• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a long time playing PUBG, I learned fortune favors the bold. Playing carefully is both boring and ineffective. People don't anticipate you playing aggressive.

Joeku

Nier seems short. Got route A down in like 7 and a half hours, and that's doing some sidequests.

An hour into the next thing and this is...interesting.

Megasoum

Banned
Just saw the Victor Lucas thread on Gaming Side and realized... It would be nice to have him on an E3 night show at some point.

The dude is a Canadian National Treasure and he's been a it for almost as long as Jeff

sgtdecimal

Neo Member
So I "crashed" Dan's Taco Bell wedding. Got to attend the ceremony and meet both families. Paul was just as weirded out about this thing as we were, but still very welcoming and fun to talk too. Also met Tim Turi and Ben Hanson both really great guys to have a chat with. Obviously finally meeting Dan and Bianca was a little surreal at first but both were easily approachable and I'm glad I was able to attend the wedding and eat Taco Bell in his presence. I had a great time and hope to meet them all again.

(I'm a very awkward smiler so I apologize for that)

DDNNr30U0AAfshQ

Tunoku

Nier seems short. Got route A down in like 7 and a half hours, and that's doing some sidequests.

An hour into the next thing and this is...interesting.

If you do most of the sidequests (and I highly recommend you do if you're intrigued by Taro's world at all) the game is around 40 hours long.

So I "crashed" Dan's Taco Bell wedding. Got to attend the ceremony and meet both families. Paul was just as weirded out about this thing as we were, but still very welcoming and fun to talk too. Also met Tim Turi and Ben Hanson both really great guys to have a chat with. Obviously finally meeting Dan and Bianca was a little surreal at first but both were easily approachable and I'm glad I was able to attend the wedding and eat Taco Bell in his presence. I had a great time and hope to meet them all again.

DDNNr30U0AAfshQ

did you really crash the dudes wedding

Dang, did he stream it?

Brad only does well when it isn't streamed.

DDNNr30U0AAfshQ

Bro.

Bro.

Joeku

If you do most of the sidequests (and I highly recommend you do if you're intrigued by Taro's world at all) the game is around 40 hours long.

So much running around a bad open world though :(

Also how's the progress work here? The side stuff I did before is already done? Is anything permanently missable?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Pretty much all the sidequests I did were "Go to X, pick up Y, to back to questgiver" quests...
Sometimes I really feel like I played a different version of Nier.

Tunoku

So much running around a bad open world though :(

Also how's the progress work here? The side stuff I did before is already done? Is anything permanently missable?

None of the side quests are missable. Very late in the game, and this is not a spoiler, you'll get access to a chapter select menu where you can go back and do the quests you missed. You can do a a big chunk of them once you've unlocked fast travel again during Route B, at least that's how I did.

Pretty much all the sidequests I did were "Go to X, pick up Y, to back to questgiver" quests...
Sometimes I really feel like I played a different version of Nier.

I agree, a lot of it is pretty straightforward from a gameplay standpoint. If you don't find the movement satisfying they're harder to get through, but the real value is the story content you get from the quests. In the end they all ended up being valuable pieces of the whole narrative to me.

If you can't stand doing them all, then at least do the YoRHa related ones.

Just saw the Victor Lucas thread on Gaming Side and realized... It would be nice to have him on an E3 night show at some point.

The dude is a Canadian National Treasure and he's been a it for almost as long as Jeff

I met him 6-ish years ago. He signed my copy of God of War III with a review score. I'll probably post a pic in that thread when I go through my stuff to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom