• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Ourobolus

Banned
Someone claims they're miller and a cop check will never work. What is everyone supposed to do with this? We have to policy lynch people who claim miller because the alternative is to let mafia make fake role claims and trust them for most of the game. No thanks.

Don't know what you want me to do. I didn't pick my role.

Fireblend

Banned
I actually like the Miller claim being at the end of D1 even if the day didn't yield some mad reads or crazy info anyway.

I'm perfectly fine with lynching Ouro simply on the basis that I would not want him around late-game.

Let's not do it too early, though. We still need input from everyone about what happened yesterday.

Ourobolus

Banned
So do we really think Milk is scum, or just really, really, really misguided Town? Because while I understand that I'm quite ravishing, he can't take his eyes off of me, even before my claim.

Kalor

So do we really think Milk is scum, or just really, really, really misguided Town? Because while I understand that I'm quite ravishing, he can't take his eyes off of me, even before my claim.

I read it as misguided town. I don't think scum would have opened day 1 by mentioning a role name.

kingkitty

I know typically it's something that should be claimed on D1. But I didn't want to distract everyone on D1 with bullshit Miller talk, so I waited until the end.

I'm not sure I played enough games (if any) with a miller to know the best usual strategy to deal with this known unknown. But in my American opinion, the ideal scenario may have been for you to claim instantly and then ultimately voted out in Day 1. Yeah it would've been a bummer because Ouro is not terrible unlike cabot, but this is an issue I'd rather throw in the volcano.

Considering we didn't actually kill anyone during Day 1, I'd support your death on Day 2.

vote: Ourobolus

That's my vote for now, unless I change my mind later after some dank reads. Which should be baked ready either tonight or tomorrow night.

Also, go Lebron. Go Cavs.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm not sure I played enough games (if any) with a miller to know the best usual strategy to deal with this known unknown. But in my American opinion, the ideal scenario may have been for you to claim instantly and then ultimately voted out in Day 1. Yeah it would've been a bummer because Ouro is not terrible unlike cabot, but this is an issue I'd rather throw in the volcano.

Considering we didn't actually kill anyone during Day 1, I'd support your death on Day 2.

vote: Ourobolus

That's my vote for now, unless I change my mind later after some dank reads. Which should be baked ready either tonight or tomorrow night.

Also, go Lebron. Go Cavs.

I'm not expecting to survive today, but at least do some due diligence on everyone else so you don't waste the day.

Kalor

I understand why people think lynching Ouro today is a good idea but I don't think it's the best move. If he gets lynched and turns out to be a miller then that is two days spent on pointless lynches. We'll learn nothing from his lynch that we don't already know beyond confirming his role. Let's say that he is scum. Why would a scum member claim to be a miller at the end of the day? I don't think he was suspicious enough that a cop would check him so why risk it?

So Poltergust, why didn't you pick a side yesterday?

Two reasons:

1) I already explained several times that I wouldn't take part in the lynch circus that was going to happen at the end of the day.

2) I didn't think that you guys would actually allow for a tie to happen. I have to agree with Kalor and *Splinter's dumbfoundedness over how inactive many people were going into the final minutes.

Funnily enough, this was the result I initially wanted back in Anime Mafia. I wonder how the game will sort itself out from here on. Apparently, no lynch happening on Day 1 is an extreme rarity on Gafia.

It's rare because it's useless. We have less information without a flip.

I know that, and it was explained to me back in Anime Mafia. That's why I changed my No Lynch vote to one of the top choices for that day.

I feel as if history is repeating itself somewhat, though. Similar number of votes between then and now for Day 1 prime lynches, and back then both candidates were town. I wonder if the vote between Spoiled Milk and Flame_AC is also town vs. town...

Ourobolus

Banned
I know that, and it was explained to me back in Anime Mafia. That's why I changed my No Lynch vote to one of the top choices for that day.

I feel as if history is repeating itself somewhat, though. Similar number of votes between then and now for Day 1 prime lynches, and back then both candidates were town. I wonder if the vote between Spoiled Milk and Flame_AC is also town vs. town...

I think Milk is town, or at worst, neutral.

Flame_AC's post where he votes worries me though.

Vote: Spoiled Milk

No tie.

He was the other lynch candidate. Why does he care about a tie?

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (3)
*Splinter 528
Fireblend 536
Ourobolus 561

Ourobolus (2)
Spoiled Milk 533
kingkitty 562

Spoiled Milk (1)
Zippedpinhead 524

Poltergust (0): Ourobolus 537 561

No active vote for Day 2: backslashbunny, CCS, Crab, Flame_AC, Gorlak, Kalor, Kawl_USC, nin1000, Poltergust, zeemumu

Day 2 Postcount: *Splinter 2, backslashbunny 1, CCS 1, Crab 0, Fireblend 5, Flame_AC 0, Gorlak 0, Kalor 3, Kawl_USC 0, kingkitty 2, nin1000 0, Ourobolus 19, Poltergust 10, Spoiled Milk 7, zeemumu 0, Zippedpinhead 5

Day 2 ends:
gre_1496610000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Kawl_USC

I'm not following how we have to lynch people who claim miller, otherwise <fake role claims>.

The logic behind it is a miller screws over the one sure fire way town has (in some games) of finding scum, the generic cop. So if you get into a meta where miller claims are allowed to exist then you are entering a meta where you are weaking cops. I don't agree with this logic for a couple of reasons (only one miller claim per game, leaving the rest of the scum team vulnerable to copping, the ability to assess said miller for scummy logic/behavior notwithstanding their miller claim, the fact that its a high risk behavior as the meta can always change).

I think that Ouro is at least posting enough so that he won't be flying under the radar regardless. I can see arguments for him drowning us in a deluge of posts, but I'd rather have that than someone skating by on the minimum 10 posts per phase. Lets not policy lynch Ouro today, but rather give him enough rope to hang himself if he is actually scum. I'd rather look at some other players. If ouro is actually a miller, the scum team will be more than happy to go along with his lynch, so y'all already pushing that avenue are getting some side eye from me.

Ourobolus

Banned
Wait, you can't fool me! You're in this together!

Unvote: Flame_AC
Vote: Ourobolus

He won't even give us his role name!

Dammit Kawl, he's on to us. I told you we shouldn't do this shit on D2. This is totally a D4 gambit at best.

Milk you're being really dumb right now.

Flame_AC

I think Milk is town, or at worst, neutral.

Flame_AC's post where he votes worries me though.

He was the other lynch candidate. Why does he care about a tie?

I mean, really? I was watching my computer clock and posted my vote at 4:59:30~. At the time it was 4-4. I previously indicated that I would be around for day end and that I would break a tie if it was about to happen. I vote / batsnacks votes and then we go 5-5 in a span of 30 seconds before day end.

I'm town and see a tie about to happen and we all know that a lynch would have been the best thing to happen. I tried to break it, and whether you believe it or not, I did not see batsnacks' vote until mine was posted since I was just siting on the posting button and looking at the clock.

Ourobolus

Banned
I mean, really? I was watching my computer clock and posted my vote at 4:59:30~. At the time it was 4-4. I previously indicated that I would be around for day end and that I would break a tie if it was about to happen. I vote / batsnacks votes and then we go 5-5 in a span of 30 seconds before day end.

I'm town and see a tie about to happen and we all know that a lynch would have been the best thing to happen. I tried to break it, and whether you believe it or not, I did not see batsnacks' vote until mine was posted since I was just siting on the posting button and looking at the clock.

My point is you were the other lynch candidate. You saying "don't want a tie" is really weird. I'd honestly understand if you just put your vote out there as self-preservation with no comment, but the "don't want a tie" comment was really...odd.

Flame_AC

Also, I think the votes on me are kind of lazy or at least misguided. Unfortunately I feel like we're on track for a repeat of the first day.

Flame_AC

My point is you were the other lynch candidate. You saying "don't want a tie" is really weird. I'd honestly understand if you just put your vote out there as self-preservation with no comment, but the "don't want a tie" comment was really...odd.

I'm not following you, sorry.

Yes, I was the other candidate. I said earlier in the day I would stop a tie. I had made my peace with dying

If ouro is a Miller, wouldn't the Mafia want to ignore him?

But most importantly, why did the scum kill batsnacks :eek:

Because batsnacks's attempt at breaking the tie was the most pro-town thing anyone had done up to that point.

Or so I assume. They could've also just gotten lucky with a Godfather read or just picking someone at random.

There's also batsnacks's targeting of Kawl_USC to consider.

Flame_AC

... and at the time, I could either choose to kill me or someone else. I knew my alignment so I might as well have tried to get an unknown quantity in Spoiled Milk. Call that self-preservation or whatever you want, but I thought it was the right play not having seen batsnacks vote at the same time as mine.

(accidentally posted previous thing without finishing)

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm not following you, sorry.

Yes, I was the other candidate. I said earlier in the day I would stop a tie. I had made my peace with dying

I'm saying that you saying "you don't want to cause a tie" when you are one of the two candidates is irrelevant, since you only had one option to vote in that case. You making your peace with dying, which, ok, fine - but you didn't tell us that, and we can't confirm that.

... and at the time, I could either choose to kill me or someone else. I knew my alignment so I might as well have tried to get an unknown quantity in Spoiled Milk. Call that self-preservation or whatever you want, but I thought it was the right play not having seen batsnacks vote at the same time as mine.
Yeah this isn't weird at all. If I had been around at day's end I would have returned the favor. Flame doesn't seem that weird to me.

Actually, thinking about it now, voting to break the tie at the end is such an obviously pro-town move that I'm surprised that scum did not jump at the easy opportunity to play the hero.

Or maybe they did.

Kawl_USC

If ouro is a Miller, wouldn't the Mafia want to ignore him?

But most importantly, why did the scum kill batsnacks :eek:

Mafia would certainly ignore miller!ouro at night. But mafia loves nothing more than an easy lynch which is backed up by easy logic, which is exactly what a miller gives in our meta.

Personally, I don't put much stock into trying to decipher the meaning behind night kills. It's way to easy to play yourself via WIFOM.

Batsnacks is a strong player, not much more is needed beyond that. Of course being able to throw shade at another strong player (see post 582 for that in action) is just the cherry on top.

CCS

Banned
Yeah, but one of them was batsnacks, who is dead, another one is Flame, who was on the lynch train, and then there was Kalor being late

Indeed. So if we assume that scum tried to break a town v town tie for brownie points, that necessarily makes Kalor the scum.

Alternatively, one of Spoiled Milk or Flame is scum.

Given how much of a pro-town move breaking a tie is, I think there's a good chance that one of the above scenarios is true.

*Splinter

I know typically it's something that should be claimed on D1. But I didn't want to distract everyone on D1 with bullshit Miller talk, so I waited until the end.
So you wanted us to spend D2 with bullshit miller talk?

Bullshit.

The only benefits to your late claim are to you. No risk of cop visit and with less risk of being policy lynched. You know D2 is more likely to have alternative lynch targets than D1.

Give Milk the damn name, if only so he stops asking.

*Splinter

This is a load of rubbish as well. You should have voted far earlier to avoid a tie. Instead you waited until the last seconds to snipe the vote.

Your vote was parked on Milk most of the day. You only removed it with <2 hours to go, and didn't even vote for anyone else. You were around for day end but made no attempt to do anything (it was Milk v CCS until near the end) and only dropped your "tiebreaker" at the last second.

Scummy as fuck. Others might hesitate because they don't know the alignments of the players involved, might prefer one candidate over the other etc. You don't have that excuse. As town, you should have been voting to save the option that you know is town (yourself) as soon as you see that becoming a possibility.

*Splinter

Both of these lynches are terrible. We're either lynching Milk for bringing attention to himself in a way that mafia effectively never does, or lynching CCS for ??? - and I'm normally first in the queue for a CCS lynch.
&#128169;

*Splinter

Ok fine

Vote: Flame_AC
For reference, this is where the vote becomes 4-3-3 Milk/CCS/Flame. This is at 5 minutes to go and is where Flame should be making the choice between Milk and CCS.

In my previous post I said flame didn't vote, but I stand corrected:
Man, I thought Poltergust was a new player, but in checking the player list, apparently not?

Vote: Poltergust

Oh, and this might look like Fire/Flame work together, but :/.
He votes Polter. To be fair, I don't think he saw fire's new vote at the time of this post. But he had 5 minutes to change his vote and waited until the absolute last second so that noone could react to it.

Also that Fire/Flame comment is weird as fuck but I'm not sure whether or not to read into it. WIFOM and all that.

*Splinter

But I think, as far as lynching goes, Splinter made a fairly compelling argument about it being ether Milk or Flame.
I don't think I argued for a Milk lynch?

I'm pushing for Flame today. If he flips scum I think Milk is worth looking at next though. It could further explain Flame's reluctance to vote for him.

*Splinter

Well to be fair, I'm sure everyone would vote to save themselves on tiebreakers. Other than that, I find your previous post to be interesting.

For some weird reason I think zeemumu might be Mafia. I have no idea why. just a feeling
I like Zeemumu for now. There was a conversation started in post 351 that eventually led to him accusing me (up to around 450) and something about the uncertainty and how he kept second guessing himself just reads as genuine to me.

Since we're discussing "feelings". I keep getting vibes from Kalor posts, and he's not a player that usually triggers my suspicions (when town I mean).

*Splinter

Fireblend too, although not as frequently as Kalor.

Since I last provided my thoughts, Zipped seems to have become more active, [blah blah blah town read]

Err

He has?

You're right, that was an overstatement. In fact the way he responded right after my read and then went back into absence makes him shadier now that I read through the last page again. You've opened my eyes to the truth and I've become enlightened.
&#128169;

*Splinter

Since I last provided my thoughts, Zipped seems to have become more active, and I'd find it hard to continue justifying suspicion towards him as I had stated earlier. Fortunately my sharp mind and wit has provided me with a healthy amount of subjects I wouldn't oppose lynching today, specially crab, with flame and zeemumu trailing not far behind. I'm satisfied with where my vote sits now, however, and if things stay that way I'd only change it to prevent a tie lest something happens in the next couple hours.

You'd be right. The emphasis wasn't really needed.
Actually it's probably an overstatement to say he townread Zipped. Here is the unedited post.

Doesn't change my point.

*Splinter

Scum:
Flame_AC
Ourobolus
Spoiled Milk
Crab
Kalor
Fireblend
ZippedPinhead

Null:
backslashbunny
Zeemumu
Kawl
Poltergust
CCS
Kingkitty
Gorlak

Town:
Ningel Farage

I want to hear from Gorlak. He wasn't around for day end.

50109-a-saucer-of-milk-for-the-cat-illustration.jpeg

Top Bottom