• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro wrestler Scott Steiner opening a Shoney's restaurant in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

SteinShone.jpg

38FJ1aT.jpg

ACWORTH, GA -- Legendary pro wrestler Scott Steiner is Shoney's newest franchisee, and their Acworth restaurant will celebrate a grand opening on Tuesday, April 12.

Steiner, an Acworth resident himself, will be on hand to sign autographs at the opening, along with another well-known wrestling star, Kevin Nash. Guests will receive a free slice of Shoney’s Hot Fudge Cake. Also, Steiner, along with professional wrestler and actor Kevin Nash, will be available for autographs.

The 6,000-square-foot restaurant is located at 1129 GA-92 (Highway 92, exit 277 off of I-75) in Acworth.

Steiner and wife Christa have been wanting to open a Shoney’s for years so when the opportunity arose to rebuild an existing one in the community where they live, they jumped on it. The Rechsteiners are active in the local community, with Christa volunteering for the PTA and Scott coaching 6th grade football.

In September 2015, Steiner drove the bulldozer that helped demolish an older Shoney’s in order to accommodate a brand new Shoney’s and a fresh start for the brand in Acworth.

In addition to Steiner and Nash, Kennesaw State Football coaches and players will take part in the grand opening festivities.
http://patch.com/georgia/acworth/big-poppa-pump-opens-acworth-shoneys-0

TV commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iI2ReZLmYA

OY94NG.gif

CRACKER BARREL, YOU COME OUT HERE AND TRY TO GET THE SYMPY OF THE PEOPLE

BUT YOU DON'T GET MY SYMPY AT ALL

Is it really a good idea for a restaurant to be associated with wrestlers from the 90s? What will the average person think?

Couleurs

THERE'S NOTHIN FINER THAN SCOTT'S DINER

I hope his menu is in all caps since I can't picture him doing anything other than yelling

Oh Acworth. How I remember my hometown so fondly (not really).

I used to work out with Scott and Rick Steiner at a gym in Marietta when I was in high school. That was one huge, angry motherfucker.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wish the Macho Man had lived and opened up an Outback Steakhouse. BLOOMIN OH YEAH!

My folks went there opening weekend because they're crazy. Of course it was beyond packed. Oh and they built a bar (I'm not talking just breakfast) in there but pending their liquor license.

Ridley327

This has been open for a few weeks now, and it's been packed during lunch and dinner hours. I can only imagine what it's like today when you've got two of the best-known members of the NWO and free slices of fudge cake to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom