• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y5Fc0wj.png

Yes! Love me some murder (sorry to the haters).
Jeff, Alex, Vinny & Abby. Let's go!

I'm sad that Game of the Generation podcast will never come to pass, because I want to hear Jeff earnestly argue that 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand deserves to be on the list.

Honestly, even though last generation was super long and had a lot of great games I think the current generation has already surpassed it. It's hard for me to think of games that came out in that gen that haven't been surpassed in my mind by something this generation. What springs to mind is Rock Band, Burnout Paradise, and Nuts & Bolts, and that's only really because those three types of games haven't had a presence on current platforms.

Edit: Skate 2 is another one I guess

Teddified

wow is that bike 2?!?!

Also I think I'll just buy the rest of the trophies for Nier:A, it seems one of the "endings" is missable and I missed it so meh I'll just buy everything then!

oti

Banned
Mario Galaxy (2) is a near perfect game. It's the game of that generation and the best game of all time.

And I'm sorry, but if you go "it's just another Mario" I can't take you seriously anymore.

I'm sad that Game of the Generation podcast will never come to pass, because I want to hear Jeff earnestly argue that 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand deserves to be on the list.

Have they said they don't want to do it? I remember when the question was asked years ago, before the PS4 was coming out, Jeff had said that it was something they wanted to do.

I'd be more interested in seeing what a list for this generation so far would look like. If only to notice how most of the games are probably from the last 12 months.

Mario Galaxy (2) is a near perfect game. It's the game of that generation and the best game of all time.

And I'm sorry, but if you go "it's just another Mario" I can't take you seriously anymore.

Man I wish Nintendo did remasters for the galaxy games on switch. Missed out on them and don't really wanna get a wii to play them.

oti

Banned
Man I wish Nintendo did remasters for the galaxy games on switch. Missed out on them and don't really wanna get a wii to play them.
They should totally do that. Especially now that Odyssey is such a different beast. Galaxy is 100% tight level design from beginning to end.

If you have a good PC you could always try Dolphin. Game should be pretty cheap by now.

It's literally (literally!) called "SUPER MARIO GALAXY MORE" internally.

Mario Galaxy was on the Wii tho

and like that means you had to play with the wiimotes soooo you know... 🤢

I agree with this. I think I'd say Mario Galaxy is one of the best games ever made if you could play on an actual controller. Instead, it probably wouldn't make my top 100 list if I bothered to make one.

oti

Banned
It's literally (literally!) called "SUPER MARIO GALAXY MORE" internally.

Yes. Because they couldn't fit all those ideas in just one game. Think about that. These games had more new ideas in them than some entire franchises.

Mario Galaxy is the second best game ever made.

Galaxy 2 is the best.

Right.

Mario Galaxy was on the Wii tho

and like that means you had to play with the wiimotes soooo you know... 🤢

They were totally fine.

I had to friend Taco Bell on Snapchat so I could watch a 10 second clip of two #influencers talking about how they're attending Dan's wedding

2017 sucks you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom