a hand in every lynch so far. Same goes for those who have yet to have a hand in a Day End lynch. Both extremes are interesting to look at.
- I'm divided on this. On one hand lynching inactives means we get out those who are not helping Town by adding to the discussion but at the same time it's also a massive shot in the dark. Coasting Scum do exist but as do Coasting Town and it's hard to tell the difference a lot of times. If someone can build a case against someone where an inactive was being Scummy other than just 'look he hasn't posted much' I would look into it. I do think we have Scum there, though, I'm just not sure how to go about discerning who is Town and who is Scum since most inactives act alike to me. >.>
- You can't do that without going first. :p

Err fuck this isn't going anywhere. I lied, don't want to waste any more time on that claim

If a real PR could give some real info, that would be great

why?

Were you trying to bait the real Vig to come out?

Sawneeks

Banned
How many "inactives" are there?

How many do you think are scum?

This isn't day 1, I'm not interested in any argument that's based on post count, we need to be pushing for scum today.

says the one who literally started the Day with a fakeclaim.

splinter plz

*Splinter

My only real town reads at this point are Dusk, non, and Salva, in that order.

Top suspect is still Blarg, but that's a day 2(?) read, really expected something stronger by now.

I'm also suspicious of LP, melon and Stan... which is fucking me up because I just feel like I always scum read those three (and arguably Blarg as well).

Only other person to mention is Verelios, just had a really bad feeling from his posts today, from his reaction to day start to his reaction to my claim, felt like he was faking a reaction to information he already knew.

Sawneeks? Hard to say, whoever killed CM last night really fucked us there, with the way things are going I think I'm just going to have to gamble on Saw being town.

Roy, again, not confident, not really seen anything he couldn't do as scum, but for now I'm guessing town.

Everyone else is too null. Ynnek has had a few pushes against him and I always felt like he was being used as a scapegoat. People keep flipping town though so maybe I've just misread the situation... Bleh, I need to reread things.

Sawneeks

Banned
For those who Scum Read Melon could I ask why? I'll admit I'm null on Melon right now and I'm not sure what to make of it. >.>;

I plan to reread a bit whenever I get the time to see for myself but I curious as to why people feel that way.

Verelios

If that's the case, what are your reads on the other inactives?

How do you classify your 'inactives' btw? Less than how many posts? Or is it just by a quick glance?
I separate inactives by looking at the player list and thinking 'Well, I haven't heard anything from this player. Can I remember them? What about searching through the day? Yesterday?'

As for me being more rushed today, yall don't feel the pinch after 8 town dead? It doesn't make you wonder?

Top Bottom