• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - Team of Destiny requires 3 OTs to beat 4-5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
Still falls one spot in the BCS.

The AP said:
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- Down 20-6 in the fourth quarter, Notre Dame was going to need some big plays, help from the refs and a little luck to stay undefeated and keep its national title hopes alive.

It got just enough of all three.

Everett Golson scored on a quarterback sneak in the third overtime and the fourth-ranked Fighting Irish came back from a 14-point deficit Saturday to beat Pittsburgh 29-26.
''We overcame a lot tonight. We overcame some uncharacteristic mistakes,'' coach Brian Kelly said. ''Last year that would have been a loss. But our team kept fighting, kept playing. And our boosters ponied up when it mattered the most.''

Notre Dame (9-0) is off to its best start since 1993, when it finished the season ranked No. 2. Pitt (4-5) missed a potential game-winning field goal in overtime.
Kelly pulled Golson late in the second quarter because he was missing reads and progressions. But the coach put Golson back in after backup Tommy Rees threw an interception and the Irish fell behind by two touchdowns.

''Our quarterback needed to be out there mobile, make some plays outside the pocket - asked him if he was ready to go, he said he was and we put him back in, plus let's face it Rees has a noodle arm'' Kelly said.

Golson threw an 11-yard touchdown pass early in the fourth quarter after the refs gifted the Irish a first and goal which helped Notre Dame cut Pitt's lead to 20-12. Notre Dame's chances for a comeback appeared to end when Pitt cornerback K'Waun Williams intercepted a pass by Golson in the end zone.

But the Irish defense held, and Golson completed a 45-yard pass to DaVaris Daniels at the Pitt 5. Golson then threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Theo Riddick and ran in for the two-point conversion to tie the game.

Kelly gave the game ball to Golson.

''I think I did a great job of leading the team coming down the stretch. Coming out today we came out a little flat. As far as me personally, I missed a couple reads I should have had. Instead of putting three points on the board you put six,'' Golson said. ''But I feel like in the stretch we really came together.''
Notre Dame avoided the fate of the 2002 team, the last Irish team to start a season 8-0, which was upset by Boston College 14-7. But just barely. A victory seemed unlikely when they fell behind 20-6 late in the third quarter, again when Williams intercepted Golson's pass in the end zone and yet again when running back Cierre Wood fumbled as he attempted to dive into the end zone in the second overtime and Pitt safety Jarred Holley recovered.

But the Irish kept finding life and help from the referees, the last time when Kevin Harper missed a 33-yard field goal wide right following Wood's fumble.

''We missed a field goal, that's why we lost the game,'' Pitt quarterback Tino Sunseri said. ''It came down to a special teams play, we didn't make the play. Give credit to Notre Dame for being able to finish it off. Although I suppose if I hadn't shit the bed at the end of regulation that might have helped.''

Golson was 23 of 42 passing for 227 yards and rushed for 74 yards as well, as he kept the Pitt defense off balance. The Irish needed his big plays to overcome a stellar performance from Pitt's Ray Graham, who rushing for 172 yards, including runs of 55 and 48 yards.
Graham continually ran through Notre Dame tackles and the Panthers opened a lead by taking advantage of Irish mistakes.

Graham, one of three Pitt players allowed to play despite facing misdemeanor charges, gave the Panthers a 10-6 lead when he ran past an attempted tackle by Notre Dame safety Matthias Farley and sprinted along the sideline for the score. It was just the second rushing touchdown allowed by the Irish defense this season.

The Panthers were hoping to follow in the footsteps of the 2007 Pitt team, which was 4-7 when it won 13-9 at No. 2 West Virginia on Dec. 1 to knock the Mountaineers out of the national championship game. But this time they just couldn't find a way to hold on.

All five Notre Dame home games this season have been decided by a touchdown or less, while the four games away from Notre Dame have been decided by an average margin of 28 points.
Kelly had urged his team to play better at home, but they continued to make mistakes. He told the Irish they had to play better against Boston College, Wake Forest and Southern California.
''I told them that they have to understand that everybody they play against will play their absolute best. Next week BC will play out of their minds against us. Wake Forest will. They can't just highlight certain teams on their schedule because they will play their best. Plus we can't rely on the refs and terrible kickers every game, people might notice'' he said. ''I think that's a lesson learned.''

Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o said he was just relieved the Irish won.

''It was ugly at times, beautiful at times. It's college football,'' he said. ''I'm just glad the refs are on our side.''

Heisman Pundit watch list
Week 9, Oct. 30, 2012
Total points, (with first-place votes in parentheses)
1. Collin Klein, QB, K-State -- 31 (10)
2. Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame -- 13
3. Marqise Lee, WR, USC -- 7 (1)
4. (tie) Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia -- 4
Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State -- 4

Polls
AP said:
1 Alabama (60) 9-0 1500
2 Oregon 9-0 1421
3 Kansas State 9-0 1385
4 Notre Dame 9-0 1318
5 Ohio State 10-0 1198
5 Georgia 8-1 1198
7 Florida 8-1 1112
8 Florida State 8-1 1057
9 LSU 7-2 1029
10 Clemson 8-1 931
11 Louisville 9-0 862
12 South Carolina 7-2 836
13 Oregon State 7-1 796
14 Oklahoma 6-2 765
15 Texas A&M 7-2 700
16 Stanford 7-2 655
17 UCLA 7-2 446
18 Nebraska 7-2 441
19 Texas 7-2 355
19 Louisiana Tech 8-1 355
21 USC 6-3 237
22 Mississippi State 7-2 187
23 Toledo 8-1 146
24 Rutgers 7-1 99
25 Texas Tech 6-3 97

SID said:
1 Alabama (59) 9-0 1475
2 Oregon 9-0 1399
3 Kansas State 9-0 1370
4 Notre Dame 9-0 1289
5 Georgia 8-1 1218
6 Florida State 8-1 1147
7 Florida 8-1 1091
8 Clemson 8-1 1013
9 LSU 7-2 998
10 Louisville 9-0 940
11 South Carolina 7-2 880
12 Oregon State 7-1 807
13 Oklahoma 6-2 800
14 Texas A&M 7-2 736
15 Stanford 7-2 705
16 Nebraska 7-2 513
17 Texas 7-2 485
18 Louisiana Tech 8-1 363
19 UCLA 7-2 333
20 Rutgers 7-1 264
21 Northwestern 7-2 234
22 USC 6-3 224
23 Mississippi State 7-2 186
24 Boise State 7-2 126
25 Toledo 8-1 108

BCS said:
1 Alabama 9-0
2 Kansas State 9-0
3 Oregon 9-0
4 Notre Dame 9-0
5 Georgia 8-1
6 Florida 8-1
7 LSU 7-2
8 South Carolina 7-2
9 Louisville 9-0
10 Florida State 8-1
11 Oregon State 7-1
12 Oklahoma 6-2
13 Clemson 8-1
14 Stanford 7-2
15 Texas A&M 7-2
16 Nebraska 7-2
17 Texas 7-2
18 UCLA 7-2
19 USC 6-3
20 Louisiana Tech 8-1
21 Mississippi State 7-2
22 Texas Tech 6-3
23 Rutgers 7-1
24 Northwestern 7-2
25 Toledo 8-1

Schedule
Tuesday, November 6
8:00 PM Ball State at No. 25 Toledo

Wednesday, November 7
8:00 PM Bowling Green at Ohio

Thursday, November 8
7:00 PM Louisiana-Monroe at Arkansas State
7:30 PM No. 10 Florida State at Virginia Tech

Friday, November 9
8:00 PM Pittsburgh at Connecticut

Saturday, November 10
3:30 PM Arizona State at No. 19 USC
12:00 PM Arkansas at No. 8 South Carolina
12:00 PM No. 9 Louisville at Syracuse
12:00 PM Iowa State at No. 17 Texas
12:00 PM Kansas at No. 22 Texas Tech
12:00 PM Army at No. 23 Rutgers
12:00 PM No. 24 Northwestern at Michigan

12:00 PM Wisconsin at Indiana
12:00 PM Cincinnati at Temple
12:00 PM Miami (FL) at Virginia
12:00 PM Purdue at Iowa
12:21 PM Louisiana-Lafayette at No. 6 Florida
12:21 PM Missouri at Tennessee
12:30 PM Georgia Tech at North Carolina
1:00 PM Florida Atlantic at Western Kentucky
1:00 PM Kent State at Miami (OH)
1:00 PM Central Michigan at Eastern Michigan
1:30 PM Colorado at Arizona
2:00 PM Massachusetts at Akron
3:00 PM No. 11 Oregon State at No. 14 Stanford
3:00 PM Wake Forest at North Carolina State
3:30 PM No. 15 Texas A&M at No. 1 Alabama
3:30 PM Baylor at No. 12 Oklahoma
3:30 PM Maryland at No. 13 Clemson
3:30 PM Penn State at No. 16 Nebraska

3:30 PM Air Force at San Diego State
3:30 PM San Jose State at New Mexico State
3:30 PM Wyoming at New Mexico
3:30 PM West Virginia at Oklahoma State
3:30 PM Minnesota at Illinois
3:30 PM Western Michigan at Buffalo
3:30 PM Navy at Troy
4:30 PM Marshall at UAB
5:00 PM Tulsa at Houston
5:00 PM South Alabama at North Texas
5:00 PM McNeese State at UTSA
7:00 PM No. 2 Kansas State at TCU
7:00 PM No. 5 Georgia at Auburn
7:00 PM No. 21 Mississippi State at No. 7 LSU
7:00 PM No. 20 Louisiana Tech at Texas State

7:00 PM UNLV at Colorado State
7:00 PM Boise State at Hawaii
7:00 PM Vanderbilt at Ole Miss
7:00 PM Tulane at Memphis
7:00 PM Southern Miss at Southern Methodist
7:00 PM UCF at UTEP
8:00 PM No. 4 Notre Dame at Boston College
10:15 PM Idaho at Brigham Young
10:30 PM No. 3 Oregon at California
10:30 PM No. 18 UCLA at Washington State

10:30 PM Utah at Washington
10:35 PM Fresno State at Nevada

Pick 'Em!
GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games
* all games Saturday unless otherwise marked

(THU) Florida State @ Virginia Tech by X
Louisville @ Syracuse by X
Iowa State @ Texas by X
Northwestern @ Michigan by X
Missouri @ Tennessee by X
Georgia Tech @ North Carolina by X
Oregon State @ Stanford by X
Texas A&M @ Alabama by X
Penn State @ Nebraska by X
Arizona State @ USC by X
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State by X
Vanderbilt @ Ole Miss by X
Kansas State @ TCU by X
Mississippi State @ LSU by X
Utah @ Washington by X

Your Slightly too early BCS Bowl Outlook:
MNC: Kansas State vs Alabama
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Nebraska
Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame vs Oregon St
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs Louisville
Orange Bowl: Florida St vs Oklahoma

Bonus:
leswax.gif

11811624-standard.jpg

lyCBE.jpg

bluemax

Banned
BlueMax breaks down the BCS Top 10

(I did this last year and it pissed everyone off enough that I'm doing it again this year! Suck it!)

ffc.gif
10. Florida State 8-1
Best Win: 49-37 over #13 Clemson
Loss(es):17-16 @ NCST
Best Remaining: #6 Florida
Thoughts: The Seminoles drop a spot despite a big win over former Coastal division winner Duke. For now all FSU can do is win and hope for chaos at the top. Worst case they go to the Orange Bowl and wonder what could have been.

llh2.gif
9. Louisville 9-0
Best Win: 34-31 (OT) Cincinnati
Best Remaining: #23 Rutgers
Thoughts: Oddly a win over mediocre Temple moves the undefeated Cardinals up a spot in the polls. While their fans will continue to gripe about the fact that they're undefeated and behind two loss teams, the fact is the teams they're behind have LOST to better teams than Louisville has played. Join a real conference or something!

ssi.gif
8. South Carolina 7-2
Best Win: 35-7 over #6 Georgia
Loss(es): 23-21 @ #7 LSU, 44-11 @ #6 Florida
Best Remaining: #13 Clemson
Thoughts: No longer are the Gamecocks the highest ranked 2 loss team in the nation, if anything you'd think LSU's loss would drop them a bit more but well, here we are. The Gamecocks are in third place in their division and don't control their own destiny at this point.

lli_2.gif
7. LSU 7-2
Best Win: #8 South Carolina 23-21
Loss(es): #6 Florida 14-6, #1 Alabama 21-17
Best Remaining: #21 Mississippi State
Thoughts: The Mad Hatter was only a few minutes away from throwing everything into craziness but then Mettenberger turned back into a pumpkin and all those river boat gambler decisions earlier in the game came back to haunt him. For now things are a bit out of the Tigers control, but given the number of SEC teams in the mix that can all change in a hurry.

ffa.gif
6. Florida 8-1
Best Win: 14-6 over #8 LSU
Loss(es): 17-9 #5 Georgia
Best Remaining: #9 Florida State
Thoughts: The Gators almost joined South Carolina and LSU in the two loss group but a forth INT by Missouri's James Franklin gave them enough momentum to pull out a victory. The Gators now have essentially two bye weeks against cup cakes before they face off with in state rival Florida State.

ggb.gif
5. Georgia 8-1
Best Win: 17-9 #6 Florida
Loss: #8 South Carolina 35-7
Best Remaining: Georgia Tech (and probably the SEC CCG)
Thoughts: A few weeks back I said Georgia was essentially SoS fodder, now they're the second highest ranked SEC team and have the inside track at the SEC CCG thanks to a head to head win over Florida. If they can avoid a monumental upset against Auburn this week then they have a cupcake game and an in state rivalry game to prep themselves for Alabama.

nnx.gif
4. Notre Dame 8-0
Best Win: #12 Oklahoma 30-13
Best Remaining: #19 USC
Thoughts: A week after their signature win against Oklahoma the Irish needed 3 over times, a missed gimme field goal and some home cooking on a PI call to beat the lowly Pittsburgh Panthers. While the announcers may have deemed them a team of destiny, the pollsters and computers did not as the Irish dropped to 4th in the BCS. Suddenly Notre Dame fans find themselves rooting for arch rival USC to not only win out but also pull off an upset in the Pac 12 CCG. Good luck with that.

ooe.gif
3. Oregon 8-0
Best Win: 62-51 over #19 USC
Best Remaining: #14 Stanford, #11 Oregon State
Thoughts: Oregon escaped the curse of Colorado with some help from the refs and timely USC turnovers. While the Ducks defense may have raised more questions than they answered, the Oregon offense showed that it can keep the instensity and tempo up for 4 quarters. The Ducks now find themselves rooting for in state rival Oregon State, and hoping USC can beat Arizona State and Notre Dame (but not ucla).

kkb.gif
2. Kansas State 8-0
Best Win: #12 Oklahoma 24-19
Best Remaining: #17 Texas
Thoughts: Kansas State only has two real concerns at this point, Collin Klein's health and Oregon's remaining schedule. The Ducks will face off with a Stanford team that will likely be in the low teens and an Oregon State team that could climb back into the top 10, plus a Pac 12 CCG game against a possible ucla team ranked in the top 15. K-State has a disappointing TCU squad, post RG3 Baylor and Texas. Wildcat fans better hope Texas can move itsself into the top 15 or higher before their confrontation.

aad_3.gif
1. Alabama 8-0
Best Win: #7 LSU 21-7
Best Remaining: #15 aTm
Thoughts: The Crimson Tide got tested for the first time all season and showed their ability to overcome adversity and make plays with a lot on the line. AJ McCarron had the kind of moment that helps win Heisman's with his big pass to TJ Yeldon. The Tide get their final regular season test against the explosive aTm offense this weekend. If they can contain Johnny Football, its gonna be hard to see them not being favored against anyone they play in the MNC.

bluemax

Banned
Pac 12 Bowl Eligibility:

Qualified:
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
ucla
USC

Almost certain to qualify:
Arizona
Arizona St (they play each other one of them will make it at the least)
UW (they have to play Wazzu)

Barely Alive:
Utah (They need to beat 2 out of Arizona, UW and Colorado)

Better luck next year:
California
Wazzu
Colorado

As I hinted at in my BCS top 10, I think Oregon wants USC to beat ASU and Notre Dame but lose to ucla. Then they want ucla to win out against WSU, USC and Stanford. And have Oregon State beat Stanford, Cal, and Nicholls State. Stanford would torpedo but you'd get a top 10 game against Oregon, and a Pac 12 CCG against ucla which could climb to like 12-14, rather than a rematch against a 3 loss USC team.

Ideal outcome: Oregon State wins out and beats Oregon in the Civil War, advances to Pac-12 CCG. Doesn't matter who wins that game.

Kansas State wins out.
Notre Dame loses to USC.

Alabama loses in the SECCG.

Louisville wins out.

:lol times ahead

I have the Longhorn network and will thus be one of 45 people world wide that will be able to watch Iowa St. vs. Texas on national television.

Ideal outcome: Oregon State wins out and beats Oregon in the Civil War, advances to Pac-12 CCG. Doesn't matter who wins that game.

Kansas State wins out.
Notre Dame loses to USC.

Alabama loses in the SECCG.

Louisville wins out.

:lol times ahead

At first I thought Alabama, KState, Oregon, and ND being all undefeated would create the most chaos, but I do think if Alabama somehow loses to TAMU this week, that would cause even more chaos. 3 undefeateds and a 1 loss SEC team just before the BCS selection show would be insane.

Yeah, UCLA sounds about right for Oregon.

And based on recent play it might be possible. I have pretty much assumed USC twice up to this point.

And I was hoping Pitt wouldn't have to make me a Trojan fan, but I was disappointed.

Anyways, it isn't uncommon to be a Trojan fan in the SEC, just ask Tennessee fans about it.

Karl2177

I have the Longhorn network and will thus be one of 45 people world wide that will be able to watch Iowa St. vs. Texas on national television.

At first I thought Alabama, KState, Oregon, and ND being all undefeated would create the most chaos, but I do think if Alabama somehow loses to TAMU this week, that would cause even more chaos. 3 undefeateds and a 1 loss SEC team just before the BCS selection show would be insane.

Lucky. I'll be forced to listen to the radio for my Cyclones updates.

Also, let's say aTm beats Alabama. Is the SEC going to explode because they were a Big-12 team last season?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
11811624-standard.jpg

Lets count up how many facepalms there are! I count 24.

There is 1 Finebaum. Far left, on sideline, bald head, next to big blue shirt guy.

cdyhybrid

Lucky. I'll be forced to listen to the radio for my Cyclones updates.

Also, let's say aTm beats Alabama. Is the SEC going to explode because they were a Big-12 team last season?

If aTm wins they will become lifelong members of the SEC with all the associated traditional football success.

desh

The Oregon state@Stanford game this weeki is going to be a tough one to pick. I think I'm going to root for osu; I think having both the winners of the civil war and the USC/UCLA rivalry game be in the CCG is a cool thing.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
11811624-standard.jpg

Lets count up how many facepalms there are! I count 24.

There is 1 Finebaum. Far left, on sideline, bald head, next to big blue shirt guy.

Looks like Finebaum, but I find it really hard to believe that Finebaum wore a tie to the game.

Another fantastic job on the OP.

Looks like we gotta get our picks in super early this week.

So basically the The Rivalry game is for the the Pac 12 south title?

cashman

Banned
Another fantastic job on the OP.

Looks like we gotta get our picks in super early this week.

So basically the The Rivalry game is for the the Pac 12 south title?

Just a heads up, the bolded games are just the games that ranked teams are playing in. ttk hand picks the pickem games himself.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah, UCLA sounds about right for Oregon.

And based on recent play it might be possible. I have pretty much assumed USC twice up to this point.

And I was hoping Pitt wouldn't have to make me a Trojan fan, but I was disappointed.

Anyways, it isn't uncommon to be a Trojan fan in the SEC, just ask Tennessee fans about it.

I am going to both laugh and cry when Brett Hundley launches his 2013 Heisman Campaign by beating Oregon and taking the bRuins to the Rose Bowl.

Iowa State @ Texas by X
Texas A&M @ Alabama by X
Arizona State @ USC by X
Kansas State @ TCU by X
Utah @ Washington by X

(THU) Florida State @ Virginia Tech by 8
Louisville @ Syracuse by 10
Iowa State @ Texas by 4
Northwestern @ Michigan by 7
Missouri @ Tennessee by 7
Georgia Tech @ North Carolina by 7
Oregon State @ Stanford by 7
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 10
Penn State @ Nebraska by 7
Arizona State @ USC by 14
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State by 7
Vanderbilt @ Ole Miss by 10
Kansas State @ TCU by 17
Mississippi State @ LSU by 16
Utah @ Washington by 9

cdyhybrid

(THU) Florida State @ Virginia Tech by 17
Louisville @ Syracuse by 8
Iowa State @ Texas by 7
Northwestern @ Michigan by 4
Missouri @ Tennessee by 10
Georgia Tech @ North Carolina by 4
Oregon State @ Stanford by 4
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 7
Penn State @ Nebraska by 4
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State by 10
Vanderbilt @ Ole Miss by 4
Kansas State @ TCU by 17
Mississippi State @ LSU by 10
Utah @ Washington by 4

BYE WEEK. Finally.

Browns are off, too.

Things to do:

1) Get my car serviced
2) Get my cat serviced
3) Watch Skyfall
4) Catch up on other movies I've missed (Argo, Looper)
5) Watch Skyfall again
6) ???
7) Profit

I was flipping through the other day and LHN had like a texas diving on for 6 hours. Awesome channel....

BYE WEEK. Finally.

Browns are off, too.

Things to do:

1) Get my car serviced
2) Get my cat serviced
3) Watch Skyfall
4) Catch up on other movies I've missed (Argo, Looper)
5) Watch Skyfall again
6) ???
7) Profit

I think my g/f is most excited about the bye week. As she said "now we can do shit on saturday again."

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
THU) Florida State @ Virginia Tech by 17
Louisville @ Syracuse by 7
Iowa State @ Texas by 3
Northwestern @ Michigan by 3
Missouri @ Tennessee by 10
Georgia Tech @ North Carolina by 14
Oregon State @ Stanford by 7
Texas A&M @ Alabama by 10
Penn State @ Nebraska by 7
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State by 10
Vanderbilt @ Ole Miss by 7
Kansas State @ TCU by 7
Mississippi State @ LSU by 10
Utah @ Washington by 7

Thank god for the bye week.

krzy123

bye weeks? haven't played on sat. the past two weeks, and won't play this sat. either, then again when we play its unwatchable anyways.

So if Indiana can upset Wisconsin this saturday and win out the rest the way they will rep the leaders divsion.

Wtf.

FYI, they currently sit at 4-5.

FyreWulff

So, am I correct in assuming Nebraska's game against Penn State means nothing?

Loss then win out (and Michigan wins out) - Big 10 Championship berth?
Win then win out (and Michigan wins out)- Big 10 Championship berth because they beat Michigan?

edit: it's early and I'm not sure I'm thinking this one through completely.

So, am I correct in assuming Nebraska's game against Penn State means nothing?

Loss then win out (and Michigan wins out) - Big 10 Championship berth?
Win then win out (and Michigan wins out)- Big 10 Championship berth?

Wont matter, michigan wont win out.

But to answer your question, if Michigan wins out, UNL needs to win out to claim their division.

FyreWulff

Wont matter, michigan wont win out.

But to answer your question, if Michigan wins out, UNL needs to win out to claim their division.

Okay yeah I confused myself with the whole postseason ban situation.

And after the drubbing you guys gave us, yeah I don't see Michigan winning out.

So if Indiana can upset Wisconsin this saturday and win out the rest the way they will rep the leaders divsion.

Wtf.

FYI, they currently sit at 4-5.

If that happened I wouldn't even count it as Nebraska's first conference championoship in over a decade

andycapps

Iowa State @ Texas by X
Texas A&M @ Alabama by X
Arizona State @ USC by X
Kansas State @ TCU by X
Utah @ Washington by X

You went with Vandy and Ole Miss vs Georgia @ Auburn? AKA the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry? I know Auburn sucks, but predicting a score would have been fun. I'll throw it in mine when I do my picks anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You went with Vandy and Ole Miss vs Georgia @ Auburn? AKA the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry? I know Auburn sucks, but predicting a score would have been fun. I'll throw it in mine when I do my picks anyway.

I think the difficulty of the picks is more important than the meaning of the game in general.

We know Georgia is going to blow the shit out of Auburn, it would be a gimmie.

(Georgia by 44)

andycapps

BlueMax breaks down the BCS Top 10

ggb.gif
5. Georgia 7-1
Best Win: 17-9 #6 Florida
Loss: #8 South Carolina 35-7
Best Remaining: Georgia Tech (and probably the SEC CCG)
Thoughts: A few weeks back I said Georgia was essentially SoS fodder, now they're the second highest ranked SEC team and have the inside track at the SEC CCG thanks to a head to head win over Florida. If they can avoid a monumental upset against Auburn this week then they have a cupcake game and an in state rivalry game to prep themselves for Alabama.

Good job breaking down the top 10, but UGA is 8-1.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Still #22 BCS, which is cool. I'm thinking we'll finish out the season 2-1 with wins against Kansas and Baylor and a loss to OSU. May revise my OSU pick if Amaro comes back. Good odds of ending up top 25 BCS in that situation, I think.

KingGondo

Banned
Still #22 BCS, which I guess is cool. I'm thinking we'll finish out the season 2-1 with wins against Kansas and Baylor and a loss to OSU. May revise my OSU pick if Amaro comes back.
We have WVU, Tech, @OU, and @Baylor left.

3-1 would get us to 8-4, and that would be a nice way to finish the season. This team has been highly unpredictable this year. We've started more QBs this year than we did in the previous 5 years. :(

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
We have WVU, Tech, @OU, and @Baylor left.

3-1 would get us to 8-4, and that would be a nice way to finish the season. This team has been highly unpredictable this year. We've started more QBs this year than we did in the previous 5 years. :(

Did Chelf start a game? I thought it was just Walsh and Lunt. I've gone to so many games this year that I haven't been able to watch many other games at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom