• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Appreciation post for the games I have played since the start of the year.

PacificNW

It all started with Hi Fi Rush. I read some of GAFs impressions from people who bought the game the day of and yolo bought the game. I am decent at rhythm games, shout out to Amplitude during the PS2 days. Anyways, I ended up loving Hi Fi. The amount of creativity and talent on display was incredible. I had a lot of fun playing it. I beat it. I want to go back for a second play through, but I needed a break from it.

Two days later Dead Space Remastered came out and I loved it to bits. Fantastic remaster.

I bought Atomic Heart next, struggled with the game until I got to the final boss. I loaded a previous save, tinkered around in an earlier section of the game and realized how much I missed. I restarted and everything clicked. I took my time and just enjoyed it all. I loved how weird the game was. Mundfish did an incredible job with the game.

Fast forward a bit and a buddy bought Titanfall 2 $5 on Steam. He wasn't expecting much. A mechanized COD. He was blown away and shared videos of a lot of cool stuff. I bought it for $20 a day later. Incredible game. We were both trying to figure out how we missed the game when it came out. I knew EA sent the game out to die. I had a buddy at work who played it and said it was great. I played the first one and enjoyed it for what it was. TF2 is on a whole other level. One of the best games I have ever played. Which bering me to Respawns next game.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor. Respawn did an incredible job. I played it and just beat the game on the Series X. Technical issues aside, the game is incredible.

In the end, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed playing these games. The developers did an incredible job and deserve kudos. So thank you. I look forward to what you guys have cooking!

KàIRóS

Octopath Traveler 2 is still my GOTY so far.

Still playing Wo Long and Wild Hearts in Multiplayer.

RE4R and Jedi Survivor were overhyped but I still enjoyed them.

XC3 DLC was amazing.

For anyone looking for a hidden gem try Trinity Trigger it's basically modern Secret of Mana.

Also shoutout to the Megaman Batte Network collection I finally got to play the last 2 games in the series and they were amazing.

Top Bottom