• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread of Brains Beware: Wii U Re-Unveiling At E3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ LOL.

Refuse to click.
Anything interesting?

It's pretty much a consolidation of their articles about Wii U going all the way back to when we first started hearing things. I did find it interesting that one of the articles said "revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture". Makes me wonder exactly what the revamp meant. But I get the feeling Nintendo hasn't even told devs what that means.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Laughing at stupid posts like "bom is between $340 and $370" is trolling? Only sadder than that is people actually believe this info and are constantly shocked it´s not true.

Who said this was hard fact?

I mean, we ARE in a SPECULATION thread, you know, like the thread title says.

Who said this was hard fact?

I mean, we ARE in a SPECULATION thread, you know, like the thread title says.

What's even funnier about his post is that I'm not the original one to propose it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/04/21/project-cafe-the-tech-behind-nintendos-next-console

According to sources with knowledge of the project, Nintendo's next console could have a retail price of anywhere between $350 and $400 based on manufacturing costs, and will ship from Taiwanese manufacturer, Foxconn, this October, putting the earliest possible retail release anywhere between mid-October and early November.

Log4Girlz

Why are we hating on a Nintendo troll? Just consider what he's saying, it will help you cope with any disappointment, and anything Nintendo delivers above and beyond expectations will be a huge surprise :D

Log4Girlz

But... we already have BurntPork for that.

Hey it takes more than one person to break up a circle jerk ;) lol

Btw as an aside, I really do love the tablet controller. If it was MS announcing this and Nintendo was just sticking to their waggle wand, I would be excited for MS.

guek

Banned
I gotta say though $350-$400 BOM is pretty ridiculous. Iwata did say this thing wouldn't be cheap, but that just seems out of their range. I'd expect it to be hovering right around or under $300, hence iwata stating they're not sure whether or not they'll sell at a loss.

I definitely don't think it'll be priced at $250 MSRP. All signs point to that being as big of a pipe dream as a $400 console.

But... we already have BurntPork for that.

tmnt3-pc-end.gif

We can discuss that too. What are everyone's hopes for E3?

As of right now I hope they give maybe 30 minutes to 3DS at the press conference and the rest of the time to Wii U.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder how they'll open the press conference. I mean, you can't really top last's year ORCHESTRA.

(BTW, I already called the OT for the Press Conference. Mweheheheheh.)

BY2K

Membero Americo
They'll obviously start with the 3DS. MAYBE (and that's a big maybe) announcing a redesign, games, maybe a big firmware update with new features. Then a surprise 3DS announcement. (Zelda 3DS, I'd say, if they don't announce it at GDC.)

Then Wii U time.

I do expect some kind of SSB reveal. After all didn't they do a quick tease in the Kid Icarus trailer or something awhile back?

I wonder how they'll open the press conference. I mean, you can't really top last's year ORCHESTRA.

(BTW, I already called the OT for the Press Conference. Mweheheheheh.)

LOL. You can have it. I've had my 15 minutes of GAF fame. :p

What worthwhile games are going to be out on 3DS around that time? I can see the intro being centered around that.

guek

Banned
Nintendo usually has a 90 minute press conference, right?

First 15 minutes - Some kind of BS intro, talking about momentum, mostly about 3DS, talk about sales

16-30 minutes - Upcoming 3DS games, some surprises. Maybe 3DS zelda

31-45 minutes - Demo of a 3DS game or features that while neat, few people really care about. Perhaps reveal 3DS 2.0

46-60 minutes - Somehow find a way to talk about sales again. There will be charts

61-75 minutes - Re-unveil the Wii U, have a trailer montage, some surprises here and there. Probably have a 3rd party rep come up on stage (ubisoft? EA?) to talk about how they're "100% on board this time! Promise!"

76-85 minutes - Demo the pack in game that'll have widespread appeal but is very uninteresting to watch

86-90 minutes - One big surprise no one was expecting

Post conference interview:

Geoff asks Reggie about online, launch lineup, price, multiple Upad controllers, etc.

Reggie starts every goddamn response with "You know, it's great..." and then proceeds to deflect and avoid every single question.

hatchx

Banned
All I want at e3 is to find out when the 10 GBA Ambassador games are coming, and if I'm lucky maybe they will announce the last five games.

First 15 minutes - Some kind of BS intro, talking about momentum, mostly about 3DS, talk about sales

31-45 minutes - Demo of a 3DS game or features that while neat, few people really care about. Perhaps reveal 3DS 2.0

46-60 minutes - Somehow find a way to talk about sales again. There will be charts

61-75 minutes - Re-unveil the Wii U, have a trailer montage, some surprises here and there. Probably have a 3rd party rep come up on stage (ubisoft? EA?) to talk about how they're "100% on board this time! Promise!"

76-85 minutes - Demo the pack in game that'll have widespread appeal but is very uninteresting to watch

Geoff asks Reggie about online, launch lineup, price, multiple Upad controllers, etc.

Reggie starts every goddamn response with "You know, it's great..." and then proceeds to deflect and avoid every single question.

There will be MUCH MUCH more Wii U demoing than that. Its not just games, but features to. If they save their online reveal for then aswell, it could go even longer.

royalan

I can see all of this happening. LOL

I'd like to add that when the Wii U is re-unveiled there will be at least one thing about it that is completely different from the device originally shown at last year's E3. My guess is the actual console. It'll have a new, slightly larger (to fit better parts), more distinctive look. Probably black.

guek

Banned
There will be MUCH MUCH more Wii U demoing than that. Its not just games, but features to. If they save their online reveal for then aswell, it could go even longer.

It's my pessimist's prediction.

OH! And the pack-in demo will look 100% visually identical to Wii Sports, just rendered at a higher resolution. Because it'll have such unimpressive graphics, GAF will explode with "weaker than 360" and "nintendo is a joke/has lost their minds" posts despite having just seen a montage of impressive looking games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
How long do you figure it takes to make a game? What was the timeline of DKCR's first unveiling with respect to when development started? We know Retro had been working on MK7 up until recently.

Metroid Prime 3 came out in 2007. DKCR came out in 2010. They did half the courses of MK7. I'm not too sure we'll hear something from Retro at E3, unless it's a sequel to DKCR or if the game comes out in 2013.

OH! And the pack-in demo will look 100% visually identical to Wii Sports, just rendered at a higher resolution. Because it'll have such unimpressive graphics, GAF will explode with "weaker than 360" and "nintendo is a joke/has lost their minds" posts despite having just seen a montage of impressive looking games.

This will almost certainly happen.

Realistically, what 1st party games can we expect to see for Wii U though?

Pikmin 3, Wii Sports/Fit/Play and New Super Mario Bros. Mii only? Something from Tokyo EAD 1 (quiet since SMG1)?

Maybe previews/pre-rendered trailers of 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Retro/Monolith games?

Most of the internal studios appear to be working on 3DS games, or just came off them/will have by e3.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Pikmin 3 will be launch/launch window, I'm sure.

The console will come with a pre-installed (yes, pre-installed) mini-game collection in the kind of Wii Sports that will demonstrate what the controller can do. (It will also have multiplayer games that will use the Wii Remote.)

That's all I got, really.

Wolfie5

I can see all this happening, though nintendo usually have like 70 min of pressconference if I recall correctly. They always reserve 2 hours, but it usually ends up much shorter than that.

Oh, Reggie will also say, "We have checked all the boxes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom