• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Fireblend

Banned
I do not believe either CCS or Milk are good lynch options today, but if it was in my hands, I'd probably rather see CCS succumb to death's embrace.

Also, what's become of KingKitty?

*Splinter

I do not believe either CCS or Milk are good lynch options today, but if it was in my hands, I'd probably rather see CCS succumb to death's embrace.

Also, what's become of KingKitty?
He checked out earlier. I don't know god's country time but I think he's gone for the rest of this phase.

Sophia

Day 1 votes

kalor (0)
spoiled milk 37 (204)
kingkitty 52 (86)

spoiled milk (4)
ccs 53
flame_ac 56 (442)
kingkitty 256
zeemumu 276
kawl_usc 281
ourobolus 285 (354)

gorlak (0)
fireblend 63 (244)
ourobolus 105 (171)

zeemumu (1)
ourobolus 66 (105)
kingkitty 86 (256)
kalor 371

fireblend (0)
zippedpinhead 67 (70)

ourobolus (0)
zippedpinhead 70 (280)
*splinter 90 (305)
nin1000 98 (288)
spoiled milk 204 (308)
crab 241 (302)
kawl_usc 268 (273)
ourobolus 271 (275)

no lynch (0)
poltergust 78 (78)

kingkitty (0)
zeemumu 112 (276)

*splinter (0)
crab 117 (241)
batsnacks 133 (316)

poltergust (0)
ourobolus 171 (271)
ourobolus 275 (285)

nin1000 (1)
kalor 193 (371)
gorlak 315 (325)
crab 414

crab (1)
fireblend 244

spilled milk (0)
kawl_usc 274 (281)

ccs (3)
nin1000 288
*splinter 305 (428)
spoiled milk 308
ourobolus 354

flame_ac (2)
gorlak 325
*splinter 428

kawl_usc (1)
batsnacks 342

zippedpinhead (1)
poltergust 403

Majority is 9

Day 1 ends in:

ora_1496178000.png

Fireblend

Banned
Who would you rather lynch

My one vote is on who I'd like to see lynched today.

I'd be fine with plenty others. Zeemumu, Flame, maybe Zipped or Kawl... I just took a quick glance at the vote list and remembered Gorlak is in this game, and I even voted for him in the beginning.

*Splinter

My one vote is on who I'd like to see lynched today.

I'd be fine with plenty others. Zeemumu, Flame, maybe Zipped or Kawl... I just took a quick glance at the vote list and remembered Gorlak is in this game, and I even voted for him in the beginning.
Crab isn't being lynched today. Yeah he's coasting on reputation a bit, but there's been nothing to suggest he's scum.

Vote flame. Maybe he will post again :eek:

Fireblend

Banned
How about Polter

Polter reminds me of myself in my early games, though I doubt I would have openly suggested to lynch someone at random on the last day, or be so much in denial that we're not getting any clear-cut facts on D1. I don't think his mechanics discussion early in the day was really alignment indicative in any way, but his random vote does look very bad. I'd have no trouble joining you in this crusade.

Polter reminds me of myself in my early games, though I doubt I would have openly suggested to lynch someone at random on the last day, or be so much in denial that we're not getting any clear-cut facts on D1. I don't think his mechanics discussion early in the day was really alignment indicative in any way, but his random vote does look very bad. I'd have no trouble joining you in this crusade.

You mean "first", right?

Fireblend

Banned
Um, yes. I voted at random... because it's the first day.

Are you saying the game can end at Day 1!? =O

No, I'm saying it's a very bad idea. Let's suppose you're town. And you get lynched tonight. When we go back and look at what you said today, the fact that you voted completely at random today and had no opinion at all, so much so that voting at random looked like the better alternative, tells us nothing at all. Your contribution to the game was zero.

Fireblend

Banned
Ah, that makes more sense. Fireblend, you need to be more specific about these things. Whenever I talk about days and nights, I never refer to the actual day or night we're on, but the in-game one.

I don't know if you're being coy here or if you really had trouble understanding what I was saying.

Ouro, your argument is very compelling.

No, I'm saying it's a very bad idea. Let's suppose you're town. And you get lynched tonight. When we go back and look at what you said today, the fact that you voted completely at random today and had no opinion at all, so much so that voting at random looked like the better alternative, tells us nothing at all. Your contribution to the game was zero.

...You sorta put up an argument as to why no one should vote for me today. I die, get revealed to be town, and...?

Obviously, I wouldn't be voting randomly in the future. I simply do not like voting on little grounds. I don't even like my current vote, but pressuring inactive players is better than doing nothing.

I don't know if you're being coy here or if you really had trouble understanding what I was saying.

Ouro, your argument is very compelling.

Weren't you the one roleplaying here the most (well, besides nin)? Of course I interpreted "day" as it being an in-game day.

Fireblend

Banned
...You sorta put up an argument as to why no one should vote for me today. I die, get revealed to be town, and...?

Obviously, I wouldn't be voting randomly in the future. I simply do not like voting on little grounds. I don't even like my current vote, but pressuring inactive players is better than doing nothing.

Ok, let me finish my argument since you don't seem to be able to finish it yourself. Scum doesn't want to leave a trail of opinions that can be used to hunt the rest of them, so it'd be real convenient for one of them to just pick a "random" player between a pool of players picked by some arbitrary parameter (such as who was less active) in order to provide no info to town upon death.

Whatever you are, what you're doing is decidedly anti-town.

Ok, let me finish my argument since you don't seem to be able to finish it yourself. Scum doesn't want to leave a trail of opinions that can be used to hunt the rest of them, so it'd be real convenient for one of them to just pick a "random" player between a pool of players picked by some arbitrary parameter (such as who was less active) in order to provide no info to town upon death.

Whatever you are, what you're doing is decidedly anti-town.

Activity wasn't an arbitrary parameter; it was the only parameter. Everything else that has happened today doesn't mean much to me until we get more context as the game goes on. Post count is the only thing I can really count on at this point because it's the only reliable metric we have.

No one has died yet so we have no idea what roles are in play.
No one has claimed yet so we can't cross-check them with how they behaved previously.

People on Day 1 are, at best, making shots in the dark and hoping it sticks. I just decided to drop that pretense altogether because I feel as if there is little point. Meaningful discussion today is good going forward, but the actual vote now means little.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Both of these lynches are terrible. We're either lynching Milk for bringing attention to himself in a way that mafia effectively never does, or lynching CCS for ??? - and I'm normally first in the queue for a CCS lynch.

Flame_AC

Our whole gear here is to try and establish patterns, or even just little hints about the way people feel/talk about one another that can be used by either our power roles or our votes tomorrow. Day 1 may be bad, but it is one of those necessary evils.

nin1000

Banned
Both of these lynches are terrible. We're either lynching Milk for bringing attention to himself in a way that mafia effectively never does, or lynching CCS for ??? - and I'm normally first in the queue for a CCS lynch.
220px-Boris_Johnson_July_2015.jpg

Give the British people a name and we
as a nation
shall follow you

Fireblend

Banned

The person I want lynched speaks the truth. Let's reach a compromise and find some better targets, like Zeemumu or Polter or Zipped or Kawl (
or Crab
).

Flame_AC

^Takes umbridge with that.

I feel like the seeming lack of panic indicates we're not on the path to a scum, or at the very least they aren't too worried.

Kalor

I find that I can't get behind any of the other lynches. Granted the reasoning is loose for all of them but if spoiled milk is going to be lynched I see no reason why nin isn't in contention since the same reasons apply to him.

Fireblend

Banned
Vote: Poltergust

Cmon guys you know you want to after that convo above.

Also I'm sorry roleplaying is super tiring I can't keep at it.

Flame_AC

Man, I thought Poltergust was a new player, but in checking the player list, apparently not?

Vote: Poltergust

Oh, and this might look like Fire/Flame work together, but :/.

cabot

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

spoiled milk (4)
ccs 53
flame_ac 56 (442)
kingkitty 256
zeemumu 276
kawl_usc 281
ourobolus 285 (354)

zeemumu (1)
ourobolus 66 (105)
kingkitty 86 (256)