• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

So I don't know when the right time is to expose something like this, but here goes:

I'm the town doctor. I can save one player (including myself) per night, but not the same player two nights in a row.

I won't be revealing who I healed on which nights because fuck scum. Let them waste time wondering if tonight is a night when I can protect myself or not.

I'm saying this now because I work tomorrow, and Fridays are generally (not always, but generally) busy for me. And because I want to give town time to find a real target to lynch, so there's no speed lynch bullshit like I caused last time. I see where things are headed and want to give ample time for a real vote.

And yes, I know I haven't been a very effective doctor. In my defense, there have been some really odd lynch targets most nights. As for what happened during the days, I gave my best reads. I was right sometimes and wrong others. But it was all honest effort, despite some accusations that I was picking easy targets toward the end. When you're new, what are you going to see first: The well-hidden targets or the easy ones? I did my best.

Also, I won't be changing my vote to Hyper, despite the fact that he looks scummy as fuck to me right now. I want him to survive the day. I want him to die after me. I want everyone to see I was telling the truth. And I want them to grind him into paste.
Hey, I said before I'm competitive.

If it turns out he's town, I'll buy y'all a Coke.

See you in the funny pages.

Oh no you don't

For one, face value I don't believe it, but I'll go back and see if you could be a doctor

In any case, the only think you can't tell us is if you protected night 3, if you actually want to keep night 4 a secret. So tell us, if you protected night 1, who did you protect? And if you protected night 2, who did you protect?

Oh no you don't

For one, face value I don't believe it, but I'll go back and see if you could be a doctor

In any case, the only think you can't tell us is if you protected night 3, if you actually want to keep night 4 a secret. So tell us, if you protected night 1, who did you protect? And if you protected night 2, who did you protect?

I'm not taking your advice or your commands on shit. You backed me into this corner by creating patterns that weren't there.

"You posted adjacent to scum!" Because only scum does that. And because scum would be dumb enough to be that obvious.

If I get a wide majority asking for who I protected, fine.

Oh god I feel really disgusting right now

Like holy shit I can't believe I, Hyperactivity, am bringing up peeking right now...

Ok, let's get this over with...

Can we agree that a handful of people will help provide any cops we have with cover with some interference fake peeks tomorrow?

It would involve at least a handful of players opening the day tomorrow by saying, if I'm cop I checked so and so last night and they are town.

Enough people do this and it makes it so mafia doesn't know who to kill as the cop, but if the cop is flipped so there after we have a definitive person they checked out as clear.

Typically you want vanilla townies to jump on this grenade as they want to be a shield for the cop. It requires said townie to pick basically their top town person. If you pick wrong and say so and so is town but really they are scum, then mafia knows you are lying and won't nk you.

There's this thing called peeking, and in this situation it could be modified to where you tell us who you WOULD have protected night 1 if you used your power that night, then for night 2, night 3, etc.

Either you spill the beans on the first two nights or you give us the hypothetical for all 3.

Oh god I feel really disgusting right now

Like holy shit I can't believe I, Hyperactivity, am bringing up peeking right now...

Ok, let's get this over with...

There's this thing called peeking, and in this situation it could be modified to where you tell us who you WOULD have protected night 1 if you used your power that night, then for night 2, night 3, etc.

Either you spill the beans on the first two nights or you give us the hypothetical for all 3.

The fact that you're fishing this hard for this info (three nights now) isn't a good look.

I'm not taking your advice or your commands on shit. You backed me into this corner by creating patterns that weren't there.

"You posted adjacent to scum!" Because only scum does that. And because scum would be dumb enough to be that obvious.

If I get a wide majority asking for who I protected, fine.

You didn't post adjacent to scum, ffs.

Go back and read. It's not that difficult, it just involves stringing letters and then words together.

You didn't post adjacent to scum. You defended scum, and went after two players at the same time a confirmed scum did. You worded and timed your replies such that they appeared to back up and build upon what a confirmed scum had said, in conversation with him. You were a top town read of a player with a role that would logically be played going after top town reads, and the next day he ends up dead. And that player was 95% not killed by a neutral.

You finding me scummy doesn't somehow mean my points don't have a strong grounding in reality. If I was discussing the tone of your posts to describe why I found you scummy (which was how my unease about you had originally grown), yeah, there's an argument to be made about me spinning a narrative. But that's not what happened here.

Even if you somehow are actually the doctor, this is on you and your fuckups. Those are what backed you into this corner here; if I didn't have solid evidence here, then I doubt the most town read player for day 1 would be up for the lynch right now.

At least n1 and 2 would be safe. Not that it really matters. We can't verify without a flip and there's no evidence that he ever stopped any kills.

Worst case scenario is that he's telling the truth and reveals who can't be protected tonight so definitely don't spill n3.

You didn't post adjacent to scum, ffs.

Go back and read. It's not that difficult, it just involves stringing letters and then words together.

You didn't post adjacent to scum. You defended scum, and went after two players at the same time a confirmed scum did. You worded and timed your replies such that they appeared to back up and build upon what a confirmed scum had said, in conversation with him. You were a top town read of a player with a role that would logically be played going after top town reads, and the next day he ends up dead. And that player was 95% not killed by a neutral.

You finding me scummy doesn't somehow mean my points don't have a strong grounding in reality. If I was discussing the tone of your posts to describe why I found you scummy (which was how my unease about you had originally grown), yeah, there's an argument to be made about me spinning a narrative. But that's not what happened here.

Even if you somehow are actually the doctor, this is on you and your fuckups. Those are what backed you into this corner here; if I didn't have solid evidence here, then I doubt the most town read player for day 1 would be up for the lynch right now.

Except that a big mistake at the end of yesterday gives an opportunist a chance to get a free town lynch.

Your points have strong grounding in reality? Your points that I sided with scum? That I vote and agree with scum? If you're pulling all that out of what I've done, it's because you're connecting dots to support a presupposed narrative. You built this.

There have been a few posts here and there with people wondering where my allegiances lie, but that seems fairly normal. But you? "HOLY SHIT GUYZ OMG HE'S SUCH SCUM LOOK AT THE STUFF I'M FINDING WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACTS THAT DON'T FIT MY NARRATIVE!"

That's your doing. It's amazing you'd already try to shift the blame for your actions onto me when you're not even on the chopping block yet. Already getting that excuse ready. Fantastic.

Hey guys, it's my fault that he sees someone who has zero reason to support scum as scum. Totally me.

The fact that you're fishing this hard for this info (three nights now) isn't a good look.

Right, that's it. It's not that I want to not let a scum get off with some easy ass claim and nothing else. It's not that I'd rather have some sort of info in case scum have a method to circumvent your power and kill you.

No, I'm fishing for info...

And yes, I know I haven't been a very effective doctor. In my defense, there have been some really odd lynch targets most nights. As for what happened during the days, I gave my best reads. I was right sometimes and wrong others. But it was all honest effort, despite some accusations that I was picking easy targets toward the end. When you're new, what are you going to see first: The well-hidden targets or the easy ones? I did my best.

Also, I won't be changing my vote to Hyper, despite the fact that he looks scummy as fuck to me right now. I want him to survive the day. I want him to die after me. I want everyone to see I was telling the truth. And I want them to grind him into paste.
Hey, I said before I'm competitive.

If it turns out he's town, I'll buy y'all a Coke.

Oh well, gonna have to work with what I have.

Right, so what does this mean? N1, Sorian, the most established town leader, was killed. N2, FluxWaveZ, an active player who was basically confirmed as town, was killed. N3 is the only "odd" one so far, in that neither a confirmed townie nor a claimed tracker were killed, but both were lower activity players compared to the generally higher activity town leader type that helped keep the thread going and that was killed.

Night one was myself because I didn't trust anyone. I thought about protecting Sorian, but wasn't sure on him either. Hindsight is a bitch.

Night two was flateartpandas. He was first to push for Exodu5's lynch, so I figured that outed him as town to most of us. So they'd either want retribution or they'd want to kill the closest thing to a sure thing they we had. They didn't.

There have been a few posts here and there with people wondering where my allegiances lie, but that seems fairly normal. But you? "HOLY SHIT GUYZ OMG HE'S SUCH SCUM LOOK AT THE STUFF I'M FINDING WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACTS THAT DON'T FIT MY NARRATIVE!"

Alright, give me the facts

You're talking about narratives, you're talking about why I'm scummy, where your proof that you are town? You've tried (and imo, missed the point) to say why some of my arguments as to why you were scum weren't really that indicative of scumminess, you've talked about everyone town-reading you day 1.

I want to hear reasons why you're town.

Because the only one building narratives right now is you. What actual evidence or proof do you have of me specifically choosing to pounce on you after you led the exmachina64 lynch? There is none. What evidence do you have of me defending scummy players, whose alignments we have actually confirmed? You have none.

I mean, seriously, your main argument against me right now is that it isn't FAIR that I go after you right now? Are you kidding me?! Should we have given Style another day after night 1 because it would be opportunistic of any player to go after him then? Maybe I've been playing mafia wrong, clearly I was really meant to be going after players that don't fuck up and implicate themselves all this time.

Natiko

Banned
Well about the only thing I can say for certain right now is my day end vote won't be for Hyper or plop. If one of you is lying it'll be revealed through who scum targets. If you both keep living you'll both be lynched. I frankly don't trust either of you for shit so I'd rather stick with my original thoughts than be convinced by either of you when both look scummy to various degrees.

Well about the only thing I can say for certain right now is my day end vote won't be for Hyper or plop. If one of you is lying it'll be revealed through who scum targets. If you both keep living you'll both be lynched. I frankly don't trust either of you for shit so I'd rather stick with my original thoughts than be convinced by either of you when both look scummy to various degrees.

Just...

Just read through pages 5 through 10. PLEASE. I'm not asking for trust, I honestly feel like the evidence stands on its own, independent of me. Just read through those pages and Ty4on's read list.

It's not a matter of trusting me.

Alright, give me the facts

You're talking about narratives, you're talking about why I'm scummy, where your proof that you are town? You've tried (and imo, missed the point) to say why some of my arguments as to why you were scum weren't really that indicative of scumminess, you've talked about everyone town-reading you day 1.

I want to hear reasons why you're town.

Because the only one building narratives right now is you. What actual evidence or proof do you have of me specifically choosing to pounce on you after you led the exmachina64 lynch? There is none. What evidence do you have of me defending scummy players, whose alignments we have actually confirmed? You have none.

I mean, seriously, your main argument against me right now is that it isn't FAIR that I go after you right now? Are you kidding me?! Should we have given Style another day after night 1 because it would be opportunistic of any player to go after him then? Maybe I've been playing mafia wrong, clearly I was really meant to be going after players that don't fuck up and implicate themselves all this time.

I was first to go after Style day two.

I was among the first to throw shade at Exodu5 day one. Did I vote for him? Nope. I was stuck on PK. Oops.

I've been here since day one, giving reads, giving opinions, casting votes. I've given flat out honest reads about everyone. I don't coast in the background. I don't disappear. I don't hide.

But yeah. Sometimes, my reads aligned with bullshitters. That makes me scum. Absolutely. You've got me pegged. It's my fault.

Vote: plop

It's funny. I now know how exmachina64 felt at the end of day three. Doing nothing really wrong only to have someone invent a narrative that didn't exist.

The difference is, I owned that shit. I know I fucked up. Hyper is already clearing the path for himself when it's discovered that I'm town. It wasn't his fault he pushed for this. It was mine. I was just asking for it.

I'm waffling here. But basically I think plop needs to claim the d3 protection before the end of day. Naturally on one of the pr claims (himself, vanguard, sketch). Providing plop is not the lynch, anyone have an issue with this?

Plop, don't do anything yet.

Ugh I'm getting really worked up. Sorry. Shit happening in my personal life.

Anyway, you have my story. You have my post history, you have my vote. Do with me as you will. I'm not likely to live long even if I'm not lynched, so whatever.

Goodnight folks.

I'm fucking sick of people voting themselves this game. Machina is more at fault for that lynch than you are, quit being dumb. Your flipping town is not going to out hyper as scum.

You led a lynch on a doomed scum we had all agreed would be lynched the next day if there had been any kills:

This line of questioning is done. Style should not and will not be the lynch target today. This is so insanely easy to prove that anyone pushing for the lynch is junk.

A. Was sorta iffy earlier, mainly relating to my belief of a scum teammate helping them or not

B. Already had been voted on by people I suspected of being scum

C. If his claim is bs, we still get scum tomorrow. If scum are willing to go out of there way to save a fellow scummate by no killing, they give any prs a free day to work. If there is a NK and he wasn't lying, we have an idea of scum's possible powers. If we get a NK, he was scum, and scum don't NK, we know we have a vig./SK

That being said, I'm confused as to whether his role just stops an NK or is a doctor role.

I suppose his seeming lack of concern about his lynch earlier, or whatever it was, does bother me if he is indeed a PR.

But again, like with my main concern about him - does that seem like a PR that scum would design?

He didn't even put up a defense for himself, and if anything, set you up for your "slam dunk":

AB2KcKW.png

I messed up. Not even going to bother explaining myself out of it.

I was among the first to throw shade at Exodu5 day one. Did I vote for him? Nope. I was stuck on PK. Oops.

"Throwing shade", according to plop:

It made me chuckle, but I was thinking the same thing.

Hmmmm...that's a good point.

At the same time, the fact that you're so quick to then point the finger at him is odd too.

Hmmmm...

By "point the finger," I mean vote, not just accuse.

Although you may just be applying pressure.

Hmmmmm...

Unless you're referencing your shade thrown at TheExodu5 on page 15, which was about his use of the bus phrase, in which case, no, you weren't the first one, Sorian at the very least beat you to it.

I've been here since day one, giving reads, giving opinions, casting votes. I've given flat out honest reads about everyone. I don't coast in the background. I don't disappear. I don't hide.

But yeah. Sometimes, my reads aligned with bullshitters. That makes me scum. Absolutely. You've got me pegged. It's my fault.

If anything, the self-vote makes me feel more sure about my suspicion. You're on a scum team where 2 members were lynched in the first two days. Based off of your (including Style's) interactions, at least on day 1, the scum team is in a disarray of sorts at this moment. If Sketch is your teammate, you're in a full out panic or forfeit mood right now.

So yeah, go ahead, self-vote

Unvote

You're right. I was being a bitch. Sorry.

I haven't slept in four days. My two year old daughter has strep and my four month old son has croup. There isn't a moment where one of them isn't screaming or crying (not that I blame them).

I'll try to hold it together here. We're just playing a game. Not your guys' fault. Even you, Hyper. 😘

Yeah I had a feeling nothing I said would convince you, Hyper. I could produce a signed document from every other townie here and you'd still be convinced I'm scum. So I'm done trying to convince you. Vote your conscience.

If anything, the self-vote makes me feel more sure about my suspicion. You're on a scum team where 2 members were lynched in the first two days. Based off of your (including Style's) interactions, at least on day 1, the scum team is in a disarray of sorts at this moment. If Sketch is your teammate, you're in a full out panic or forfeit mood right now.

So yeah, go ahead, self-vote

BTW, THIS is building a narrative. It's not that solid, involves a bunch of guesswork, and acts as if I know things I have 0 way of knowing

This is an example of me building a narrative, not my earlier posts

Unvote

I haven't slept in four days. My two year old daughter has strep and my four month old son has croup. There isn't a moment where one of them isn't screaming or crying (not that I blame them).

I'll try to hold it together here. We're just playing a game. Not your guys' fault. Even you, Hyper. 😘

Nah man, you've got priorities. No worries

Besides, I've been in your shoes as both scum and town, so I get that that alone is stressful. Like you said, it's just a game XD

Natiko

Banned
Just...

Just read through pages 5 through 10. PLEASE. I'm not asking for trust, I honestly feel like the evidence stands on its own, independent of me. Just read through those pages and Ty4on's read list.

It's not a matter of trusting me.
I have. I totally get your points, but again if you both are town you'll both be night killed. Simple as that. If you two keep living then you'll both be lynched. Waiting does me no harm on either of you so long as I still think I'm putting my vote on scum. BlackBuzzard has felt like scum frequently since the game beginning. No one, not even himself, has put up much of a defense for him. The thing with you, plop, and even Star for that matter is you're all dead one way or the other. What's dangerous is the scum that isn't in the spotlight, the one that isn't 100% guaranteed to get lynched in the future. It only takes one slipping by in the background while we lynch Town to cause us to lose.

Stop this crap. Exmachina did this and had he not he'd still be alive and BlackBuzzard would be lynched right now. If you're actually town then do something productive. Don't wallow in self pity.
I'm waffling here. But basically I think plop needs to claim the d3 protection before the end of day. Naturally on one of the pr claims (himself, vanguard, sketch). Providing plop is not the lynch, anyone have an issue with this?

Plop, don't do anything yet.
Won't that give scum a very clear target to go after? Especially if plop targeted himself night three and is in fact town.

Hyper, what do you think of the target reveal plan?

Plop, no harm in taking a break. This game can be stressful even if other stuff isn't going on. Still 15 hours out so left in the phase. Won't need the claim right now and not at all if we decide to lynch you.

Natiko

Banned
Looks like I was beaten silly in trying to not tell you to vote for yourself. Sorry for piling on plop, I'm mobile again and didn't see the other posts come in as I was typing out my responses.

Plop, no harm in taking a break. This game can be stressful even if other stuff isn't going on. Still 15 hours out so left in the phase. Won't need the claim right now and not at all if we decide to lynch you.

Okay then. I'm gonna try and catch some sleep. The house is actually quiet (other than my dog snoring next to me).

Verelios

Damn, I come back to a page of weirdness, okay then.

I don't understand what the target reveal would prove or disprove at this point since there was a NK. Anyway, I'm keen on believing Plop for now as Town Doctor, but that leaves me somewhat unsettled since it throws my Fran idea out the bag(+2 HP, maybe a healer, maybe a role blocker/shield), and the rest of the day for Plop to explain himself.

Natiko

Banned
Yeah.

If he tells the truth. If scum believes him.
But in the case that he is scum, he could go "I targeted X last night" as he'd know everyone that's Town and could pick anyone that isn't himself. Then tomorrow when X turned up dead he would just be able to use that as evidence that he was telling the truth. He even has a perfectly built in excuse for picking someone that's likely to be Town and a target anyways because of course the doctor would do that.

But in the case that he is scum, he could go "I targeted X last night" as he'd know everyone that's Town and could pick anyone that isn't himself. Then tomorrow when X turned up dead he would just be able to use that as evidence that he was telling the truth. He even has a perfectly built in excuse for picking someone that's likely to be Town and a target anyways because of course the doctor would do that.
This is not about him earning town cred. It's about offering scum some wine and possibly getting a no kill night tonight.

PK Gaming

Unvote

Aw geez that sucks. Hopefully your living conditions improve and you can get some nice sleep. I can't imagine going without sleep for so many days in a row. If it's too much, you can step down and have someone replace you as well.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Hyperactivity (2)
11037 .1848
flatearthpandas .1898

plop (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz .1811
Hyperactivity .1918
plop .1967 .1975

BlackBuzzard (1)
Natiko .1814
plop .1870 .1967

StarSketch (1)
flatearthpandas .1776 .1898
StarSketch .1787
Natiko .1801 .1814

No active vote for Day 4:
BlackBuzzard
II-Vanguard-II
Matt Attack
PK Gaming
plop (has previously voted)
Septimus Prime
Verelios

Day 4 ends:
bla_1481317200.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Natiko

Banned
Natiko would you mind giving a final read list it very likely that you getting NK'd tonight based on scums NK history.
It hasn't changed much from earlier but I sure will. I'll do that at work and also try and get a few final thoughts together for when I'm dead so you can all more easily reference back to it.

Natiko

Banned
Reads:

Town
II-Vanguard-II
flatearthpandas
Matt Attack

Leaning Town
Verelios

Null
Septimus Prime
WhereAreMahDragonz

Leaning Scum
PK Gaming
plop

Scum
StarSketch
Hyperactivity
BlackBuzzard

That's where my thoughts currently are. I also ordered them from must trustworthy to least trustworthy in my mind currently. If all scum are in the bottom two categories we should win in the end. Just be mindful to keep an eye on the people coasting and currently null. 11037 is a weak town read currently as well so keep an eye on that but to me he feels safer than WAMD or Septimus.

If plop is lynched today and he's confirmed scum then I'm not sure who of the bottom three I would upgrade to just leaving scum. Hyper 100% needs to be lynched if he keeps not getting night killed, especially if myself or Verelios are night killed before him. Star I'm fairly certain is lying about her role claim. BlackBuzzard feels like scum from top to bottom as well and will likely keep my vote on him today.

Natiko

Banned
An addendum to my post above, I will move my vote off of BlackBuzzard and onto someone else if it looks like a tie is about to happen.

Verelios

An addendum to my post above, I will move my vote off of BlackBuzzard and onto someone else if it looks like a tie is about to happen.
No ties today, no shenanigans.

Sorry BB, but with how the vote swung yesterday I can't risk believing your town.

StarSkech
Outing herself pre-game is a very risky move for a scum player
the fact that she's still alive does not automatically implicate her as scum because scum are either hoping that we lynch her so they don't have to waste their NK or not interested because they don't find her powers dangerous even if she finds info of someone no one would believe her. based on the pattern of NKs so far they go for people who post a lot(that's why i'm still here)
plop
is the bigger threat to them if he's telling the truth there is 50/50 chance of him living. i would rather not lynch him today mostly out of caution, also if anyone else is the doctor and can counter claim plop it's time to speak up
PK
i have no reads on him.(cool guy though)
Natiko
is town i tried to pull stuff up on him but it was mostly reactionary to him suspecting me.
WAMD
she needs to take more of a firm stand but for now she's null
And now we get to my prime suspect BlackBuzzard
he's good.
he has managed to dodge a lynch and is barely posting he's the only one that's not giving decisive reads i don't know where he stands that makes him a threat
i don't have anything of note on others so you can consider null reads on them
VOTE:BlackBuzzard

Top Bottom