• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horribly photoshoped posters, keyart advertising etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

27099_front.jpg

Considering these posters were probably done in 15 minutes for $6 by some severely underpaid and overworked designers, they look okay.

black_13

Banned
NOTHING beats the atrociousness of the First Class posters

191430_195749240455540_170700836293714_553712_3837225_o.jpg
191430_195749243788873_170700836293714_553713_2329810_o.jpg

If these just had the silhouette and not that awful head in the middle then they would've been decent. But I imagine some exec saw that and said "hmm, audiences are too dumb to know the guy in the wheel chair is Xavier. How about we put his head randomly somewhere in there."

SpaceWolf

Banned
gullivers_travels_verhfsvo.jpg

They were not content with butchering a literary classic, they had to butcher the art too.

FUN FACT: Emily Blunt had to turn down the role of Natasha Romanov because of her prior filming commitments to this movie.

Good job, Emily.

Adding to the issues OP noted with HP4's poster, HP6 also has the same issues but also a really dumb title placement.
harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_ver19.jpg

I mean, it's dead obvious it's a Harry Potter movie, but cmon.

It's pretty smart IMO; shows that they know public awareness of the logo is high enough that they don't need to include the entire thing in the poster for people to recognize it. It plus the DRAMATIC TILT helps to convey a sense of action in the poster.

Ithil

It's pretty smart IMO; shows that they know public awareness of the logo is high enough that they don't need to include the entire thing in the poster for people to recognize it. It plus the DRAMATIC TILT helps to convey a sense of action in the poster.

On the other hand, the poster is god damn awful. Everyone looks weird and is just standing around in a field in front of London (?). Y Po deserved better.

Manu

There was an earlier version of the Takers poster that didn't even have the right skin tone on Paul Walker.

takers-teaser-poster.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This hot garbage.

MV5BMTA4NjE3OTk1MzdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDMwMTk1Mjgx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

This gets even funnier when you realize that Elijah Wood has two thumbs on the same hand.

This is the shot the poster designer appropriated, and in the process cut off part of Elijah's left thumb and moved it for no reason. You can see that part of the thumb remains in the original location in the poster.

PixelPeZ

I'll see your Bane, and raise you a shitty Batman:

The-Dark-Kinght-Rises.jpg

Seriously. The original version of this was awesome, this sucks

Also, here's Batman staring at a post, and those reflections make no sense at all.

file_40217_0_darkknightintl.jpg

And here's a 'Dark and Broody' version of the Adam West Batman

9978573-1340901171-674694.png

Fuchsdh

Same "artist" of the X-Men First Class posters?

This one works far better than the X-Men ones, because at least the space is filled and there's some energy to the silhouettes. The other ones just look like you randomly feathered off the rest of the photos and randomly plopped them into the black mattes.

And yeah, I think Harry Potter wins for worst franchise key art. I don't particularly think Struzan was the right fight for the franchise, either, but there's so much interesting imagery to pull from, even having the same marketing mandates of "have the leads look at the viewer" could have resulted in dramatically more interesting art.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens wins the kitchen sink award. Would be a much nicer piece if they didn't try to throw in every new character that's in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom