• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT10| Aether Revolt - That shit that make your Soul Burn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunoku

Which promos?

These:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/daily-magic-update/update-2017-01-25

card_fan.png

Ashodin

So we came across some spicy tech tonight for my deck

Strength of Arms can make a 1/1 token to crew Aethersphere Harvester. So you can always make sure to have a dude around for the crew cost.

While we're talking about Amonkhet, the Professor's Amonkhet predictions.
* First of all, half a dozen is nowhere near 29, so drop that point you gave yourself for correct Eldritch Moon predictions.
Anyway, the predictions are:
* Bolas will defeat the Gatewatch. None of the Gatewatch will die, though.
* There will not be slaves.
* There will be god cards. Amonkhet will be an enchantment block.
* Following Amonkhet will be a Dominaria set.
* Damnation will be reprinted.

I don't think this will be an enchantment block. Atlazan makes the fourth unlikely, plus it makes more sense as a 2018 25th anniversary set. The Professor wants a Standard reprint of Damnation, but that's not happening for a number of reasons. A Masterpiece reprinting is likely, though, plus it's probably in MM2017.

As for my own guesses.
* The gods will not be enchantment creatures, from the way MaRo keeps on insisting they don't have to be. That points to him getting ahead of complaints that they aren't enchantment creatures.
* There will be an enemy color or shard theme. The gods will have those colors.
* There will be a graveyard theme again, but in a different way than Innistrad. I've previously suggested a "grave wars" theme with heavy graveyard exiling, as you and your opponent fight over having a well-curated graveyard.
* Trap spells and curse enchantments return.
* Unearth returns.
* Desert lands will appear, even if Desert itself doesn't necessarily.
* In addition to the animal people we've seen, major creature types include zombies (mummies), gods, goblins, and merfolk. Goblins and merfolk because, as we've seen with Kaladesh, they want the color characteristic races to mostly be present, and there hasn't actually been a new plane with goblins since Tarkir and merfolk since Theros.

There will definitely not be slaves. Funnily I've been thinking about that just yesterday, WotC usually skirts these issues that go past gratuitous violence.

Gods just mean powerful legendary creatures with indestructible to me and indestructible enchantments are a pain.

Card Boy

Banned
Whats a good place to buy singles from outside local game store as a Aussie. Any good sites online? Looks like Star City Games has $9 USD as their cheapest postage optional internationally.

Santiako

6x 8-0 players going into R9 of #GPBrisbane. They are playing:
Elves x2
Esper Control
Sram Combo
Lantern Control
Dredge

Love the variety :)

Whats a good place to buy singles from outside local game store as a Aussie. Any good sites online? Looks like Star City Games has $9 USD as their cheapest postage optional internationally.

From what I've read channelfireball is pretty good with international sales.

Tunoku

Does anyone know when GP coverage starts today? It's Modern with Paul and Marshall.
Also, there is a Team Constructed event by SCG this weekend. Standard, Modern, Legacy. That could be pretty cool depending on how thet do coverage for it. Hoogland, Nelson, and BBD are one of the teams.

Santiako

Does anyone know when GP coverage starts today? It's Modern with Paul and Marshall.
Also, there is a Team Constructed event by SCG this weekend. Standard, Modern, Legacy. That could be pretty cool depending on how thet do coverage for it. Hoogland, Nelson, and BBD are one of the teams.

Live video coverage of Grand Prix Vancouver 2017 begins Saturday at 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET/5 p.m. UTC. in www.twitch.tv/magic

bigkrev

The SCG Balt format is really cool that Wizards should steal but they would fuck it up by making it Standard/Block/"Our original idea for standard rotation till you fucks complained and we had to walk it back"

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I still don't understand why readers should side with the rebellion aside from baral and tezzeret being dicks and disposing those does not require all out revolution with a government takeover afterwards.

Because that requires really stellar factional writing. Or at least commiting to making the consulate obviously bad.

So I assume this is their take on Sobek: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

Reading this makes me thing that it's gonna be a RWG card. I wonder if the block really is gold, they might rename the Shards to whatever the Gods are called.
After reading about Sobek, I think it could be something like:

Crocquet, God of the Wild - 1RGW
Legendary Creature - God
Flying, indestructible
When Crocquet, God of the Wild enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains indestructible, haste, and lifelink until end of turn.
Crocquet can't attack or block unless you have red, green, and white cards in your graveyard.
(4): Exile target card from a graveyard. Any player may activate this ability.
6/6

The SCG Balt format is really cool that Wizards should steal but they would fuck it up by making it Standard/Block/"Our original idea for standard rotation till you fucks complained and we had to walk it back"

What is it?

Live from the GP Van Floor:

I'm 1-0, and Dear God is Tron/Valakut/Eldrazi everywhere. My entire row was about 50% Tron, with the other decks I caught being Valakut, Eldrazi, and Fish.

Meanwhile, I'm the one fool who is still playing GW Hatebears.

Santiako

GP Van Round 2 feature match, Abzan Coco vs Eldrazi Tron

Live from the GP Van Floor:

I'm 1-0, and Dear God is Tron/Valakut/Eldrazi everywhere. My entire row was about 50% Tron, with the other decks I caught being Valakut, Eldrazi, and Fish.

Meanwhile, I'm the one fool who is still playing GW Hatebears.

Good luck!

y2dvd

Great game by the Boss Ross. Loving the Legacy Infect deck representing so far lol. That's one thing I gotta learn - how to be patient. I would've just dropped my Blighted Agent on T2. This dude never casted it.

Went 4-0 at FNM with UR Dynavolt. Prize packs were pretty sweet. Got a Mechanized Production, foil Felidar Guardian, and masterpiece Ensnaring Bridge.

Santiako

Two monitors bro ;)

Interesting to see BBD on Miracles. I don't think I've seen him play Legacy before.

I have them in two windows, but it's hard to focus on both and do other stuff at the same time :p

Also, BBD just top4'd a Legacy GP with miracles last month.

Wulfric

Found a Japanese Breya deck at Walmart. Must have been a mishap from the distributor. Worth it? The Daretti and Breya are pretty sweet.

I tied Abzan Round 2, thanks to the little Engine that could(Seagate Wreckage is nuts in grinding) currently 2-0-1

I remember people claiming it would be all tron after Twin ban. It's becoming truer by the day.
Tron has no bad matchups now that it's finally not just GR. Each different color pair just covers another weakness, and the core is the same.

Eldrazi Tron is going to get something banned, believe me. 16 Conditional Sol or better lands is beyond dumb.

Tunoku

Bought it. I wonder if it's worth searching for Atraxa. A few guys on Reddit said their local stores had the whole set. Eh, I got nothing better to do. xD

Definitely give it a shot if you have the time. Atraxa alone is worth the effort!

EDIT: I wonder, would it be enough if they just banned Expedition Map or Ancient Stirrings?

Tron doesn't need any bannings, c'mon.
I'm not saying Tron Tron, but Eldrazi Tron. Eldrazi Tron is 16 lands that break the "Lands are generally to tap for 1" idea, that just got a bunch of new toys(See Ballista, which lets it machine gun the board).

Ancient Stirrings shouldn't be banned, because it's the sole card that lets Lantern Control Exist. I do think it is stupid how it's basically a 1 Mana "Dig 5 and pick what you want" for Modern though, while Blue's best thing like it is 1 Mana more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom