• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Related -- Do You Believe Everyone Has A Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
First and foremost, I'd like to have a discussion on this topic with level heads. If you don't agree with what I'm about to write, fine, voice your intelligent and thoughtful responses below. No drive-by shitposting, please.

I've always wondered if dating could ever really make sense to anyone -- why people end up with the mates they have. Do beautiful women usually really end up dating wealthy men? Are below-average looking men with menial incomes severely limited in their choice of dating partners? This is a very sensitive topic, let's just get that out in the open. Many people want to believe that true love exists in a vacuum and that things like status, looks, and wealth do not matter in our chances for finding an attractive or truly desirable mate. But some feel that reality -- and history -- tell a much different story.

I originally heard about this "rating system" from a radio show many years ago called Loveline. I don't know who originally authored it but it has stuck in my head for the last 15 or 20 years, and to me at least, it's continually made sense with what I've observed in the world around me. So without further delay, here's how you can find out your number in the dating game.

All scores are rated 1-10

Men:

Categories -- Looks, status, personality, sense of humor/spirit.

Looks: Self explanatory. Genetic handsomeness.

Status: Your position in life. Are you a 7-11 clerk (2 out of 10) or a CEO of a Fortune 500 company (10 of 10)?

Personality: Who you are in a social setting. When you're at a party, do you quietly sit in the corner avoiding most people (a 1 or a 2) or are you the guy in the middle of a group of people telling a great/funny story and making new friends in the process (probably a 10).

Sense of humor/Spirit: This is a dual category because it comes from the same place. Sense of humor is self explanatory, and spirit is how driven and excited by life you are. If you absolutely love skiing, snowboarding, hunting, driving race cars, these kinds of things you're a spirited individual. Someone who is always wanting to try new things and is outwardly adventurous.

Women:

Categories -- Face, Body, Personality, maintenance level.

Face: Very self explanatory.

Body: See above. Men are more visually and physically inclined by nature so this is divided into two catagories.

Personality: How fun and interesting the woman is. This is pretty self explanatory as well.

Maintenance Level: How much upkeep a woman requires to feel good about you, or the relationship. Also how stable her mood is and how well she is able to control her emotions. How easy she is to be around factors in as well. A "10" would be a woman who was very happy doing whatever you wanted to do, never/rarely complained or nagged you, gave you your space and respected your need for time alone. A "1" would be a woman who is very unstable emotionally, easily bored, very needy, and just generally a headache to date.

All scores for both sexes are added up and divided by 4 (for an average of all scores). Ideal relationships are when mates are within 1 point of each other, 2 is really stretching it.

So a man with a 7 looks, 6 status, 8 personality, and a 5 Sense of Humor/Spirit would be a 6.5. So ideally he'd date a woman who's a 7 or if he's very lucky a 7.5.

Typically, people's first reaction to this rating system is to completely discard it -- don't. I encourage you to take a deep breath, stop for a moment and be honest with yourself about the people around you and I think you'll see a lot of this actually makes sense.

So how about you, GAF? Do you think any of this makes sense? If not, what would you change/add? Or is there just no rhyme of reason to how people match up?

FUME5

You really expect a legitimate response to this? When 1 of the 4 categories ascribed to women is 'maintenance level'?

gaiages

Banned
What? No. Rating people just limits your options (oh he/she is out of my league) and misses what makes an individual unique, which often times the thing that leads to attraction.

Also in general a grading system that takes the average individual scores is inheritantly flawed... for stuff like media and video games. It's a flat out waste for time for something as complex as another human being.

Zibrahim

I don't know why you believed this system is credible for almost two decades, but it's something a sociopath would come up with.

Not saying that to be rude; there's nothing inherently wrong with being a sociopath. But I know people who think like that and they are single or friendless. Those that put on an effective mask don't have close friends or meaningful relationships.

So while I think it's an interesting way of assessing suitability, it's not a very pragmatic or effective method...in my opinion.

PaulloDEC

This seems like some kind of dystopian teen movie nonsense where people are only allowed to fraternise with those at or below their computer-assigned rank.

Like the teens in this theoretical movie, everyone should seek to disregard such rules and just try to make connections with people they like.

Horp

I cant attest to all your descriptions and categories but yes I think everyone has a number; when it comes to first impression. After having met a few times things are too complex for putting a number on it.

