• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Swamped

Banned
This certainly stops any lynch attempts, what a dumb fucking claim though.

VOTE: Swamped

You're up for your day end shit.

What? Sorian, you're not really making any sense here, and I feel like your defense of Crab is extremely strong, especially when he hasn't really done anything so far to earn it (since it's still extremely early in the game). Why is scum-reading Crab a crime? I had a legitimate reason to. He came into the game with these posts that I read as false concern that town wasn't playing well, and I scum-read that. At that point in the game there was actually plenty to comment on (it was quite late into D1) but he didn't, instead berating everyone, but not really contributing anything himself.

Also, I urge everyone to go back and read his post about why he voted for me. There are many errors in it that lead me to believe he wasn't paying attention to my posts, or that he simply wants to throw suspicion at me in the hopes that others follow:

Swamped is a strong scum read. Sneaks into the game quietly - the firs few posts are just scattered along, not raising any suspicion but slowly integrating herself into the game. Spends time talking about Ouro's day commands. It seemed entirely obvious to me those were not day commands. I think that would seem obvious to any competent player. Swamped is a competent player. Looked like scum "oh I wonder?" ploy to estbalish trustworthy naivety. Casts a vote for me very early - not to be blunt, but I'm always a reasonably threatening player and helping set the stage to FoS me up early is always useful for scum. This vote then never really changes, despite the fact she, for example, foses Faddy around the 460s without changing vote (and added to the fact I don't think a good player scumreads Faddy at this point). Has an incredibly non-committal read list around Sorian and CCS designed to look like material when it actually says "eh, um, shades of grey, either or" - obvious filler.

VOTE: Swamped

Maybe Crab missed this, but both those posts by Ouro were in highlight so obviously I assumed they were day commands. I voted for Crab at first because I felt like having a vote on someone who hadn't really posted yet - it honestly wasn't because you're an 'incredible mafia player' or whatever.

Regarding the Faddy point - I was actually leaning town on him, but was scrutinizing his behavior (as I was other players as well). Is this the post you were referring to? (I deleted stuff about other players but you can click on the link to read it all)

Sorry guys, only just got back and there was a lot of catching up to do. I don't see any obvious scum slips from Faddy and I think he is an over-enthusiastic town at this point. I think it's weird the way everyone is piling on him and scum might want to exacerbate that to get an easy D1 lynch.

VOTE: acohrs

---

Faddy just voted for LP while I was writing this. Not sure how I feel about it, LP feels like an easy inactive lynch at this point.

So, you are wrong in saying I didn't change my vote at all after it was on you.

Additionally - if you think a good town player wouldn't scumread Faddy at this point, why aren't you chasing after Dragonz? She pretty much skirted around the idea of Faddy all D1, and put her vote there in the end. Fran had his vote on Faddy as well (but I haven't really read Fran, will try to make an opinion on him today).

ALSO I think this is the post you are referring to when you refer to my reads on CCS and Sorian:

Can't feel like I can say much about CCS so far, he's one of the top posters, and most of it has been banter but he says he'll write something substantive some time today.

Sorian I always have trouble reading. I strongly scum-read him in an old game, MGS mafia, and I was totally off the mark. So far this game I can't really say one way or another but I like what I see, he's pushing various avenues, not tunneling, and I totally agree with him on Blarg.

I would be wary of Faddy - I really think he's the sort of scum player who could expertly hide behind some well constructed fluff posts, especially with acohrs and CCS in the game.

I'm actually get some good vibes from Stan so far as well. He seems more engaged than most players.

This was really early in the game and honestly it would be weird if I had strong stances on any of those players. I commented on those ones because they were actively contributing at the time - they were some of the top posters. If that's a reason Crab is scum-reading me, I think that's extremely weak, along with the other points he made.

In past games I have been guilty of some strong tunnels. Sometimes I am so sure a player is scum, or even that a player is town (for example Christina MacKenzie in Vampire, I was convinced was town even though everyone scum-read him). So I could definitely be wrong about Crab. I want to give him a chance to post more today so that I can make a better decision about him. But I am still scumreading him so far. Especially with this terrible reasoning FoS me (did I use that term right lol?).

VOTE: Crab

---

I think Faddy is thinking straight. I was leaning town on him on D1 and with his posts today I still do. Keep questioning people's behavior.

---

Looks like a lot transpired, and I'd like to read through D1 end again. Bronx just claimed poison doctor as well. Probably wasn't the best way to go about it, but I believe him.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think scum reading Crab is a crime, plenty of others have done it with no issue from me. I think you, specifically, are facetious.

