• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good discount for Souls series, I mean Dark Souls III base game normal price is 100 dollars for mexico at 60% so the price falls to 40 dollars lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you think FF will get an even bigger discount than 50%? A friend told me it might get more before the sale ends and i really want to get 6 and 9.

The likelihood of the price changing before the sale is pretty low. To my knowledge, the only time they've ever been more than 50% off was during a price mistake.

Vlightray

Well that's my Sale sorted ended up with 8 games I wanted rest are still above my limits till next time.

Got Me:

AudioSurf 2
Inside
What Remains of Edith Finch
ABZU
Metal Gear Solid V
Quantum Break
Nex Machina
The Long Dark

PS. Shameless Plug I have zero friends on Steam please add venomous_1. I don't do much online stuff but still wouldn't mind some friends.

Everytime I get my Backlog down this happens lol but I love it!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not good discount for Souls series, I mean Dark Souls III base game normal price is 100 dollars for mexico at 60% which falls to 40 dollars lol

WinGameStore is having a Dark Souls III sale with better prices than Steam. Not sure if they're accessible in Mexico or not but they should be.

Well I bought 7 of the $30 pack so no complaining. lol
I feel so empty.
20 dollars ;-;
l1wBo2A.png
I shouldn't gamble.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

OR

header.jpg

Both are $15. Thoughts, GAF?

They're both fantastic, so this is a tough choice.

Go with Edith Finch if you want the better story with the lesser gameplay (Little Nightmares has a pretty good story too, but Eidth is a bit better, and Edith does have some gameplay just not as refined or as in-depth as Little Nightmares)

Go with Little Nightmares if you want a more intuitive gameplay experience with a tenser atmosphere (it can be a surprisingly scary game sometimes, has no dialogue bu does have a story and has some pretty solid mechanics for play).

They both have amazing atmospheres, music, and the such though. They're very different games, one is a narrative experience game, while the other is a sort of horror puzzle-platformer.

Here's the main musical theme for Edith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BRIaUvuOzo

And here's the main musical theme for Little Nightmares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgqAcce11s

Pejo

Gold Member
I'd have a hard time recommending this to someone who doesn't care about Dragon Quest.

Gameplay wise the second one is generally considered to be better (more open world instead of hub zone with battlefield instances).

Thanks, you just saved me 20 bucks!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone played Streets of Rogue? http://store.steampowered.com/app/512900/Streets_of_Rogue/

or 20XX? http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/20XX/

im a sucker for roguelikes. Just looking for some thoughts on these two.
I haven't played the second one, but Streets of Rogue is really good. There's a lot of options to tackle each floor, and you can go as sneaky or chaotic as you want. The game updates with new characters to unlock on a pretty regular basis. I think there's like what, 15 characters with one on the way? I sunk 16 hours into it over the course of like 3-4 days. Definitely a fun title, and I don't even like roguelikes all that much.

Leks

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395895.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Action Alien -- MB-70311D092DAFB23D - Taken by trailmix16
Bye-Bye, Wacky Planet -- MB-642163528E52BC28 - Taken by voodooray
CHAINSAW WARRIOR LORDS OF THE NIGHT -- MB-A3137F0EE0E35582 - Taken by yoshizzle
Cubicle Quest -- MB-9491D9C2215D3386 - Taken by DataGhost
Cyberhunt -- MB-E63B9B345A2F82A5 - Taken by Eila
Death by Game Show -- MB-14B2BA1B0E365234 - Taken by sadblob
Farming World -- MB-A6B2B55436C8653D - Taken by DataGhost
Five Champions of Canaan -- MB-BD599A6C95A99B20 - Taken by voodooray
Five Guardians Of David -- MB-BB451154AE1E3725 - Taken by DataGhost
Hyposohere -- MB-7B7FC03D7502754B - Taken by yoshizzle
Jumping Tank -- MB-C6C9E8478D1B443A - Taken by DataGhost
Madrobot X -- MB-B6129E6A72EB8A5F - Taken by trailmix16
NORTH -- MB-766FD1521EE4B4C7 - Taken by yoshizzle
POST MASTER -- MB-F9A4863009A11DD5 - Taken by DataGhost
Purgatory -- MB-7D35685082E3DE00 - Taken by DataGhost
Rise of The Argonauts -- MB-62E95BEC5AC96349 - Taken by DataGhost
Rise of the Triad -- MB-EDFF6BD1DCDE6A87 - Taken by DataGhost
Save Jesus -- MB-5A2FC882A77DC210 - Taken by sadblob
Space Pilgrim Episode 1 -- MB-0CED2B991A4A8851 - Taken by DataGhost
Spellweaver Chronicles The Holy Child- -- MB-E8D23EC009E64DB8 - Taken by Purkake4
Super Kitty Boing Boing -- MB-80A55A42BF54DD15 - Taken by madjoki
Table Top Racing: World Tour -- MB-CC0E48F1BD9664FB - Taken by electroflame
Taxi -- MB-F761DE3D321EF0B1 - Taken by electroflame
The First Spark -- MB-8D61E5614A0DDEB2 - Taken by electroflame
Tracks of Triumph: Summertime -- MB-404E40CAB7E46DAA - Taken by electroflame
Urizen Shadows of the Cold -- MB-2C7B812656A4222A - Taken by electroflame
Winexy -- MB-27D2484F969E8B91 - Taken by electroflame

For those interested. :)

Parsnip

It wasn't that. It was some random garbage with lots of creepy shots.

My queue has been full of them, finally decided to add visual novel tag in the queue settings just now.

If there's a good VN I need to know about, steamgaf will not fail to mention it so I'm probably not going to miss anything worthwhile.

Kadin

Anyone here ever got the $50 or greater credit from the GMG loot boxes? I have to imagine those are incredibly rare. I was tempted to buy a 30 pack but from what I'm seeing here, maybe I'll pass.

Deep down I was hoping Mass Effect A had truly become bundle trash and I'd get it lol
Anyone here ever got the $50 or greater credit from the GMG loot boxes? I have to imagine those are incredibly rare. I was tempted to but a 30 pack but from what I'm seeing here, maybe I'll pass.
PASS. I mean you've already seen but look above again to see what you'll likely get.

DataGhost

Anyone here ever got the $50 or greater credit from the GMG loot boxes? I have to imagine those are incredibly rare. I was tempted to but a 30 pack but from what I'm seeing here, maybe I'll pass.

If what people are posting show what is happening, it doesn't seem worth it.

Tizoc

Yes, I replied to it. ;) Not if you replied to my reply though.

Ah sorry, thread moves pretty fast as you know ^^;

Already have the Neo Geo games and Sonic Racing Transformed was boring when I last played it. Might look into DnD. Thanks.

Any other suggestions? Looking mainly for two player stuff.

Hmmm let me check my games list...
Assault Android Cactus
Raiden 3 and 4 (These are shoot'em-ups but are more traditional and not bullet hell. Later stages do end up having crafts that fire dozens of bullets on screen but nothing too hectic.)
Deadly Tower of Monsters has a 2 player co-op mode too
Guacamelee
Hyper Light Drifter
Borderlands 2 has a multiplayer mode iirc
Battle Fantasia

You may have some of these titles already but these are ones I recall having offline co-op modes.

Ventara

The more I think about it, the more I realize maybe I should hold off of buying anything. I've got a lot of interesting games in my backlog; I shouldn't be doing this. Already have my cart down to $5 and thinking of just scrapping it altogether. Shadow Tactics is the only game I REALLY want, but I have a preorder for the PS4 copy for the same price.

aku:jiki

PASS. I mean you've already seen but look above again to see what you'll likely get.
Hell, your haul was actually kind of good for a GMG mystery pack. $2 credit, Rise of the Triad, Merger 3D and Colin McRae really isn't bad compared to what you normally get, which is just garbage russian asset flips and scammy card games.

Xeroblade

I haven't played the second one, but Streets of Rogue is really good. There's a lot of options to tackle each floor, and you can go as sneaky or chaotic as you want. The game updates with new characters to unlock on a pretty regular basis. I think there's like what, 15 characters with one on the way? I sunk 16 hours into it over the course of like 3-4 days. Definitely a fun title, and I don't even like roguelikes all that much.

Well sir I think you sold me on the game, was on the fence, thanks!

How's Killing Floor 2? I need a new cooperative game to play with my buddy.

Its great for just shooting shit, its simple but can get really intense in some spots on certain maps. Pretty much L4D with more people.

BasilZero

Do you think FF will get an even bigger discount than 50%? A friend told me it might get more before the sale ends and i really want to get 6 and 9.

Your best bet is to buy them from SE's online store. They go up to 66% to 75%

It's where I bought more than half of my ff steam collection from.

ModBot said:
Instructions for InquisitorAles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NeverEnd -- MB-E993CFE34092EE35 - Taken by Purkake4
The ride never ends

Ladekabel

Ah sorry, thread moves pretty fast as you know ^^;

Hmmm let me check my games list...
Assault Android Cactus
Raiden 3 and 4 (These are shoot'em-ups but are more traditional and not bullet hell. Later stages do end up having crafts that fire dozens of bullets on screen but nothing too hectic.)
Deadly Tower of Monsters has a 2 player co-op mode too
Guacamelee
Hyper Light Drifter
Borderlands 2 has a multiplayer mode iirc
Battle Fantasia

You may have some of these titles already but these are ones I recall having offline co-op modes.

No problem. Some of the games we own and played. We're still super bummed out that AAC doesn't have online-coop.

How are 99Vidas and Battleblock Theatre? The first looks like that Scott Pilgrim game I always wanted to play. Never was a fan of Castle Crushers so I ignored Battleblock Theatre but Pit People looks cool so I might check it out.

Ozium

I'd have a hard time recommending this to someone who doesn't care about Dragon Quest.

Gameplay wise the second one is generally considered to be better (more open world instead of hub zone with battlefield instances).

I care about Dragon Quest and still didn't like DQ Heroes... not enough musou, too much tower defense

:(

also is modbot linked to this thread?

Blam

Anyone here ever got the $50 or greater credit from the GMG loot boxes? I have to imagine those are incredibly rare. I was tempted to buy a 30 pack but from what I'm seeing here, maybe I'll pass.

Just as an example I've opened 11ish? of the 30$ pack (Discounted ofcourse). And I have only gotten Andromeda and 6$ that's it.

Kinhow

Is the steam client really really slow for you too?
I can use the browser version just fine, but the store in my client is just too slow to buy anything =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom