• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Burbeting

Banned
great, just realized that PSA was near bottom of 50ppp page

gotta repeat myself now

Do I look like I'm supposed to know what Patreon is? What do you think I'm roleplaying as, bear? Do I look like I'm posting like some kind of tech-savvy Millennial on top of the highly convenient and oh-so accessible internet-based money-making scene, Burbeting? Are you even paying attention, Burb? Are you even paying attention?

But I heard this retirement home has its own Patreon page... to support our bingo.

Thanks sweetie, I try my best. Any thoughts on already being one of the biggest topics of discussion despite not being anywhere near as disruptive as last game?

*snip*

Well, I was quite GAFia-renowned back in the Day, you know

I'm... kind of a big deal ¬_¬

*snip*

I for one have no clue if I should read into your different approach or not. Like CCS though I'll say it's a welcome improvement on the surface. Those viewing you as a negative surprise me because thus far I don't think you've really done anything negative. Unless shitposting counts but lots of people do that so..

It's because I've elevated the medium into an art form unto itself, probably

Bronx-Man

Banned
If you wanna see town win, donate to my kickstarter immediately. A $100,000 donation gets you a free "Thanks for Playing!" PM straight from Retro himself.

*snip*

24. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

*snip*

btw, PSA: once your time has inevitably come, I'd like to see more departed players dropping a Last Will down, k?

The shitposting shouldn't stop just 'cause you're dead, yeah?

for my 50ppp friends

Faddy

Banned
also here you go Blarg:

acohrs:

Faddy [m] — SCOTTISH RUGBY FAN (THEREFORE PROBABLY SCUM)

Do I get the pariticipation ribbon now?

I feel this post was made out of fear.

Fear of a Scotland team with invention and guts that will storm Twickenham.

acohrs

I feel this post was made out of fear.

Fear of a Scotland team with invention and guts that will storm Twickenham.

Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif

We will see old chum, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Any thoughts on this game though?

VOTE: nin1000

Where are you, my favorite wedding guest?
I never got the point of these sort of votes. They do absolutely nothing to bring someone back if they are away and they also don't do anything to show where they are thinking. All it does is show some "concern" over nothing at the beginning of the game.
I've never seen it used that way, I don't know why that accusation came about in Zelda.

Why are we discussing past games and general Mafia strategy again?

VOTE: squidyj

Ask a better question (or justify your previous one).

And to add onto this not sure how many people answered squidy's question but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or more scum players be among them since answering that could be considered to be a townie thing to do.

But also Splinter, I'm wondering what you'd rather talk about instead on D1? There's really nothing else to base things when dealing with other players starting the game and ignoring past behavior is not exactly useful. At the very least it got the ball rolling on some discussion as opposed to the nonsense going beforehand.

Kawl_USC

Squidys question was a good opportunity to get on my soap box and politely request town players to step their shit up, which has been a running motif of mine for a while. Not to mention getting input from the more insightful players into what they pertain as anti town is neat. Different folks see different things. Sharing that info is nice.

Sure you can argue "but it tells scum what to look out for and avoid" but anti town behavior is anti town behavior regardless. Behavior is pro town generally when it produces more content to look over which is the most useful thing when it comes to catching scum. And it's not the scum players who need these tips that we should be fearful of, it's the ones who already know all of it that are the insidious ones.

Ourobolus

Banned
swamped (1)
sorian 62 (135)
verelios 396

kawl_usc (0)
ccs 65 (328)

lone_prodigy (0)
verelios 71 (396)

wherearemahdragonz (0)
burbeting 72 (301)

verelios (2)
faddy 90
sorian 135

burbeting (1)
kalor 96

kyanrute (1)
squidyj 99

oceanicair (1)
natiko 152

blargonaut (2)
gryvan 158
bronx-man 215

crab (1)
swamped 159

bronx-man (1)
blargonaut 212 (217)
blargonaut 217 (342)
theworthyedge 221
blargonaut 383 (392)

fat4all (0)
acohrs 275 (281)

acohrs (0)
blargonaut 342 (383)

nin1000 (1)
burbeting 378

squidyj (1)
*splinter 388

Day 1 ends:
red_1488578400.png

Majority is 13.

Kalor

I knew that there was going to a bunch of activity since my last post but not this much, even if most of it was fluff. I don't even have much to say about it because it all blends together.

I see no reason to lynch Blarg unless he is scummy. Someone will try to lynch him at some point under the guise of being disruptive but that reason is just a waste of a lynch.

Also I support the numerous calls for town to step up. I've been guilty of letting myself just coast along as town in the past but that doesn't win games, especially if multiple people are doing.

*Splinter

But also Splinter, I'm wondering what you'd rather talk about instead on D1? There's really nothing else to base things when dealing with other players starting the game and ignoring past behavior is not exactly useful. At the very least it got the ball rolling on some discussion as opposed to the nonsense going beforehand.
I don't have a pre-packaged topic I'd like everyone to discuss - otherwise we'd already be discussing it. I also didn't say we should ignore past behavior, if that's what you're suggesting?

If you mean Squidy's question "got the ball rolling" then I'd have to disagree. A couple of people have answered in isolation but these are general Mafia strategies being described, nothing related specifically to this game or that could possibly be useful for determining alignments. You could just as easily ask that question before the game started, or after it ends.

Now I'll agree that any attempt to get the ball rolling is better than nothing, that's the only reason I didn't attack Squidy's question as soon as he asked it. But time has passed, responses have happened, other discussion has happened. It's time for squidy to either justify how he expected his question to be useful or admit that it's a non-topic and make a more sincere contribution to the game.

Since he has specifically prodded people to go back and answer his question I'd be curious to hear his attempt at the former.

Seems I've missed a bit of Blarg shotposting, meta game discussion, a bit of unease around CCS, a really long post from Burbeting (a good post, tho), and Sorian taking a nap.

Anything else?

nin1000

Banned
I greet every single one of you.
Had to move from one place to another, so i did not get the chance to post until now.
Everything is fine and i am good to go.
gl and hf everyone.

to be frank, i did not care to read anything until now since i think it will be very much useless, but then again something might pop up if i might read it.

Will leave it at "no read" for the moment. Sorian will hopefully give me a summary if i start asking questions like this.

Can someone give me a summary ?​

Thanks in advance :)

Burbeting

Banned
The thread is pretty short, and 50% has been shitposting from people. You should be able to manage to read the thread through :).

unvote

nin1000

Banned
The thread is pretty short, and 50% has been shitposting from people. You should be able to manage to read the thread through :).

unvote

Since its only 9 pages i will do that. But dont expect me to give out town reads / scum reads that early into the day phase. I am terrible at them : /

gryvan

Any other thoughts about the game so far?

Bronx imo being extremely aggressive this game. First time ive seen it ever which comes out a bit of shock

Sorian being quieter than usual

Blarg is blarg

Burb supporting blarg was a bit...weird to say the least.

Im still looking through posts because im on mobile and blargs unending post that i had to go through so ill post some more later

Swamped

Banned
Ahhh just ate some guacamole. It's hard to eat the chips without teeth though...

Vote:Swamped

We've got a page of discussion, discounting Blarg, regale me with your thoughts.

Why me?

Well, I was quite GAFia-renowned back in the Day, you know

More like notorius lol

Either Burb's posts are triggering my alarm bells for some reason, or I have tinnitus.

Or both.

Actually I felt the same way...Seems Dragonz really liked his long post though.

Dragonz, do you like Kawl's posts as well?

Bronx-Man

Banned
my heart's BIG, it pumps BLOOD

i like to FIGHT, TOO

I LIKE TO EAT

I LIKE TO HAVE CHILDREN

I'M A MAN, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE, THIS IS WHAT WE DO

y'know oddly enough blarg not acting horribly disruptive and unhelpful is actually making me think he is more likely to be scum.

not a big fan of burb transforming himself into the un-official gafia self help guide, but that seems to be stopping already so i guess its no big deal.

as he has just said himself, i dont think that bronx is being more agressive, just more talkative.
also note that his aggression seems to be largely centered around sorian, which could be telling in the future when we find out the alignment of either of them, specifically if we were going by the idea of them being w/w. im sure sorian could probably pull an act like that off, but past experience makes me think that bronx isnt quite that good an actor.

Bronx-Man

Banned
y'know oddly enough blarg not acting horribly disruptive and unhelpful is actually making me think he is more likely to be scum.

not a big fan of burb transforming himself into the un-official gafia self help guide, but that seems to be stopping already so i guess its no big deal.

as he has just said himself, i dont think that bronx is being more agressive, just more talkative.
also note that his aggression seems to be largely centered around sorian, which could be telling in the future when we find out the alignment of either of them, specifically if we were going by the idea of them being w/w. im sure sorian could probably pull an act like that off, but past experience makes me think that bronx isnt quite that good an actor.
I took theatre all four years of high school, thank you very much.

Faddy

Banned
I greet every single one of you.
Had to move from one place to another, so i did not get the chance to post until now.
Everything is fine and i am good to go.
gl and hf everyone.

to be frank, i did not care to read anything until now since i think it will be very much useless, but then again something might pop up if i might read it.

Will leave it at "no read" for the moment. Sorian will hopefully give me a summary if i start asking questions like this.

Everyone is just feeling each other out. Lots of shit posts, non posts, joke posts.

About half of us have put votes out there to drive the game a bit. The three main things I have seen.
*splinter wants us all to be solving things
Burbeting is "worried" about CCS
People have discussed lynching Blarg because they find him annoying

In my opinion day 1 is going to be a long list of time wasting posts. Unless it is a horrifically bad player (like Bronx) I don't think scum will slip up so early and I assume with 24 players there is going to be a lot of power roles that with help shape the game after night 1.

*snip*

Got twenty-four old folks, one big house
Retired, all on couch
Retirement home, you might think it's clean
But really it's quite obscene

Who knows what they're up to
Thinking they're all done with school
Who knows what they think they're up to
Dipping in the community pool

And when they come out, you'd think someone'd shout
When one of them keels over
But lives being over is a part of the routine
For they all barely know the

Mmm, others inside, barely know the others who grind
Apart from the ones they sit beside when the announcement says its eating time
Apart from the ones who spend for them keeping their hearts beating alive
What a shame time had to take away what time they spent being alive

Being a life, being alive
What d'you think they'd say to that
What d'you think they'd belay for'a fact
What d'you think they'd stay if only they could go back to their flats

It's a shame it has to be this way
What a shame life has to flee this way
I wrote some speed metal on page six and what a shame that I did not get paid
What's up with that, and even bingo we've not yet played

What's up with that, when we were promised fun and games
What's up with pacts left broken, and lies obeyed
When Sorian wakes up you know where he'll take you
When Crab acts up he'll fake you

Out, where the take is fluffiest we've got acohrs and CCS
They bicker a lot, are a sporting lot but they need to engage with the rest

Kalor, OA, LP, Faddy
squidyj, gryvan, Dragonz, Worthy
Kyanrute, nin, Swamped, Stanley
Denominator, lowest, mathematically

Speaking of numbers you've got me at
#1 poster, yours truly
You've got the man himself at second but
Bronx can't hope from me to seize

This, is where we're at
The rest don't matter 'cause they're all down-pat:
Burb and Splint and Kawl and Nat
Dreaming one Day they'll step on Bla-t, blat blat

Verelios and franconp are tied
Who knows if they've conspired
Certainly not me, what's up with that
What's up with me ending this on that

Ending this on that
Or this or that
Is what I'd say if I was that
But I'm not this game so take a step back

And now I take a step back​

acohrs

Everyone is just feeling each other out. Lots of shit posts, non posts, joke posts.

About half of us have put votes out there to drive the game a bit. The three main things I have seen.
*splinter wants us all to be solving things
Burbeting is "worried" about CCS
People have discussed lynching Blarg because they find him annoying

In my opinion day 1 is going to be a long list of time wasting posts. Unless it is a horrifically bad player (like Bronx) I don't think scum will slip up so early and I assume with 24 players there is going to be a lot of power roles that with help shape the game after night 1.

Haven't really considered the implications of the number before. The number is higher than an average gafia match. Meaning, either more scum, neutrals, and PRs to speed up the game's pace or it will last longer and be more drawn out.

What really worries me with this many people, coasting will be much easier.

Top Bottom