Edit: i actually dont agree with ANY of your descriptions or categories. I only agree with the fact that first impression wise, people could be placed on a scale. (Rough scale)

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
This is just an unspoken thing that happens, OP. Trying to ascribe a formal system to it is a fool's errand.

I mean, in the broadest sense it works (ugly, poor people with bad personalities get the dregs, charming people with amazing bodies and astounding wealth basically can get whoever), but since it's a mostly subjective thing you can't append numbers to it.

EDIT: holy jeez I did not read that post properly, what the heck

14531707.gif

Guys sure love numbers mixed with dating. OP looks like some straight up redpill stuff. Like do you also employ "lookmaxing"? (just encountered this from a self-pitying redpiller on the Dating GAF thread)

Let's go all the way XD
The final stage of red pill is either:

1-3: Lefort 10
4-7 PS
8+ dgaf, stop posting here and carry on.

This is for the 4-7 people here.

Midface ratio > eyes > skin > hair > chin >> cheek bones > jawline > nose >> lips > ears

Here is the facial aesthetics thread.

Why you should Looks Max.

Quick guide to major problems and their solutions

I can not rate guys, if you want a rating see this thread.

Looks maxing stems from metrosexuality which stems from both the gay and the cosmopolitan subculture, its purpose spawned by feminism and the realization of LMS dying out with its introduction.
We are 10 years past the mainstream metrosexuality era, women are even fussier and we have lots more information easily available on looks and beauty in men and access to better surgeries. Being photogenic has never been so important.​

vypek

Guys sure love numbers mixed with dating. OP looks like some straight up redpill stuff. Like do you also employ "lookmaxing"? (just encountered this from a self-pitying redpiller on the Dating GAF thread)

Let's go all the way XD
The final stage of red pill is either:

1-3: Lefort 10
4-7 PS
8+ dgaf, stop posting here and carry on.

This is for the 4-7 people here.

Midface ratio > eyes > skin > hair > chin >> cheek bones > jawline > nose >> lips > ears

Here is the facial aesthetics thread.

Why you should Looks Max.

Quick guide to major problems and their solutions

I can not rate guys, if you want a rating see this thread.

Looks maxing stems from metrosexuality which stems from both the gay and the cosmopolitan subculture, its purpose spawned by feminism and the realization of LMS dying out with its introduction.
We are 10 years past the mainstream metrosexuality era, women are even fussier and we have lots more information easily available on looks and beauty in men and access to better surgeries. Being photogenic has never been so important.​

Lol when I saw the OP I did think of this post in the other thread. Crazy stuff

Black_Red

How can I factor age difference on this equation?

Edit: OMG I just read the Maintenance Level on woman, this is worse than I thought

FUME5

Now I've got to know what you rate yourself (including receipts) and what you rated the last woman you were with.

Sounds like a Stepford Wife would rate a perfect 40!

Seriously, the fact that this rating system gives womens' Personality a single rating, and physical beauty two separate ratings, is insulting to men.

gaiages

Banned
lol why do men and women have different things to rank anyway? Women's faces and sense of humor isn't important I see. And I can't rate a man on his maintenance level? wtf kind of ranking is that even in the first place? By the description maintenance level sounds like "how docile and submissive is this woman going to be"...

man so creepy

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Jesus jumping juniper christ, you are over thinking this to a degree that borders on serial killer creepy.

Aaron

I have to say if you need a warning right up front about no shitposting... maybe you should consider you might be the one shitposting.

Disxo

lol why do men and women have different things to rank anyway? Women's faces and sense of humor isn't important I see. And I can't rate a man on his maintenance level? wtf kind of ranking is that even in the first place? By the description maintenance level sounds like "how docile and submissive is this woman going to be"...

man so creepy
Yuuup this stood out for me.
Dude needs to go to dating age.
Hmmm

Why stop at face and body OP? We need rating for everrrry body part!

Face and height>>>>>>>>Everything else
Of course you are here with the most shallow possible answer that you self insert into everybody. Then whine some more about your own false perception of people you don't know.

SomTervo

Just doesn't work that way

Be a nice person and care a little bit about what you look like. That's my trick.

PS thanks for the thread, it's a barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom