• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro wrestler Scott Steiner opening a Shoney's restaurant in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

The 6,000-square-foot restaurant at 1129 GA-92 (Highway 92, exit 277 off of I-75) in Acworth offers what America loves about Shoney’s: fresh quality food at a great value with friendly service. There are even a few surprises, including a full bar featuring a variety of cold draft beer selections, several wine options and various alcoholic beverages.

The new restaurant, which represents a new model for the brand, has an updated contemporary look and feel with a granite bar, stacked stone and big-screen TVs. In addition to a variety of freshly-prepared, never-frozen menu items, Shoney’s in Acworth has fresh-squeezed oranges for OJ, Espresso, salad and a hot food buffet. The family-friendly, southern-style restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

“The reception from the local community for our new Shoney’s has truly been amazing,” said Mrs. Rechsteiner. “This community really needed a family-friendly restaurant and we feel truly blessed to open a Shoney’s where we live and our kids go to school. Shoney’s is such a wonderful brand with a rich history and we are excited to be a part of the brand’s growth and future.”

Steiner’s rich wrestling history and memorabilia will be on display in the restaurant’s private dining area. Mr. Davoudpour will also be there and plans to be serving guests FREE Hot Fudge Cake, which has been a guest favorite since 1947.
http://www.restaurantnews.com/shone...orth-georgia-on-tuesday-april-12-from-3-5-pm/

bill0527

Opening a Shoney's is like the antithesis of every single Scott Steiner promo in history.

He hates fat people and the sumbitch can't even count right so I hope he's got a good manager.

mreddie

Cf3qStZUYAAO6Hm.jpg:large

Is that JJ in the far right?

Laekon

My Army job training was in Augusta Georgia and I have many found memories of Shoney's. I never ate at the restaurant but we stayed at the attached hotel and got shit faced every weekend.

gwailo

Banned
Hopefully Scott Hall is doing well.

He was on Steve Austin's podcast a few months ago and it sounds he has been staying sober and in (relatively) good health. DDP took him in and gave him a job at his yoga company and even raised money for Hall to get hip surgery.

One of the rare opportunities I get to celebrity name drop! But yeah, I waited on him back in 2004. He sat at the counter and had two steaks and a large plate of pasta. Nice enough, but very quiet, I think he was trying to lie low and not attract attention.

He should start one called "Big Poppas."
If these aren't what the jalapeno poppers at his Shoney's are called then someone needs to call their marketing division.

Even if they don't serve jalapeno poppers they should put them on the menu just for the pun.

Heel

If I said I did not read the Shoney's Acworth Twitter account this week with the full belief it was being helmed by Scott Steiner pushing 70 cent "Slim Jim" sandwiches in honor of Shoney's 70th anniversary, then well, I'd be a damn liar.

Been there twice myself. Both times it took forever to get our food even though it was off peak times and not very busy. My parents went one day when Scott was there and my dad got a picture with him, so that was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom