• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

FluxWaveZ

Alright, I get what you mean by letting him live and there being an NK at Night Phase 1 being an indicator that he was lying.

But, then again, there's always the possibility that they'll hold back, regardless of giving PRs a free night to do their thing. And then suspicion is alleviated on Style for a large part of the game moving forward.

Not too sure I get what you're saying here... but before I explain why, can we have a single post explaining exactly what Style's supposed ability is?

What's this thing about two targets at night? Can he use both of his powers on a single night?

Actually, I'd appreciate that too, I'm a little confused myself

Style, could you tell us the specific, EXACT mechanics of your role? How you send the command (don't necessarily have to tell us the command), when the command is sent, how target is determined/if there if a target, if command is an activated passive or an active action on someone, and any and all rules on simultaneous actions/which action you use

FluxWaveZ

In any case, you're way too quick to jump on someone who is taking the natural "don't risk a PR lynch" day 1 stance just because you absolutely believe that this person is scum

Last post iirc by you on Style. So unless you are already suspicious of him, why do you immediately feel his claim is bs again?

It's because of the claim that I feel it might be BS. I was going to let Style continue to be crazy without bothering to vote on him again until now.

Alright, I get what you mean by letting him live and there being an NK at Night Phase 1 being an indicator that he was lying.

But, then again, there's always the possibility that they'll hold back, regardless of giving PRs a free night to do their thing. And then suspicion is alleviated on Style for a large part of the game moving forward.

And any tracker we have isn't tracking him? Any cop not checking him? Any vig. not going after the declared PR who is still alive on day 3 despite being a declared PR with a vigilante shot left?

I just need to know the mechanics of his heal, because he made it sound like he sends his action and scum are guaranteed to not have a kill that night

Verelios

I really didn't want to do this, but I'm still the vote lead and I won't have much time tomorrow to participate in the final deadline hours. My hand has been twisted enough, sorry for doing revealing it this early, I caved in. I've done some really bad play and underestimated the game.

I'm a power role. My Persona of the Sun Arcana has the power to both nullify a kill at night and to kill someone at night. Both a one time use. Now that the cat is out of the bag it's useless because I have to use it on myself this night anyway, but it'll be useless anyway if I don't even survive the day.
Huh, that's a weird role but I can be optimistically taken for a night. This sounds more like a neutral power than a town power though, especially with how strong it is.

The way it seems he described it was he sends a command with no target and it blocks a kill. If there are more than one nk targets, he will be told and needs to choose who to protect.

I am wondering if he can use both in one night.

Role actually sounds very familiar but I'd prefer to ask questions rather than assume.

The way it seems he described it was he sends a command with no target and it blocks a kill. If there are more than one nk targets, he will be told and needs to choose who to protect.

I am wondering if he can use both in one night.

Role actually sounds very familiar but I'd prefer to ask questions rather than assume.

Yeah, parsing through it and I'm coming to a similar conclusion

It's a night command I have to PM. Only specified if there's two targets on a night.

Read the above, I don't get to see who the target is unless there's two. Calling out your role makes you an easy target so if I make it through this I have to use the potion no matter what.

It would seemingly confirm the presence of a secondary kill possibility, whether it be vigilante, SK, poisoner, etc. That's not too surprising

I would hope any vigilante knows to not act night one in general, and especially if style isn't lynched. If there's a kill tomorrow, Style will claim he prevented a 2nd, and I'd prefer we know for certain that scum either had a 2nd kill or there was an SK if he turns out to not be lying

Style, does that mean you're told who would be killed if there are two or more targets? Also, is your ability specifically limited to two max, or does the role pm leave the possibility for more kills at night to occur? And if you have to choose between two, would that choice be made by the mods pm'ing you before day start?

I'm not really sure what to think about this role claim.

One the one hand, Style made no attempt to hide that his role contains killing, which makes me feel like he's town. I feel like a scum/anti-town neutral player would just say (read: lie about) the doctor part. But like Hyper said, this is easily checkable if he survives to night phase.

...Then again, he could also be trying to cover his ass too. If he gets tracked during night phase and the person he's tracked to dies (and is town, of course), he could just claim "I missed my vig kill."

Then again, I don't think scum is dumb enough to have him blow his specific killing ability (if he even has one) or if they would have him perform an NK (That's how that works, right? Night Kills are performed by a specific scum player? I've only been scum for half a game >.>; )

Maybe I should go to sleep before I write more contradictory stream of consciousness

If he's scum, worst case scenario he has a poison or a kill that erases role reveal or a 2nd kill and scum have decided to go for broke and try to get him to survive one night

But again, I don't think scum would design a role claim that mentions he has a 1 shot vigilante power if that was the case. Scum know a scum Style is doomed tomorrow, why would they need a justification for him moving on another night or getting caught visiting someone that dies? Just by bringing up vigilante part of claim, they put the idea in town's head that Style might just be trying to get an extra kill off before being lynched.

Style

Banned
@Hyperactivity and Flux

I have to submit my action through PM.

It says something like "using the command blah blah blah i can block a kill on another player" and "using the command blah blah blah i can take out another player", both can only be used once. I have to submit it before night ends if I want it to work that round. I actually had contact crim because I'm pretty confused about how it works myself.

If more than two players are fated to die on a night I use it, I am presented with a choice.

Verelios

Hm? 1 time shield and 1-shot? Requisite for choosing who to shield is if there's a double kill that night, I'm guessing the shot doesn't have that condition.

Am I about right?

Style

Banned
Hm? 1 time shield and 1-shot? Requisite for choosing who to shield is if there's a double kill that night, I'm guessing the shot doesn't have that condition.

Am I about right?

No condition on shot from what I know. I have to provide a target with the command.

Sorian

Banned
I really didn't want to do this, but I'm still the vote lead and I won't have much time tomorrow to participate in the final deadline hours. My hand has been twisted enough, sorry for doing revealing it this early, I caved in. I've done some really bad play and underestimated the game.

I'm a power role. My Persona of the Sun Arcana has the power to both nullify a kill at night and to kill someone at night. Both a one time use. Now that the cat is out of the bag it's useless because I have to use it on myself this night anyway, but it'll be useless anyway if I don't even survive the day.

Ok, first off, no one should be voting to kill a protection role at this point, the 7 of you sitting on that are helping more than hurting even if Style is actually scum. You don't lynch a PR claim on day 1 so shove off.

Second, you're not doing yourself any favors trying to explain this power so I need you to tell us if you are a http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doctor or a http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/database/mafia-roles/role/?mafiarole=Pope because you sound like you are explaining the second one but that would be an extremely powerful role to be both a pope and a 1-shot vig.

Nah, that doesn't seem like you

Your partners are Style and natiko. Semi-serious here:

-Natiko is entirely a conspiracy theory, but I didn't want to give them so easy a pass for one early post

-Style definitely feels like if he was scum, he could be partnered with you. No offense, but based off of your bussing scum victory, you and melon in super mini, etc. you're not so good at the getting heat off of other teammates backs or helping them work through a situation :p. I can easily see you giving advice and Style going too far in whatever direction you nudged him towards. I sorta doubt Natiko AND Style would be with you.

-On fran - I can easily see him trying to go for town leader, I can see why others might say so, but not even for dominating conversation so much as most of his posts not registering with me or seeming a little off or easy, I don't really consider him such. Closest thing to a town leader is maybe Ty4on, you seem relatively less prominent than usual.

Take it how you will with my defense of Natiko. What I've said is my face value read that I'm presenting, maybe the secret is that I'm a mason with him.

Banned
I'll believe Style's role-claim for now. I'm presuming that tonight Style will choose to protect (or whatever the the command is) and then no one should be dead come day two. If someone is I'm guessing Style will report in with who he saved.

UNVOTE

Sorian

Banned

Just for your protection power, I don't care about your killing power for the purposes of this question. You said something more direct in the last post anyway.

So I guess my question now is do you target the person you intend to save or do you target a person to stop them from killing?

@Hyperactivity and Flux

I have to submit my action through PM.

It says something like "using the command blah blah blah i can block a kill on another player" and "using the command blah blah blah i can take out another player", both can only be used once. I have to submit it before night ends if I want it to work that round. I actually had contact crim because I'm pretty confused about how it works myself.

If more than two players are fated to die on a night I use it, I am presented with a choice.

When would you be presented the choice though? After the night phase ended, when mod knows there are two kills going through? If you don't respond in time, would the day start be delayed to give you reasonable time to respond?

Verelios

I'll believe Style's role-claim for now. I'm presuming that tonight Style will choose to protect (or whatever the the command is) and then no one should be dead come day two. If someone is I'm guessing Style will report in with who he saved.

UNVOTE
Just because no one died at night doesn't preclude him from being scum, it's just that hitting a claimed PR is pretty bad.

Sorian

Banned
This line of questioning is done. Style should not and will not be the lynch target today. This is so insanely easy to prove that anyone pushing for the lynch is junk.

The issue I'm seeing on my part is that if more than one are fated to die, mods can only know that after actions are submitted. Either style gets an extremely short window before crimson decides to RNG the save, or he never had a choice, or crimson might delay the game a bit to give him more decent time, or night actions would be locked a little earlier than normal]

2 of these options basically confirm style's role

Sorian

Banned
I have no idea what a reviver is.

Near the end of the night phase, the moderator lets you know everyone who is supposed to die and you get to choose to keep one of them alive instead of of them dying. It sounds like you actively choose ahead of time which night you want to save someone then if one person is supposed to die, they just live instead with no further input from you and if multiple people are supposed to die then you are asked who out of the multiple you want to live? Does that sound right?

So uh, if a NK happens tonight, and Style tries to say 2 did, this could well be ridiculously easy to prove

Either the day start is slightly delayed or the night actions don't have a 1-2 hour before day start deadline

Sorian

Banned
Might as well talk mechanics so walk me through this.

Scum would have to have another very specific power and would have to nerf themselves a bit to even prove this if he were scum. They'd have to hold their kill tonight then have a double kill ability for night 2 because the only sensible play here is for him to stop kills N1 then use his vig kill the next night since he could be dying.

That's already a gamble though because he is likely dead if tomorrow rolls around and another entity performed a kill. He can try to talk it away like he had two options but the lynch mob isn't going to buy that.

Another, murkier scenario, is they have a roleblocker which throws a lot of it out of whack but I'm not doing this lynch today on the off chance scum has a roleblocker to fuck everything up.

UNVOTE: Style

I messed up the unvote command in my previous post.

The word unvote by itself does still work.

Sorian

Banned
So uh, if a NK happens tonight, and Style tries to say 2 did, this could well be ridiculously easy to prove

Either the day start is slightly delayed or the night actions don't have a 1-2 hour before day start deadline

You're treading on a bit of a meta line IMO if I'm being honest.

Scum would have to have another very specific power and would have to nerf themselves a bit to even prove this if he were scum. They'd have to hold their kill tonight then have a double kill ability for night 2 because the only sensible play here is for him to stop kills N1 then use his vig kill the next night since he could be dying.

That's already a gamble though because he is likely dead if tomorrow rolls around and another entity performed a kill. He can try to talk it away like he had two options but the lynch mob isn't going to buy that.

Another, murkier scenario, is they have a roleblocker which throws a lot of it out of whack but I'm not doing this lynch today on the off chance scum has a roleblocker to fuck everything up.

The word unvote by itself does still work.

If they have a roleblocker or some role to counteract him, and Style ends up being town, then good news, we know one of scum's roles!

You're treading on a bit of a meta line IMO if I'm being honest.

Yeah that's the main thing that bothers me

Sorian, how did you work the reviver thing out? When playing mafia in person, you can have someone open their eyes at the end of the "night", but in an open game on forums it's different

Natiko

Banned
Reads List:

11037 – Overall has posted a moderate amount. I get the impression he’s been feeling things out similarly to how I have been. He hasn’t posted too many strong accusations towards anyone, but he did get a vote out with some thought put into it. I would say town.
Suspected – Style; exmachina64; PK Gaming

BlackBuzzard – Was very silent for the majority of the day so far, despite early on telling another player to get his ideas out there and post. Has only had two bigger posting spurts, one to defend FluxWaveZ and one to post a few short opinions of six players. Leaning scum.
Suspected – II-Vanguard-II; Style; StarSketch

II-Vanguard-II – Has posted very, very little. Posted the first day a few times and then three days later to claim he had posted plenty. Then disappeared again. Very hard to get a read on him. I’ll go with null simply because he could be townie that isn’t invested in the game or scum trying to hide. This level of inactivity is so much so that even scum would likely avoid it.
Suspected – Style?

exmachina64 – Put a vote on BlackBuzzard but when next asked who he suspected named mainly Style and PK Gaming which seemed odd to me. Soft claimed no power role. I’m leaning town but there have been a few suspect moments jumping around in opinions so it’s a very light town read.
Suspected – BlackBuzzard; PK Gaming; Style; II-Vanguard-II; StarSketch

Flatearthpandas – Has gone after franconp very hard and then eventually backed down and switched votes a couple times. His posts have been pretty thought out in parts and he even agreed to be on at a certain time to post reads rapidly. I think he’s town, I don’t think scum would be likely to push so hard on day one.
Suspected – franconp; Style; TheExodu5

FluxWaveZ – Managed to prod people in a few different directions without being overly forceful. Posts are well done with lots of information, but they’re also fairly insular in that I don’t think he has given a wide list of reads as far as I can tell. I’m going to sit on null for Flux, but if PK Gaming and Style are town then this would start shifting to scum.
Suspected – Style; PK Gaming

Franconp – Has really been all over the place. Justified this by discussing that he’s putting pressure on lots of people to try and get reads out of them. I find this believable enough when combined with his approach to picking out players to target. That being said, I think his final list of scum suspects was a bit weak and mainly focused on inactive users with little reason behind it. Leaning town.
Suspected – flatearthpandas; exmachina64; WhereAreMahDragonz; II-Vanguard-II; BlackBuzzard

From here on I’m going from memory mostly because it’s mad late here and not filling in the suspects list.

WhereAreMahDragonz – Replaced an inactive player and has since been somewhat inactive. I don’t believe he has placed a vote anywhere either. I’m leaning scum because I was already suspicious of the person he took over for and he hasn’t done much to alleviate this.

Matt Attack – Has posted very little, but when he does post he tends to share his opinions. He’s also currently working on a reads list (as I am) so I’m inclined to hold off on further judgement. Null for now.

PK Gaming – His earlier inactivity was questionable but has since been rectified. In some ways this concerns me still because it could be him switching playstyles to try and throw off the suspicion he was starting to gain. Scum I think. If he isn’t then Flux is.

plop – Started out a bit slow, but in recent times has stepped it up. Seems thoughtful and tries to be helpful. I get a town read, mainly due to his recent push of helping and insight.

Hyperactivity – New to this game. Going to reserve judgement awhile longer (also this is taking ages, I apologize but it’s 2:30 am here and I should be in bed) (now 3:10 am)

Ty4on – Recent addition to the game. Bit early to get a good feel, but he has been very active. Has given out a good amount of opinions as well. I’m cautiously leaning town but will re-evaluate in the future.

Sorian – Lots of posts, too much to go through at this point. I’ll double back around to Sorian in the future. That being said I think he’s null for now mainly because he’s experienced enough his plays could go either way. I’ll have to dive further into who all he has suspected to get a feel.

StarSketch – She has posted very little. I definitely think some suspicion is earned here; however, I’m inclined to say it may be better to wait and see what happens as this could be a result of her earlier slip up and trying to remain low key as a power role. Leaning town.

Style – Town. A flailing, screaming as he dies town. Likely to be lynched but I won’t put a vote on him at this point. I would be surprised if he lives very long, and if he does then this would likely flip very hard to scum. Claiming that role could be a bold play as scum to buy him time but I’m more inclined to believe it was a dumb play as town (no offense).

TheExodu5 – I don’t have a great feel for him off the top of my head. I feel like he didn’t really post too much of substance at first but I could be wrong. I did look at his reads list and find myself disagreeing with it quite a bit. Seems to give some questionable passes to some people then throw others in as scum for not much of a reason. Leaning scum, but it’s a very light lean.

Verelios – Has been fairly active but honestly I don’t have much of a read on him. Seems a bit overly suspicious of StarSketch and given my hunch about her could mean he’s scum looking to push us to lynch a possible target for them? Null for now though.

Zippedpinhead – Very inactive. Apologized for inactivity and continued to be inactive. Promised to do better but was still fairly inactive. Has only put out one RNG vote then nothing else. Leaning scum looking to hop on an easy target towards the end of the day.

TLDR:

Town – 11037, exmachina64, flatearthpandas, Franconp, plop, Ty4on, StarSketch, Style
Null – II-Vanguard-II, FluxWaveZ, Matt Attack, Hyperactivity, Sorian, Verelios
Light Scum – BlackBuzzard, TheExodu5, Zippedpinhead
Scum – PK Gaming, WhereAreMahDragonz
If PK flips town then Flux is scum. If Flux is scum then BlackBuzzard is scum too. WAMD and Zipped are scummy due to the way they’ve carried themselves in their few posts. TheExodu5 is leaning scum due to his reads list.

VOTE: PK Gaming

Goodnight!

Sorian

Banned
If they have a roleblocker or some role to counteract him, and Style ends up being town, then good news, we know one of scum's roles!

This too.

Yeah that's the main thing that bothers me

Sorian, how did you work the reviver thing out? When playing mafia in person, you can have someone open their eyes at the end of the "night", but in an open game on forums it's different

Night actions were always due 2 hours before deadline in my game (maybe 3?). Burb knew ahead of time that I would be contacting him during that 2-3 hour dead time.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, I'm going to bed, didn't think I'd pop in to a role claim with my last check in. Style conversation is done at this point imo, you never lynch this claim day 1. It's that simple, call me scum if he ends up being a liar, I don't care, the risk isn't worth it. Trying to direct him in what to do also just lets scum see the plan, he's not an investigator or anything so knowing what he is doing ahead of time is not necessary.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, also be decent, no turbos day 1. I figure you all know that but just in case. I'm reloading the tool and it is still counting 11037's vote but without it he is at 5, not a huge thing but don't go nutty over night, thanks.

Style

Banned
I just don't understand why Goku didn't eat his damn medicine. He bought everything Trunks said, but he didn't take the medicine?!

There's also the SK possibility. There a lot of WIFOM. I think the kill will be easier to verify and we'll have more info regardless tomorrow.

Hell no we aren't using the kill lol

Scum could easily do that, and it would be dumb.

Ok, maybe SK comes up, he dies. We now know that either we can expect an SK or scum had a double kill or RB

Hell no we aren't using the kill lol

Scum could easily do that, and it would be dumb.

Ok, maybe SK comes up, he dies. We now know that either we can expect an SK or scum had a double kill or RB
Not tonight. If we feel good about him tomorrow though I don't see why we wouldn't want to use it eventually.

Top Bottom