Swamped

Banned
I don't think scum reading Crab is a crime, plenty of others have done it with no issue from me. I think you, specifically, are facetious.

Ok, there's not much I can do about that. It's the same way I feel about Crab's posts from D1.

---

I'm trying to read through the votes that transpired at the end of D1, and it looks like people are already asking CCS about his vote change, looking forward to hearing from him. In post 1361 Sorian switched from Crab to Squid. He was following the votes until the very end, he asked the 'fence sitters' to come out of the 'woodwork'. His vote change from Crab to Squidy was at 4.59pm pretty much at the end of the day. But at that point nobody was really voting anyway, Squishy was in the lead with 6 votes to 5 Crab votes. So I wonder why he moved his vote. Probably just in case somebody tied the vote. It's not much but I wanted to make a note of it, especially now that we know Squshy was town. But still, I'm not feeling too confident about Sorian either.

---

I'm trying to understand Burb's train of thought when he voted for Kalor regarding the poisoning. So Burb's explanation for his misunderstanding was that there were two poisoners of different alignments. I think this post clarifies it though, but it dosen't mention anything about two poisoners which was Burb's first explanation for his misunderstanding.

So I assumed after reading Crab's post incorrectly, that Crab was Kalor's target, and Kalor was surprised about Stanley coming forward -> going quickly to fish out information, like the poisoning PM.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Crab (2)
Bronx-Man 1452
Swamped 1454

Swamped (1)
Sorian 1431

Kalor (0): Burbeting 1384 1399

Bronx-Man (0): Sorian 1372 1431

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, acohrs, Blargonaut, Burbeting (has previously voted), CCS, Crab, Faddy, flatearthpandas, franconp, gryvan, Kalor, Kawl_USC, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, nin1000, StanleyPalmtree, TheWorthyEdge, Verelios, WhereAreMahDragonz

Day 2 ends:
red_1489010400.png

Automated vote tally here

12 votes for majority

Kawl_USC

Sorry, have been busy since day start and don't have time to do any proper deep reads at the moment.

Natiko kill seems pretty standard, stanley being poisoned isn't great, and bronx claiming poison doctor for no god damn reason is not surprising, but some how is still disappointing.

Is there any world where scum!Bronx jumps on stanley's claim to try and buy himself some time? I don't think he was the most likely person to get lynched today, so I think that it would be a very aggressive move, but trying to give him the botd and determine a rational cause for his play....

Well now that I've written that down I realize that was probably a mistake of a road to go down.

Sorian

Banned
Ok, there's not much I can do about that. It's the same way I feel about Crab's posts from D1.

---

I'm trying to read through the votes that transpired at the end of D1, and it looks like people are already asking CCS about his vote change, looking forward to hearing from him. In post 1361 Sorian switched from Crab to Squid. He was following the votes until the very end, he asked the 'fence sitters' to come out of the 'woodwork'. His vote change from Crab to Squidy was at 4.59pm pretty much at the end of the day. But at that point nobody was really voting anyway, Squishy was in the lead with 6 votes to 5 Crab votes. So I wonder why he moved his vote. Probably just in case somebody tied the vote. It's not much but I wanted to make a note of it, especially now that we know Squshy was town. But still, I'm not feeling too confident about Sorian either.

---

I'm trying to understand Burb's train of thought when he voted for Kalor regarding the poisoning. So Burb's explanation for his misunderstanding was that there were two poisoners of different alignments. I think this post clarifies it though, but it dosen't mention anything about two poisoners which was Burb's first explanation for his misunderstanding.

Gee, I wonder. I know you state the obvious in the next sentence but this is "thinking" for the sake of it.

nin1000

Banned
I will follow my man Bronx. Let the train get some early stream.

Vote: Crab

To those wanting to lynch me because of inactivity, get a grip. When was the last time an inactive player turned out to be Scum.

Exactly.

CCS

Banned
So, I'm here now.

Just quickly before I do a proper read through of overnight posts, I'll answer the question asked of me.

I switched from Crab to Swamped because they were both slight scum reads, and I wasn't scum reading squidy at all. At the time I switched my vote, it seemed like some momentum was developing on Swamped so that seemed like the more likely lynch to succeed. I then didn't switch it back to Crab because I got distracted playing Horizon and lost track of time.

Kyanrute

Poisoner eh. Never played with one, has that usually been a scum or a neutral role around here? Neutral poisoner poisons scum Stan who then proceeds to beg for his life with shitposts. Fuck I have been here before, time to speculate about whether or not the poisoner is neutral or not til I die. An additional poisoning would slightly hint at a poison spammer, a third one would confirm it for me. No additional poisonings makes da poison a one-time additional scum kill, what then throws major shade at Bronx and his claim.

I wouldn't want to lynch Stan right now, though his alignment is still hazy to me.

CCS

Banned
Also, I'm inclined to believe Bronx's claim because his play yesterday felt like frustrated town rather than scum to me and the claim fits in with that.

*Splinter

Classic Bronx

Is there any world where scum!Bronx jumps on stanley's claim to try and buy himself some time? I don't think he was the most likely person to get lynched today, so I think that it would be a very aggressive move, but trying to give him the botd and determine a rational cause for his play....
Fishing for a counter claim? Not really worthwhile unless there are multiple poison shots.

Fishing for protection? Possible I guess. But then he also claims "a surprise" which sounds like a veteran threat... I don't know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyanrute

bronx hasn't yet made the post where he makes no fucking sense whatsoever

bronx pls make sense

Don't think the post has been made still. Few close calls though.

Everyone is saying I'm overly defensive and only concerned with myself. If that's the case, how come I haven't voted for Crab or WorthyEdge or Kawl?

This defense does not really work I feel. "My actions are not bad because they could be worse." For the record I am of the opinion that while Bronx was defensive on day one, I don't feel it was anything out of the ordinary. Buuuuut one could argue that even the Bronx ordinary is enough of a reason for healthy amounts of suspicion. I'd agree.

This is a great time to reveal that I am in fact, Natiko the Posion Doctor! I can heal you, friend!

Before I comment on this, I'd want to hear your thoughts a bit Bronx. Why did you reveal right at this point? Did you consider other alternatives, for an example waiting a bit if you get some attention and then revealing? If you considered other alternatives, what made you decide that revealing right at this moment was the correct thing to do?

Kyanrute

Why did you vote squid, Kyan?

He was playing much like he was in Mini III (he was scum there), with a slight twist - a single post where he explained whom he found suspicious and why. He never followed up on that, even when questioned about it. Overall, I felt he was all over the place, shooting at things but rather carefree about the actual results. The vote without explanation was an another attempt to get his attention (and something he did to me in Mini III, have to keep the meta things rolling). In the end poor Kyan got no attention at all from anyone and after 30 minutes of waiting hangover said "go to bed" and Kyan said "ok".

acohrs

Surprised and not surprised by Natiko's death. Surprised, because I thought scum would eliminate Sorian as the main town thinker. Not surprised, because I thought scum would target one of town's main thinkers. Everyone just stop discussing stuff and we will all be safe, right?? In all seriousness though, I'm not sure Natiko was targeted because of his reads and more because he was facilitating discussion that could eventually lead to scum being caught. This is a trend that scum has taken in most games I've been in, stifle discussion, divide and conquer.

Catching up on comments since daystart atm

acohrs

Just a quick thought, is persisting with a Crab or Swamped lynch today going to solve much? Squidy turned out to be town, maybe we need to look in a new direction for scum.

franconp

I will follow my man Bronx. Let the train get some early stream.

Vote: Crab

To those wanting to lynch me because of inactivity, get a grip. When was the last time an inactive player turned out to be Scum.

Exactly.

Overwatch had 2 or 3 scum replaced.

My main concern is the lack of content of your post. Day one you have a couple of post with no insight. Now you do it again. I think that if you keep the inactivity mixed with a couple of non committal post we would be forced to lynch you as we would have nothing to make a read about you.

nin1000

Banned
Overwatch had 2 or 3 scum replaced.

My main concern is the lack of content of your post. Day one you have a couple of post with no insight. Now you do it again. I think that if you keep the inactivity mixed with a couple of non committal post we would be forced to lynch you as we would have nothing to make a read about you.
Cut me some slack. I was inactive on day one because of reasons.

The day started at 23:00 pm my time and atm I am at my classes. I will try my best to get into the game. But to be completely real with you. Day 1 was a shit show I did not even want to touch. Day 2 just started so hold your horses Peter Griffin. I for over won't be lynched just because I did not put down quality post's. Those will follow as soon as I have spare time.

franconp

Cut me some slack. I was inactive on day one because of reasons.

The day started at 23:00 pm my time and atm I am at my classes. I will try my best to get into the game. But to be completely real with you. Day 1 was a shit show I did not even want to touch. Day 2 just started so hold your horses Peter Griffin. I for over won't be lynched just because I did not put down quality post's. Those will follow as soon as I have spare time.

That's why I said that we should wait until the last day of the phase. I don't like the idea of having someone at day 3 or later who I don't know how they are thinking. But having well thought post with some insight give us something to work later on.

acohrs

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Why did you not vote yesterday and if you're busy like OA, why did you not get replaced overnight? Please answer these questions

Kyanrute

CCS' posts around the day start feel extremely filler-y. He just mentions what happened with the squid votes and does no analysis at all.

nin1000

Banned
That's why I said that we should wait until the last day of the phase. I don't like the idea of having someone at day 3 or later who I don't know how they are thinking. But having well thought post with some insight give us something to work later on.

I agree and will put down my thoughts on everything that happened aswell on most of the players that contributed.

acohrs

Hey CCS, me old mucker, what do you think of recent game developments? Do you still think swamped or crab could be scum given squidy's flip?

Also, how was the reffing gig? Did you yellowcard a ball boy like Nigel Owens?

CCS

Banned
Hey CCS, me old mucker, what do you think of recent game developments? Do you still think swamped or crab could be scum given squidy's flip?

Also, how was the reffing gig? Did you yellowcard a ball boy like Nigel Owens?

I think one (or conceivably both) could definitely be scum, but I'm not sure which one I'd go for if I had to pick one.

Am also somewhat suspicious of Kawl, not just because of vote but because his D1 play feels a bit off.

Reffing went well, but sadly no hilarious moments to report :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe Bronx for a moment. Doesn't necessarily make him scum, could just be a god-awful gambit, but that's the worst claim I've seen in a while. If there's a repeat poisoner, then Bronx's claim would get him killed immediately, we have no counter to the poisoner, and we face the twice the number of deaths for the rest of the game. Anyone can work that out. Literally (yes literally) my dog would not claim if she was the poison-doctor, and she eats cat poop. So Bronx is lying.

I can't stand it when town make stupid claims like that. It just muddies everything. I'd like to pursue Swamped more and when I get back from work I'll have more questions, but until then, I'm voting for Bronx and I'm not moving my vote until he retracts his claim. If he doesn't, he's either scum or such a bad town player that lynching him would be one of the rare occasions a town death improves our win odds.

VOTE: Bronx-man

CCS

Banned
I don't believe Bronx for a moment. Doesn't necessarily make him scum, could just be a god-awful gambit, but that's the worst claim I've seen in a while. If there's a repeat poisoner, then Bronx's claim would get him killed immediately, we have no counter to the poisoner, and we face the twice the number of deaths for the rest of the game. Anyone can work that out. Literally (yes literally) my dog would not claim if she was the poison-doctor, and she eats cat poop. So Bronx is lying.

I can't stand it when town make stupid claims like that. It just muddies everything. I'd like to pursue Swamped more and when I get back from work I'll have more questions, but until then, I'm voting for Bronx and I'm not moving my vote until he retracts his claim. If he doesn't, he's either scum or such a bad town player that lynching him would be one of the rare occasions a town death improves our win odds.

VOTE: Bronx-man

May as well keep your vote there the rest of the day or move your vote now; it's pretty clear that any retraction by Bronx would be down to feeling threatened and so would be basically worthless.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think I see what you're trying to do, but who would honestly believe a retraction at this point?

I don't believe his claim to begin with. I don't think anyone else should believe his claim. One way I can get people not to believe his claim is if he retracts it and owns up to having made an anti-town decision. To stress he has made an anti-town decision and to make the above logic entirely clear, I am voting for him. Additionally, this serves as a preventive measure for Bronx in the future, or indeed anyone else, making stupid claims: I will lynch them.

I don't like to policy vote. I really don't. But policy voting exists for a reason: it ensures that town observes certain obvious procedures of good play that exist to ensure town does better. Bronx's play right now is so bad it seems destroying town. He played a key part in wasting all of our time yesterday. He played a key part in obfuscating the day end resulting in that ridiculous squidy lynch. He is playing a key part in derailing his day. If he is left to continue in this game, I have absolutely no doubt he will continue to make life far more difficult for town than it would be in his absence. Therefore, I am convinced of the necessity of lynching him.

This is also looking at this in the most forgiving light possible, considering his play in previous games, and assuming he is town. I am not even convinced of that. His play has been so willingly and obnoxiously obstructive that in any other player, it would immediately have been called out as indicative of scum. If his sole defence against being scum is simply "nah lol I'm bad town", that is a remarkably weak defence indeed.

*Splinter

I don't believe his claim to begin with. I don't think anyone else should believe his claim. One way I can get people not to believe his claim is if he retracts it and owns up to having made an anti-town decision. To stress he has made an anti-town decision and to make the above logic entirely clear, I am voting for him. Additionally, this serves as a preventive measure for Bronx in the future, or indeed anyone else, making stupid claims: I will lynch them.

I don't like to policy vote. I really don't. But policy voting exists for a reason: it ensures that town observes certain obvious procedures of good play that exist to ensure town does better. Bronx's play right now is so bad it seems destroying town. He played a key part in wasting all of our time yesterday. He played a key part in obfuscating the day end resulting in that ridiculous squidy lynch. He is playing a key part in derailing his day. If he is left to continue in this game, I have absolutely no doubt he will continue to make life far more difficult for town than it would be in his absence. Therefore, I am convinced of the necessity of lynching him.

This is also looking at this in the most forgiving light possible, considering his play in previous games, and assuming he is town. I am not even convinced of that. His play has been so willingly and obnoxiously obstructive that in any other player, it would immediately have been called out as indicative of scum. If his sole defence against being scum is simply "nah lol I'm bad town", that is a remarkably weak defence indeed.
If a squidy lynch was ridiculous then why didn't you say a single word against it yesterday?

If Bronx is lying then he'd need a reason for it - I can't think of one, for any alignment*, so the claim is bad whether it's true or not. If that's the case, why assume it to be false?

If Bronx isn't lying then he's probably the only person that can save Stan tonight, not to mention any potential future poison cases, so I don't like how you're trying to sell a Bronx mislynch as a town advantage.

*I guess he could be scum fishing for a counterclaim, so just in case: the real poison doctor should not counterclaim until the day before lylo.

*Splinter

This is going to become Crab v Swamped isn't it? I was going to vote Swamped anyway once I had a vote count to look at but CCS with that weird hit started it instead.
Had forgotten about this, but I don't like how Sorian was so on board with a swamped lynch but never voted her (yes I'm ignoring an early vote here), even when it became Crab V Squidy (2 choices he apparently didn't like).

OTOH Crab has emphasised the point that the swamp train "collapsed", but there was only one unvote (Verelios, and yes I'm discounting Blarg's quick vote/unvote as he was cycling through the candidates).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If a squidy lynch was ridiculous then why didn't you say a single word against it yesterday?

I left the computer at 9:30 PM when he had 2 votes. I came back about a minute before day end and he was about to be lynched. That was what was so ridiculous about it.

If Bronx is lying then he'd need a reason for it - I can't think of one, for any alignment*, so the claim is bad whether it's true or not. If that's the case, why assume it to be false?

Many reasons. It could be an attention grab like my deliberate bad claim in minimaf3. He could be trying to draw night actions to himself to give cover for other town roles. He could want to fog the day up with nonsense. He could be aiming for WIFOM: "it's such a bad claim he must be town!" - that is, exactly what you're saying. He could be trying to bait a counterclaim.

Bad claims need to get lynched. This is half the problem with GAFia's meta. We are busy tolerating someone who has absolutely no regard for basic good play. Even if in the worst case scenario he really was the poison-doctor, at least the fact we punished a stupid claim means that Lynchproof Vigilante Doctor CCS doesn't decide to claim for the lolz at well because he sees what happens, and as a result our PRs survive longer and we get more out of them. In the long run, we are therefore still better off. But again: I don't think for a moment his claim was true.

CCS

Banned
Crab has a very shaky memory of my claims.

But anyway, I don't want to lynch Bronx, simply on the grounds that I'm fairly confident he's town.

acohrs

I left the computer at 9:30 PM when he had 2 votes. I came back about a minute before day end and he was about to be lynched. That was what was so ridiculous about it.

Many reasons. It could be an attention grab like my deliberate bad claim in minimaf3. He could be trying to draw night actions to himself to give cover for other town roles. He could want to fog the day up with nonsense. He could be aiming for WIFOM: "it's such a bad claim he must be town!" - that is, exactly what you're saying. He could be trying to bait a counterclaim.

Bad claims need to get lynched. This is half the problem with GAFia's meta. We are busy tolerating someone who has absolutely no regard for basic good play. Even if in the worst case scenario he really was the poison-doctor, at least the fact we punished a stupid claim means that Lynchproof Vigilante Doctor CCS doesn't decide to claim for the lolz at well because he sees what happens, and as a result our PRs survive longer and we get more out of them. In the long run, we are therefore still better off. But again: I don't think for a moment his claim was true.

If Bronx is the poison doctor then just wait for tonight when scum lynch him, if he isn't lynched then be very afraid tomorrow

CCS

Banned
Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Why did you not vote yesterday and if you're busy like OA, why did you not get replaced overnight? Please answer these questions

Real talk, where the hell is LP? If he's not going to post more than the minimum to avoid replacement then that deserves a lynching in my book, on the grounds he's either scum or town contributing so little that it'll be impossible to ever get a read on him.

Top Bottom