• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Arrested Development GAF Pilgrimage: Recharging your chi one episode at a time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterGK

I always think the fact is funny that they always have this ''on the next episode'' but those fragments itself never happen in the next episode haha.

Zeppu

It was on this watch (seventh or eighth) that I realized that Maeby gave Mr. Daniels the stroke. Shame on me.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
No other posts today? Come on!

Lindsey's talk with George Michael made me laugh so hard. First great insist joke between them.

Wash the dog was also great.

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on, YEAH

Today's episode: "Staff Infection"

dpz9L7b.png

Synopsis - When Michael discovers his family has been receiving paychecks without working, he forces them all to get jobs within the company. Lindsay questions his management skills, and Tobias checks himself in at George Sr.'s prison to research a film role.

My favorite part of this episode was watching Buster. I like the part when he was in the Bluth Company Bathroom for an extended period of time "playing with himself" as Lucille said. Then finishing up at the same time as the short break of the employees ended.
G.O.B.: How’d you get him to do construction? The guy’s, like, the world’s biggest chicken. Coka, coka, coka.
Buster: I’m not a chicken.
Michael: Yeah, he’s not a chicken. He just doesn’t like confined spaces, that’s all.
G.O.B.: I thought it was open spaces.
Buster: No, it’s both. But I love it here. And the language these guys use. Rough! One of the guys told me to take my head out of my bottom and get back to work. (Cackling laughter.) My bottom! (Laughing.)

As I was watching that scene I realized we've never seen Buster's chicken dance, or Michael's. I wonder if they'll break those out in the new season.

Michael technically has that one chicken impression he does early in season 3 over the phone with Lindsay, as does Tobias with gob's trick illusion at the courthouse
, but yeah those 2, Tobias, GM, and Maebe never got one of their own (it even looked like Tambor had forgotten his at the end of the AD New Yorker reunion XD ). I'd love it if they got them to make up new ones of their own, though, to flll out the gaps.

Hold onto your cutoffs everyone, we've got another double header heading your way!

Today's episodes: "Altar Egos" & "Justice Is Blind"

Altar Egos
KYkxSyf.png

Synopsis - Michael attempts to have a one-night stand with an attorney whom he doesn't know is not only blind, but also the prosecutor who is trying to put his father in jail. Also, G.O.B. gets married on a dare, Maeby pretends to be a girl with a made up disease, and George Sr.'s admirer turns out to be an undercover SEC agent who has truly fallen for him.

Justice Is Blind
cFDc0zs.png

Synopsis - G.O.B. steals a file on the government's case against the Bluth Company that Maggie had given to Michael. Tobias is sent to Maggie's house to get evidence, George Michael tries to prove Maeby's fraud, and Lindsay fights to remove the Ten Commandments from the courthouse lawn.

Two of my favorite comedians appear here: Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler. And these are some of my favorite moments from both episodes involving both of their characters in a way:
Narrator: Her ability to see, however, was currently proving a disadvantage as she couldn’t reveal to the man she recognized as Tobias that she knew he was there without betraying her secret. And Tobias was finding her an uncannily difficult blind girl to outmaneuver. Their game of cat and mouse continued... until Michael showed up to return Justice.
Maggie: Oh, Justice, what is it, boy? What is it? Is there some jackass in my bathrobe? Oh! I can’t see!

G.O.B.: Believe me, we didn’t do any sleeping. I had sex last night.
Narrator: But he really didn’t.
G.O.B.: Yes, I did.

Gob's dialogue in these episodes always get me:

Gob: Michael, you have a chance to save this family. Please, do the right thing here - string this blind girl along so that Dad doesn't have to pay his debt to society.

Gob: Oh, now you love the ten commandments, yet you're the one who so conveniently forgot "Thou shalt protect thy father, and honor no one above him, unless it be-eth me, thy sweet Lord."

Gob: These are lawyers. That’s Latin for “liar.”

Gob: What is up with that prosecutie? I hope you didn’t break up with her.

Gob:What? No, Michael, you can. Don’t you...? You just won the gold medal at the sexual Special Olympics. She can’t ever find you again. Don’t you see that you’re so lucky? God, how do you not...?

I have an irreversible case of retinoblastoma.

Hey, I thought we said no more law talk.

I'm blind.

I'm wasted!

:lol

Thread's died down a bit, honeymoon period seems to be over. Oh cruel fate! Yet we who remain soldier on.

Today's episode: "Missing Kitty"

RZXquJs.png

Synopsis - G.O.B. attempts to make good on his promise to make the family yacht disappear. Meanwhile, Lindsay and Maeby try to track down Lindsay's grandmother, Tobias seeks George Sr.'s respect, and Michael attempts to fire Kitty, who claims to have information that could bring down the company.

And a fun fact - this episode was actually originally written and shot as episode 16. You can see remnants of this in the fact that Tobias is still practicing for the frightened inmate #2 part he lost last episode, and there is no mention of GOB's new wife until the next episode with his
bachelor party turned crime scene

TUSR

Banned
whenever you post the preview image for an episode it starts playing in my head. I really have watched the show too much.

Kitty's implants are so distracting but not for a good reason. I like these lines:
Michael: Okay, that’s not going to happen. Okay? There’s not gonna be any coeds. There certainly isn’t going to be any magic. It is a path to a lonely life where people mock you and you don’t even realize it.
G.O.B.: But Michael, I’m a magici... Oh, I see what you did.

<insert witty setup comment here>

Today's episode: "Best Man for the Gob"

DwzQeBN.png

Synopsis - George Sr. uses G.O.B.'s bachelor party as an opportunity to set up his accountant in a compromising position so that he can blackmail him. Meanwhile, Michael tries to prove he's a fun guy, and the Fünke's reunite their family folk-music band.

I tried to follow the pilgrimage, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad. I finished all three seasons in about a week. :(

No worries, as long as the discussion itself stays on schedule. I actually cheated by going a few episodes ahead myself a few days ago *a thousand floggings in expiation and repentance*

Also in this episode, I always really liked the moment with Michael and GM, "And the two Bluth boys thought about having fun" and the both of them just kind of staring awkwardly at eachother.

Aside from Buster's juice, my favorite part of the episode was:
tumblr_llri6s0fU31qf0rpdo1_400.gif

Lucille: Besides, I’m going to Annyong’s soccer award ceremony and...
Annyong: Annyong.
Lucille: ...and I don’t need the other soccer moms knowing how old my first batch of kids are.
G.O.B.: Yeah, I think that they’re going to know that Annyong’s not your...
G.O.B.: Would somebody please tell this insufferable child... to... God!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This episode had some really funny parts. The beginning back-and-forth with the rooms, Tobias taking his shirt off in the hot room (plus his feminine jacket in the cold room), the awkward staring at Annyong as mentioned above when he blurted his "name" out, George Michael trying so hard to be including in the band with his wood block, and of course, the party being off the hook.

I always think the fact is funny that they always have this ''on the next episode'' but those fragments itself never happen in the next episode haha.
When I first started watching the show I didn't realize that and wouldn't pay attention to that part, missed alot of jokes first time around.

Zebra

When I first started watching the show I didn't realize that and wouldn't pay attention to that part, missed alot of jokes first time around.

Same here. It made my first rewatch of the series even more of a treat getting to see completely new (to me) material.

Better late than never!

Today's episode: "Whistler's Mother"

S9BjSm6.png

Synopsis - Michael deals with numerous requests for some unfrozen money, and chastises Lucille for being too coddling with Buster. Also, Lindsay decides to protest the war to boost her self-esteem, Tobias and G.O.B. decide to start a coffee company.

I love the Gobias Industries storyline:
Tobias: Well, I’ve always wanted to remake Annie Hall. Except, I wouldn’t want to get in bed with a green producer like a Sofia Coppola though. Oh, but give me an old pro like a Robert Redford. Oh, I’d jump into bed with him in a second. And I wouldn’t just lie there, Michael Bluth, if that’s what you’re thinking.

Tobias: I’m afraid this offer comes off the table at midnight tonight.
Michael: That may be the worst bluff I’ve ever seen.
Narrator: Even the members of Gobias agreed on that one.

And here's another Lucille Gif:
tumblr_mbpkmnpmio1qefwl8o1_500.gif

EDIT: ^yup. That founding of Gobias Industries is great. Tobias and Gob scenes are always a joy.

lol. Props to Jeffrey Tambor and his portrayal of Oscar and George. The characters are so polar that its easy to forget they are played by the same actor. Hopefully, Oscar will be making a return for the new eps. Dat Hair.

Maeby:
You know that secret you have? The one about the hair that nobody&#8217;s supposed to see? I saw it.....................I saw Pop-Pop!

George Michael:
Oh, right. Pop-Pop! With hair!

Hazmat

Aside from Buster's juice, my favorite part of the episode was:
tumblr_llri6s0fU31qf0rpdo1_400.gif

Lucille: Besides, I’m going to Annyong’s soccer award ceremony and...
Lucille: ...and I don’t need the other soccer moms knowing how old my first batch of kids are.
G.O.B.: Yeah, I think that they’re going to know that Annyong’s not your...
G.O.B.: Would somebody please tell this insufferable child... to... God!

My favorite part of this exchange is the smug look Buster has when Gob gets frustrated with Annyong.

iNvid02

get over any reigion restrictions with the chrome extension mediahint

super excited for this, so glad its coming back. dont have the time to do a series rewatch which bums me out

Move along little sheep! It's a new day!

Today's episode: "Not Without My Daughter"

TRCi3CU.png

Synopsis - Michael takes Maeby to work with him on Bring Your Daughter To Work Day. After being slighted by Michael, Tobias, George Michael and G.O.B. all go to the mall to prove that they are just manly. Oscar takes Lucille and Buster to Annyong's soccer game.

Loved all the Buster scenes from this episode.

George, Sr: Is that what you&#8217;ve been thinking all these years? No, no, look, you were... you were just a turd out there, you know? You couldn&#8217;t kick, and you couldn&#8217;t run, you know? You were just a turd.

Buster: Prison has destroyed the way you talk. If that&#8217;s what it takes to impress these guys around here, then they are not your friends.

Massage fight is the best.
hkQ3Ib4.jpg

Bonus gif:
qa7IQDu.gif

Go buy us a cop of coffee.

Gobias

kU1KYje.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom