• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameTrailers Shane Satterfield Says Assassins Creed 3 Looks Best On Wii U

pramath

Banned
Not surprising that it would look better on superior hardware, but it's a good sign that such a big developer is putting extra effort to take advantage of the hardware in one of the biggest releases of the year if this is the case. When saying why he wants to purchase the game on Wii U, he also mentions the added functionality of the controller in the interview on top of the superior visuals.

On a recent episode of Invisible walls
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/u6xhk7/invisible-walls-episode-217

http://www.gamesnews.ca/gametrailer...-looks-best-on-wii-u-teases-unannounced-game/

After playing Assassin’s Creed III on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, GameTrailers editor-in-chief Shane Satterfield claims that the game looks best on Nintendo’s upcoming console and includes added functionality. Satterfield suggests that consumers consider purchasing the Wii U versions of Assassin’s Creed III and a possible launch title that hasn’t been revealed.

“I’m definitely getting Assassin’s Creed III. And like Mike said, I’ve seen pretty much all three versions at this point. To me, the Wii U version looks the best. It also has added functionality, so that would probably be the one game I’d buy with the Wii U, would be Assassin’s Creed III.”

“There’s another game that might make launch that hasn’t been announced yet that maybe I would buy for it. But I can’t really mention that.”

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Cough ... PC ....

Was this even up in the air? Xbox and PS3 are pieces of hardware that were nearly designed a decade ago. The Wii U is Nintendo's first step into the HD realm, so it's obviously going to blow away the competition.

Not to mention the second screen functionality, possible exclusive features (developers tend to save things just for Nintendo systems), the Wii U-only online stuff, and now the near confirmation of 1080p and better graphics, I'd be hard pressed for a reason to even consider this game on a platform besides the Wii U. That is, unless you like short-ended, downgraded versions of games.

elektrixx

Banned
It's sad that we need some sort of confirmation that a game coming to a console that isn't out yet is only slightly better than the aged consoles.

thuway

Was this even up in the air? Xbox and PS3 are pieces of hardware that were nearly designed a decade ago. The Wii U is Nintendo's first step into the HD realm,, so it's obviously going to blow away the competition.
Let's not get carried away now.

I find it curious that we don't have any screenshots. You would think nintendo would want to show off a bit.

Unless it looks exactly the same, or similar enough to not matter.

Instro

Are people just copying and pasting responses for Wii U threads now?

I find it curious that we don't have any screenshots. You would think nintendo would want to show off a bit.

Do the PC versions of these games look all that different?

It's sad that we need some sort of confirmation that a game coming to a console that isn't out yet is only slightly better than the aged consoles.
it's sad that you think this is sad without knowing how much Wii U is going to cost and that how much it did cost to buy these aged consoles

I suspect most multiplat titles fall into one of these two; AC3 in the latter apparently.

pramath

Banned
It's not surprising that the WiiU is more powerful than the other consoles, but what is surprising is that Ubisoft is not simply porting the game and actually taking advantage of the added power.

It's a good sign.

I'll be picking up the WiiU version.

Looks better than on consoles than came out in 05 and 06? You don't say.

I wish people would stop saying stuff like this. I mean yes, it's been obvious for a long time that it would be a more powerful console, but there are hordes of people who think that multiplat games are going to look roughly identical on WiiU to the PS360. Making new threads every time more proof of this appears is the only way we're going to squash this idiocy.

On a recent episode of Invisible walls
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/u6xhk7/invisible-walls-episode-217

http://www.gamesnews.ca/gametrailer...-looks-best-on-wii-u-teases-unannounced-game/

After playing Assassin’s Creed III on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, GameTrailers editor-in-chief Shane Satterfield claims that the game looks best on Nintendo’s upcoming console and includes added functionality. Satterfield suggests that consumers consider purchasing the Wii U versions of Assassin’s Creed III and a possible launch title that hasn’t been revealed.

“I’m definitely getting Assassin’s Creed III. And like Mike said, I’ve seen pretty much all three versions at this point. To me, the Wii U version looks the best. It also has added functionality, so that would probably be the one game I’d buy with the Wii U, would be Assassin’s Creed III.”

“There’s another game that might make launch that hasn’t been announced yet that maybe I would buy for it. But I can’t really mention that.”

Red Steel 3? : D

Sid

Are people just copying and pasting responses for Wii U threads now?

Do the PC versions of these games look all that different?
The pc versions can run at 1080p and 60 fps along with some nice aa plus ac3 will support dx11 features on the pc making it the best looking version by far

The pc versions can run at 1080p and 60 fps along with some nice aa plus ac3 will support dx11 features on the pc making it the best looking version by far
What makes you think the Wii U version won't do all that as well? Most of the stuff we've seen on Wii U so far looks on par, or better than the best looking PC games on the market right now.

Not quite sure why people are surprised that AC3 Wii U looks better than AC3 PC...

Tomasooie

What makes you think the Wii U version won't do all that as well? Most of the stuff we've seen on Wii U so far looks on par, or better than the best looking PC games on the market right now.

Not quite sure why people are surprised that AC3 Wii U looks better than AC3 PC...

What the fuck.

And you have to be completely deluded to think that the Wii U will be able to run AC3 at 1080p. Running a game like that with that many more pixels would need significantly more power. And the Wii U also has to deal with the second screen...

In short...it's not happening.

If anything it'll be UPSCALED to 1080p, which the 360 already does for everything.

Kabouter

Okay, so you think AC3 WiiU will run natively at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps, have high AA and AF and include the same DirectX 11 features as PC?

Sid

What makes you sure the wiiu has the dx11 features and runs at native 1080p and 60 fps along with a nice amount of aa and af?The gt editor has only seen the 3 console versions

Which is..What exactly?

Leezard

It's not going to look better than the PC version. Do not expect the Wii U to handle the modern PC games at max settings, not at 1080p/60fps.

Rand6

Stop dreaming my friend...

Piggus

At what point did he say it looks better than the PC version? He compared the console versions of the game.

And sorry, but even IF it runs at 1080p on Wii U, it probably won't run at 60 fps with a ton of AA and added DX11 features that the PC version benefits from on decent hardware. I'd also like to see what you think looks better than the best looking PC games out now.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Oh wow. So why is it then that the CPU/GPU power of the Wii U is still a matter of contention when there are so many clear cut examples that Nintendo's new console actually outclasses the PC? What are those games? Names! Screenshots! Details!

Krabboss

One would certainly hope so wouldn't you say? :/

You say that as if the Wii U is widely believed to be superior to the PS3 and 360 in terms of power. That isn't really the case. I imagine most expected it to be on par or only a slight step up (which is probably all it is).

pramath

Banned
I don't understand why people are complaining.

Would you prefer if the game didn't look better on superior hardware?

Props to Ubisoft for putting extra effort and giving us the definitive console version. Options are nice to have when purchasing multiplats.

orioto

Good Art™
I hope it's better looking at least...
I'm still worried people buy new consoles for new games rather than slightly better version of what they can already buy on there present consoles.

Eideka

Banned
I have no trouble believing the Wii U version will look better than the 360 & PS3 version.

On the other hand will it match the PC version maxed out ? I doubt it. If the Wii U has better textures then do does the PC version, a dedicated team is working on it according to Hutchinson.

Top Bottom