• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro wrestler Scott Steiner opening a Shoney's restaurant in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

I used to live in Acworth -- it had the last Shoney's that I remember.

In other news, apparently a new Shoney's is opening.

Ensoul

Have to admit he is doing better than I I though. I figured after all the steroids he pumped into his body he'd be dead already.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My wife claims there was always a Shoney's in Acworth. She insists.

TheJerit

the very same
1HLV_STEINER_Rick.jpg

whoa whoa whoa....

whoa.

Are you telling me that the dog-faced gremlin has been on my children's school board and I'm just now realizing this?!! I totally thought it was just a semblance in names....

shaowebb

I'm glad the man and his wife seem to be fulfilling some goals. The man has already done about everything else. Its cool that he can find some simple ideals to fulfill as well after all the rest of the things he's done. Man gets his own Shoney's, coaches the kiddies, wife on the PTA, Brother involved in the community...I think its like the happy ending that you could hope for with guys in the wrestling business.

Most never reintegrate with life outside the carny world of wrestling. I'm glad his family seems to be doing well at it.

Katori

Was in Cherokee County today for business, should've stopped by. Oh well, it'll probably be more accessible when it dies down.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Why is he destroying it in the commercial? Am I missing something or is it supposed to be completely nonsensical?

I don't work in the restaurant biz so maybe I'm missing something, but opening a franchise restaurant on the same spot where the same franchise failed? Huh?

Anyway, with the op itself, Rick being on the school board, and the Buff Bagwell info, thread has been a goldmine of old wrestler news. Thank you, GAF, thank you.

Dirca

When i read the first few words, I was expecting the sentence to end "has died". I didn't know that Shoney's was even around anymore, so good for him (?) Glad he's doing this though, and not dead.

Dirca

I haven't been to a Shoney's in 20+ years. I think they had a good breakfast and the salad bar was good. Other than that, I think they were a more classy Waffle House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom