• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Sonic Labyrinth (Well... that was kind of lame...)

Boogiepop

To start, a link to my other Sonic R/LTTPs:
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Heroes
Sonic 06
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic the Hedgehog Game Gear
Sonic 2 Game Gear
Tails Adventure
So, since Sonic 1 Game Gear didn't take long and I have a bit of free time on my hands, so I decided to knock out Sonic Labyrinth as well. And... well, it was pretty... not good. There's hardly anything to it. Really, even when "difficulty" ramps up in the end, it just turns into a race to figure out stupid teleporter mazes. Bleh. I'm not really sure there's much at all to say about this game. I guess at least it was short. I apparently beat it in 20 minutes. So... yay?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
You mean the Game Gear game? With the weird like 3/4 top-down view? I had that! Back when I was too young to be any good at games. That one was weird and boring (although interestingly unique). GG Sonic 2 was way too hard for me lol, the only other Sonoc GG game I had.

Edit: yep, this guy. Nostalgia!
9F72A751-8BD9-44C8-A117-FF2697A33A1B-259-0000006EF3C4D9F3_zps8fe457f3.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
GOTTA' GO SLOW!

Why the fuck does Sonic not just change his damn shoes? He freaking left a pair in Donkey Kong Country, I'm sure he has a few spares on hand.

Vidiot

This is one of the reasons I don't understand why everyone complains about modern Sonic. This game (and it's not the only one) proves classic Sonic had shit games too.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
This is one of the reasons I don't understand why everyone complains about modern Sonic. This game (and it's not the only one) proves classic Sonic had shit games too.

Yeah as a kid with a Genesis and Nintendo envy, I always knew deep down that Sonoc wasn't in the same league as Nintendo's flagship mascots :(

qq more

I don't get where you're getting at since this is a spinoff. People complained about the main line modern titles. No one has ever said there was no bad Sonic games in the 90s. Everyone knows titles like Blast and Labyrinth were shit. The big difference is that the mainline modern Sonic titles constantly disappointed people for years. (Heroes to arguably Unleashed) Meanwhile Classic Sonic mainline titles were always considered good (although CD has mixed reception among fans).

But this is irrelevant now since the last 2 modern games (Colors/Gen) are well received anyways and Lost World is looking good.

I guess the difference is that back then, these were clearly side games, not the main series. Modern Sonic hadn't had nearly as many side games as Classic Sonic.

*shrug*

Top Bottom