• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

nin1000

Banned
Does claiming help in any way town? Do you have info that could help catch scum or confirm a townie?

If not keep it to yourself.

That's why I said that's it is a hard decision.
But never mind. I will put down my read list later on, since i do not have that much time left.

Swamped

Banned
great idea

vote: CCS

I don't really get this vote? Can you elaborate Stan?

I'm about to go to bed but why did you ask Kalor a question, Vere?

I wanted to know what he thought of yesterday

From someone who is dead?

...Pretending you haven't noticed he's dead?

Sure. And why were you interested in Kalor specifically, anyway?

Oh, my bad. I was Ctr f the player list and just auto did K. I meant Kawl. My bad Kalor, rest in peace.

This whole exchange was actually pretty funny. I think Splinter brought up the possibility of switching shenanigans last night, what if scum!Vere thought Kalor was still alive as they hadn't targetted him and thus addressed the question to him?

But Vere also seems to have a problem with names, as shown in D1 XD. This exchange...don't know what to make of it. He wanted Kawl's opinion, but I don't think he followed up on that. Both of them have posted since this exchange. I think I'm leaning scum on Vere

Kyanrute

Can you explain more the two inconsistencies I've mentioned already. Basically in terms of one of only two people to have voted on two townies who got lynched for splinter and sorian, why does that not apply to vere with votes on crab and kalor?

And kyan (I think) posted above that vere wasn't super close to the leading wagon when their whole shit exchange occurred. With that in mind, why did you feel that veres response was reasonable but kyans wasn't?

amazing exchange thank you very much

*Splinter

Since i have been poisoned, i doubt that i will survive the following night. Scum getting rid of Bronx = -2 players.
If you have info to share, I'd say share it. We're at day 3 with no strong leads or usable info, and as you noted there is a good chance you'll die tonight anyway (especially now you've hinted at having info).

If we get that same info from your flip anyway, don't claim.

Swamped

Banned
I'd be careful with posts like 1717. Yeah it's helpful as a reminder of what happened but it was a mostly objective analysis, easy way for scum to make a "good" post. It also gives Crab the benefit of describing himself as town throughout ("fmpov") which can colour any discussion/ideas based on his findings (player presents a theory based on the assumption they are town, any consideration of this theory then carries the underlying assumption that player is town).

I'm actually starting to be a lot more unsure of my scum-read on Splinter. I mentioned before that I felt his reads on me and Crab were a bit wishy-washy, but actually he took a fairly strong stance on D2. He mentioned at least twice that he would side with Crab over me. Only the above post quoted was a little critical of Crab. He did end up with a vote on Crab at the end of the day however (yeah yeah I know he has justified it).

What's ticking me off is this: on D2 he mentioned Burb as a top scum read, but doesn't really do much to fight for it, which is something I would expect an active townie like Splinter to do. He seems content to continue with Crab vs Swamped. In this post 1936 he says there must be scum between the two of us because of the way we were pointing finger at each other. But it feels like he hadn't analyzed the situation well enough. I accused Crab on D1, then he accused me later that day (and that continued through D2). In this post he also conveniently cools off on Burb.

Splinter, what's your latest read on Burb? Or can you link me to a D3 post if you have already gone into it?

The other point is that he keeps harping on about how he has/had a strong connection between me and Vere, and that really felt like it was reaching.

Anyway, I'm really unsure about a Splinter lynch. I think I feel more confident about Blarg, even though I'm still not feeling great about Splinter. After D2 ended I somehow felt like the post quoted above was made to 'encourage' me to keep my vote on Crab (which felt weird because Splinter was town-reading him) but that's really...well the world does not revolve around me. I think Crab's flip made me look for scum in places I wasn't looking before, and that's why I started to think about Splinter more closely.

If Gorlak (or others, I think acohrs has a vote on him as well) can make a good case, I am all ears really.

VOTE: Blargonaut

*Splinter

Holy shit this is such a bad response and you get why right. As town you should at least be clear on your logic and try to make sure it's consistent and whenever it isn't consistent or you aren't following logic, you can say "it's a gut read what can you do??"

In a scenario in which you flip town, yours becomes one of the few opinions anyone can trust beyond their own to be a good faith attempt. But if before that you throw out bad logic don't even put a gutTM disclaimer on it, and tell people to take a hike IM TOWN it makes basically everything you've posted worthless.

So which is it? Town actively trying to minimize the help they are providing or scum?

Convince me, I'm open to it. I would really like to lynch scum today instead of hitting frustrated town again.
This post doesn't ring true btw. I'll come back to it when I have time if noone beats me to it.

*Splinter

Swamped I'm currently leaning town on Burb. I don't remember scumreading him on D2 either, do you have a quote handy?

I know I suspected him D1 but that was quite an early read.

Swamped

Banned
Swamped I'm currently leaning town on Burb. I don't remember scumreading him on D2 either, do you have a quote handy?

I know I suspected him D1 but that was quite an early read.

Ask and yeh shall receive

Swamped/Crab: what's your current read of Burb?

I guess anyone else can pitch in too, he hasn't been discussed much recently.

I will answer this tonight, along with reads of Kawl, Splinter and Fran. I need to read others too, but I'll concentrate on these first, thats already a lot of posts between them!

I can give you a general overview though. I think Burb is playing it really safe. For example, he hasn't commented on the Swamped/Crab situation. I'm struggling to remember if he talked about Bronx (hence the need to re-read). He made some odd point about two poisoners that didn't quite explain his misunderstanding of the stan being poisoned situation. It feels like he is staying away from the embroglio, and that's typical of scum behaviour.

These are good points. I think he juuuust about explained his poisoner confusion but yeah it was a bit of a stretch and an odd mistake in the first place. Even the way he posted that "ah ha!" reactive vote felt unnatural, I can't remember if Burb has made votes like that in the past though.

Ok, I've been thinking about who I actually want lynched today and I'm going to

VOTE: Swamped

I considered Burb, but the longer he's AWOL the more I think he's disinterested or otherwise unavailable. Doesn't make him town but it moves him from scum to null. There's also no friction around the idea of lynching him. More and more people are popping in to say "yeah, Burb, totally, whatever", if he flips town he gives us nothing, there are much more contentious topics I'd like to look at, such as...

Seems clear you scum-read him, and the way I understood he was at some point during D2 your top scum read, but maybe I was wrong about that.

Kawl_USC

This post doesn't ring true btw. I'll come back to it when I have time if noone beats me to it.
Bad logic is worthless town or scum. Town should be able to better explain where the disconnect is as they are making good faith arguments. Scum is not, and is usually purposefully put forth made up arguments they don't genuinely believe. They find it harder to back up their arguments and so are more likely to roll over on them.

Which as frustrating as I'm sure it will be for acohrs, is why his reaction means I'll be leaving my vote on him. Reads more to me like scum rolling back on position that's getting them blow back. Think town!acorhs doubles down there.

acohrs

Bad logic is worthless town or scum. Town should be able to better explain where the disconnect is as they are making good faith arguments. Scum is not, and is usually purposefully put forth made up arguments they don't genuinely believe. They find it harder to back up their arguments and so are more likely to roll over on them.

Which as frustrating as I'm sure it will be for acohrs, is why his reaction means I'll be leaving my vote on him. Reads more to me like scum rolling back on position that's getting them blow back. Think town!acorhs doubles down there.

Hope my flip isn't too surprising for you then

Faddy

Banned
On mobile so no quote.

Acohrs why do you list Sorian and Splinter as the only two people on both town lynches? I voted for squidyj and crab so why am I not on the list?

If anything Splinter and Sorian only joined the Crab lynch for tie stopping purposes and Sorian did the same on squid. So my name should be the one sticking out.

From my pov that is pretty scummy because you omit me when I have plenty of scum heat to go after other contributing players for flimsy reasoning.

VOTE: acohrs

nin1000

Banned
I would suggest lynching me. For town it woupd be the best case scenario. Instead of maybe losing 2 players + scum night kill, it would only be only me dying + scum kill.

Thoughts on it ?

acohrs

On mobile so no quote.

Acohrs why do you list Sorian and Splinter as the only two people on both town lynches? I voted for squidyj and crab so why am I not on the list?

If anything Splinter and Sorian only joined the Crab lynch for tie stopping purposes and Sorian did the same on squid. So my name should be the one sticking out.

From my pov that is pretty scummy because you omit me when I have plenty of scum heat to go after other contributing players for flimsy reasoning.

VOTE: acohrs

shit, you did, didn't you? Fuck, well just lynch me then, I obviously don't care enough anymore to read properly

Kawl_USC

I would suggest lynching me. For town it woupd be the best case scenario. Instead of maybe losing 2 players + scum night kill, it would only be only me dying + scum kill.

Thoughts on it ?
Okay, I'm trying to make head or tails of your posts nin, but I'm really struggling to find a role that fits with what you've been hinting and saying now.

Is this making sense to anyone else? I'm not in peak mental shape after the weekend so maybe I'm missing something. Otherwise, it's hard to know whether this is folly or not. I find it pretty concerning that a town role would be suggesting their lynch is the best play day 3 with no scum flip yet.

*Splinter

Thoughts on it ?
No

If scum kill Bronx, he still has time to save you. He only fails if they block him, in which case at least they can't block someone else.

Also look at it this way, even if we assume that scum will block and kill Bronx:

Lynch nin
We lose nin and Bronx.

Lynch someone else
We lose nin and Bronx, but also get a lynch of our choosing and scum were forced to block Bronx.

The second is clearly better, even under your pessimistic assumptions. It's actually even worse if they don't kill Bronx because then we have another night of no info about him (since he didn't have to try and save you).

In summary:
No.

*Splinter

Okay, I'm trying to make head or tails of your posts nin, but I'm really struggling to find a role that fits with what you've been hinting and saying now.

Is this making sense to anyone else? I'm not in peak mental shape after the weekend so maybe I'm missing something. Otherwise, it's hard to know whether this is folly or not. I find it pretty concerning that a town role would be suggesting their lynch is the best play day 3 with no scum flip yet.
nin 3.0

*Splinter

Nin I do think you should tell us who you targeted each night, and what result you got (if any).

No need to tell us your role, although it might be obvious from the results anyway.

Blarg asks me to role-claim and then tells me I shouldn't have. Was he looking for townie points? This inconsistency is ringing alarm bells. Also, in the post above he starts off with all these assumptions that Crab is scum. But then near the end he says 'Honestly I can't say [what it means for Crab's alignment]'. Basically he writes that whole post assuming Crab is scummy, but then avoids giving an actual read on him at the very end (he could be town PR etc).

Blarg also insisted that Crab reveal his role, and it was done very flippantly.

I have no idea why Blarg is going after chocolate pudding so much. Are you hungry blarg? Are they not feeding you well? Regardless, this post feels like he's trying to find a reason to throw suspicion on me in the most Blarg of ways. It feels scummy.

Role-fishing. I'm not saying what I did last night.

Scum-lean on Blarg. Would definitely consider voting for him.

---

??? I was reading through Blrg and saw this odd post from Dragonz.

I just read Splinter's explanation. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. But it wasn't clear at all that you were addressing Gorlak, in fact it looked like you were addressing me.

---

I'm inclined to believe gut reads like this, especially since i'm leaning town on CCS. I'm leaning slightly town on acohrs as well. I agree with his reads on Splinter and Blarg, but I don't like his reasoning for his Sorian or Vere read. Disagree with his read on Kyan and Gorlak.

Well? Do you? I especially like bananas

nin1000

Banned
Nin I do think you should tell us who you targeted each night, and what result you got (if any).

No need to tell us your role, although it might be obvious from the results anyway.

no mate. my role is really dumb. i dont even have a night action per se.

so i cant really say Splinter.

Verelios

I don't really get this vote? Can you elaborate Stan?

This whole exchange was actually pretty funny. I think Splinter brought up the possibility of switching shenanigans last night, what if scum!Vere thought Kalor was still alive as they hadn't targetted him and thus addressed the question to him?

But Vere also seems to have a problem with names, as shown in D1 XD. This exchange...don't know what to make of it. He wanted Kawl's opinion, but I don't think he followed up on that. Both of them have posted since this exchange. I think I'm leaning scum on Vere
That question was legitimately what I thought at the time, I just got distracted with the questions on why I said Kalor and forgot about it. Honestly, I made that post after going through the thread from day start(I was busy and accidentally forgot) and remembered two K's, one was dead and the other I was interested in their ld votes. I didn't really want to open another page after finishing my post(mobile) to go back and see which so I put K and auto correct gave me Kalor. I thought that sounded...right. I didn't expect to get hounded from that though.

Less talk, more votes. We've got time to change wagons.

I'm keeping my vote on TWE for now. His most recent posts inspire no confidence and I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of an inactive at this point.

Which also means I wouldn't be opposed to a Blarg lynch.

Was going to comment on acohrs' terrible reads list but everyone is already on his case. His defense is pretty uninspiring too. I would prefer to keep him around since he does seem fairly active even if he's not helping.

Ourobolus

Banned
DAY 3 VOTES

theworthyedge (3)
burbeting 2284
lone_prodigy 2286
franconp 2466

acohrs (3)
flatearthpandas 2293
kawl_usc 2483
faddy 2511

*splinter (2)
gorlak 2426
acohrs 2472

ccs (1)
stanleypalmtree 2390

verelios (1)
kyanrute 2438

blargonaut (1)
swamped 2505

swamped (1)
sorian 2266

bronx-man (0)
acohrs 2250 (2360)

Day 3 Ends:
red_1489438800.png

11 for Majority.

In response to Sorian's question about his D2 Blarg vote:

It wasn't the actual vote that was bad, it was the timing I didn't like. At that point the Crab wagon hadn't taken off (a subsequent votes list was about 3-2-2-whatever) but no one paid any attention to a single vote on Blarg and then discussion eventually shifted back to Crab v Swamped. It didn't generate any discussion and kept you on the periphery of the current vote leaders.

Kawl_USC

There was really only one vote on verelios before ccs just now? Really?

My take from reading the thread over this morning was a great deal more pressure on him than that. Interesting, that.

Let's see votes from everyone if they would. We have scant few hours remaining.

(Also is our timer based on GMT? So it didn't move with the start of daylight savings time?)

Ourobolus

Banned
There was really only one vote on verelios before ccs just now? Really?

My take from reading the thread over this morning was a great deal more pressure on him than that. Interesting, that.

Let's see votes from everyone if they would. We have scant few hours remaining.

(Also is our timer based on GMT? So it didn't move with the start of daylight savings time?)

PST. It should have moved? It should end at 2PM PST, which is what I've been doing.

Swamped

Banned
Seems there are some strong TWE scum reads. Would be curious to see where that goes. To me he feels too inactive for me to say one way or another. Will stick with Blarg for now.

CCS

Banned
Thanks for pointing out the time change, it's now an hour earlier here and I'd probably have missed day end otherwise :p

franconp

I didn't realized about the time change. I won't be around for any deadline during the weekdays as at that time I'm usually at my commute.

Everywhere I look

Everywhere I read

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Hey buddy, how are you doing today? What do you think of the chocolate jello and fruity yogurt?

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Hey buddy, how are you doing today? What do you think of the chocolate jello and fruity yogurt?

chocolate jello and fruity yogurt?

chocolate jello and fruity yogurt?

chocolate jello

and fruity yogurt?

The first time Verelios said that? I dunno

I thought Vere was bullshitting me, so

Ourobolus

Banned
Blargonaut has died!

Blargonaut said:
Good morning to another wonderful day at Lynchwood Acres!

It appears you are…Droplet, and you are an Orderly, or to put it another way, a Goon. This job doesn’t pay the money you need for your lavish lifestyle of going home and watching Netflix with your partner who is cheating on you, goddammit. And these retirees don’t make it any better, the louts. Time to get some revenge.

During the night phase, you may target a player using the factional kill command KILL: <player>. Only one player on The Staff may submit the kill each night.

You ALSO share a 1-shot Bulletproof with the other Orderly. It is shared, meaning that either of you can survive a kill, but once that is gone it is gone.

You can also vote! Hooray!

You are aligned with The Staff (MAFIA).

You win when The Staff holds a majority of votes at the beginning of the day phase.

Good luck!

Top Bottom