• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

I think we're spending liiiiitle too much time on this concept. >.>

Back on topic:
5T8Dk.jpg

It's beyond absurb how they are just recoloring the stock art of the Mane 6 for the pictures of these. It's one thing to reuse the molds for the figures but that art is atrociously lazy.

OMG Aero

AdawgDaFAB said:
It's beyond absurb how they are just recoloring the stock art of the Mane 6 for the pictures of these. It's one thing to reuse the molds for the figures but that art is atrociously lazy.
Well when the actual toy is a recolour I think it makes sense to recolour the artwork too.
Makes way more sense than having artwork with the toy that looks nothing like it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Lyra Heartstrings is pretty. If it was applied to the rest, I imagine Berryshine Punch being embarrased of her full name.

Special agent Noteworthy Blues.

blamite

peachy-pie.jpg

Bunch of creative geniuses over at Hasbro.

As long as none of the background ponies ever get called by these names on the show, which is pretty unlikely, I couldn't care less what they're officially called.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Link Man said:
Then why was he still infatuated with Smarty Pants even after Celestia dispelled the "Want it, Need it" spell?
Because he's a fucking weirdo who likes things intended for little girls.

Yeah, just heard about the Canon BG Pony names. As I saw one of the ED comments say, I like the idea that their names could be long and extravagant like Pinkamena Diane Pie. Plus the fanon/canon hybrid names work (except for Golden Harvest, it seems like more of a funny race horse name, than something for MLP)

Also, did we ever agree on the best jumping in episode was. Working on converting episodes for Wii playback (long story) and wondering which one/ones I should show. No way I'm starting with the pilot with it's cheesy climax and resolution.

Narag said:
Swarm of the Century, Dragonshy, and Bridle Gossip were the ones I'd always seen mentioned.
If you aren't going with the 2 pilot eps then pretty much this. There are episodes that people rate as being better than these, but not as introductions to the series.

Acerac

Banned
Why is there never any support for the first 2 eps of season 2? They introduce everypony extremely well and are some of the funniest out there.

The only problem is that you might need to give the slightest of introductions, but I think it is a good tradeoff.

Narag

"Spike, Discord's escaped! Recruit a team of ponies with attitude!" - Celestia's Floating Head

Seriously though, I think it's more that those two episodes carry more weight with defined characters rather than having fresh characters acting contrary to their nature without ever fully establishing what their nature actually is, there's no real mythology without earlier eps, and Discord tends to steal the spotlight anytime he's around.

Narag said:
"Spike, Discord's escaped! Recruit a team of ponies with attitude!" - Celestia's Floating Head

Seriously though, I think it's more that those two episodes carry more weight with defined characters rather than having fresh characters acting contrary to their nature without ever fully establishing what their nature actually is, there's no real mythology without earlier eps, and Discord tends to steal the spotlight anytime he's around.
Pretty much this. The episodes are great because we already had a season worth of stuff establishing the characters, so when everything went crazy and they started acting completely opposite to their normal personalities it meant something to us. For a first time viewer it wouldn't have as much impact and the episodes would basically just be waiting for Discord to show up again and do more crazy stuff. If you showed someone apprehensive to the show those eps first it is likely they might just like him more than anything else and not care about the show when they find out those are the only eps he is in.

Cheerilee

Acerac said:
Why is there never any support for the first 2 eps of season 2? They introduce everypony extremely well and are some of the funniest out there.

The only problem is that you might need to give the slightest of introductions, but I think it is a good tradeoff.
Easiest way is to start at the beginning and say "Give it a few episodes, because the tone changes."

Link Man

Banned
I'm going to go against convention and suggest "Green isn't Your Color" as a good introductory episode. It reinforces the characters' personalities without need for prior knowledge, and is quite entertaining.

But enough of that, here's some fanart of questionable humor.

Cheerilee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom