• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I fucking love Fredi interviews after the game. He can't remember 75% of the shit that happened in the game.

"And Andrelton with that game-winning...I don't even know, double? ...We scored and we're shaking hands."

hahahaha

JABEE

I posted this over in OT, so I might as well post it over here too. I don't know if anyone has seen it, but this is a cool documentary I saw on recruitment of young players in the Dominican Republic.

Ballplayer: Pelotero.

It's a pretty good look into the way prospects are groomed and signed away from the Dominican Republic. Families take their kids out of school to go to these baseball boarding schools to help support their families. Families that live on scraps bank on their sons getting 6-7 figure signing bonuses from Major League teams.

It shows the incentive for players to lie about their age and take performance enhancing drugs. Sometimes the difference between extreme poverty and enough wealth to support generations to come is one forged birth certificate or some drugs. Once you are over 16 years old you are worth much, much less to Major League teams.

I posted this over in OT, so I might as well post it over here too. I don't know if anyone has seen it, but this is a cool documentary I saw on recruitment of young players in the Dominican Republic.

Ballplayer: Pelotero.

It's a pretty good look into the way prospects are groomed and signed away from the Dominican Republic. Families take their kids out of school to go to these baseball boarding schools to help support their families. Families that live on scraps bank on their sons getting 6-7 figure signing bonuses from Major League teams.

It shows the incentive for players to lie about their age and take performance enhancing drugs. Sometimes the difference between extreme poverty and enough wealth to support generations to come is one forged birth certificate or some drugs. Once you are over 16 years old you are worth much, much less to Major League teams.

great flick. its on Sano and sum other kid. Sano has been beasting in the minors last few years

rando14

So if current scores hold, the Mariners will finish the day with a better record than the Angels.

ibjdk3coyMReYI.gif

bozeman

2 innings for Mujica. 3 pitchers down out of the pen tomorrow night. If Kelly fails, he'll be left in there to die.

Wainwright pinch hitting. Oh boy, don't pull anything.

Surprised to see that Yadi is still leading the NL in batting, even with a 1-6 night. Segura must be in a slump also.

Here's another chance to end the game. Please come through, Kozmanian Devil

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Puig-mania clearly in full effect in Chavez Ravine...

bozeman

Wonder how many position players are going to need a day off tomorrow, too. Yadi should repeal his suspension appeal because he's probably sitting out tomorrow anyway.

Wonder how many position players are going to need a day off tomorrow, too. Yadi should repeal his suspension appeal because he's probably sitting out tomorrow anyway.
Very good point. Hopefully we win tonight so tomorrow's punt doesn't hurt as bad.

2nd time we've had to PH with a pitcher tonight lol.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Here's hoping Andre Ethier enjoys his few remaining days in LA...

Top Bottom