• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Nice pro play, BB. I have been trying to be an active player, and explained my reasons why earlier.

Digging up an old post in order to try to start making a case on me?

You and exo are leaning scum for me

Okay then post a full read list of every townie alive and your top 3-4 scum.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

oreomunsta (2)
TheExodu5 2283
BlackBuzzard 2339

cabot (1)
Cewyn 2232 2257
Swamped 2242 2343
WhereAreMahDragonz 2250

30yearsofhurt (1)
Cewyn 2281

Swamped (1)
cabot 2244

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
squidyj 2317

Cewyn (0): squidyj 2236 2284

Kawl_USC (0): squidyj 2284 2317

No active vote for Day 5: 30yearsofhurt, flatearthpandas, Kawl_USC, oreomunsta, Poltergust, rac, Swamped (has previously voted), ultron87

Day 5 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 1, BlackBuzzard 7, cabot 31, Cewyn 9, flatearthpandas 2, Kawl_USC 9, oreomunsta 6, Poltergust 12, rac 3, squidyj 9, Swamped 16, TheExodu5 4, ultron87 1, WhereAreMahDragonz 8

Day 5 ends:
cya_1494190800.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Swamped

Banned
I firmly believe that while dusk wasn't the cop, he had a reason for breadcrumbing Cabot through his entire ridiculous claim. There has to be some method to the madness.

Yep but I'm also following my gut so

It is fairly odd that Dragonz voting cabot based on Dusk. A Townie would carefully read dusk's flip to see if he really did clear anyone. Seems weird to not pay attention to that.

What are the other reasons people are scum reading Dragonz? I thought she was active town until today.

Dragonz, what are some of the reasons you scum read Cabot?

Swamped

Banned
Basically, it feels like she's finding an arbitrary reason to go after cabot. I honestly can't remember if she expressed suspicion on Cabot before today, so a "gut read" is also hard to believe. If she has though, please link me to the post.

It is fairly odd that Dragonz voting cabot based on Dusk. A Townie would carefully read dusk's flip to see if he really did clear anyone. Seems weird to not pay attention to that.

What are the other reasons people are scum reading Dragonz? I thought she was active town until today.

Dragonz, what are some of the reasons you scum read Cabot?

Because of the way he posts and prods without really saying anything IMO, and also the way he was eager to jump onto the Dusk train before any of this cop gambit stuff happened, and also his general playstyle reads as safe to me. Squiddy also falls into this category.

Basically, it feels like she's finding an arbitrary reason to go after cabot. I honestly can't remember if she expressed suspicion on Cabot before today, so a "gut read" is also hard to believe. If she has though, please link me to the post.

Nope. I haven't. I believed Dusk was the cop at the time, and was breadcrumbing a Cabot check, but since he flipped vig, and I believe that there was a purpose for all of that, I'm thinking that maybe he tried to shoot Cabot or something and he was immune.

cabot

Nope. I haven't. I believed Dusk was the cop at the time, and was breadcrumbing a Cabot check, but since he flipped vig, and I believe that there was a purpose for all of that, I'm thinking that maybe he tried to shoot Cabot or something and he was immune.

Blocks don't usually result in refunds of shots.

Or are you saying Dusk didn't kill Blarg?

TheExodu5

Banned
I'd like to propose a truce with our harem/arsonist, if that is in fact the role. I'm reasonably confident that either both or one of ultron/oreo are scum. I don't particularly care if they burn.

Come forward. Give us your win condition and we can help each other out. If you have one arson left, lets make sure we target scum with that arson. If you're not targetting town, we have no reason to lynch you or stop you.

This could be a chance to take out several scum today, and we need a big win after a long streak of losses.

Part 1

01. [m] oreomunsta - New - MDT Since day 2 has been posting fluff asking questions and say others should not be silent while he does the same. I did the same thing during the Persona game -Scum

05. [m] rac - New - EST
obviously im not very confident in most of my reads or i would have posted more of them and sooner
This is such a cop out just like him going after Palmer for voting on Bowlie who voted for Nomadic. Just all around strange non town behaviour and coasting. I want more from you like a complete read list and your top 3 scum -Slighty Scum

06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - New - GMT+10 Is the first to bring up the Harem mechanic even before Ultron talks about being recruited, has been lazy and uninterested in the dealings of the day probably too busy collecting waifus for his harem to care what happens to town. I still want an answer to why you put the hammer down on Dusk. -Neutral

07. [m] Poltergust - New - EST Something in this post feels so off. Has been a lot more quiet at the later days like his scum mates told him to tone it down with the Kyan accusations. -Slight scum

Kevyt

Okay, I no longer think Cabot is scum but the sudden jump on him from Swamped makes me feel uneasy about her alignment.

As far as Dragonz, a bit null.

But... where is 30yearsofhurt?

Okay then post a full read list of every townie alive and your top 3-4 scum.

I said that, but you have rac quoted. Here are my reads so far:

30yearsofhurt - haven't noticed much to make me sway one way or another
BlackBuzzard - scum after pulling out an early post of mine to rac after they said they were staying quiet with reason
cabot - hard to tell. In general, I like the way Cabot prods others and constantly posts questions for everyone to consider, but I just don't feel confident in labeling him one way or another yet
Cewyn - slight scum. Cewyn has a very weird playstyle so far, with erratic behavior
flatearthpandas - slight scum. The way fep came into the game up until now has me suspicious
Kawl_USC - slight Town. Kawl hasn't set off any alarms for me in a good way
Poltergust - I'm divided on this one. Still believe Polter is suspicious, but he was either a slightly confused Town at the beginning of the game, or a scum who may have had some guidance from scum as the game went on
rac - hard to say. Would like to hear more from rac
squidyj - slight Town. This is my first game with squid, but I think his confusing style of play is his norm. I appreciate the way he questions bandwagons
Swamped - slight scum. The posts she makes don't jive will with me.
TheExodu5 - scum. Out of the blue, you and exo suddenly have strong suspicions of me? Totally not suspicious :V
ultron87 - I'm surprised to have switched on him, but I'm leaning either Town or neutral on him. We could very well be harem-mates, or he could be the harem king himself, and be lying about getting tagged.
WhereAreMahDragonz - slight scum. As someone posted earlier, Dragonz was deep into the Dusk Kool aid, and without good reason. If she was scum, following Dusk's bogus gamble would be pretty favorable for her

So, my scum reads are, so far, BB, cewyn, swamped, exo, and Dragonz. That's a lot of scum, so I'm likely overshooting the number of scum left

Kevyt

Yeah, you know what... This reminds me so much of the previous game we played together Dragonz, and you were scum that game. Also, your voting seems questionable to me.

Vote: WhereAreMahDragonz

You have also been too quick to jump in bandwagons my darling.

I know we have a shit ton of time before the end of the day phase, but I am going to do this now, with the intention of avoiding last minute craziness.

To hide my gender, I will not disclose my character. But I am from the anime Ouran High School Host Club, and I am vanilla town

Kevyt

I know we have a shit ton of time before the end of the day phase, but I am going to do this now, with the intention of avoiding last minute craziness.

To hide my gender, I will not disclose my character. But I am from the anime Ouran High School Host Club, and I am vanilla town

Who are your top scum reads besides cabot for this day?

Didn't you claim a PR earlier?

Kevyt

Dragonz actually did not claim a town PR before and the only thing that makes me want to believe that she is indeed town is Haly's post on Day 1 when Dragonz started get some unwanted attentions and votes to her name:

Vote-WhereAreMahDragonz

She's posting a lot and is generally active. Helpful to town, yes, lots of poking and prodding but where was the (I admit this is hypocritical of me) vote? Only after a few people give her the side eye does she go for Nomadic, who's in all likelihood a town.

Consider, if he had access to a scum chat would all of them be okay with no lynch? No lynching is notoriously unfavoured among regular players so either the entire team are novices or he's working alone. Pushing no lynch is rarely if ever an actual scum play, even if it is firmly anti-town (two different things, keep in mind). Scum will freely lynch anyone, they don't need to save townies, which is what Nomadic wants to do.

Now that the day phase is half over it's about time to start building a vote and I feel like Nomadic is too easy a target at this point. There's nothing scum likes more than easy targets who'll simply blunder themselves into a mislynch.

Makes me wonder why Haly (who was replaced by Blarg who turned out to be scum) was Prodding Dragonz with a vote on day 1, unless it was to potentially diffuse the situation should she have flipped scum being lynched on D1

We now know that Haly was scum, but even then, Haly did not have a strong case for voting Dragonz. In fact, Dragonz's behavior was favorable for Town, since pokes and prods does stimulate talk, and not putting down an immediate vote does avoid bandwagons. I noted this in my earlier reads, where Dragonz was a strong player, but it wasn't evident for which side.

It's the Dusk business that concerns me with Dragonz.

Dragonz, if you were in my shoes, would you see yourself as suspicious to your Dusk faith? As I said before, this would be really favorable to you if you were scum, regardless of Dusk being right or wrong

TheExodu5

Banned
Of all things to take from Dusk's parting posts, the cabot/kyan lynch is the dumbest thing to stick to. He had no knowledge whatsoever and his secret chat BS had nothing to do with anything. Dragonz' insistence on using that as a reason to lynch reads scummy, or plain misguided.

I don't think following Dusk is scummy at all...some good may yet come from his gambit. I think we should carefully revisit d2 to see how people reacted to his claim, now knowing that he intended it to be a trap.

I'll let someone else do the heavy lifting since I've got some hefty deadlines to meet today for work. -_-

Didn't you claim a PR earlier?

Nope. Only said that I was ready to claim a role / anime.

We now know that Haly was scum, but even then, Haly did not have a strong case for voting Dragonz. In fact, Dragonz's behavior was favorable for Town, since pokes and prods does stimulate talk, and not putting down an immediate vote does avoid bandwagons. I noted this in my earlier reads, where Dragonz was a strong player, but it wasn't evident for which side.

It's the Dusk business that concerns me with Dragonz.

Dragonz, if you were in my shoes, would you see yourself as suspicious to your Dusk faith? As I said before, this would be really favorable to you if you were scum, regardless of Dusk being right or wrong

Not really. Dusk was town, and I believed him as a cop and I believed him as a vig. I'm not saying the play was good, mind you, but Dusk isn't a newbie. There must have been some reason for the Cabot prods and the ridiculous claim.

Dragon didn't make some busted ass fake claim.

So I'm 90% sure she's not scum.

:')

Dragonz actually did not claim a town PR before and the only thing that makes me want to believe that she is indeed town is Haly's post on Day 1 when Dragonz started get some unwanted attentions and votes to her name:

Well, she definitely wanted to claim something at some point. No specifics, but Dusk's post yesterday reminded me that she did something of the sort.

Ah, found the posts I was looking for.

I am prepared to claim if I have to, obviously, flavor and all, but I won't do it at the moment.
I mean I'm totes cool with you checking me, but I think that Squiddy is right in that you should get other volunteers to check to throw off scum.

Because I'm fully expecting to die tonight now, since there's no way they'd risk the chance of having a confirmed town around. Unless scum do have a manipulator of some kind, which means I will get a red check from you.

Either way, I'm ready to claim should that happen. I dunno, I think the risk is worth it.

Guess it wasn't a PR, though. The wording certainly implied it that way to me, though.

ultron87

To echo some others, the whole way that Dragonz has approached the Dusk situation was the scummiest thing I've seen. Trying to plan cop targets with a requested self target, trusting Dusk even when he was being ridiculously obfuscating, trusting in Dusk's non-existent "info" to go after Cabot now? It just doesn't make sense if coming from a sincere perspective.

I hate to really belabor this but...

What the fucking balls? How do you possibly justify this?

Anyway, didn't end up with much time yesterday and won't have much today so I'll mostly be active tomorrow I suppose. Got a chance to skim through the people I said I would and oreo's harem claim is actually the thing that stuck out the most to me.

Guys, what the hell is this?? I got a message telling me that overnight, I was added into somebody's harem!?

Is my fate tied to someone now?? D:

So... weird. So oreo, I want to know: why do you think your fate is tied to someone? This doesn't sound like the arson that others have been speculating on. Sounds almost more like a lovers thing, which fits the flavor but I don't remember Ultron saying anything like it.

I got a note last night that I'm part of someone's harem now. It didn't contain any other information. So that's probably some neutral thing.

Ultron makes sense as a target as well. He had just claimed a towny PR and whoever is adding people might have figured he'd be around for a while. Which, come to think of it, is strange. Why is Ultron still around? Why did scum hit someone like Palmer before a claimed PR? Ultron's claimed power gets more dangerous for the game in general every day phase as well. Something to think about.

But that's beside my point for now. What did your note say, Oreo?
Right now the claim seems fake. Oreo hasn't picked up any serious flak so I guess he makes sense as a neutral target insofar as that.

Panda, all I got as a message was that I woke up, and had a note on me that said I'm now part of someone's harem. I wish I knew more :(

The arsonist description makes sense to me since I'm not familiar with most of the PR's in mafia (first time player). I originally asked about fates being tied because I've now got a tie to the harem king (?) and potentially Ultro, with no direction as to whether my ties to them are mutual or predatory

Kevyt

To the mods team: I honestly have Squidyj on Ignore so I can't see his posts, and if this is against the rules I'll remove him of the ignore list-but his attitude towards other players and the "f u" attitude seems unwarranted, toxic and off-putting.

I:

Ourobolus

Banned
To the mods team: I honestly have Squidyj on Ignore so I can't see his posts, and if this is against the rules I'll remove him of the ignore list-but his attitude towards other players and the "f u" attitude seems unwarranted, toxic and off-putting.

I:

Yes, take him off of ignore.

29. You may not put any active players in this game on your ignore list. If you have an active player on your ignore list, please remove them. Obviously this is on the honor system, but please don't do it, or joke about doing it.

El Topo

I'm afraid it is generally considered inappropriate during mafia games. May I point you towards Rule #29, found here?

29. You may not put any active players in this game on your ignore list. If you have an active player on your ignore list, please remove them. Obviously this is on the honor system, but please don't do it, or joke about doing it.

If you have issues with a player, please try to solve them in an appropriate manner in the game or ask us mods to mediate. You may also develop a grudge against them and carry it over to other games, until people believe it is a joke even though you really, really, really hate that player and your hatred consumes you until you spend every minute of your life plotting against them.

Top Bottom