• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

No this is about showing with the only action at my disposable how incredibly unacceptable these types of gambits are by town players. If you truly are town and don't see how you are the problem here I doubt we will ever see eye to eye.
There are 4 players in the game right now that knew i was bullshitting yesterday, and you want to waste time policy lynching?

All of our PRs are dead Kawl-senshu; we don't have time for this.

Kawl_USC

There are 4 players in the game right now that knew i was bullshitting yesterday, and you want to waste time policy lynching?

All of our PRs are dead Kawl-senshu; we don't have time for this.

Yes.

This isn't about this game. I'll gladly give this game away if you are truly town who made a dip shit gambit. This is about making sure people STOP DOING THIS FUCKING GAMBIT. It throws games. And it has become incredibly prevalent in our community.

Yesterday I lied about which player I checked N2. And also lied about how my role works. I got cocky thinking I could get a 2nd scum and it blew up in our faces.

Yeah no fuck this shit so instead of going for the sure thing you got cocky. No screw you anyone with half a brain cell that was town would have taken the sure thing, instead you go for a gamble and lost us another PR.

I'm also getting fed up with Dusk. I trusted him, but it seems that that trust was misplaced.

Stop being so cryptic and tell us what you know.

rac

Banned
I'm also getting fed up with Dusk. I trusted him, but it seems that that trust was misplaced.

Stop being so cryptic and tell us what you know.

if you were town wouldn't you give him a little leeway since ya know you would be lynched right now if it weren't for him

if you were town wouldn't you give him a little leeway since ya know you would be lynched right now if it weren't for him

I don't matter as much. If I knew with 100% certainty of Kyanrute's true identity, I would have gladly sacrificed myself over Kyanrute because he's a PR and I am not.

With our doctor gone now, if Dusk really is town there is next-to-no chance that he'll survive the night. That's why I'm particularly frustrated by his attitude right now. It's nonsensical.

rac

Banned
I don't matter as much. If I knew with 100% certainty of Kyanrute's true identity, I would have gladly sacrificed myself over Kyanrute because he's a PR and I am not.

With our doctor gone now, if Dusk really is town there is next-to-no chance that he'll survive the night. That's why I'm particularly frustrated by his attitude right now. It's nonsensical.

uh huh

My suspicion primarily falls onto Kyanrute and Dragonz, who are now 2/2 in voting for town to get lynched.

does this make you 3/3?

Palmer_v1

Actually, I think I would like to try different avenues today. We all know Dusk is suspicious as hell and I want an explanation as to A) exactly how he got a red check on Kyan and B) who he checked last night

Palmer, also please explain your end of the day vote.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vNjgubWVkaWEudHVtYmxyLmNvbS9hYTlmMjc5ZGJlNDE3NGRjNDU3ODgwOWQyMTMwYTFkNC90dW1ibHJfbXo5aHl6SEpHejF0bmUydHhvMV81MDAuZ2lmIn0.N5I68yXcTgWQKSgoK803GI31vM0

ultron87

Dusk, will you tell us the presumed non red check you got from last night? Or is that also hidden in your mysterious haze of bull crap?

If you guys want to know who I checked N2, then just lynch me. I'm not going to tell you otherwise. I'm not scared to be lynched I've already done everything I can.

Instead of getting angry about Kyanrute. Stop and think. Walk away from the game for a bit if you have to.

--

If I had claimed cop and was wrong. I could have come back today and say I don't know what happened. That my target must have been switched on me, and left it at that.

But I didn't. I claimed ROLE COP. The chances of me correctly guessing one of the scum cosplays was essentially zero. And there was no way I could bluff being a role cop for more than one day.

What that means essentially is that there were 4 players in the game that knew FROM THE START that my claim was bullshit.

The most important thing isn't whether Kyanrute was town or scum. The most important thing to take away from D3 are the reactions people had to the claim.

If you guys want to know who I checked N2, then just lynch me. I'm not going to tell you otherwise. I'm not scared to be lynched I've already done everything I can.

Instead of getting angry about Kyanrute. Stop and think. Walk away from the game for a bit if you have to.

--

If I had claimed cop and was wrong. I could have come back today and say I don't know what happened. That my target must have been switched on me, and left it at that.

But I didn't. I claimed ROLE COP. The chances of me correctly guessing one of the scum cosplays was essentially zero. And there was no way I could bluff being a role cop for more than one day.

What that means essentially is that there were 4 players in the game that knew FROM THE START that my claim was bullshit.

The most important thing isn't whether Kyanrute was town or scum. The most important thing to take away from D3 are the reactions people had to the claim.

There are two things I really do not get, coming from you:

1. Why are you acting this way? What's the point?

2. Why have you not told us anything about what you did last night?

--

You haven't done everything

You haven't told us shit

Oh, and one other thing: why, Dusk, do you assume there are exactly four remaining scum members left? It could be 3, or it could be 5. From what I know about the game, the number of Mafia members isn't 100% determined.

was that the plan?

???

You're really not making any sense. Are you saying you're not bothered, then?

So...okay. If, by your logic, the people who must've known you were bullshitting and doubted your claim are scum, then here are most of the reactions:

I'm not sure I believe you or your motives.
My first question for others more familiar with black lagoon, are there enough hackers in the show to mask dusk's identity like he claims to be doing?

Squiddy doubts you right off the bat.

Dusk, I will need your character name. You are either scum or have been manipulated. If the latter, your character name might help me with solving why no townies died last night.

Kyan, now confirmed town, wants to figure it out. At the time I read this as desperation, and in a way it was, but for the wrong reasons.

If Kyan can prove a manipulative role exists or prove Dusk is scum, I strongly suggest everybody push for Dusk to cooperate with Kyan because this info could prove to be big.

Dusk, respond to Kyan.

More problem solving. I read these kinds of reactions as a willingness to think through the situation at hand through careful analysis, and is therefore, a slight town read.

To be fair, you were pushing for Squidy all day D2 (and a little D1). It would have been strange to suddenly change targets (to Kyan or Dusk) if you didn't openly scum-read them before.

I still don't trust Palmer.

I flipped on Squidy because he was suspicious of Haly D1, who turned out to be scum. It's possible it's just scum calling out scum, but that's not how I read it. If someone has a compelling argument against Squidy I'm willing to listen.

Oooooooo the plot thickens! At least this explanation is consistent, and Dusk's actions D1 and D2 now make sense in the most Dusk of ways. They were strange but I didn't scum-read them.

Now, is Kyan doing a Gambit to save himself? Is he trying to get others to roleclaim? He says he'll fully role claim if Dusk does. So if Kyan doesn't, of course I will lynch him. Thing is, if they are both town that's a lot of roles out in the open...

Since Dusk has already claimed though, and if he thinks it's helpful, he should tell us who he checked N1. (N2 was Kyan)

unvote

Again, asking questions and thinking it through.

giphy.gif

Well this got interesting fast, i need to wrap my brain around all these shenanigans.

Never really comes back with any real thoughts, as far as I saw. Just a lot of mud slinging, and BB also isn't very active throughout the day. Maybe he's more surprised about their being a cop at all, and his lack of reads indicates he already knows Dusk is lying.

Remembering what I know about Black Lagoon (I followed that entire show when it aired on Toonami), I have a good feeling I know exactly who Dusk is claiming to be.

Uh, I don't know if it's a good idea to say it aloud, though.

Something about this feels too appeasing.

Turns out Kyan had nothing actually. I thought he would bring forward something more interesting.

Vote: Kyanrute

This piqued my interest because I feel like it's very pre-emotive. And he also never engages Kyan for answers later on.

Kyan was one of my top scum reads...couldn't decide between him or Dusk. I was getting a better feeling from him since late day 2 since he's been posting actual content, but looking back it's been pretty much entirely on the defensive.

Considering this game is a 6 on the bastard scale, I think Kyan is implying far too much complexity. I can't imagine under any circumstance how Dusk's name could help explain a scenario where they're both town.

Kyan's flip is going to tell us more than anything else at this point. If he flips scum I think Palmer should be our next target.

Vote: kyanrute

Everyone just blindly accepts Dusk's mixed alignment hidden chat nonsense being a 'cover' when his claim has nothing to do with hidden chats, he's a mere role cop?

Seriously, no one asked this question?

Why of all things would you start discussing that in Day 1 if your role has nothing to do with it?

A lot of doubt thrown at Dusk. If we're going by the thought that automatic doubt is a scumtell, then this is and the other posts like it are very suspect. Dusk also breadcrumbed Cabot and Kyan in a chat.

Just finished my race. Pro tip: if someone asks you to bike 180 miles over two days tell them to fuck off.

most logical move is to lynch the red check always. Especially in a game with a scum already dead.

Kyan if you have info share it, you don't get to hold it hostage when you are behind the 8 ball dude.

I also really hope you are scum just so your unreasonable hatred of cops can continue.

Gives Kyan the benefit of the doubt. I null read this, as it would be very easy for scum to appeal to Kyan's sensitivities to get him to talk.

Big weekend, sorry I haven't been around. Just caught up though. And hmmm...

There are going to be some coincidences. But too many start to make me nervous. Dusk targeting the NK target N1... plausible but unlikely (unless he's responsible for the kill). I can buy it but it doesn't reassure me.

Dusk's second target then being also targeted by a switcher then starts getting a bit too convenient. I also tend not to believe that there are switchers until I absolutely have to.

However, Kyan had claimed PR so it makes sense there would be people on him. That no one has said anything, we should probably assume that either there is no switcher or that the switcher is scum. Again, I tend to default to not believing there is one.

Kyan's claim overall I think depends on less coincidence. I guess the logical step here is that Dusk is a male, targeted Kyan for the NK and failed because m ascetic, and then fabricated a cop check.

I think this is a more plausible narrative than the others.

At this point I'm not sure what the point is is not finishing the claim. Seems likely Dusk or Kyan is getting done today. I tend to believe Kyan more so far personally but checking cop by lynching him instead of his red check is not typically ideal play if people believe Dusk. But I don't.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Why did you believe Kyan over Dusk? I read this as FEP knew from the start he was lying about there being a Psylocke.

Had a weekend that involved attending to personal urgent stuff, so again, I was a no show for most of the day :(

Read from several pages ago up until here, and my thoughts are WHAT THE HELL, TOWN??

How did Dusk just drive the entire conversation with a single claim that can't be fully verified?

Also, what happened to Blargo? Did he turn out to be scum?

More doubt. I've been watching Oreo for a while and I don't really like his reads or anything else he posts.

squidyj

--

you aint done shit motherfucker
what are your checks?

Why did you believe Kyan over Dusk? I read this as FEP knew from the start he was lying about there being a Psylocke.
It's explained in the quotes.

Kyan's claim was a potential explanation for there not being a nightkill n2. Dusk not revealing gender before kyan's claim hurt his credibility. And then dusk conveniently couldn't confirm himself to anyone because he targeted the n1 nk? And then happened to have targeted a possible explanation for n2 no kill?

I followed kyan down the rabbit hole until he went mental and then ultimately decided his claim only made sense as cop or as lyncher.

Or as a jester.

There are two things I really do not get, coming from you:

1. Why are you acting this way? What's the point?

2. Why have you not told us anything about what you did last night?

Oh, and one other thing: why, Dusk, do you assume there are exactly four remaining scum members left? It could be 3, or it could be 5. From what I know about the game, the number of Mafia members isn't 100% determined.

To answer your questions.

i. SkyOdin-kun is dead.
Palmer-kun is dead.
Nomadic-kun is dead.
Kyanrute is dead.
I will likely be lynched today.
Ultron87-kun is going to be dragged off into a white-panel van tonight.
And dragon-chan is the most likely night target tonight.

That means going forward tomorrow, There most likely will not be any town PRs in play.

It's not very likely we got more than 8. No more answers are coming. No more protection from night kills. The only thing town has left to find scum are wits.

I know it's hard to accept what I'm saying, but once I'm gone it'll all make sense.

I'm just saying it now, because it's likely my only chance.

ii. The only thing that can answer that question now is my Role PM unfortunately.

iii. It's typical on Gafia to have a five-scum team, but you're right, technically I don't actually know how many scum are left.

squidyj

I really hope you're not town dusk, not for the results of this game, but for how fucking garbage what you've done is if you're town.

To answer your questions.

i. SkyOdin-kun is dead.
Palmer-kun is dead.
Nomadic-kun is dead.
Kyanrute is dead.
I will likely be lynched today.
Ultron87-kun is going to be dragged off into a white-panel van tonight.
And dragon-chan is the most likely night target tonight.

That means going forward tomorrow, There most likely will not be any town PRs in play.

It's not very likely we got more than 8. No more answers are coming. No more protection from night kills. The only thing town has left to find scum are wits.

I know it's hard to accept what I'm saying, but once I'm gone it'll all make sense.

I'm just saying it now, because it's likely my only chance.

ii. The only thing that can answer that question now is my Role PM unfortunately.

iii. It's typical on Gafia to have a five-scum team, but you're right, technically I don't actually know how many scum are left.

...I can't make heads or tails of this. Those "answers" to my first two questions sound like complete nonsense.

The only way this makes any lick of sense, if he is town, is that Dusk is not allowed to give specifics about what he has investigated. But then that would make his claim of investigating SkyOdin on the first night a complete lie.

Dusk, tell me if you're allowed to answer the following question:

Are you able to tell us who you investigated while you're alive?
I'm certainly allowed to. And i will if I'm still alive at LYLO.

But if i die, I guarantee you'll be able to figure it out, so there's no point in telling you now.

I'm certainly allowed to. And i will if I'm still alive at LYLO.

But if i die, I guarantee you'll be able to figure it out, so there's no point in telling you now.

Well, so much for that theory. I thought your role prevented you from divulging any information while alive, but if you die everything you've learned would come spilling out.

That was pretty much the only way I could make an argument that justifies keeping you alive. Now all I see is you being scum. There is absolutely no reason for you to now withhold information from us unless the information is wrong.

Swamped

Banned
Sorry sorry guys I will be able to play tomorrow. But here's the sparknotes version

I agree with Dragonz that Cabot was probably the actual red check (assuming Dusk is telling the truth).

Starting to think Polter is town, therefore will not lynch him.

Scum reading BB. Also Kawl.

Dusk, can you at least give us an updated reads list, given Kayn and Palmer both flipped town?

If Dusk is town, i understand the sentiment behind his actions. But Honestly if you had just told us the real red check yesterday we could have worked together to figure out interactions between that red check and other players, to catch them. Dusk is certainly not a neutral lychee though, as he didn't leave the game after Kyab did.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Dusk Soldier (6)
BlackBuzzard 2079
WhereAreMahDragonz 2080 2171
TheExodu5 2150
Kawl_USC 2176
squidyj 2178
ultron87 2180
Poltergust 2183

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 2101 2178
rac 2112

No active vote for Day 4: 30yearsofhurt, cabot, Cewyn, Dusk Soldier, flatearthpandas, hatmoza, oreomunsta, Swamped, WhereAreMahDragonz (has previously voted)

Day 4 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 0, BlackBuzzard 5, cabot 14, Cewyn 2, Dusk Soldier 9, flatearthpandas 2, hatmoza 3, Kawl_USC 14, oreomunsta 0, Poltergust 13, rac 5, squidyj 15, Swamped 1, TheExodu5 4, ultron87 4, WhereAreMahDragonz 18

Day 4 ends:
cya_1494018000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Dusk, I'm open to discussion and possibly changing my vote, but your behavior has been severely anti-Town. I have zero reason to trust you right now, and the master Keikaku you claim to have.

I didn't get to vote D3 due to the turbo, so I'm making this my default stance. That gamble doesn't seem like a gamble at all, and trying to convince us to look for your bread crumbs is only diverting the conversation to your favor :(

/dead

But seriously, is there a way for scum to have found the doctor? That death seems unmerited

More doubt. I've been watching Oreo for a while and I don't really like his reads or anything else he posts.

I'll understand if you don't want to publicly share, Dragonz, but I'd like to know why you're not liking my posts.

I'm suspicious of you, too, especially with the way you're regarding and trusting Dusk. It's nuts at this point to believe in his Keikaku

Messed up my wording a little, Dusk. I meant to say that your gamble, as you call it, was highly reckless towards Town, and now we're down a doctor

Dusk, I'm open to discussion and possibly changing my vote, but your behavior has been severely anti-Town. I have zero reason to trust you right now, and the master Keikaku you claim to have.

I didn't get to vote D3 due to the turbo, so I'm making this my default stance. That gamble doesn't seem like a gamble at all, and trying to convince us to look for your bread crumbs is only diverting the conversation to your favor :(

/dead

But seriously, is there a way for scum to have found the doctor? That death seems unmerited

I'll understand if you don't want to publicly share, Dragonz, but I'd like to know why you're not liking my posts.

I'm suspicious of you, too, especially with the way you're regarding and trusting Dusk. It's nuts at this point to believe in his Keikaku

I cannot think of a scenario in which scum!Dusk claims cop, mislynches a townie, and does not expect to die the next day. As a scum play, why bother? It's easy enough to get a mislynch going without this weird cop gambit.

I cannot think of a scenario in which scum!Dusk claims cop, mislynches a townie, and does not expect to die the next day. As a scum play, why bother? It's easy enough to get a mislynch going without this weird cop gambit.

Fair enough, but in what scenario would Dusk's move have been a great play if he was Town? If you can think of one, then I'd ask why we didn't get that outcome. If the answer is, as Dusk himself puts it, he fucked up, then that can go either way by which we can equally say he fucked up as scum.

Another alternative is that he's some kind of neutral role that isn't aligned to town either, and so he's already proved himself as a danger in that regard

cabot

I mean dusk was lying about stuff from day 1, So being suspicious about that claim certainly was a shocking reaction

Fair enough, but in what scenario would Dusk's move have been a great play if he was Town? If you can think of one, then I'd ask why we didn't get that outcome. If the answer is, as Dusk himself puts it, he fucked up, then that can go either way by which we can equally say he fucked up as scum.

Another alternative is that he's some kind of neutral role that isn't aligned to town either, and so he's already proved himself as a danger in that regard

I have a few ideas but I've got a raging headache and I really need to poop so I'll get back to you

Top Bottom