• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

zeemumu

That Dusk vote really rubs me the wrong way. It was clear Zipped was in the lead so Burbeting was not even remotely the choice to prevent a tie. I think that Dusk thought the vote was closer and wanted to tie it.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Ty seems like a standard kill. Not too high profile or suspicous.

I think ty might've scared the scum with that "people I've ISO'd" post. Might've thought they had some kind of investigate role

Fat4all

Banned
i was confused when i saw the Dusk vote, but i assumed they flipped up their vote count or were joke voting or sommit

id like to hear what Dusk has to say on it, but i dunno if it was necessarily scummy behavior

Fat4all

Banned
I think ty might've scared the scum with that "people I've ISO'd" post. Might've thought they had some kind of investigate role

maybe that, but im also assuming that scum wants to stifle conversation, Ty4on was very talkative day one

inactivity is helpful for scum, less talking means less chances for people to slip up and give away sommit they shouldn't

zeemumu

maybe that, but im also assuming that scum wants to stifle conversation, Ty4on was very talkative day one

inactivity is helpful for scum, less talking means less chances for people to slip up and give away sommit they shouldn't

If that's the case, who's be next? Kalor, ouro, or splinter?

zeemumu

Maybe none of those since we'd find it suspicious if they didn't go after another active player and probably accidentally kill them ourselves

Wubba lubba dub-dub. Some quick impressions from reading through the game so far, still quite new to this so I'll try to see what information is more helpful as the game progresses.
Faddys live blog drew some heat, kinda see this as a town role that wants some time before they make their move so they draw suspicion of other townies to avoid scum targeting them.
Don't like dusk's 'no tie' vote, definitely a slip up in some sense but the miscount angle makes some sense. Hard to see scum going for overkill on the vote leader with shoddy reasoning.
Getting late here, will probably read back this posts and see if there's any juicy bits in the morning but for now I see it as a bit of red herring to have us chase his ISO list.

Faddy

Banned
If we want to go with the theory Ty4on was onto something. Here is his town to scum ranking list

12. Ty4on [m]

19. Giant Panda [m]
14. Swamped [f]

*20. zeemumu [m]
10. Kawl_USC [m]
06. Bronx-man [m]
03. Dusk Soldier [m]
18. Fat4all [m]

*01. Sorian [m]
16. Lord of Castamere [m]
17. Nomadic Sparks [m]
13. CCS [m]
*15. Faddy [m]
*21. Penguin [m]
*02. Dr. Worm [m]
*07. Zeusy [m]
08. *Splinter [m]

*09. Kalor [m]
11. Burbeting [m]
22. Ourobolus [m]
05. Acohrs [m]

*04. Zippedpinhead [m]

* means I've ISO'd them

We know Zipped was wrong. So does anyone have thoughts into the next group up?

Fat4all

Banned
Wubba lubba dub-dub. Some quick impressions from reading through the game so far, still quite new to this so I'll try to see what information is more helpful as the game progresses.
Faddys live blog drew some heat, kinda see this as a town role that wants some time before they make their move so they draw suspicion of other townies to avoid scum targeting them.
Don't like dusk's 'no tie' vote, definitely a slip up in some sense but the miscount angle makes some sense. Hard to see scum going for overkill on the vote leader with shoddy reasoning.
Getting late here, will probably read back this posts and see if there's any juicy bits in the morning but for now I see it as a bit of red herring to have us chase his ISO list.

what up Wizard, nice to have ya playin

Ourobolus

Banned
Not terribly surprised by the Ty kill. It's great WIFOM. He was involved in a lot of conversations and the like so makes sense.

Still want to take a look at Faddy and Penguin. Zeusy's still in the back of my mind but it seemed almost like he was "too easy" of a lynch yesterday (despite us all not actually voting him out).

Gonna look over a few others like Swamped, acohrs, Bronx, and dusk.

Sorian

Banned
I forgot this started up again and now won't have time to really post until later, sorry about that.

Just to get initial thoughts in. Ty is very unsurprising and probably has nothing to do with his reads (though in sure something was right somewhere). He was doing great at asking follow up questions which hurts scum down the road.

As for that Dusk vote, it read sketchy to me until I noticed he was already voting for Burb before that anyway so now it reads as a legitimate brain fart/stupid move so I don't really see it scummy on its own.

I still have to do a more thorough read through of D1, but something that immediately stands out to me as odd...

i. This read list...

Peeps I’m feeling iffy on:
Zipped
Zeusy
Zee
Faddy
Dusk Soldier

ii. combined with this vote count...

DAY 1 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Zippedpinhead (5) voted out
Lord of Castamere 332
Faddy 373
Ty4on 489
*Splinter 523
CCS 571

Faddy (3)
Kawl_USC 232
Sorian 273
Ourobolus 524

Zeusy (2)
Nomadic Sparks 347
Giant Panda 365
CCS 402 571
Dr. Worm 502 506

zeemumu (1)
Dusk Soldier 266 404
Kalor 420
*Splinter 425 523

Dusk Soldier (1)
zeemumu 275

iii. combined with this...

No active vote for Day 1: Bronx-Man, Burbeting, Penguin

vote: Bronx-man

Why bother go through the trouble of making a reads list if you were not going to vote for anyone on it?

Faddy

Banned
I still have to do a more thorough read through of D1, but something that immediately stands out to me as odd...

i. This read list...

Why bother go through the trouble of making a reads list if you were not going to vote for anyone on it?

I agree this is concerning, Bronx has some explaining to do.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Dusk Soldier (1)
Kalor 599

Bronx-Man (1)
Dusk Soldier 619

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, acohrs, Bronx-Man, CCS, Dr. Worm, Faddy, Fat4all, Giant Panda, Kawl_USC, Lord of Castamere, Nomadic Sparks, Ourobolus, Penguin, Sorian, Swamped, The Wizard, zeemumu, Zeusy

Day 2 Postcount: *Splinter 2, acohrs 0, Bronx-Man 0, CCS 0, Dr. Worm 0, Dusk Soldier 2, Faddy 4, Fat4all 6, Giant Panda 0, Kalor 3, Kawl_USC 0, Lord of Castamere 0, Nomadic Sparks 0, Ourobolus 1, Penguin 0, Sorian 1, Swamped 0, The Wizard 1, zeemumu 9, Zeusy 0

Day 2 ends:
gre_1506722400.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Zeusy

i. This read list...

I like this reasoning

Nothing too surprising for a kill choice. Looking at the postcount at the end of the day, Ty4on did have the most posts.

I don't like how an active Kawl seemed to completely disappear later in the day. Maybe trying to cease drawing attention to himself? More maybe he just got busy and I'm biased because we butted heads yesterday.

I don't see Bronx's behavior as that of a scum. That seems like a good way to draw attention to himself, and why would a scum want to do that when they could have just voted for Zipped?

I was similarly willing to wave away Dusk Soldier's post weirdness, but he's claiming it wasn't a mistake...

Sorian

Banned
Nothing too surprising for a kill choice. Looking at the postcount at the end of the day, Ty4on did have the most posts.

I don't like how an active Kawl seemed to completely disappear later in the day. Maybe trying to cease drawing attention to himself? More maybe he just got busy and I'm biased because we butted heads yesterday.

I don't see Bronx's behavior as that of a scum. That seems like a good way to draw attention to himself, and why would a scum want to do that when they could have just voted for Zipped?

I was similarly willing to wave away Dusk Soldier's post weirdness, but he's claiming it wasn't a mistake...

Meh sounds like some weird shit that I would do and I like his Bronx vote so a-ok in my book. I'm more curious why Splinter felt the need to soft something.

CCS

Banned
I agree that focusing too heavily on Ty's reads will just take us into WIFOM territory, more likely that he was silenced simply for being one of the most useful town players.

If Zipped had been scum then I would be calling for a Dusk lynch, but as it is I'll put the last minute vote down to not knowing who was first or some other fuck up rather than a deliberate ploy.

acohrs

Not surprised by tys death, choice of him fits typical scum MO recently.

Where to go from here...

vote: zeusy

Ah yes, zeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuusy... 😗

acohrs

Zeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuusy, i put it to you that zipped was lynched because he was tied with you at one point yesterday with 3 votes and youre scum so your team backed you up and got him lynch. What do you say to this shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade?

Sorian

Banned
Zeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuusy, i put it to you that zipped was lynched because he was tied with you at one point yesterday with 3 votes and youre scum so your team backed you up and got him lynch. What do you say to this shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade?

So who's the scum then? I'll let Zeusy answer himself to assist my reads but I certainly pecked at Zipped from the sidelines without even moving my vote off Faddy. At the end of the day, I still don't think Zeusy was a smart lynch.

acohrs

So who's the scum then? I'll let Zeusy answer himself to assist my reads but I certainly pecked at Zipped from the sidelines without even moving my vote off Faddy. At the end of the day, I still don't think Zeusy was a smart lynch.

Man... you ruined it

zeemumu

I'll assume you mean Ty4on's reads list? (That's a really weird confusion).

Also, why not mention Acohrs with the other 3 in that second list?

Yeah, sorry, meant Ty4on. It's like 4AM. You'll have to bear with me.

List combinations and my own reads. I don't doubt that Ty was genuine in his guesses since he was a town, but that doesn't mean they're all accurate either. Active or not, if he hadn't gotten at least marginally close to anything and was just spouting nonsense (like me, ba dum tss) he'd probably still be alive

Swamped

Banned
never followed up on? I asked why you did something shade-y first and you didn't respond? Think it's the other way around

I meant that, even though I posted after your post #339, and even though you did too (e.g. post #396 and post #426), you didn't chase up on what should have been a lead for you. So to me, that shade from post 339 looks lazy, as though scum is trying to look busy. And maybe you wanted to back off, because it didn't look like I was going to be a contender for D1 anyway.

I do feel a little better about LoC. I asked him for his read on Ouro, and this was his response:

Made a lot more posts than I originally thought. Mostly passive aggressive filler. No real town help. Not a good look.

The reason I asked about Ouro specifically was because LoC gave some reasoning for voting for Zipped (which made sense at the time). To me, following that reasoning, Ouro fell into the same category (posting a lot, but not much of use). So I wanted to see what LoC would say about him. His read of Ouro felt consistent to me. It also helps that I was scum-reading Ouro. I do still feel uneasy about him. His argument with Ty about Ty's read of Burb felt off.

Watching penguin. I mentioned it before but their initial posts seemed to feign interest and they haven't said a lot since.

Seems like a good person to watch, although it seems he was totally absent in the latter part of the day. But why not mention other quiet players, like Kawl, Nomadic or Dr Worm?

I also agree that it is suspicious Bronx did not have a vote down. Burb and Pengiun (the other two non-voters) were not really posting much anyway, so Bronx's non-vote sticks out.

Top Bottom