• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3, first review: SP campaign lasts 5 hours only including sidemissions, 9/10

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=58774&sid=6fbb2087222b333868f79f17387c89d1

CD-Action Mag known for reviewing big games early has reviewed Crysis 3 and gave it a great 9 out of 10. a user from Crydev forums named “pcrysis” published a few details about the review as you can see below:

it takes 5h to complete game in normal mode with sidemissions
there is something cool after credits
probably driveble tank
ending doesn’t exclude future dlc
last two levels are really big
facial animations better done than in LA Noire

you can see the cover of magazine calling it a MEGA REVIEW because its 8 pages.

overall 9/10
gameplay 9/10
video 10/10
audio 8/10

edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47659870&postcount=482

Ok I bought CDA with Crysis 3.

Review is based on few days event in Frankfurt and its very general:
- they mentioned in one short sentence that there is option to hack few pingers and tank,
- there is screenshot where they are driving jeep
- They said that You can finish it in 5 hours on Normal mode, but there are 5 difficulty settings
- they said that there is option to use Maximum Nanosuit in singleplayer few times
- two shots shows quite big, but empty areas, like just after a battlefield, in one he was in pinger, in second in jeep. Pinger one has objective indicator showing 212m to target
- two last missions are very large
- he really liked a game and multiplayer

And thats about any details we dont already know.

Derrick01

Banned
Yet it was given a 9/10 :\

Honestly when this game was announced and that it was returning to NY it felt like an expansion pack to me. 5 hour SP would only strengthen those feelings for me.

iNvid02

ok so it will take me around 8-10 hours, im ok with that

edit: i forgot the pc screenshots, 20hr game confirmed

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I was debating if I should get this because it came with crysis 1.
Meh, maybe not if this is true

5 hours of crysis > 5 hours of most other shooters.

And it will take me more than that to finish it. And replay it.

And we buy it for eye-candy, after all. xD

Kimawolf

Five hours... Seems a bit short for the asking price but I guess that's the price to be paid for eye meltingly gorgeous graphics.

Munin

I don't feel FPS need excessively long SP campaigns. There's a ton of them out there anyhow and with the limited mechanics after 6-7 hours I usually start to feel bored.

kinggroin

Banned
Awesome news!

Hope we get more battles and scenarios like the first game. The second one was mostly very boring and restrictive.

Yet it was given a 9/10 :\

Honestly when this game was announced and that it was returning to NY it felt like an expansion pack to me. 5 hour SP would only strengthen those feelings for me.

9 for 5 hours of gameplay? :/ PSone I miss you.

So a game should automatically not be given a high score because it's short, even if the reviewer finds those 5 hours to be completely fantastic?

Metal-Geo

Compared to Crysis 2's length, this is pretty surprising. Then again, if this game really does go back to bigger maps, I'll definitely get a few replays out of it.

omonimo

Banned
So a game should automatically not be given a high score because it's short, even if the reviewer finds those 5 hours to be completely fantastic?

REmember to me your last fantastic 5 hours game. Even ICO it's longer. I haven't the time to feel funny because the game is ended from awhile.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, so are we still judging quantity over quality here or what?

Replayability and sandbox elements to single player games make speedrun times less relevant, I thought people championed Crysis for it's sandboxy gameplay?

5-10 hours is fine for a FPS. Do you people really want to spend 20 hours in a linear game? Unless it's a free roamer or non-traditional level design, I don't want to spend days on the SP. Specially if it's military games.

Now if it has no replayability, no multiplayer, then I won't spend anything over $20.

kinggroin

Banned
REmember to me your last fantastic 5 hours game. Even ICO it's longer. I haven't the time to feel funny & the game is ended.

Limbo was incredible. 30 flights of loving told a better story than most 30 hour epics, and New Super Mario brothers was the best entry to the "new" series.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Ryoku

Five hours? The fuck? Crysis 1 took ~15 hours to complete. Crysis 2 took ~15 hours to complete. Five? Oh boy. We'll see how good/bad it is.

Battlefield 3's campaign was ~4-5 hours, and it was complete and utter shit.

ArjanN

I'm getting flashbacks to the Dishonored thread...

Five hours? The fuck? Crysis 1 took ~15 hours to complete. Crysis 2 took ~15 hours to complete. Five? Oh boy. We'll see how good/bad it is.

Nah, I'm pretty sure you could easily beat both those games on normal in half that time, even the first time through. Most of the encounters are very sandboxy so you can just run to the objective, and on normal you're barely ever going to die either.

5-10 hours is fine for a FPS. Do you people really want to spend 20 hours in a linear game? Unless it's a free roamer or non-traditional level design, I don't want to spend days on the SP. Specially if it's military games.

5 hours is a lot different than 10 hours. 5 hours is unacceptably short, 10 hours is good, 12 hours is perfect.

Top Bottom