• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Review Thread

No 60 fps patch or fps boost on Xbox = pretty shameful. Microsoft is always getting credited for their "awesome BC" yet Microsoft hasn't updated most of the Xbox ones best exclusives! This really upsets me as they made so many promises about what the Series X was going to do for BC on consoles.

No 60 fps patch or fps boost on Xbox = pretty shameful. Microsoft is always getting credited for their "awesome BC" yet Microsoft hasn't updated most of the Xbox ones best exclusives! This really upsets me as they made so many promises about what the Series X was going to do for BC on consoles.
There most prob is a technical reason why it can't be done, given MS have looked to path or FPB many of their games, even the ones that didn't sell great (like Quantum Break)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's not in their interest to not do the update, indeed, the benefit to players, the brand and to publishers is obvious. Many games did benefit from resolution and frame rate boosts. So, I assume there's more to it than Microsoft just not bothering.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
hate the amount of email I have to read in order to keep up with the story.

I hate this in games. Imagine if a film stopped and asked it's audience to read half a dozen emails every ten minutes.

This is terrible storytelling, it really put me off QB. Perhaps there's a lesson for developers to be learnt about how doing less is actually doing more.

Filben

Awesome game, hate the amount of email I have to read in order to keep up with the story.
To be fair, you don't need to read them. The important things are transported by cutscenes and dialogues. Emails and other texts more likely explain how things work, like on physical level or explain side characters' motivation. It's, as in Control, more for world building, for those who really want to know more and suck in every piece of info they can get.

I agree that it can feel overwhelming or that you feel the need to read all of them. But ultimately you don't have to to understand what's going on and why you do what you do.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This game is a prime candidate for receiving FPS boost on modern Xbox consoles. Such a damn shame they haven't done one so far.
It didn't even get a XOX enhancement iirc, that game and others are the reason why I stayed PC mainly, since I can see least brute force my own "remasters"... It's funny because it's a game I haven't played yet it influenced my decision, but hey, it's bargain bin price on Steam now and this thread just reminded me I wanted to give it a go :D

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It didn't even get a XOX enhancement iirc, that game and others are the reason why I stayed PC mainly, since I can see least brute force my own "remasters"... It's funny because it's a game I haven't played yet it influenced my decision, but hey, it's bargain bin price on Steam now and this thread just reminded me I wanted to give it a go :D

It got a resolution boost for One X. Supposedly "4K" but very heavily reconstructed. Looks a lot better than XBO tho.

How does the steam version run? I recall it having a lot of issues when it 1st launched, but would a 5800x/3080 rig have problems running it?
I can also confirm it is fine. I had no issues with a lowly 1600X+5600xt.
They should make Quantum Break 2 and make it multiplatform so it can sell millions

The game was treated unfairly and the TV show was optional
Microsoft owns the ip, so a sequel would never be multiplatform even if it got made.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I can also confirm it is fine. I had no issues with a lowly 1600X+5600xt.

Microsoft owns the ip, so a sequel would never be multiplatform even if it got made.
I forgot MS owns Quantum Break, yeah a sequel would be Xbox exclusive then. They should fund it

RagnarokIV

Now that MS own both, I want a genre-defining game:

QUANTUM QUAKE

It's quake gameplay but in the story driven style and universe of Remedy.
The punchable face guy dies off-screen so the new character is portrayed by ROBERT PATRICK (The Batman, Tenet).
Support cast of Michael Biehn (The Terminator), Michael Ironside (Total Recall) and the villain is Mads.

Brock2621

Aight I went ahead and just picked this up from Steam for $8. I never played it so I'll poke around this weekend with it. Anyone know if it supports Dolby Atmos?

Kataploom

Gold Member
Aight I went ahead and just picked this up from Steam for $8. I never played it so I'll poke around this weekend with it. Anyone know if it supports Dolby Atmos?
Me too and the game doesn't let me pick 4K resolution for some reason lmao, no wonder people hated it on PC on release

Apocryphon

It’s cool for about 5 minutes each play-through but the story is convoluted and it doesn’t run at 60fps on Series X despite being patched for “4K”. I’d play a sequel though I think as long as it wasn’t a mixed media thing again.

Brock2621

Me too and the game doesn't let me pick 4K resolution for some reason lmao, no wonder people hated it on PC on release
Yeah mine was stuck at 720 but you have to go into C:\Users\[Yourname]\AppData\Local\QuantumBreak and open renderer.ini in notepad. You can change the resolution there. I also installed Reshade and added some filters that really make it pop on my OLED. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom