• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Justice League 2001

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Justiceleaguetimmartpromo.jpg

I don't like the lack of attention the justice league gets compared to the avengers as of recently. Why? You got superman, batman, hawk girl etc. just chilling. You got the green latern, flash, wonder woman, J'onn.

From that perspective, you have the justice league taking on superman's, batman's literally every members of the league's villains.

Top five episodes:

Season 1 episode 6, I went with this episode at #5 because of introducing the Aquaman.
MV5BOTUyYzZlMDUtOTk2ZC00NGQxLTkxNzMtZmVmMjNjNWNhNGYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0NjQzNTE@._V1_.jpg

Still one of my favorite designs.

#4. Season 1 episode 25.
The time traveling was better than any roller coaster avengers were on with Thanos.

MV5BMDY4YTcxZjctZDVhNC00YWI4LWIxOWUtYjM1YjI2MmVlMTk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4OTg3MTc@._V1_.jpg

I can always appreciate the future Batman.

#3. Season 2 episode 5, 6 Only a dream

tumblr_inline_pf3lfzoOcf1u8897p_500.gif

Easy pick for top 5, shoutout to all the nightmare scenarios the justice league members go through with the tricky villain Dr. Destiny.

#2. Season 2 episode 22, They went crazy with the Joker on this episode and it should be in any top 5.

#1. Season 2 episode 24-26 have to make the list, the introduction of the thanagars species (hawkgirls home planet), the new designs of the thanagars, and all the moments at Wayne manor.

I liked it more than the x-men animated series, also more than spiderman series but less than the batman animated series. I think hollywood will cash in on Hawkgirl, and give it an avengers, iron man caliber style movie.

OK, what does GAF think of the justice league animated series on netflix?

RavageX

So I originally never gave this show a chance, finally did ages ago and loved it. I loved how it got personal, how it carried story arcs as well.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Batman:TAS into Superman:TAS, then JL:TAS and Young Justice, its about all you really need. Some of the other batman animated series were pretty good and a TON of the DC animated movies were astounding. Lately not so much, but they had a good 20 year run. Some fucking ICONIC voice actors as well, plus that sweet sweet Paul Dini body style. Every man is wider than a truck and every woman puts an hourglass to shame :p

Edit: forgot to credit Bruce timm for the art aesthetic as well, he loves that pin up look as well.

Last edited:

Doom85

Batman:TAS into Superman:TAS, then JL:TAS and Young Justice, its about all you really need. Some of the other batman animated series were pretty good and a TON of the DC animated movies were astounding. Lately not so much, but they had a good 20 year run. Some fucking ICONIC voice actors as well, plus that sweet sweet Paul Dini body style. Every man is wider than a truck and every woman puts an hourglass to shame :p

OG Teen Titans was pretty great too. The more light hearted ones might not click with some adults if they don’t vibe with the humor, but most of the serious episodes were well done. Ron Perlman fucking rules as the voice of Slade. That episode in Season 3 where Robin keeps telling the rest of the team that Slade has returned but no one else can see him, and that chilling final few seconds of the episode, fucking legendary stuff.

Labolas

I rewatched JL a couple of years ago and yeah, I can confirm it does hold and still is awesome on bluray. Offtopic, but I gained a lot of appreciation for Superman TAS as well. Makes me appreciate a Superman that got the basics of the character and story down.

I would skip Young Justice that shit got bad in the later seasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom