• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

I do this extremely frequently, especially for LAN and fighting game couch tournaments with my friends.

Yeah I was going to respond to Havok with some more info and possible 'buts' until I realized wtf is wrong with me lol. Why am I trying to spin this as if it's not a big deal when it clearly is lol.

Apparently a source said the timer is 3 mins to suspend the game/app if your Internet goes down.

It does more harm to consumers than not. What is the positive to come from always online? I could buy that installing games first means quicker load times, no spinning disc noise etc.

Look at Simcity, what a mess.

Ghazi

Why would it take you more than 3 minutes to get your Mtn. Dew and Doritos while it reconnects?

Yeah I was going to respond to Havok with some more info and possible 'buts' until I realized wtf is wrong with me lol. Why am I trying to spin this as if it's not a big deal when it clearly is lol.

Apparently a source said the timer is 3 mins to suspend the game/app if your Internet goes down.

It does more harm to consumers than not. What is the positive to come from always online? I could buy that installing games first means quicker load times, no spinning disc noise etc.

Look at Simcity, what a mess.

Yeah, fuck that noise.

DeadNames

Banned
TR72Ahs.jpg

This is my latest forge project. It's a symmetrical arena map inspired by Japanese architecture. It's similar to Sanc in layout.

I'm looking for name suggestions as I cant seem to think of any good ones.

Bushido.

Once the Covenant invasion of New Edo finished, this prime real estate now is not only a grave reminder of death, but also a hostile battleground.

Or Kamikaze. Whichever.

willow ve

This is my latest forge project. It's a symmetrical arena map inspired by Japanese architecture. It's similar to Sanc in layout.

Looks interesting. If it plays great call it Kurosawa

If it doesn't play all that good, but is still fun, call it Lucas

Madness

How does a guy who publicly says "Fuck Halo" back in its peak as the premiere shooter in the industry and says it's disrespectful to veterans, blah blah blah get hired as creative director at Microsoft studios?

Not only that, his tweets were insulting, especially to Manveer, a senior designer at BioWare Montreal and working on the next Mass Effect. He also defamed two cities/counties or whatever.

He might just work with new IP's and shit

Isn't that more reason to avoid the NeXtBox? I'm less likely to buy a new console that will offer new IPs that diverge from the design philosophy of a game I loved.

I can't believe that I'm going to buy a PS4.

Sony has somehow done everything right by me while MSFT has metaphorically shit all over me and told me not to worry because Soon™ everything will be great.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
TR72Ahs.jpg

Wow looks sick. Keep me updated on how it goes please

Tashi, handing out percentages like he works for IGN.

IGN fucking wishes I worked for them

I don't know how bad always online would work out for them, especially if they come in a good enough price point BUT I can't fathom this lack of message control.

They're drumming up anti-MS/Nextbox sentiment, and that's where I see the real problem.
It was the same with W8/Metro.

Lack of message control / awareness.

Awww, you're so sw...

OH. So I'm like a 6/10? Well fuck you Tashi, last time I wear my lacey unmentionables for you!

Alright. $20 says you're wrong. Loser pays by paypal. You game?
I'd be happy to be wrong, so either way I "win".

BABY PLEASE, COME BACK!

I didnt know the Sarah Palmer figure is already out but sold out in some of the japanese stores but no in Waypoint, so anyone have a promo code discount or something?

A lot of people play their xbox's offline.

sad thing, Certain games dont load you saves offline like Dragon Age I and II.

PM me if you're game Eagle. I'm off to bed.
How does a guy who publicly says "Fuck Halo" back in its peak as the premiere shooter in the industry and says it's disrespectful to veterans, blah blah blah get hired as creative director at Microsoft studios?

Not only that, his tweets were insulting, especially to Manveer, a senior designer at BioWare Montreal and working on the next Mass Effect. He also defamed two cities/counties or whatever.
1) Pretty sure Manveer and he have at least a casual friendship/are aquaintences going by the tone of their tweets and Holmes's response
2) As pointed out by Ellis/Tashi/most people, he probably doesn't cover Halo, that there are other people who do.
3) People change
4) He's still clueless for tweeting those things in this climate

Lord, do the developers of Crysis 3 even care? I'm playing this game and it's literally a mash up "super duper awesome" action sequences. It makes MW3 look as slow as L.A Noire. There's no story, the multiplayer sucks (not Halo Reach like sucks, like mobile game quality), and the gaemplay gets repetitive after the second mission. If it wasn't for the pretty graphics, Walmart wouldn't even sell this game.

m23

Whoever that idiot Orth guy is should be fired. Confuses me as to why MS even hires such a person.

"Why on earth would I live there?" Smh

Tawpgun

The whole Virgin partnership has been the most underwhelming thing to hit this franchise.

I can't believe the deal wasn't just one tournament. Like they did that ONE thing and seemingly abandoned Halo 4. The least they could have done is created more tournaments. Maybe ones not in infinity slayer also.

And because of that Halo 4 can't be in MLG and such. Jesus.

darthbob

Whoever that idiot Orth guy is should be fired. Confuses me as to why MS even hires such a person.

"Why on earth would I live there?" Smh

It's a valid question, to be sure.

People without good/reliable connections to the Internet are clearly not Microsoft's demographic. If this bothers you, well, sorry.

m23

Off topic but playing through Borderlands 2 and I must say the game has some of the best enemies in any game I've played. So good.

IHaveIce

Banned

People without good/reliable connections to the Internet are clearly not Microsoft's demographic. If this bothers you, well, sorry.

Huuh? Surely you understand that there were tons of 360's being sold that never went online?

vvv like slut says

Personally speaking, if I wanted to maximize profit, I'd make sure my target demographic was as massive as I could make it. What they're doing makes zero sense.

Are they trying to prevent people from having a modded xbox and downloading burning games?

Pretty sure someone will figure out how to beat that...Nowise could probably figure it out

willow ve

The only reason I can think of for Microsoft not getting some PR together and stopping the detrimental Next Xbox rumors (most notably - the always online to play anything, ever) is that it's true.

Prove me wrong spin doctors.

willow ve

the always online cant be true. nextbox is sounding more and more ugly,not to mention halo and gears are dead.

You would think someone with actual knowledge would then "leak" the correct information to the gaming press. Right now there isn't a single person who's thinking "oh hell yeah, these rumours sound great!"

Ghazi

You would think someone with actual knowledge would then "leak" the correct information to the gaming press. Right now there isn't a single person who's thinking "oh hell yeah, these rumours sound great!"

I'm betting the whole MSstudio is in conflict right now, they want to do it since they already gone so far in desgining the system around this requirement and they've probably told some publishers that's how it's going to be that if they delay it to change it they allow Sony to get ahead, while if they don't they get shitloads of fan backlash.

So they're in a lose lose situation right now, if this rumor is true.

willow ve

I'm betting the whole MSstudio is in conflict right now, they want to do it since they already gone so far in desgining the system around this requirement and they've probably told some publishers that's how it's going to be that if they delay it to change it they allow Sony to get ahead, while if they don't they get shitloads of fan backlash.

So they're in a lose lose situation right now, if this rumor is true.

It's got to be true. It's either true or they're a full year behind on their launch window. I mean we've all experienced how lackluster the Halo 4 promos were (although Forward Unto Dawn was amazing), but this lack of information is simply baffling.

We don't even have a rumour of a possible event where they might talk about the Xbox.

+ Always Online to Play
+ Forced Install
+ Can't Play Used Games

= $850 at launch

for that price I'll just get the converter that let's me use a Xbox controller on a PS4

TR72Ahs.jpg

I don't know why but the structures remind me of rebel bases in star wars.

Ghazi

It's got to be true. It's either true or they're a full year behind on their launch window. I mean we've all experienced how lackluster the Halo 4 promos were (although Forward Unto Dawn was amazing), but this lack of information is simply baffling.

We don't even have a rumour of a possible event where they might talk about the Xbox.

+ Always Online to Play
+ Forced Install
+ Can't Play Used Games

= $850 at launch

for that price I'll just get the converter that let's me use a Xbox controller on a PS4

Yeah, it sounds terrible. I really hope they don't go through with this and delay it, otherwise they could have issues next gen.

Tawpgun

It's just surprising that aside from its obvious and not surprising power, there is not a single positive rumor about the next xbox

Aggrotek

I might go PS4 if all this is true. Free online and Bungie's IP? I'm down.

TR72Ahs.jpg

You should name it Daikatana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom