• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: No plans for Mass Effect Andromeda on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
And that's why Nintendo consoles always are my secondary gaming device. Which doesn't mean I don't love them, but devs other than Nintendo also have games worth playing.

Calm Mind

D4qQXLc.gif

Bioware is doing Nintendo a favor. Woof

Alpha_eX

It's pretty amusing that almost everyone playing this down has a Nintendo themed avatar.

Guilty of this, but I own an Xbox and PS4 for the third party games and expect/buy only the exclusives on Nintendo. I actually love that about Nintendo, I don't have to faff about which platform the game will be better on because it'll always be either Xbox or PS4.

For Mass Effect, I'll get that on PS4 Pro

mindsale

I don't expect any AAA Gen 8 game to come out day and date on XO / PS4 and a tablet, but do you even want them to? It's not like there'll be cloud saves or anything to back up dozens of hours of play on the Switch. Or enough onboard memory to support taxing patches and DLC updates. And hopefully there'll finally be an account system in place that remembers purchases and user data, but who knows?
I'll play my Switch mostly for pick-up-and-play titles like Mario and I'll dock it probably only for Zelda, but I don't think even if it could reasonably play contemporary games that the player base would actually want it to. "My Switch is totally full from Andromeda patches and DLC, wtf???"

killatopak

"it's pretty damn hard to port to the switch but if the switch sells gangbusters we will port it to the switch no matter what."

Ryuuga

Banned
Who is buying a Nintendo Switch and hoping to play XYZ on it? Come on.

Nostalgia. In fact we may as well just copy the first couple of pages for each thread where a dev makes a similar sentiment. That or just posts containing a picture of fox and grapes.

Honestly if they aren't planning on it now it just shouldn't happen. If the Switch sells really well and they decide to port the game like 6/9 months later it'll just be to late for it to sell well then when it doesn't sell well they'll once again tout the line that third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems and use that to just stop supporting it all together.

I'd like to play Andromeda on the go, but I'm not going to wait 6-9 months to do so and neither is anyone else.

arcticice

Switch's debut trailer showcased the game that came out in 2011, so i'd be shocked if any of the upcoming third party AAA titles made their way to Switch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Switch's debut trailer showcased the game that came out in 2011, so i'd be shocked if any of the upcoming third party AAA titles made their way to Switch.

Skyrims Remastered came out a couple months ago.

No surprises here. If Switch is going to have third party support, it will be in the future though I'm still confident it won't happen.

It's certainly a stupid idea to miss a new market with so much buzz in the same month that you are launching your product because Millions of your potential customers are spending 100s of dollars on a new platform and games for that platform. In the end Mass Effect 4 will do well, but this is a loss of sales, I wouldn't be happy on the decision if I held EA Stock.

No one knows how the Switch will do. EA isn't losing sleep over this.

arcticice

Ok...and ? Its not like Fall Out 4 was the best looking game ever either.

So Switch will get Fallout 4 (2015) as well. I clearly wrote "upcoming AAA games"

The point is, Switch's hardware just isn't capable enough to support games that are demanding.

Also, third parties will would wanna see how successful Switch actually is before deciding to invest in it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Frostbite once on mobile devices - the question isnt can the game run on Switch but can we make enough money with on a Switch release that its worth the additional effort.

Ok, let me tell you about the "hey mark, will wii u run ue4?" "Ahahahah no" thread then.

cmonson.gif

On topic, no surprise.

EA doesn't make kids games, do you remember? /s

All I'm saying is that it's just normal if people expect XYZ games to come to Switch, as they teased us with the third party devs list. I wonder why some of you guys seem bothered with this kind of threads.

With the tease, comes expectations and hope.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Unfortunately this was to be expected, especially after the EA statements about Switch. Expect only FIFA for now and probably nothing later if FIFA bombs.

patientx

Isnt this game like all the other EA games using the frostbite engine ? Until we hear from someone that the engine is ported to switch /tegra , there won't be any of those games on switch.

kswiston

20 years of Nintendo gaming in the west should have prepared everyone for this. Especially in the past decade of underpowered consoles that did their own thing.

It's certainly a stupid idea to miss a new market with so much buzz in the same month that you are launching your product because Millions of your potential customers are spending 100s of dollars on a new platform and games for that platform. In the end Mass Effect 4 will do well, but this is a loss of sales, I wouldn't be happy on the decision if I held EA Stock.

Just about any one buying a Switch likely also owns a PS4, Xbox One or gaming PC. They are not missing out on anything.

brawly

Millions? Oh boy. EA is being smart here.

Haunted

I'm expecting Switch third party support to be somewhere between WiiU (year-old ports at launch, no major multiplats, no major exclusives) and Gamecube (worst version of most multiplats, some exclusives).

Haunted

Unfortunately I expect a lot of threads similar to this in the next few months.
GAF might be served well by a policy to only have a thread if a Switch game/version/port of something gets announced, instead of having a thread every time a multiplat is not coming to the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom