• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 working for now. Have Replacement Plan for inevitable failure but should I...

Yamaha98

wait for a Microsoft revision of the hardware?

My 1 yr old unit is still working but I am afraid that the 3-ring grim reaper will come sooner than later. No problems cited yet so far but these things seem to die without warning.

Problem is, I have the GameCrazy Replacement Plan though I am not sure I want to redeem for a new unit (when my current X360 dies) that may die again later. I only get 1 replacement, then I have to deal with MS & their ever growing refurbished stock.

Sad for me to be thinking about this when my unit is not broken yet.

:(

Bildi

Hang on, your name starts with a 'Y'!

Y is the only letter missing in our index of names in the 360 death thread. I hope your 360 breaks soon!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bildi said:

Y is the only letter missing in our index of names in the 360 death thread. I hope your 360 breaks soon!

Ahem. Watch your tongue.

Yamaha98

WickedLaharl said:
how long is your replacement plan for?

Believe 2 yrs, so I have 1 yr left of coverage.

I'll be there in that thread, soon god-willing.

So now we're posting about 360's before they die?

Its come down to that I guess. Just want to prepare ahead of time & see what options are available.

soco

i'd wait for the revision.

some folks are still working with launch units, so its anyone's guess when it'll happen.

USD

Wishing for someone's system to die so you can have the full alphabet to your petty little directory? You guys truly sicken me.

with laughter

Slavik81

Thoren said:
This is now the "My Xbox 360 Might Die some day and I'm living to tell the story" Official Thread

So who wants to start the requisite "My Xbox 360 Might Die some day but I don't think I'll live to tell the story" Official Thread? I think that's the only one left to make.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Bildi said:

"J" is covered? Sweet.

Slavik81 said:
So who wants to start the requisite "My Xbox 360 Might Die some day but I don't think I'll live to tell the story" Official Thread? I think that's the only one left to make.
I haven't seen a "My 360 still works! Sucks to be the rest of you. lolz" thread yet.

Kafel

Banned
Now that it is known that MS fixes the hardware of broken consoles, maybe they'll see more of them coming ...

The GameCrazy replacement plan is a total scam. I purchased one in Feb when I got my 360, and was told is that all I needed to do was return my broken unit, and they would replace it with a new one. Now I'm told, that their replacement plan is only valid AFTER Microsoft's warrenty runs out, which can be 1+ years depending on how many times you send back broken units. Meaning, basically, their plan is a total fraud. The whole reason I got that plan was so I wouldn't have to deal with waiting for a coffin. I read the fine print in the contract, and they are indeed right, but since I didn't bring a team of lawyers with me to the store, I had to take their word on it. I really hate being lied to so those kids can meet their quota. Regardless, I have a little appointment with the store manager on Friday, and possibly the district manager if need be.

Cheers!

Zack-Morris said:
The GameCrazy replacement plan is a total scam. I purchased one in Feb when I got my 360, and was told is that all I needed to do was return my broken unit, and they would replace it with a new one. Now I'm told, that their replacement plan is only valid AFTER Microsoft's warrenty runs out, which can be 1+ years depending on how many times you send back broken units. Meaning, basically, their plan is a total fraud. The whole reason I got that plan was so I wouldn't have to deal with waiting for a coffin. I read the fine print in the contract, and they are indeed right, but since I didn't bring a team of lawyers with me to the store, I had to take their word on it. I really hate being lied to so those kids can meet their quota. Regardless, I have a little appointment with the store manager on Friday, and possibly the district manager if need be.

Cheers!

Good for you! Let them know you aren't happy with their scam.

Don't know how to delete my double post here so I'll just try to add something in it's place.

This is worse than their shady practice of selling opened games at new prices.

3rdman

Before it dies, wrap it up in a towel and burn it...return it to MS with a free warranty replacement and the new unit will be sent to you with another year of warranty.

This may be dishonest, but its not nearly as egregious as what they are doing as far as I'm concerned. You're newer unit should come with the undated cooling tech.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the lackeys at the Naperville, IL Gamecrazy in regards to my earlier post. Does anyone know where I might find the contact information for the district manager?

Kingpen

I'm in the same boat, but have gone through several systems. My extra warrenty lasts until nov 08. I'll wait for the 65nm revision for sure if my system lasts that long....

To the original poster, don't sweat worrying about this question until either your system craps out, or your warrenty is up. If you get to a month before the warrenty is up, either try to add on time to the warrenty or swap your old system for a new one at that time.

Top Bottom