• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light E3 Trailer

God damn, the editing with that song was slick. They should have kept it going like that until the end of the trailer.

So glad to see they kept that journal-interface with the lighter. I always thought it was a nice touch to the immersion.

dLMN8R

Oh man just watching that makes me want to go back and re-play Metro 2033. Some of the best implementations of scripted goodness ever seen in a shooter.

Sick trailer.

2033 was amazing, even on 360. What a gorgeous, tense, atmospheric game. I hope they're keeping the feel with the sequel.

legacyzero

Banned
This trailer literally brought tears to my eyes. I'm for serious.

Metro 2033 was my GOTY And my most anticipated for E3 besides Far Cry 3.

All over my face please.

Atomski said:
Yeah 2012 does look extremely promising so far.

Anyone know what the song is?

Yeah, it's really good. Went perfectly with the trailer.

eshwaaz

What's this? Actual gameplay in a video game trailer? What were they thinking? Where is my glorious pre-rendered CG trailer that tells me absolutely nothing?

Seriously, this looks very cool. I felt the first game fell apart near the end, but I'm still interested in the sequel.

zlatko

Banned
I hope 2033 has another sale soon so I can scoop it up on Steam for 10 or less. Didn't hear raving things about the 2033, but this trailer was so well done and did its job to get me interested and hyped in its release. Hopefully the spotty A.I and issues with the ammo/currency management are resolved here.

FJ0372

Looks amazing, personally loved the first game because of the gorgeous graphics on PC and excellent atmosphere, hope this game is even better.

FGMPR

Banned
STALKER, Metro, Cryostasis...

I fucking love the FPS's coming out of the old eastern bloc countries. These games all drip atmosphere, have slow and heavy gunplay that makes you feel like your in a back-and-forth battle instead of playing first person whack-a-mole and all have very intriguing plots, with Cryostasis, in particular, having a plot that stayed with me for a long time and demanded replay, just like a great movie.

Binabik15

Things I want:

*better performance or at least more in-game graphic options

*tracer rounds or smoke trails showing that the bullets in the homebuilt guns are spreading like crazy, so people won´t complain about weak guns

*the game getting cheap quickly, should be no problem when ordered from the UK

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Awful editing, but man those visuals were great.

I really enjoyed the first one, though it had a lot of the flaws many of those sorts of games tend to have. Those weird VO's and goofy animations.

Definitely keeping an eye out on this one.

Revenant

Pour it all over me!

Looks fantastic, trailer and the game itself. Get rid of some of the jankyness of 2033 and theyre golden

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing trailer! I am really glad that this time it's also being released for PS3.

I'll have to get the first one to know the story.

mm04

Trent Strong said:
I wonder if that game has good graphics. It's impossible to tell from that mess of a trailer. I cannot imagine worse editing.

On PC, most definitely. 2033 looked ridiculously good on my rig. That being said I'm sure that lighting model + dynamic fog is going to drop me to 20fps at times.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Can't wait for the game. I get the honor of being lead moderator on the site for the game, so I'll try to keep you all up to date with news I hear from the devs. :p

K.Sabot

Damn it, they got me with the Portishead.

Do we know what year this is? There is no 2033 so am confuse, looks like everything outside is less frozen.

Top Bottom